Author Topic: Sky Go  (Read 7126 times)

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Sky Go
« on: April 5, 2014, 08:39:34 pm »
Any experts here?

My mum said I could use the sky go to watch stuff and I added my device no problem, sky news comes on and plays no problem but when I click any other channel I get this error message "You will need to be a Sky TV customer with the relevant pack to watch this channel" she's got most the channels except for the movie package.

Spoke to Sky and they said I may need to uninstall and reinstall Microsoft Silverlight which I have, tired removing device and adding it again and I've turned everything off and on again but nothing. Would getting the desktop app make a difference? Windows 7 I've got.

Any help much appreciated thanks.

Online Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
Re: Sky Go
« Reply #1 on: April 5, 2014, 09:20:17 pm »
You tried a different browser?

Probably best to try the Desktop App, see if it works on there.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #2 on: April 5, 2014, 09:38:51 pm »
Might be a stupid question but... You're definitely signing in with her Sky ID right?

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 5, 2014, 09:38:57 pm »
Isn't the one paltry monthly change made now anyway ? I might be wrong, but by trying to sort it, you could of inadvertently shut yourself out for a month.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #4 on: April 5, 2014, 09:48:11 pm »
You tried a different browser?

Probably best to try the Desktop App, see if it works on there.

Yeah tried a different browser and no joy. Could try the Desktop App but don't think it'll make much of a difference, surely Sky News wouldn't work if it was a problem with the video?

Might be a stupid question but... You're definitely signing in with her Sky ID right?

That I am, said to her was she sure she didn't need to confirm anything but she said no, sky told her I should just need to reinstall Silverlight.

Isn't the one paltry monthly change made now anyway ? I might be wrong, but by trying to sort it, you could of inadvertently shut yourself out for a month.

Doesn't it warn you before just to be safe?

Don't think I'll get to watch our game on this tomorrow at this rate.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #5 on: April 5, 2014, 09:50:48 pm »
Is there an error code at all that comes up?

Also, has anybody used Sky Go through that account before?
« Last Edit: April 5, 2014, 09:52:20 pm by Elzar »
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline rob1408

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 5, 2014, 09:51:59 pm »
Kind of, but it's very easy to overlook.  One of the boxes where it lists devices slightly changes the wording.  Or it did the last time I made a change.

Have you got any ad blocker switched off on sky go ?

I had a problem with that once.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #7 on: April 5, 2014, 09:54:35 pm »
Another thing to do, is to look on the same log in, and view your bill, and look at the packages you have. To double check that is the correct log in.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #8 on: April 6, 2014, 12:14:14 pm »
Is there an error code at all that comes up?

Also, has anybody used Sky Go through that account before?

Just this mate....
"You will need to be a Sky TV customer with the relevant pack to watch this channel"

Like I said Sky News works fine but when you click on another channel I just get that message.

My mum has her tablet linked on it and my brother used to be on it but he removed his device a while ago.

Kind of, but it's very easy to overlook.  One of the boxes where it lists devices slightly changes the wording.  Or it did the last time I made a change.

Have you got any ad blocker switched off on sky go ?

I had a problem with that once.

No ad blocker as far as I know

Another thing to do, is to look on the same log in, and view your bill, and look at the packages you have. To double check that is the correct log in.

Well the first time I logged in you couldn't see any details, said she didn't have any TV Package but then the second time everything showed up and it still wouldn't work. Will check it all again in a minute and see what happens, would like to watch our game today on it but doesn't look likely.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #9 on: April 6, 2014, 12:30:17 pm »
Looked on the sky forums, but they are absolute shite on there. They just try fob everyone off to Live chat and don't give any answers.

The only thing I can think of is that your somehow logged in to a secondary account by accident.

Can just watch the game on a stream no? :D

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #10 on: April 6, 2014, 12:37:05 pm »
Well same thing happens again but I've gone to look at the bill and it says £0.00 for every month and when I click package I get this message.....

You need a Sky subscription to view this page

If you think you're seeing this message incorrectly, please contact us here.

If you'd like to join Sky, visit Shop.

Well that's odd and I'm guessing that's my problem, my mum was saying I should really download the desktop app but don't see the point just now if it thinks she ain't got a TV package, she was watching it on her tablet then just to double check it works which it did. She's going to phone sky again so will see what they say.

Does it matter if both devices have the same name (her log in name) but ones a tablet and ones a laptop?

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #11 on: April 6, 2014, 12:39:58 pm »
Well same thing happens again but I've gone to look at the bill and it says £0.00 for every month and when I click package I get this message.....

You need a Sky subscription to view this page

If you think you're seeing this message incorrectly, please contact us here.

If you'd like to join Sky, visit Shop.

Well that's odd and I'm guessing that's my problem, my mum was saying I should really download the desktop app but don't see the point just now if it thinks she ain't got a TV package, she was watching it on her tablet then just to double check it works which it did. She's going to phone sky again so will see what they say.

