Author Topic: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli  (Read 291342 times)

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Welcome to Liverpool - Mario Balotelli
« Reply #360 on: August 27, 2014, 01:00:42 pm »
KOLO / KOLO KOLO / KOLO KOLO / KOLO KOLO TOURE
BALO / BALO BALO / BALO BALO / BALO BALOTELLI
 :D

I said before I'm glad Kolo is staying simply for Balotelli.
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #361 on: August 27, 2014, 01:04:49 pm »
Remembering back, my first few days in a new job, I'd sit sheepishly in a corner and keep myself to myself for a few weeks.

Mario is straight in there having the crack. :)

Nice to hear what Zabeleta said about him being a great guy to have around, i can believe it.  I have a gut feeling this is going to be a brilliant signing :)

Offline Magix

• Partial to Tarts
  • Legacy Fan
  • Just 5 points away
« Reply #362 on: August 27, 2014, 01:06:22 pm »
Oh no, Mario is already bringing Kolo down to his level!

Offline N0rnIr0nRed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #363 on: August 27, 2014, 01:06:24 pm »
Major banter.
"I usually have a second pair of glasses but I can't find them because it's hard to find glasses without glasses!" Jürgen Klopp

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: August 27, 2014, 01:07:07 pm »

:lmao

Online robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #365 on: August 27, 2014, 01:09:01 pm »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: August 27, 2014, 01:09:02 pm »
This thread will be huge by the end of the year
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline Lippy The Lion

• Kopite
« Reply #367 on: August 27, 2014, 01:10:30 pm »
Wait til he tries that on Flanno :o
'To do is to be' - Sartre

'To be is to do' - Descartes

'Do be do be do' - Sinatra

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #368 on: August 27, 2014, 01:11:45 pm »
This thread will be huge by the end of the year
For sure, it'll be huge regardless. Hopefully for all the right reasons though :)

Offline SimplyRed91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: August 27, 2014, 01:13:30 pm »

Wait til he tries that on Flanno :o
Imagine if he tried it on Ngog when he was here [emoji27]

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #370 on: August 27, 2014, 01:14:13 pm »
He would absolute dominate the world, if he could only figure out how to wear a bib.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #371 on: August 27, 2014, 01:17:21 pm »

Offline Ken-Obi

• Hasn't got Wan, doesn't deserve Wan
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: isn't going to get one of these either
« Reply #372 on: August 27, 2014, 01:19:43 pm »
Mario finally realising it's now or never?
Someone should do the right thing - go back in time to 1992 and destroy the codes to Championship Manager before it is ever released

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #373 on: August 27, 2014, 01:20:15 pm »

This is how Premier League winners train, dont knock it.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #374 on: August 27, 2014, 01:29:05 pm »
This is how Premier League winners train, dont knock it.
Is that what your manager told you?  ;)
"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."

Offline Michel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: August 27, 2014, 01:37:16 pm »
Ι love Kolo. :D

Offline El jefe

• Kopite
« Reply #376 on: August 27, 2014, 01:55:21 pm »

Offline EmotionalCitrus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: August 27, 2014, 02:01:10 pm »
Kolo is the happiest man alive.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: August 27, 2014, 02:03:16 pm »

^ That's what you get for posting twitter shite kids.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #379 on: August 27, 2014, 02:54:36 pm »

I'm laughing so hard I can barely breathe.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2014, 03:12:00 pm »
I'm so excited about Super Mario! Really think he's gonna kick on here.

Question. We've all seemingly come to the conclusion (albeit maybe a bit early) than Daniel struggles up top on his own, certainly in the tougher games, and that he would benefit from having another striker up there with him, but if we didn't want to play two up top against say Chelsea or Arsenal away, how would people feel about Mario starting as a lone striker? From what I've seen of him at Milan his hold up play is excellent and he draws a shitload of fouls in and around the box, and he's strong enough to hold the ball for long enough that other players can get up in support or run off him, and he has the both the strength and technique to find teammates while holding off challenges.

