Author Topic: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here  (Read 2523924 times)

Offline Jonny5

• .... . .-.. .-.. ---
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • 97 ynwa 39
Re: Main Stand Expansion (U/C) Pics and Progress in here
« Reply #1480 on: July 11, 2015, 08:01:07 pm »
update 2

it looks like there going to attach cables between the two towers, i can only assume if the truss is out they will use these to pull the towers closer together to line them up, not sure only guessing

pic 1 & 2 kop tower
pic 3  annie rd

When you walk through a storm hold your head up high and dont be afraid of the dark

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1481 on: July 11, 2015, 08:06:21 pm »
Thanks mate, appreciate all the photos.  :)

Offline 1club1loveLFC

• Main Stander
  • Lets Challenge Everyone, Lets Fight For Everything
« Reply #1482 on: July 11, 2015, 09:32:32 pm »
Pics courtesy of @redrazor20 via Twitter
"We don't have any splits here. The players country is Liverpool Football Club and their language is football."

(Follow me on twitter @1club1loveLFC)

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1483 on: July 12, 2015, 04:03:05 am »
update 2

it looks like there going to attach cables between the two towers, i can only assume if the truss is out they will use these to pull the towers closer together to line them up, not sure only guessing

pic 1 & 2 kop tower
pic 3  annie rd
Gotta love that it's called Big Red! :D

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1484 on: July 12, 2015, 02:37:24 pm »
 :thumbup    ;D

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1485 on: July 12, 2015, 06:58:39 pm »
Liverpool FC bring in huge cranes that built Wembley to lift roof of new Main Stand into place

Two giant cranes which will lift the roof of Anfield’s new Main Stand into place began to arrive in the city today.

The cranes are arriving in segments on lowloaders and will be assembled by engineers at Anfield over the next few weeks, before being used to lift the huge roof truss into place.

They have previously been used on the London 2012 Olympic Park and Wembley Stadium.

Stretching to a height of 252ft-high, they will work together to lift the 650 tonne truss above the Main Stand’s new structure, before slowly lowering it onto two recently built towers.

Anfield’s new Main Stand will hold around 8,500 extra seats, split roughly between corporate seats and general sale, raising Anfield’s capacity to 54,000.

Liverpool today revealed high-end executive level seating in the new stand was “selling out quickly” and premium level was now coming on sale.

Andrew Parkinson, Liverpool FC operations director said: “The arrival of these huge cranes is a real sign of the progress being made here at Anfield and following meticulous planning, it is fantastic to see it coming together.

“The roof lift is a vital part of our programme to build an expanded Main Stand and we’ve called on the biggest cranes in the country to complete this crucial task.”

The lift, which can only go ahead when wind conditions are suitable, is due to expected to take place ahead of the start of the season and follows months of planning by Carillion, who are building the extension.

The cranes, known as AK680 and AK912, can each lift 1,200 tonnes and have been involved in projects all over the world from Argentina to Thailand.

Liverpool say the Main stand expansion remains on target for completion during the 2016/17 season, with the new Stand made up of three tiers

The current Main Stand will be changed to create a widened player tunnel, new team benches, media platform and wheelchair viewing positions.

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport...cranes-9633748

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #1486 on: July 12, 2015, 06:59:58 pm »
Gotta love that it's called Big Red! :D
Should have been Mighty Red

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #1487 on: July 14, 2015, 10:24:44 am »
I'm fortunate enough to work with the Carillion head of lift.
The cables on top of the supports will connect the two vertical supports.
As the truss will be unloaded (no roof rafters) when it is landed, it is built with an arc whch has a 450mm vertical offset at the centre.
This obviously shortens the distance betwen the two vertical supports. The cables are used to pull the two supports closer together to compensate this.
As the rafters are landed the cables are stretched / relaxed so that in the final position the supports are vertical and the truss is level.
Other little gems are the 'hook' to lift the truss weighs 20t in isolation!!

