Author Topic: Far Cry 4 - Release Date: November 21st  (Read 9730 times)

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
Far Cry 4 - Release Date: November 21st
« on: May 15, 2014, 05:27:30 pm »
Far Cry 4 set for November release

Ubisoft CEO confirms new shooter for next and last-gen consoles

Far Cry 4 will release on November 21 on PS4, Xbox One, Xbox 360, PS3 and PC, Ubisoft has confirmed.

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot confirmed the game's existence in a financial statement released to investors, during which he also listed the company's biggest games for this year.

"The year's performance will be led by five games - Assassin's Creed Unity, Far Cry 4, Just Dance, The Crew and Watch Dogs," Guillemot said. "Watch Dogs' pre-orders are at record levels and it is perfectly positioned to become the industry's most successful new IP in history."

Ubisoft's blog provided further information on Far Cry 4, which is being developed by Ubisoft Montreal in collaboration with Red Storm Entertainment, Ubisoft Toronto, Ubisoft Shanghai and Ubisoft Kiev, and "takes a sharp turn away from the lush island jungles of the top-rated Far Cry 3".

"Far Cry 4 is set in Kyrat, an untamed region currently ruled by a despotic self-appointed king," reads the site, "but don't be lulled into a false sense of security by the achingly beautiful views; Kyrat is a wild land full of perils.

"Once again, players will be able to craft their own stories as they travel through this exotic open world teeming with wildlife - using their wits along with an assortment of powerful weapons and diverse vehicles."

"Following the success of Far Cry 3, we wanted to take the franchise to the next level and create a game that will surprise players and exceed fans' expectations," said Dan Hay, Executive Producer.

"Given the unique setting, we feel Far Cry 4 will stand out as a top first-person shooter and we're eager to reveal more about the game in the coming months."

Far Cry 3 launched in November 2012 and sold six million copies in the financial year ended March 2013, making it "another major" Ubisoft franchise, according to the publisher's CEO Guillemot.

It is expected that Far Cry 4 will be shown at E3 in June.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 01:29:12 pm by Broad Spectrum »

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Far Cry 4 - Release Date: November 21st
« Reply #1 on: May 15, 2014, 06:04:53 pm »
For some reason, it feels way to soon to release FC4 IMO.

Offline Zizou

• zo zon't ze zo
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cool as
« Reply #2 on: May 15, 2014, 07:20:46 pm »
Shame it's last gen as well, tends to hold the games back somewhat. Sounds like it'll be pretty similar to FC3 just in another locale.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #3 on: May 15, 2014, 07:27:35 pm »
For some reason, it feels way to soon to release FC4 IMO.

2 years is probably about right for a game sequel these days. Also, they probably wanted to make one last game for last gen whilst most people are still on them.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Po The Panda

• Keyboard Narcoleptic. Has Christiano Ronaldo as his profile picture. Stuck with this name. You could call it his legacy.....wants to pop a caps lock in yo ass.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Real Username: LEGACY
« Reply #4 on: May 15, 2014, 08:12:34 pm »
Tough task to top Far Cry 3 one of the best games period.

Offline RobinHood

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2014, 09:36:06 pm »
Absolutely loved Far Cry 3, was easily one of my favourite games of last gen. Creative and fun with some brilliant missions. Ending was shit though.

Looking forward to what they can come up with.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2014, 10:00:55 pm »
Loved 3 and I'm really excited for this. I actually think they're going to add a tinge of the daftness of Blood Dragon to it. Just make it off the wall fun in a great surrounding.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 12:54:51 am »
2 years is probably about right for a game sequel these days. Also, they probably wanted to make one last game for last gen whilst most people are still on them.

Far Cry 3 is still very pretty so it makes sense to release a new game on the same engine and save a few years of dev time, although I'm sure they'll make some improvements along the way. To be honest with the success of the last one I'm surprised they didn't release a couple of DLC's or even a full game that expands the same story like Assassins Creed. I would've played anything they released straight away.

