Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli  (Read 291355 times)

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
Re: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli
« Reply #720 on: September 1, 2014, 02:00:35 pm »
Couldnt score in a whorehouse yesterday. But had a good game otherwise. His touch can be sublime at times.

First signs are good!
Phuk yoo

Offline Red Reign

• Anny Roader
  • Get Busy Livin' or Get Busy Dyin'.
« Reply #721 on: September 1, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »

This is a fair point. Something I think he can work on. But one of the biggest criticisms from purely a technical standpoint is his inconsistency. But that's why Liverpool is the club for him. He'll only get better playing for BR and Liverpool.

I was just as excited as anyone when we signed him but Sunday's game reminded me of what I've always felt about him; he wastes a lot of chances. Mind I've only watched him a total of 5-6 games for club and country but he always seemed like he needed a boatload of chances before scoring.

I'm hoping it'll be just like Suarez where we initially rue his finishing only to develop a top-class striker. He is only 24 after all.
“Just go out and drop a few hand grenades all over the place son.” - Bill Shankly

Offline ManchesterBlue

• Hologram fan with digital flag 'full members cup runners up 1986'.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blue Moon, you saw me standing alone
« Reply #722 on: September 1, 2014, 02:22:47 pm »
Couldnt score in a whorehouse yesterday. But had a good game otherwise. His touch can be sublime at times.

First signs are good!
He can be very wasteful. I don't think his record on 1-on-1's was great when he was with us.

Offline redalways

• ...so needs a pair of clean knickers
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #723 on: September 1, 2014, 02:24:08 pm »
Niall Quinn was doing my head in aswell yesterday. After about 25 minutes I recall him saying "so far so good for Balotelli" or something along those lines.

What was he expecting him to do? Walk across and punch Steven Gerrard in the face?

These guys feel they need to say something to just keep talking presumably to earn their fee. The reality is they would earn their fee more by talking less and saying something sensible.

Offline Fluke

• aka the recently dismissed General Consensus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop.
« Reply #724 on: September 1, 2014, 03:34:56 pm »
John Champion is a c*nt of the highest order, and I don't say that lightly either. He's a massive prick, and that doesn't surprise me.
What was he at now? Remember when he basically called Suarez a cheat?

Brad Friedel basically summed it up last night. That his image comes entirely from his time with Mancini. Half the stuff written about him isn't even true.
Is it true that he threw a dart at a youth player?  That's probably the only rumour I've heard that I would care about...
Look down, look down, you'll always be a slave.
Look down, look down, you're standing in your grave.

Offline Rexy

• Main Stander
« Reply #725 on: September 1, 2014, 03:55:15 pm »
Is it true that he threw a dart at a youth player?  That's probably the only rumour I've heard that I would care about...

Apparently so. He also stood up in San Carlo in Manchester and started chanting "Rooney! Rooney! Rooney!" at the hooker Wayne had apparently slept with  ;D

He was a young man with a lot of money, most of his past antics were daft things like being sent to John Lewis by his mum to buy an ironing board and came back with a trampoline, Scalectrix and a table tennis table

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #726 on: September 1, 2014, 04:02:30 pm »
There was some good link up play between him and Sturridge. I think its OK for that to be considered in its infancy. If he had noted the acres of space Daniel had when he shot wide on the rebound, he may have tried the pass. None of the stereotypes are working for me based on the evidence of my eyes on Sunday. That was football for him to savour. He played amongst several players that, in terms of ability, flair and skill are fully his equal, and they outscored him and/or had more shots on target than him. He will be as motivated by that as anything anyone tells him I suspect.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #727 on: September 1, 2014, 04:29:04 pm »

According to that GQ interview, no, not true.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #728 on: September 1, 2014, 04:32:45 pm »
Are we the fastest team he has played in? I don't think he really knew how deadly quick we can be on a competitive pitch until yesterday. Wait till he gets used to the pace.

Offline SerbianScouser

• Far from world class.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...All the best
« Reply #729 on: September 1, 2014, 06:05:48 pm »
I`m not completely sure first goal happens if we had only one striker, when Hendo was about to cross the ball Dier on the other side came inside as he was wary of Balo`s threat thus creating space on the far post for Sterling. That is exactly the kind of distraction people talked about when we signed him , it`s exactly the way Suarez was creating space for others just by being on the pitch. Same thing we`ve seen with Lambert in first two games.

