Author Topic: Fenerbahçe take title honours in Turkey // Dirk's First League Title  (Read 4978 times)

Offline C

• ock. Skinny bastard attempting to give himself a brekkie heart attack. Miserable, Unless we win of course.
  • Legacy Fan
I've not seen lots of Stoch, but he does seem to perform in the big games.. remember him scoring the goal of the season two years ago which was a pearler, he scored away to Russia for Slovakia in a 1-0 win and just in general he is very comfortable on the ball with silky technique - maybe his only fault is sometimes keeping hold of the ball too much and not passing when he should, but he is young...

Too good for PAOK anyway
People still underrate Cristiano Ronaldo.

Offline SkyCaptain

• Main Stander
  • FB & LFC Fan
I don't suppose money is a big factor in transfer deals for Zenit, they will have known they would never recoup anywhere near as much as they spent on him.

I've always rated him, cracking shot on him too - not that i'd have him as my set piece taker infront of Ronaldo as he was for Portugal a few seasons ago.. has he scored many this season?

Do you think Miroslav Stoch will return to Fener next season also?

During to season i also hope to see a freekick goal from Bruno, he had some chances but never scored a goal from FK.

Miroslav Stoch is a brillant player, totally agree with you but he has some discipline problems too.

PAOK have a first option to buy him with a fee of 5m euros but i dont think that they can afford this fee.

Offline Earl of Dingleberry

• Legacy Fan

All Fenerbahçe players should have beards like these.

Offline Packalacky

• Legacy Fan
Chuffed for Dirk and Meirelles.

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
Bit delayed, but congrats to Dirk.  Got all the time in the world for the guy, true pro.

Offline Latenight Surfer

• Legacy Fan
  • Giggity
Re: Fenerbahçe take title honours in Turkey // Dirk's First League Title
« Reply #46 on: June 30, 2014, 02:47:21 pm »
http://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2014/jun/30/dirk-kuyt-holland-world-cup-2014-running

He started his 100th international at left-wing-back and moved to right-back. When Holland needed to score, he moved to centre-forward. Towards the end, he was right-back again

Glad to see him get the recognition he deserves on the biggest stage of football.

"Genuine Struggle Leads To Genuine Success" - Yevado Annadle

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Didn't want to start a new thread but some serious joy in Trabzon for their first title in 38 years.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/hLbBF1BI1oU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/hLbBF1BI1oU</a>

“This is my first championship in my football career. I never expected to have it here, but we did,” Marek Hamsik said.

“Giving this happiness to masses of people is such a great feeling.”
« Last Edit: May 4, 2022, 07:48:59 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
That's amazing, what a sight!!
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
A famous result for them.

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
A famous result for them.

Marvellous work  ;D
Believer

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
well deserved too, it was clear even 3 months ago that they will easily be champions. They have been resting players and losing concentration or else point difference was 20+

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
we've been linked with their keeper Turkish international Ugurcan for 2 years now

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan

“This is my first championship in my football career. I never expected to have it here, but we did,” Marek Hamsik said.

“Giving this happiness to masses of people is such a great feeling.”

Maybe this is why Man City players never really seem to enjoy their football. Yeah, they celebrate the goals, and they will enjoy their trophy lifts and sing their songs, but they know they're not really bringing happiness and joy to their supporters.

For the fans it's like comfort eating, or taking a hit of something. They never seem to savour the moment or enjoy their triumphs. It's more, "ok, next!"

Seeing fans celebrate like this though - this is what it really is all about.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art