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2014, 01:40:22 am »
Far Cry 3 is still very pretty so it makes sense to release a new game on the same engine and save a few years of dev time, although I'm sure they'll make some improvements along the way. To be honest with the success of the last one I'm surprised they didn't release a couple of DLC's or even a full game that expands the same story like Assassins Creed. I would've played anything they released straight away.

Did you play Blood Dragon? Because you need to play Blood Dragon.

Offline Ultimate Bromance

• The Crab
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2014, 05:47:36 am »
I think I read somewhere you can ride an elephant so you know, I'm in.
Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can't Lose.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2014, 06:25:24 am »
Far Cry 3 was good and bad in equal measure. Great environments and visuals, some good missions. Absolutely piss poor characters, except vaas who isn't in the game nearly enough. Jason was a bitch, his friends were bitches, his black friend was a bitch and that tribe woman was a weird bitch.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2014, 12:00:12 pm »
Loved FC3 so very excited for this! Blood Dragon was just nuts.
XBL: Flash6289

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2014, 12:45:40 pm »
Far Cry 3 was good and bad in equal measure. Great environments and visuals, some good missions. Absolutely piss poor characters, except vaas who isn't in the game nearly enough. Jason was a bitch, his friends were bitches, his black friend was a bitch and that tribe woman was a weird bitch.

Think that's quite harsh saying it was good and bad in equal measure. Definitely agree with your points about the characters (with the exception of Vaas), but other than that the game was absolutely superb. The progression, the levelling up, the general game-play,  the environment etc. were all fantastic. Even the cliché story wasn't to bad in itself.

Either way I'm sure they'll nail this one and it'll be as good as FC3, if not better.

Online Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2014, 01:02:22 pm »
Did you play Blood Dragon? Because you need to play Blood Dragon.

I played Blood Dragon the second it came out, one of the best expansions ever.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2014, 01:05:14 pm »
These developer diary videos Ubisoft did in collaboration with Vice are well worth a watch:

http://blog.ubi.com/far-cry-4-vice-developer-diary-quest-for-everest/

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2014, 04:25:10 pm »
It looks like DLC for Far Cry 3. I'm ok with formulaic sequels with Assassins Creed but with a first person shooter it just feels incredibly repetitive.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2014, 10:43:00 am »

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #17 on: November 5, 2014, 01:48:42 pm »
So when's this actually out in the UK? 18th, 20th, 21st? Different sites say different dates.

Any decent prices for pre-order?

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: November 5, 2014, 03:56:58 pm »
Thought Blood Dragon was abysmal myself, but I loved 3 and I'm really looking forward to 4.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #19 on: November 5, 2014, 05:11:30 pm »
i thought the frame rate was really noticeable on far cry 3, hopefully its not the case on this.

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #20 on: November 9, 2014, 05:26:54 pm »
Preordered on Amazon Prime so hopefully it'll be here on the 18th if not before! I know a fair few got GTA V a day early with Amazon...

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: November 9, 2014, 05:50:00 pm »
If I've never played Far Cry before will I be able to get straight into it??? Is it a FPS style game with missions and things like that?

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #22 on: November 9, 2014, 07:42:05 pm »
If I've never played Far Cry before will I be able to get straight into it??? Is it a FPS style game with missions and things like that?

Yes to both. This might be the fourth installment of the series, but none of the games are connected...

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: November 12, 2014, 12:13:15 pm »
So when's this actually out in the UK? 18th, 20th, 21st? Different sites say different dates.

Any decent prices for pre-order?

Still confused. Always read Nov 21st for the UK. Now Amazon UK are saying they're releasing it on the 18th.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and order via Amazon. Never preorder games online in fear I won't get it on release day but might gamble on this one as they're saying the 18th  :)

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #24 on: November 12, 2014, 01:19:05 pm »
Still confused. Always read Nov 21st for the UK. Now Amazon UK are saying they're releasing it on the 18th.