Offline REDcrazy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #1488 on: July 14, 2015, 12:15:48 pm »
As the truss will be unloaded (no roof rafters) when it is landed, it is built with an arc whch has a 450mm vertical offset at the centre.
This obviously shortens the distance betwen the two vertical supports. The cables are used to pull the two supports closer together to compensate this.
As the rafters are landed the cables are stretched / relaxed so that in the final position the supports are vertical and the truss is level.

Is it just me or are the two posts different in form?

This is the post at the Kop End side:

While this is the one in the Anny Rd side:

The "table" or "landing" atop where the roff truss will rest looks smaller when compared to the one at the Kop side. Or is it just the angle of the shots?
Also, the inner steel tubes seem to flare as it nears the ground. I don't see the Kop End side post/tower flaring.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1489 on: July 14, 2015, 12:18:27 pm »
Possibly a slight design difference to allow for the new Anny Rd end.

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #1490 on: July 14, 2015, 01:43:36 pm »
The truss is symetrical, there is no difference in the top fixing arrangements.
The only difference in the vertical supports is at the base where allowances have been made for vehicular access on the Anny Rd end.

Offline mjk

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1491 on: July 14, 2015, 05:01:42 pm »
from reddit

« Last Edit: July 14, 2015, 05:10:34 pm by mjk »

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1492 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:04 am »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline Easy

• Sunday Mornin Tiger
  • Kopite
« Reply #1493 on: July 15, 2015, 09:12:19 am »
Wow! Size of that truss!

Said much the same when I saw a D cup bra for the first time.

Offline Kongegaard

• Predicted 1-3 win. Actually a 0-5 win. SHITE PROGNOSTICATOR!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1494 on: July 15, 2015, 02:59:00 pm »
Hey there, just to be sure. This new Main Stand gives us 8,500 extra seats,.

Is this just the first step? If nots - What if we at some point need more seats? Are there some plan for that =) ?

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1495 on: July 15, 2015, 03:01:41 pm »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Big-Cisse

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1496 on: July 15, 2015, 06:52:36 pm »
1 think you call that a shed

Shed of the year?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1497 on: July 15, 2015, 06:53:45 pm »
Hey there, just to be sure. This new Main Stand gives us 8,500 extra seats,.

Is this just the first step? If nots - What if we at some point need more seats? Are there some plan for that =) ?

Anny Road is next, we have outline planning already for it, and will take the capacity to nearly 59k.

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline BOBSCOUSE

• Awestruck admirer of the families, YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1499 on: July 15, 2015, 08:37:26 pm »
Shed of the year?

Of course, it's the people's shed!
JFT96
Here comes retribution motherfuckers!

Offline Kongegaard

• Predicted 1-3 win. Actually a 0-5 win. SHITE PROGNOSTICATOR!
  • Main Stander
« Reply #1500 on: July 15, 2015, 08:41:45 pm »
Anny Road is next, we have outline planning already for it, and will take the capacity to nearly 59k.

Thank you mate. Thats sounds real great. When will that project start?  And do you got a link for the hole plan?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1501 on: July 15, 2015, 08:44:48 pm »
Thank you mate. Thats sounds real great. When will that project start?  And do you got a link for the hole plan?

If the demand is there, then it will start once the Main Stand is finished, or sometime soon after. It's really dependent on the demand being there for tickets at a price which covers the cost of building it and not leaving the club having to take funds away from elsewhere to pay for it.

There are no proper images for the new Anny like the Main Stand (the fancy 3D renders) but are some details in this thread if you flick back through the pages.

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #1502 on: July 15, 2015, 09:31:18 pm »
when is the big lift? Ta

Offline Milo the Monkey

• Main Stander
« Reply #1503 on: July 15, 2015, 10:02:01 pm »
when is the big lift? Ta
Update here is that the roof lift is being put back to Thursday 23rd Now
This
S.O.S. No. 1661

Offline Rome-77

• Head case, more like! Wtf is wrong with me?
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1504 on: July 15, 2015, 10:44:01 pm »
should be a webcam set up for this

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #1505 on: July 16, 2015, 05:31:43 am »
If the demand is there, then it will start once the Main Stand is finished, or sometime soon after. It's really dependent on the demand being there for tickets at a price which covers the cost of building it and not leaving the club having to take funds away from elsewhere to pay for it.

