Author Topic: Louis Van Gaal was the Manager of Mourinho United  (Read 3913272 times)

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
Re: Louis Van Gaal is the current Manager of Manchester United
« Reply #480 on: May 21, 2014, 04:44:39 pm »
Van Gaal will no doubt improve United.  But I think we will find out just how deep United's issues are.

Sacking Moyes maybe seen as a panacea by United.  But it will be interesting to see how another manager, especially one with experience copes in the same structure.

Offline DAYDAY

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • We are the barmy Anny Rd army...na na nana nana
« Reply #481 on: May 21, 2014, 05:11:14 pm »
According to Sky they are signing, Hummels, Strootman, Cavani, Robben, Reus, Kroos, Muller and Fabregas.

Sky Sport the Good old Man Utd best Friend

Edinson Cavani has told Liverpool to let Luis Suarez leave so he can realise his full potential at a Champions League club.

Suarez is eager to seal a move away from the Anfield club with Arsenal leading the chase.

However, Arsenal have had two bids of £35m and £40m rejected as Liverpool desperately try to cling on to their star striker.

Brendan Rodgers claimed that neither offer came close to matching his evaluation for the striker - he and the club reportedly want over £50m.

Their reluctance to sell has prompted Suarez's international team mate Cavani to speak up on behalf of the controversial star.

Cavani, who recently moved to PSG in a record-breaking £55m deal, told reporters that Suarez is unsure Liverpool have signed the right players to break in to the top four.

He said: "We have been speaking a lot and, while I can’t tell you everything, I can tell you that he is desperate to start playing Champions League football.

"Liverpool already know that, though, because he has told them."

He then told Liverpool that they should understand why Suarez wants to leave and should let him move on.

"I think if he thought Liverpool would qualify for Champions League football next season he would stay," he said. "But with the other top teams in England adding players, he doesn’t think Liverpool have the resources to break into the Champions League spots.

"I have said before one of the most complete strikers in the world needs to be playing at the top level and I hope Liverpool understand that.

"He doesn’t want to leave on bad terms because he respects the club and fans, but he needs to achieve his dreams in the game."

Arsenal will be hoping Liverpool listen to the Uruguayan star as they prepare their third bid for Suarez, believed to be around £42.5m.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #482 on: May 21, 2014, 05:59:01 pm »
Sky Sport the Good old Man Utd best Friend

Edinson Cavani has told Liverpool to let Luis Suarez leave so he can realise his full potential at a Champions League club.

Suarez is eager to seal a move away from the Anfield club with Arsenal leading the chase.

However, Arsenal have had two bids of £35m and £40m rejected as Liverpool desperately try to cling on to their star striker.

Brendan Rodgers claimed that neither offer came close to matching his evaluation for the striker - he and the club reportedly want over £50m.

Their reluctance to sell has prompted Suarez's international team mate Cavani to speak up on behalf of the controversial star.

Cavani, who recently moved to PSG in a record-breaking £55m deal, told reporters that Suarez is unsure Liverpool have signed the right players to break in to the top four.

He said: "We have been speaking a lot and, while I can’t tell you everything, I can tell you that he is desperate to start playing Champions League football.

"Liverpool already know that, though, because he has told them."

He then told Liverpool that they should understand why Suarez wants to leave and should let him move on.

"I think if he thought Liverpool would qualify for Champions League football next season he would stay," he said. "But with the other top teams in England adding players, he doesn’t think Liverpool have the resources to break into the Champions League spots.

"I have said before one of the most complete strikers in the world needs to be playing at the top level and I hope Liverpool understand that.

"He doesn’t want to leave on bad terms because he respects the club and fans, but he needs to achieve his dreams in the game."

Arsenal will be hoping Liverpool listen to the Uruguayan star as they prepare their third bid for Suarez, believed to be around £42.5m.

Think you need to catch up lad
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #483 on: May 21, 2014, 06:20:21 pm »
Sick of the Sky sports Van Gaal love in already and how he is going to dominate the world with all these new players coming in etc etc etc.