I know the idea of starting without Sturridge in a big game unless he's injured may seem strange, but if we really wanted to play one up top I do think Balotelli is probably slightly better at it. Or is that just me?

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2014, 03:19:36 pm »

Question. We've all seemingly come to the conclusion (albeit maybe a bit early) than Daniel struggles up top on his own, certainly in the tougher games, and that he would benefit from having another striker up there with him, but if we didn't want to play two up top against say Chelsea or Arsenal away, how would people feel about Mario starting as a lone striker? From what I've seen of him at Milan his hold up play is excellent and he draws a shitload of fouls in and around the box, and he's strong enough to hold the ball for long enough that other players can get up in support or run off him, and he has the both the strength and technique to find teammates while holding off challenges.

I know the idea of starting without Sturridge in a big game unless he's injured may seem strange, but if we really wanted to play one up top I do think Balotelli is probably slightly better at it. Or is that just me?

I think the problem was more the ineffectiveness of coutinho on the left, rather than sturridge not being a good lone striker- he just wasn't really getting the service. He was inches offside for the disallowed goal and if moreno had squared it he'd have scored at 2-0 down. I think if we moved cou back into midfield and started markovic on the left we'd see a very lethal number 9. Though, I'm sure mario could do a pretty good job there as well.

The key difference for me would be sturridge's pace, even though mario is pretty quick too, against teams that try to play ball. Against the park the bus types we'd probably go with two strikers.
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: August 27, 2014, 03:25:35 pm »

Balottelli's hold up play is better, but in most other areas Sturridge is much more polished. He will work harder for the team, has better movement and is just as likely to provide a moment of genius, they're about equal in the air as well.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: August 27, 2014, 03:33:17 pm »
I want Kolo and Mario to star in their own webseries. Just 2 minute clips of them shooting the shit during training. It'll be boss.
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: August 27, 2014, 03:41:29 pm »
Balottelli's hold up play is better, but in most other areas Sturridge is much more polished. He will work harder for the team, has better movement and is just as likely to provide a moment of genius, they're about equal in the air as well.

Agree with that apart from the bolded bit, I think Balotelli is much more dangerous than Sturridge in the air.

I do think Sturridge is the better striker, I just wonder if we were going to go one up top in the tougher games if starting Balotelli over Sturridge makes more sense. I think Sturridge is more likely to get a goal when the ball arrives in the box, but I think Balotelli would help us more to get the ball in the box, if that makes sense. Sturridge's hold up play still needs a bit of work and unless the midfield is pushed up and the wide forwards contributing he sort of gets bullied out of games a bit; he can go ages without touching the ball.

I just think Mario would provide an interesting outball in those really difficult games that might help us get up the pitch. On the other hand Sturridge is the better player for counter attacking football. If you can get them both in then great - they've got different but complementary attributes. I just feel we lose a little something when we play the diamond and it puts a huge burden on whoever plays as the #10 to create pretty much everything.

Offline Twitter.com

• 140 character limitation. Laugh now but one day he'll be in chorge. Media junkie.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: August 27, 2014, 03:48:39 pm »

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #386 on: August 27, 2014, 03:50:04 pm »
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: August 27, 2014, 03:57:35 pm »
Agree with that apart from the bolded bit, I think Balotelli is much more dangerous than Sturridge in the air.

I do think Sturridge is the better striker, I just wonder if we were going to go one up top in the tougher games if starting Balotelli over Sturridge makes more sense. I think Sturridge is more likely to get a goal when the ball arrives in the box, but I think Balotelli would help us more to get the ball in the box, if that makes sense. Sturridge's hold up play still needs a bit of work and unless the midfield is pushed up and the wide forwards contributing he sort of gets bullied out of games a bit; he can go ages without touching the ball.

I just think Mario would provide an interesting outball in those really difficult games that might help us get up the pitch. On the other hand Sturridge is the better player for counter attacking football. If you can get them both in then great - they've got different but complementary attributes. I just feel we lose a little something when we play the diamond and it puts a huge burden on whoever plays as the #10 to create pretty much everything.