There are no proper images for the new Anny like the Main Stand (the fancy 3D renders) but are some details in this thread if you flick back through the pages.

Hasn't there been speculation that the Anfield Road redevelopment is unlikely to go ahead? Nothing's been confirmed - but it's rumoured the owners don't think the extra revenue is enough to justify the expense. Could be nonsense - but there you go...

Offline LOHAG

• Main Stander
« Reply #1506 on: July 16, 2015, 08:25:26 am »
when is the big lift? Ta
Pencilled in for the 23rd, but will be weather dependant.
Operation is planned from 6am to 6pm.

Offline Jonny-B

• Kopite
« Reply #1507 on: July 16, 2015, 09:04:56 am »
Hasn't there been speculation that the Anfield Road redevelopment is unlikely to go ahead? Nothing's been confirmed - but it's rumoured the owners don't think the extra revenue is enough to justify the expense. Could be nonsense - but there you go...

That's what someone on ynwa is saying but he's the only source.

Theyll do it if they can make the sums work basically.

Offline mbohan

• Kemlynite
  • Mellor, lovely cushioned header, for Gerrrrrrrrard
« Reply #1508 on: July 16, 2015, 10:51:08 am »
Seems to be the general consensus that the Anfield Road redevelopment will not happen. Obviously after years of broken promises I understand the scepticism but I personally can't see how it doesn't make financial sense.

Current Premier League adult ticket prices for Anfield Road end:

Cat A - £52
Cat B - £47
Cat C - £43

Average Anfield Road ticket price = £47

Add 5000 seats over 19 league games = £4.5million a season (just on league games) = Additional revenue per game £236,667

But it's unlikely they would redevelop on a general admission only basis. So lets assume they will add some kind of middle tier hospitality offering for, say 1,500 seats. The hospitality in the new Main Stand is priced at £5k a ticket but probably worth less with a behind the goal view. Lets be conservative and say the tickets are worth £3k per season in this stand.

So 5,000 seats = 1,500 hospitality and 3,500 GA.

H: 3,500 seats X £47 X 19 games= £3.15m
GA: 1,500 seats X £3,000 = £4.5m
TOTAL = £7.65m per season (not including cup/european games).

But what does it cost to build a new Anfield Road stand? We can base this on the main stand costs to get a finger in the air estimate...

"Liverpool are spending £75m on the construction of the main stand but the overall cost, including the acquisition of land, will be around £114m, an additional £39m. The interest-free loan provided from FSG’s cash reserves is scheduled to be repaid over the relatively short timeframe of five to five-and-a-half years."

Lets assume Anfield Road will cost £75m (same as the main stand) - Based on revenues of £7.65m a season this is a 10 year repayment which is a great return on investment. Just ask anyone with a mortgage which is normally repaid over 25 - 30 years.

The reality is that the cost is likely to be much lower than the main stand, and the way ticket prices are going you can assume these will continue to rise, which means the stand would pay for itself even quicker.

Put the whole thing into the macro view of things and the club simply have to redevelop if they are to remain competitive with match day revenues of our rivals.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1509 on: July 16, 2015, 11:00:58 am »
Seems to be the general consensus that the Anfield Road redevelopment will not happen.

I wouldn't say it's the general consensus. Most think it'll happen as long as the demand is there for tickets at the prices to cover the cost.

Also, it's all general admission, no corps.

Offline mbohan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1510 on: July 16, 2015, 11:24:03 am »
Also, it's all general admission, no corps.

I just can't see that being the case. See quote below from Ian Ayre:

“I don’t think there’s a football club in the country who could afford to spend money on a new stand without the assistance of corporate hospitality. It pays,” said Ayre. “It will probably pay two thirds or more of the payback of this facility and that is a fact of life. You can’t find economic solutions that work in big new stadiums that don’t have corporate.