No doubt he is a world class manager but enough already!!!
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Umbarto

• of the Red Dojo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: May 21, 2014, 06:37:06 pm »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #485 on: May 21, 2014, 06:37:59 pm »
Roy Hodgson claims he could organise a pub team to stop Man Utd in six months

‘You can organise a pub team not to let in six goals against Manchester United,’ he said. ‘Give me six months and I’d organise them, if they had a half-decent goalkeeper and a couple of centre halves who can get in the way of the ball.’

World Soccer magazine

Good on ye Roy lad.

Weeeeeeee all hate mancs and mancs and mancs......................
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #486 on: May 21, 2014, 06:38:42 pm »
So, now they have the madman in charge everything is going to be great. It was Moyes who fucked them up, that was their only problem last season, Moyes, get rid of Moyes get someone proven in and it will all be fine, players will be signed, titles will be won and everyone will live happily ever after ahhhh.

But wait, what if it wasn't just Moyes? What if it was actually a whole lot of other stuff? I mean Moyes staggering ineptitude wont have helped (lets overlook the fact he was like that when they found him and they still got him in) but their problems werent an aging squad that needs a rebuild, it was Moyes. Not a squad littered with players who are not good enough and or past it, it was Moyes. It wasn't the fact that they lost the stability of their manager and ceo, it was Moyes.

So the formula is simple, replace Moyes and everything will be fine. They are after all Manchester United, unlike Liverpool, who were Liverpool, Leeds, who were Leeds and Forest, who were Forest.

They will be back on top in noooo time at all.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #487 on: May 21, 2014, 06:56:02 pm »
They need an entire back four and an entire midfield..

How did they get in that situation?  Laughably bad management.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: May 21, 2014, 07:18:32 pm »
Yeah, there's a lot of work that needs doing.

Their fans are going to realise eventually (like ours have done) that simply being called 'Manchester United' does not automatically entitle you to win football matches and be successful.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2014, 07:20:55 pm by OneTouchFooty »

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #489 on: May 21, 2014, 07:30:45 pm »
They need an entire back four and an entire midfield..

How did they get in that situation?  Laughably bad management.
Someone took their eye off the ball

.......and fell asleep
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #490 on: May 21, 2014, 07:36:21 pm »
Someone took their eye off the ball

.......and fell asleep
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #491 on: May 21, 2014, 07:38:57 pm »

I agree, they should have got Ozil.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline cornelius

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Beware the beast man, for he is the Devil's pawn"
« Reply #492 on: May 21, 2014, 08:01:04 pm »
Sick of the Sky sports Van Gaal love in already and how he is going to dominate the world with all these new players coming in etc etc etc.
Sure it's irritating now but it will be all the more priceless when it all goes belly up again and Sky lose even more football to BT Sport.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #493 on: May 21, 2014, 08:02:40 pm »
Im amazed anyone's even watched Sky Sports News since the season has ended.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #494 on: May 21, 2014, 08:35:02 pm »
Didn't watch it when the season was on, its why I'm smarter than everyone else.

Offline DAYDAY

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #495 on: May 21, 2014, 08:35:19 pm »

Catch up on what exactly

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #496 on: May 21, 2014, 08:42:40 pm »
Catch up on what exactly
Medication?

Offline Alan B'Stard

• Wistfully recalling maternal tongue.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Never rub another mans rhubarb!
« Reply #497 on: May 21, 2014, 08:51:48 pm »
What else are we gonna do? Go out and enjoy the weather?! I'm waiting for August!!!

God I need a holiday....
“If you don't stand for something you will fall for anything”

🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆
77 78  81 84 05 19

Offline Illmatic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #498 on: May 21, 2014, 09:46:01 pm »
The Moyes thread was just a classic one that will live long in the memory can this one match it I doubt it somehow.
Nas is like the Afrocentric Asian, half-man, half-amazin

Online gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: May 21, 2014, 09:54:11 pm »

Think he was taking the piss out of the fact Sky sports going on about Cavani telling them how suarez and all top strikers need champions league football then same sky sports is linking Cavani with a team that doesn't have it

Offline Cochise

• Not the man he used to be and is looking for a fresh start. Still cannot escape the fact that he's had an X-Factor Winner. Twice.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • DON'T BUY THE S*N
« Reply #500 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:07 pm »
I just want to see who he spends the £200m on.