Think I'm going to bite the bullet and order via Amazon. Never preorder games online in fear I won't get it on release day but might gamble on this one as they're saying the 18th  :)
Pretty sure it is the 18th as a lot of sites are updating now to say then. My Amazon order says the 18th too.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #25 on: November 12, 2014, 01:21:47 pm »
It's available whenever it pops up on Kickass :P

There are very few games I buy on release nowadays, too many are terrible to go throwing money about. The Farcary series has been one of the few that have been pretty good though
« Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:28:04 pm by shadowbane »

Offline Jamie LFC

• Main Stander
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2014, 03:51:20 pm »

My Amazon says that I'll get it on the 18th and I've seen a few FC4 posters around where I live that say it releases on the 18th too. Really looking forward to this!

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: November 15, 2014, 01:02:31 am »
Got it pre-ordered on the xbox one but crack just released for pc version. Giving it a go before bed :D

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: November 15, 2014, 01:25:40 am »

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #29 on: November 17, 2014, 01:51:12 pm »
Anyone received it today? Watched some streams and it looks gorgeous.

Offline RedRedTom

• Knows how to get you there. Finding his thrills on Denmark Hill
  • Legacy Fan
  • Luis Garcia, he drinks sangria
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2014, 03:32:46 pm »
It *looks* amazing.  Will wait for the reviews to find out if it actually is.
Luis Garcia... tries his luck........

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2014, 04:18:25 pm »
It *looks* amazing.  Will wait for the reviews to find out if it actually is.

It's got very solid reviews.

Far Cry 4 review round-up: Ubisoft's sequel earns mountains of praise.

CVG: 9/10 - "The strength of the world and its systems alone makes this one of the year's best games and one whose enormous potential for experimentation means you'll playing it well into 2015. By taking things to the Himalayas, Ubisoft Montreal has managed to skilfully weave an attractive partnership of awe-inspiring landscape and exhilarating, surprising action."

VideoGamer: 8/10 - "Far Cry 4 is a superb Skinner box, staving off monotony with constant upgrades, and it's so expertly crafted to appeal to baser instincts, so rewarding of you embracing them, that there's a strong chance you'll miss the broader point that all of what you're doing is utterly despotic."

The Guardian: 5/5 - "Far Cry 4 truly shines in the almost bacchanalian sense of freedom it bestows on the player as they traverse through its environment. In Kyrat you have the ability to go anywhere and do pretty much anything - much as Pagan Min would advocate. Here, the only pact you need keep is that with your conscience. God help you."

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2014, 06:47:41 pm »
Didn't realise Game were doing a midnight launch (should have guessed with GTA coming out too!!)

Might go down and get this, instead of going after work tomorrow. Got £25 of vouchers left over from my birthday

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2014, 07:32:07 pm »
Niggly little things are bugging me about it. Like instead of pressing E to open loot you have to hold E. The initial guns don't feel as nice to use...silly things like that. Maybe it's because I'm playing FC3 with Ziggy's mod at the same time so just takes some getting used to

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: November 18, 2014, 10:28:49 am »
Just arrived at work. Counting down the hours now  :)

Surprised more on here have gone for GTA V. I'll defo pick it up in the coming weeks but would well rather play this first!

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: November 18, 2014, 11:56:56 am »
traded advanced warfare in for this at grainger for £37, got 3 extra maps

http://www.graingergames.co.uk/games/ps4/pf106-far-cry-4-limited-edition
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Flash6289

• Legacy Fan
  • €6
« Reply #36 on: November 18, 2014, 01:51:34 pm »
Went home at lunch to set it off installing. A full one hour round trip equal to my lunch hour but I'm sure it'll be worth it!  :lickin

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2014, 02:47:57 pm »
Went home at lunch to set it off installing. A full one hour round trip equal to my lunch hour but I'm sure it'll be worth it!  :lickin

Should of done mine whilst you was at it!

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #38 on: November 18, 2014, 04:34:27 pm »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2014, 06:37:56 pm »
http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/thegamecollection/product/12510/?l-id=gb_search_product_thumbnail_4

£33.95 on here using code SPEND40 bargain !

Just used this! Great shout! Anyone else think we should have a thread for game offers and bargains? To help each other find the best price without shopping around as much?