There is already offsite hospitality corporate seats in both Annie upper and lower so it's a proven model that they can charge premium prices for behind the goal seats.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1511 on: July 16, 2015, 12:28:09 pm »

“I don’t think there’s a football club in the country who could afford to spend money on a new stand without the assistance of corporate hospitality. It pays,” said Ayre. “It will probably pay two thirds or more of the payback of this facility and that is a fact of life. You can’t find economic solutions that work in big new stadiums that don’t have corporate.

There is already offsite hospitality corporate seats in both Annie upper and lower so it's a proven model that they can charge premium prices for behind the goal seats.

There is plenty about saying it's going to be all general admission. They may well keep the corps which are already in there, but the additional seating isn't going to be. Or at least wasn't initially planned to be.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1512 on: July 16, 2015, 12:29:30 pm »
My Dad went to get my Nephew the new away shirt for his birthday and snapped these. Gives an idea of the size from the end of the truss compared to the current height of the actual stand steelwork.

Offline mbohan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #1513 on: July 16, 2015, 12:48:35 pm »
There is plenty about saying it's going to be all general admission. They may well keep the corps which are already in there, but the additional seating isn't going to be. Or at least wasn't initially planned to be.

I think you're absolutely right from what I've read too. Looks like its been suggested they would do Anfield road as GA only.

But what the club have said on this (which is very little) and what the end up doing are two very different things. Even from my rough estimates it's nearly impossible to see them add 5000 seats for a net of circa £4.5million a season, when then could do 1,500 hospitality and 3,500 GA at circa £7.65m a season.

Will be interesting to see how this plays out, particularly if the main stand hospitality sells well.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1514 on: July 16, 2015, 01:07:32 pm »

The Anfield Road is all general admission. Its a far simpler design and there are no lounges or corporate facilities, just general concourse. That quote is out of context.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #1515 on: July 16, 2015, 01:33:21 pm »
I think you're absolutely right from what I've read too. Looks like its been suggested they would do Anfield road as GA only.

But what the club have said on this (which is very little)...

Apart from all the planning drawings and the Planning Statement which says:

3.4 (iii) Outline planning permission for expansion of the Anfield Road Stand to provide an additional c4,800 seats for general admission (GA)...

The Economic Impact Assessment document says:

2.5 Further expansion of the Anfield Road Stand (Phase 2) would result in the total capacity of the [ARS] increasing by around 4,800 seat (+50%). While Phase 2 proposals are at an early stage it is proposed that these seats will all be for General Admission.

and:

5.2 .... Increase in capacity - the increased capacity of 4,800 seats will be for general admission fans. There will be no premium seats in this expanded stand. As such, the same geographic origin applied in the Main Stand assessment has also been applied to these fans, as have the average fan off-site expenditure benchmarks...

I understand that people don't bother reading planning documents and the like but the club and the design team have been explicit in stating that the Anfield Road would be all GA and the economic assessment of it was based on no premium seats.

So while it's entirely possible that things have changed or that the club was pulling the wool over our eyes from the start, the idea that they've only recently decided that it wasn't viable seems a bit odd when so much work was done on the feasibility of the two phase design long before the planning application went in.

Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TheMightyReds

• Full of B.U.L.L.S.H.I.T ;)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1516 on: July 16, 2015, 04:41:39 pm »
Quite impressed by the progress.

Very good, but you'd expect that from someone like Carillion.

Spurs new stadium design does look quite nice, and they have good commercial deal it seems in place.

Offline Smudgester

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1517 on: July 16, 2015, 06:26:22 pm »
So that truss ... is it being lifted straight up and then put on top of the two towers ( if so why does it need to be so tall ) ? Or is it being laid 'flat' so that the top it (now)/then becomes the front of the roof ?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1518 on: July 16, 2015, 06:30:15 pm »
So that truss ... is it being lifted straight up and then put on top of the two towers ( if so why does it need to be so tall ) ? Or is it being laid 'flat' so that the top it (now)/then becomes the front of the roof ?

Stood on top.

Presumably it's that tall for strength given it's long length.

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #1519 on: July 16, 2015, 08:04:03 pm »
Pencilled in for the 23rd, but will be weather dependant.
Operation is planned from 6am to 6pm.
thanks
« Last Edit: July 17, 2015, 06:33:20 am by Alan_X »