It`s safe to say we look much better with two forwards upfront now it`s all about find the right balance behind them and we`ll be golden.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #730 on: September 1, 2014, 06:10:08 pm »
But you never experienced overt racism in England?

No. Not open, no. At City, just after I joined, we were on a plane going on tour somewhere, and I looked around and I realised there were more black players than white players on the team. That was a big difference. That was kind of amazing. In Italy I was often the only one.

I think he will be good mates with his diamond trio partners

https://vine.co/v/OBH9DQMQuIa

So we're replacing the SAS with the SBS (Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling)  - why all these special forces acronyms? ;)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #731 on: September 1, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »
So we're replacing the SAS with the SBS (Sturridge, Balotelli, Sterling)  - why all these special forces acronyms? ;)

If we play Sterling at the tip of a diamond, we could have an attacking midfield of SEaLs :D

Sterling
Emre
and
Lallana
Better looking than Samie.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #732 on: September 1, 2014, 06:21:24 pm »
If we play Sterling at the tip of a diamond, we could have an attacking midfield of SEaLs :D

Sterling
Emre
and
Lallana
aah now it all makes sense ;)
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Mike Basset

• Anny Roader
« Reply #733 on: September 1, 2014, 07:11:37 pm »
Are we the fastest team he has played in? I don't think he really knew how deadly quick we can be on a competitive pitch until yesterday. Wait till he gets used to the pace.

I think we are the fastest team any of these players have played in. Our pace is unreal.

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #734 on: September 1, 2014, 07:15:46 pm »
I hope he can get at least 15 goals this season.

If he keeps that work rate up as well and he really can make a nuisance for opposition defenders.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #735 on: September 1, 2014, 07:37:12 pm »
He was a young man with a lot of money, most of his past antics were daft things like being sent to John Lewis by his mum to buy an ironing board and came back with a trampoline, Scalectrix and a table tennis table

EVEN BETTER THAN THAT

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/11fCIGcCa9c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/11fCIGcCa9c</a>

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #736 on: September 1, 2014, 09:58:59 pm »
So Arsenal got Welbeck for the same money, let's see who got the better deal.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: September 1, 2014, 10:06:25 pm »
So Arsenal got Welbeck for the same money, let's see who got the better deal.

18m acc to The Times.
^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
« Reply #738 on: September 1, 2014, 11:17:25 pm »
Speaking about songs for Balotelli, I wonder if something could be done with Travis - Why Does it Always Rain On Me? (Why is it Always Balotelli?)
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #739 on: September 1, 2014, 11:18:30 pm »
Speaking about songs for Balotelli, I wonder if something could be done with Travis - Why Does it Always Rain On Me? (Why is it Always Balotelli?)
Could be on to something with this.

Would sound class with 40,000 singing it.

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #740 on: September 1, 2014, 11:33:13 pm »

Sterling
Emre
and
Lallana

Sterling
Emre
Allen
Lallana
Steven
?

Also, while we have the S(pecial) SEALS in attack, our defence is just MMMMM.
Moreno, Mamadou, Martin, Manquilo, Mignolet.

That really took the thread of topic.... sorry!
« Last Edit: September 1, 2014, 11:42:03 pm by redbyrdz »
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Americaner...

• More American than other, ordinary Americans.
  • Kopite
  • I dream in red and white
« Reply #741 on: September 2, 2014, 12:07:58 am »

Could be good

Offline del23

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kemlynite
  • Quit the analysis Ronnie!!
« Reply #742 on: September 2, 2014, 08:00:43 am »
from
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2014-08/29/alastair-campbell-talks-to-mario-balotelli/

Do you feel special, Mario?
I feel like a special person because I feel I have something inside me that my family passed to me and I can pass to other people.

Namely?
Respect and love and joy.

Very good interview, thought the most interesting bit was;

If you were a manager, how would you manage you?
Don't treat me differently.

Goes with everything Brendan has been saying about managing him so far, i.e. marking at corners, taking the penalties etc.
Every other Sat'day's me half day off......

Offline Cattive Maniere

• Legacy Fan
  • Mentalita Ultras
    • bettingtips365
« Reply #743 on: September 2, 2014, 08:58:17 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaWjl6oegu8&feature=youtu.be

Online PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #744 on: September 2, 2014, 10:19:11 am »
http://www.gq-magazine.co.uk/comment/articles/2014-08/29/alastair-campbell-talks-to-mario-balotelli/

Just read that fully, he came across really really well there, makes me like him more, seems quite grounded compared to what you hear in the papers where you'd picture him as a full blown nutjob.