Does it matter if both devices have the same name (her log in name) but ones a tablet and ones a laptop?

Shouldn't matter. That would suggest your not logged in to the right account ???

I remember doing that a while ago, dunno which other account I managed to log in to, but I got the wrong one! Double check the log in, and then just contact sky and tell them they are shit :D

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #12 on: April 6, 2014, 12:46:06 pm »
Shouldn't matter. That would suggest your not logged in to the right account ???

I remember doing that a while ago, dunno which other account I managed to log in to, but I got the wrong one! Double check the log in, and then just contact sky and tell them they are shit :D

That's weird. Unless she has two logs ins but I doubt that! Said to her was she sure she didn't need to link me to something but she said no.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #13 on: April 6, 2014, 01:06:10 pm »
Think I've figured it out providing it can be done. I think my brother has created another username on top of my mums one, so he has his own username and log in details but when they've started Sky Go he was the first with her account, he's the second on her account with a different username and I'm the third device on but as I logged on her name it looks like only one device was on when in fact two are.

So if that's right does that mean if my mum removed her tablet could I then start watching it or do I have to wait a month?

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #14 on: April 6, 2014, 01:11:48 pm »
Think I've figured it out providing it can be done. I think my brother has created another username on top of my mums one, so he has his own username and log in details but when they've started Sky Go he was the first with her account, he's the second on her account with a different username and I'm the third device on but as I logged on her name it looks like only one device was on when in fact two are.

So if that's right does that mean if my mum removed her tablet could I then start watching it or do I have to wait a month?

If you remove either of the two registered then you will be able to use yours. But you won't be able to swap back until next month.

Shite rule this 1 device a month, I had a right rant at them for it when it first came in.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #15 on: April 6, 2014, 01:23:16 pm »
If you remove either of the two registered then you will be able to use yours. But you won't be able to swap back until next month.

Shite rule this 1 device a month, I had a right rant at them for it when it first came in.

So if she got rid of her tablet but he kept his username I should be ok? Only want to watch today's game like. Wish I'd known he had his own username then we would have known two are already on it.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #16 on: April 6, 2014, 01:25:06 pm »
So if she got rid of her tablet but he kept his username I should be ok? Only want to watch today's game like. Wish I'd known he had his own username then we would have known two are already on it.

Not sure :D

If you remove her tablet and you put on your laptop, you will be able to watch the game. But you won't be able to put her tablet on for a month.

I think  :o

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #17 on: April 6, 2014, 01:34:09 pm »
Not sure :D

If you remove her tablet and you put on your laptop, you will be able to watch the game. But you won't be able to put her tablet on for a month.

I think  :o

She spoke to Sky, said her tablet and my laptop are on it but another one was in it and it wasn't my brother. Also Sky said I added and removed my laptop yesterday as I thought that might help but think me removing the device again hasn't helped at all which is rubbish, may have to wait a month now. She's remove her tablet now.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #18 on: April 6, 2014, 01:35:57 pm »
She spoke to Sky, said her tablet and my laptop are on it but another one was in it and it wasn't my brother. Also Sky said I added and removed my laptop yesterday as I thought that might help but think me removing the device again hasn't helped at all which is rubbish, may have to wait a month now. She's remove her tablet now.

Farcical bellends at Sky.

One device a month is the so stupid. You should have had a go at them.

You can get the game on a stream though.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: April 6, 2014, 02:35:08 pm »
Farcical bellends at Sky.

One device a month is the so stupid. You should have had a go at them.

You can get the game on a stream though.

I rang them once as my laptop blew up while I was at uni and I got a new one (and obviously I had my Laptop, and My Xbox 360 registered). Only within the month though I'd removed my sisters laptop and added mine (which obv counted as the one device a month shite).

They said, "No problem" and reset the devices on the spot. So I could sign in with my new laptop and xbox.

Online Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #20 on: April 6, 2014, 02:56:17 pm »
I rang them once as my laptop blew up while I was at uni and I got a new one (and obviously I had my Laptop, and My Xbox 360 registered). Only within the month though I'd removed my sisters laptop and added mine (which obv counted as the one device a month shite).

They said, "No problem" and reset the devices on the spot. So I could sign in with my new laptop and xbox.

I rang them once and asked them, as I had a similar problem (laptop had gone and someone else had used the register) they said there is nothing they could do at all and I had to wait a month. Missed a game against United :(

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #21 on: April 6, 2014, 04:17:58 pm »
She's removed her tablet and it still won't work, at least I know what the problem is now. Cheers for the help lads especially Elzar much appreciated.

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2016, 01:55:09 pm »
Anyway of getting round this adding one device a month thing without having to get sky go extra?

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2016, 08:38:11 pm »
Didnt realise you cant watch this on holiday. Sat in spain for the barca game and i was outside of jurisdiction.