I find it funny that people (not many on here) think they actually have all that money to spend.
JFT96 - YNWA

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #501 on: May 21, 2014, 09:58:44 pm »
The Moyes thread was just a classic one that will live long in the memory can this one match it I doubt it somehow.

You're a ray of sunshine.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Mouth

• Legacy Fan
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #502 on: May 21, 2014, 10:05:59 pm »
All that matters is that I had the last post on it ner ner ner

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan

Offline DAYDAY

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #504 on: May 21, 2014, 10:23:01 pm »
Think he was taking the piss out of the fact Sky sports going on about Cavani telling them how suarez and all top strikers need champions league football then same sky sports is linking Cavani with a team that doesn't have it

It was indeed Tounge in Cheek sarcasm :>)

Thank you

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: May 21, 2014, 11:55:35 pm »
More backpages tomorrow saying Kroos done deal is this just talk over-here or from Germany? Didnt expect them to get players like this not in Champions League.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: May 22, 2014, 12:23:59 am »
Deal pretty much done apparently for £20m. Ffs this lot are going to waltz back into the top four

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #507 on: May 22, 2014, 12:29:17 am »
Deal pretty much done apparently for £20m. Ffs this lot are going to waltz back into the top four

Of course. Because going from 7th to 4th is just a waltz, as we found out in the past 4 years.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #508 on: May 22, 2014, 12:29:34 am »
I think they'll be very good. Thankfully them being very good has practically zero affect on our ability to be very good - and we are very good - so *shrugs*

Shame Van Gaal's gone there, like. One of my favourite managers.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: May 22, 2014, 12:31:43 am »
Of course. Because going from 7th to 4th is just a waltz, as we found out in the past 4 years.

We weren't bringing in world class managers and players

It only took Rodgers two seasons to do it on a budget

Offline mart356

• Lucas Leiva, midfield saviour. Dejan Lover
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #510 on: May 22, 2014, 12:35:57 am »
Kroos is a very good signing for them, dont want to imagine what wages hes on though.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #511 on: May 22, 2014, 12:44:42 am »
We weren't bringing in world class managers and players

It only took Rodgers two seasons to do it on a budget

van Gaal is a wonderful manager, I don't dispute that for a second. I would say though that him coming over to this country at his age (I know he's experienced and everything) and with his penchant for falling out with everyone and their shadow makes me think it isn't going to be a totally smooth ride.

And for the players they will sign? Yeah, they'll probably sign a few good ones. But look at Spurs last season. They spent a shit load of money and they were laughably bad at times. Again, comparing val Gaal to AVB is silly but it doesn't always work out. AVB knew this league a lot better than van Gaal does and trying to shoehorn 7 players into a side is not easy. Everyone peddled the 'stability' card under Moyes and that didn't work. The word stable isn't exactly synonymous with van Gaal. So what then? It's a short-sighted appointment that could well be assisted with short-sighted signings. That combination could be disastrous.

Look, he could do wonderfully well and breeze into the top four and maybe challenge. But I think a hell of a lot of things have to go right for that to happen. In football, however, things don't often go to plan.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2014, 12:46:21 am by Fiasco »

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #512 on: May 22, 2014, 01:16:38 am »
they're getting giddy with excitement. The league is theirs to lose. They've already started hiring airplanes for fly-pasts. The Dutch One. They've started writing songs for next season too, about Liverpool, to continue the ancient traditions.
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: May 22, 2014, 01:18:34 am »

I'm not saying you will be crap, or not strengthen, far from it. I just think you had your best chance last season when all your rivals had problems and at the moment you are a couple of seasons off having the squad Rodgers is building to challenge on all fronts.