Based on the way mario has actually played in his career so far, as opposed to how we hope he plays for us consistently, I'd say mario is potentially a good target man. He's never been particularly prolific in the air, and on his whatever days he's absolutely atrocious. A lot of his goals seem to come when he's sent through and he spends a lot of time outside the box.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2014, 03:59:24 pm by theMilkman »
"But the most important thing that we all must remember is that this football club is much more important and bigger than anybody."~ King Kenny Dalglish

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: August 27, 2014, 04:29:26 pm »
Were Mario and Kolo teammates in City?

Offline Twitter.com

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #389 on: August 27, 2014, 04:33:15 pm »
Were Mario and Kolo teammates in City?

Balotelli 0:15 - Kolo 0:34  :D

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=VSidQMVneGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/watch?v=VSidQMVneGk</a>

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: August 27, 2014, 04:38:00 pm »
I think I've cracked why people say he's a poor trainer.. It's obvious from the pictures that he gets stuck putting on his bib and misses bits and thus is called lazy.

Offline The Mule

• Kalgan's finest
  • Kopite
« Reply #391 on: August 27, 2014, 05:17:53 pm »

What?

Sturridge is quite poor in the air, where as Mario is fairly decent.
"Listen, here's the thing. If you can't spot the sucker in the first half hour at the table, then you ARE the sucker."

Offline digger barnes 87

• Kopite
  • TOXTETH RED 4 life
« Reply #392 on: August 27, 2014, 05:33:17 pm »
Already fouling our own players

Love Marshy laughing in the background!
“Don’t worry Alan. At least you’ll be able to play close to a great team!” Bill Shankly to Alan Ball after he signed for Everton

Offline long.

• Anny Roader
  • He shoots... he SCORES!
« Reply #393 on: August 27, 2014, 05:37:40 pm »
haha wonder if he'll exact some revenge on Can after his bulldozing in the preseason friendly

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: August 27, 2014, 05:38:53 pm »
Love Marshy laughing in the background!

do we know who his wife is?

Offline ghandi13

• Main Stander
« Reply #395 on: August 27, 2014, 05:39:53 pm »
Loving Mario, I just it stays that way :) , I do want him to get rid of that Sky Blue boot though, it's annoying me!

Offline GoodKopBadKop

• Main Stander
« Reply #396 on: August 27, 2014, 05:47:53 pm »
How does everyone think we're going to use him then? when everyones fit like? in a 4-3-3 with Sturridge and Sterling wide, but then how does Sturridge take being shunted out wide for him? im thinking maybe the diamond we used a few times last season would work best:

.................................Mignolet

..Flannagan.....Skrtel.............Lovren......Moreno

.................................Gerrard

.............Henderson...................Allen

..................................Sterling

..................Sturridge...............Balotelli

Offline theMilkman

• but doesn't deliver.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: August 27, 2014, 05:50:37 pm »
How does everyone think we're going to use him then? when everyones fit like? in a 4-3-3 with Sturridge and Sterling wide, but then how does Sturridge take being shunted out wide for him? im thinking maybe the diamond we used a few times last season would work best:

I think there's a different thread for this? (The strongest team thread)

Offline ghandi13

• Main Stander
« Reply #398 on: August 27, 2014, 05:53:06 pm »

Mmm, your forgetting , Lalana and Markovis to come in, I don't see Allen playing on the left side of Mid, possibly away from home but never at home, again loads of options . It's a difficult one, we may even go 4-4-2 to give more width, that way you can fit both Sterling and lalana in the side. I don't want to loose Allen, he played well against City, but I can see why he's being linked with a move. He won't go though.

Offline El Ninos Black Eye

• Legacy Fan
  • What we do in life, echoes in eternity!
« Reply #399 on: August 27, 2014, 05:55:55 pm »

It's like his evil nemesis
Still hasn't learnt to put a bib on!
"I'm being watched by the Secret Police and wondering when they’re going to come and take me away"