Offline "21C or 70F?" SchizoidWeatherMan!

• Me, I'm Touchy.....which is why I am so fond of a happy ending ;)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • blazed
« Reply #745 on: September 2, 2014, 10:39:08 am »
He is not a natural finisher but has everything else in terms of skill and technique.

When he is settled, it will be reasonable to expect 15 goals and 10 assists from him in a season.
Phuk yoo

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #746 on: September 2, 2014, 11:22:10 am »
Could be on to something with this.

Would sound class with 40,000 singing it.

It really wouldn't, and it doesn't even fit.  :-X
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #747 on: September 2, 2014, 04:55:18 pm »
He is not a natural finisher but has everything else in terms of skill and technique.

When he is settled, it will be reasonable to expect 15 goals and 10 assists from him in a season.

Really? I've always thought he had great shooting technique and certainly looks like a natural finisher. He had an off game (shooting wise), but I'm expecting him to score far more than 15 goals this season. In fact, I think he'll be challenging Sturridge for top scorer (and I'm a huge fan of Sturridge's game!) once he gets back into the flow of things.

I still can't believe we signed him for 16mill. What a steal.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Red Viper of Dorne

• Main Stander
  • Oh Phillipe
« Reply #748 on: September 2, 2014, 05:37:39 pm »

I tried cooking something up with Shaggy - It wasn't me, with some of his 'scandals' but my songwriter skills let me down :<

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #749 on: September 2, 2014, 05:39:43 pm »

This is what a lot of folk said about Suarez after he first joined. Hopefully Mario follows the same curve!

Offline RedEire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #750 on: September 2, 2014, 08:23:02 pm »
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=s6rWzgt5tKU

One of the best videos iv seen of him, can't wait to see mario when he gets match fit, he's gonna tear it up and I bet anything he will out score falcao comfortably this season. It's actually good that falcao has come to the premier league, he's taken a lot of talk and big hype off mario, even tho mario seems cool as fuck,it's nice that the headlines are off him and he can settle in while all the hype will be plastic knees in Manchester.
Having Welbeck try and mark Pirlo is ridiculous. It's like trying to get a golden retriever to stop a tennis ball machine.Because one is a machine designed for a very specific purpose that it is peerless at, and the other is a fucking dog.

Offline houkura

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: September 3, 2014, 01:44:33 am »

Loving his instagram. He seems to love Liverpool already. Great sense of humour as well....
"Good to be here, good to be anywhere."  --Keith Richards

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #752 on: September 3, 2014, 01:55:32 am »
Loving his instagram. He seems to love Liverpool already. Great sense of humour as well....
He's already identifying with the SBS - Sturridge -Balotelli-Sterling -

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #753 on: September 3, 2014, 01:59:51 am »
If I was in the coaching staff of Liverpool, I would start playing a lot more 5/6-a-sides to encourage team play in his game.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #754 on: September 3, 2014, 02:37:32 am »
If I was in the coaching staff of Liverpool, I would start playing a lot more 5/6-a-sides to encourage team play in his game.

That's pretty much the basis of everything Rodgers does. Balotelli will be aces by Christmas.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: September 3, 2014, 04:11:56 am »
For 16mil, Balo vs Welback
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline kjomall

• Main Stander
« Reply #756 on: September 3, 2014, 04:30:53 am »
I think he is a great signing. Does anyone believe that he will be here longer than two years? Does anyone think that he is a player that will stay long term at one club. Personally, I think he'll be here this season and next and then we'll move him on. Just wondering, but I don't see him as someone that will ever be a "legend" at any club. Maybe it is too early to ask this question...
“If the words 'life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness' don't include the right to experiment with your own consciousness, then the Declaration of Independence isn't worth the hemp it was written on.”
― Terence McKenna

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: September 3, 2014, 04:36:47 am »
I think he is a great signing. Does anyone believe that he will be here longer than two years? Does anyone think that he is a player that will stay long term at one club. Personally, I think he'll be here this season and next and then we'll move him on. Just wondering, but I don't see him as someone that will ever be a "legend" at any club. Maybe it is too early to ask this question...
If he helps Liverpool win their first PL title he will more of a legend than Suarez in spite of the number of years here
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #758 on: September 3, 2014, 04:38:21 am »

Offline nyctex

• God Bless America
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Close your eyes...and imagine it's Jason McAteer
« Reply #759 on: September 3, 2014, 04:38:24 am »
Never thought I'd see this.   Has to be a photoshop.