^^^ that's it we're nailed on for the quadruple lads Cantona has spoken he's got form
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: May 22, 2014, 01:42:54 am »

What are his wages? £20m seems a fairly low fee, for a player of his quality.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline HighSix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: May 22, 2014, 01:49:23 am »
What are his wages? £20m seems a fairly low fee, for a player of his quality.

His contract is up nxt summer so Bayern need him to sign on or sell.

Offline MagicB8all

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh
« Reply #516 on: May 22, 2014, 02:07:58 am »
money buys you the opportunities often denied those who plan and work hard
Goodbye & thank you Rafa. You've given us more than we ever had a right to expect from you and you stayed loyal and fought for us even when some of our own turned on you. I truly hope that you find somewhere with the support that you deserve & win everything in sight.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: May 22, 2014, 02:10:44 am »
The aren't going to 'waltz' back into the top four. If they get back into the top four it'll be at the expense of a team of real quality that they'll have to usurp and it'll be a fight all long season. Every team ahead of them is going to be strengthening and every team in the top four will have a settled and continual management whilst they'll be a club with a new leader and a team in heavy transition.

Offline Abrak

• Pulling his Peter Principle
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: May 22, 2014, 02:24:48 am »
I just want to see who he spends the £200m on.

I find it funny that people (not many on here) think they actually have all that money to spend.

Well I am one of those people. Man Utd generate more operating cashflow than all the other clubs in the PL put together.

I think it is sad that you cant read a set of accounts.

Offline rickardinho1

• Legacy Fan
  • The Earth is Flat
« Reply #519 on: May 22, 2014, 02:25:07 am »
van Gaal is a wonderful manager, I don't dispute that for a second. I would say though that him coming over to this country at his age (I know he's experienced and everything) and with his penchant for falling out with everyone and their shadow makes me think it isn't going to be a totally smooth ride.

And for the players they will sign? Yeah, they'll probably sign a few good ones. But look at Spurs last season. They spent a shit load of money and they were laughably bad at times. Again, comparing val Gaal to AVB is silly but it doesn't always work out. AVB knew this league a lot better than van Gaal does and trying to shoehorn 7 players into a side is not easy. Everyone peddled the 'stability' card under Moyes and that didn't work. The word stable isn't exactly synonymous with van Gaal. So what then? It's a short-sighted appointment that could well be assisted with short-sighted signings. That combination could be disastrous.

Look, he could do wonderfully well and breeze into the top four and maybe challenge. But I think a hell of a lot of things have to go right for that to happen. In football, however, things don't often go to plan.
While I agree that spending loads of money on players is risky business, I don't think the Spurs comparison is apt in this case for two reasons:
1. Spurs had a second-tier manager in AVB as their manager, and their DoF Baldini and Chairman Levy did absolutely nothing to accommodate their manager's player demands. Van Gaal may be an absolute nutter, but be does have a pretty strong track-record of getting a good foundation in place for the long-term, even if he does eventually fall out with everyone and their grandma's.
2. Spurs signed unproven flavour-of-the-month signings who in many cases won't increase in value (eg. Soldado) and some who many had never heard of until last summer - eg. "stars" such as Capoue, Chadli, Chiriches, Eriksen, and even Lamela unless you follow Italian football. Judging by the links and rumours so far it sounds like United are going after players like Kroos, Strootman, Hummels, etc, who are properly established stars in Europe and with their national teams already, thus massively undercutting any potential risk-factor of making those signings, even if they will be expensive.

They might strengthen massively this summer with some top buys, but no matter how good the players are teams take time to gel and there are already 4 other teams who are miles ahead of them in that sense who will be strengthening on already solid foundations. I don't think they'll be as bad as Spurs but I think they'll find it difficult to break the top 4 since this season the bar was set at 79 points for CL football, and I think it might be even higher next season with so many top teams. That said, next seasons TV money should help bottom half sides attract better players from abroad too to make the league even more competitive. Don't think there's ever been a better time to be on the inside of top 4 looking out that right now :)