Author Topic: Aly Cissokho  (Read 176643 times)

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Aly Cissokho
« Reply #400 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:00 pm »
Im not saying he's great or anything like that but I was more frustrated with us when he had the ball. Gave him limited options to do anythin. Wasnt just his fault for how it went today. No support from any player and villa played on it.

our fullbacks will get isolated in the system that we play, thats a fact.

therefore they need to have the ability to beat a man or do something with the ball, johnson, enrique and sterling (who played rwb for half of the game today) have that ability.

Cissokho is a shit but quicker than average centre half who has been converted to full back so he can scrape a professional living.

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #401 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:39 pm »
Jesus, he's fucking awful.
What's Jesus done to upset you?  :)
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: January 18, 2014, 08:10:59 pm »
I just can't think of anything he does really well.  I don't see him give the ball away that often but then again he doesn't really add anything either.  Desperately need someone else starting.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #403 on: January 18, 2014, 08:12:20 pm »
What's Jesus done to upset you?  :)

His dad created Aly Cissokho for a fucking start.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TheBazz

• tardzz keepz deleting my poztzzzzzz! Blazzphemy! Blazzpheryou! Blazzphereverybody on the forumzzzzzz!
  • Kopite
  • It's the Bazz!
« Reply #404 on: January 18, 2014, 08:12:21 pm »
Just another 'wanna see him do well' players, but no matter how many chances he gets he just cant seem to get it right.
Not sure if he just cannot adapt to this league out right?
or if its the language barrier?
or confidence in tight situations?

I think its a mix of all, that fucked up 'shot' that caused Suarez to give him an ear full explained it all, Cissokhos face since then was just 'What am I doing here?'

Fingers crossed he bucks up, but cannot see him staying.
@KevinHenshaw1 (not the professional wakeboarder).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: January 18, 2014, 08:12:58 pm »
Thank fuck it's only a loan.

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #406 on: January 18, 2014, 08:13:02 pm »
I'm flabbergasted at the scouting done to sign him.

Rodgers must of been bevvied like nothing, to approve this loan.

Offline creed111

• Anny Roader
« Reply #407 on: January 18, 2014, 08:15:29 pm »
El Toro oh how we miss thee
"Never forget what you are, the rest of the world will not. Wear it like armor, and it can never be used to hurt you."

- Tyrion

Online Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #408 on: January 18, 2014, 08:16:05 pm »
It's safe to say, our loan moves in the summer were disasters.

I was worried about this signing and I still find it confusing, he was never the upgrade we needed on Enrique and he's miles off him at that.

Offline Sally

• Desperately searching for a very, very, very, very, very small toaster! "I'm saying this now, if he (Christian Benteke) scores more than 16 goals for us next season i'm eating my cock." (Duly noted!)
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Yellow Submarine
« Reply #409 on: January 18, 2014, 08:16:11 pm »
I'm flabbergasted at the scouting done to sign him.

Rodgers must of been bevvied like nothing, to approve this loan.

It must have been the same stuff Ferguson was on when he chose Moyes as his Successor :butt

But seriously, he looks so out of place in the team, Flanno right now is a better premier league LB than him at the moment

Offline jamie_c

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: January 18, 2014, 08:17:26 pm »
I just can't think of anything he does really well.  I don't see him give the ball away that often but then again he doesn't really add anything either.  Desperately need someone else starting.

The one thing he does well is get in positions to receive the ball, compare how involved he was today against Johnson.

Sadly he's very limited as a footballer though and it's clear he won't be back next year.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: January 18, 2014, 08:21:39 pm »
Looked absolutely devoid in any confidence by the end. A Suarez telling off and quite audible groans even when watching on the TV probably didn't help.

Offline Je99ers

• Kopite
« Reply #412 on: January 18, 2014, 08:23:51 pm »
I'm afraid to say that Cissokho is the slowest fullback I have ever seen.   He has that slowest reaction to make a decision.

I can't really believe that he's a full back - he is like a defending midfielder....!

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #413 on: January 18, 2014, 08:23:57 pm »
I don't think he did anything wrong at the defensively  today, didn't give the ball away.

That's a competent performance for a left back.

Ok, he did nothing in the final third, but he did the a,b,c of his job.

Not phenomenal, but ok
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:30 pm »
I'm afraid to say that Cissokho is the slowest fullback I have ever seen.   He has that slowest reaction to make a decision.

I can't really believe that he's a full back - he is like a defending midfielder....!
Dicks, bjornebye..... I could go on
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kadian

• Trolling along... The Specious One. Whistles the Liquidator as he types disparaging comments about Mario Balotelli So utterly predictable, Moreno's best mate
  • Legacy Fan
  • We're coming
« Reply #415 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:31 pm »
It's safe to say, our loan moves in the summer were disasters.

Maybe we should fuck off this loan policy?

Sick of it to be honest. Sahin, Moses and Cissokho. Total waste of resources.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: January 18, 2014, 08:25:41 pm »
Dicks, bjornebye..... I could go on

Bjornebye was a GOD compared to this bloke.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: January 18, 2014, 08:26:51 pm »
Bjornebye was a GOD compared to this bloke.
He delivered a good dead ball to be fair to him.

But, I'm baffled to see what ally did wrong today.....
W

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #418 on: January 18, 2014, 08:28:44 pm »

Really?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #419 on: January 18, 2014, 08:28:45 pm »

our fullbacks will get isolated in the system that we play, thats a fact.

therefore they need to have the ability to beat a man or do something with the ball, johnson, enrique and sterling (who played rwb for half of the game today) have that ability.

Cissokho is a shit but quicker than average centre half who has been converted to full back so he can scrape a professional living.

You say they got isolated but johnson always had sterling as an outlet and help covering. Cissokho had no one. Not saying I dont prefer Enrique or Flanagan and that they wouldn't do better but his poor performance was down to tactics as much as anything. And given that I dont think he was the worst out there.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:30:24 pm by macca007 »

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:25 pm »
Really?
Tell me when he gave possession away cheaply.

Tell me what defensive mistakes he made ....
W

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #421 on: January 18, 2014, 08:30:46 pm »

???

Offline Xanderzone

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: January 18, 2014, 08:32:36 pm »
I understand why people want to see him do well and don't want to see a player singled out, but if a player is flat out useless and looks like he won a competition to play for us, it's okay to say it. He is woeful, I haven't seen a Liverpool player as technically incompetent in a long time.

We the fans know it, our players know it, our opposition knows it hence why they keep targeting and I think Rodgers knows it and that's why he's been playing a 20 year old right-back there ahead of him.

He's fucking gash.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #423 on: January 18, 2014, 08:34:27 pm »

Are you serious? I've just got back from the match now and amongst some pretty abject performers, Cissokho was the stand out weakest link. Hopelessly out of position defensively and a complete and utter liability going forward. He was that shit  Villa just let him have the ball in the end in confidence he would do nothing - and he never let them down.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: January 18, 2014, 08:34:50 pm »
I understand why people want to see him do well and don't want to see a player singled out, but if a player is flat out useless and looks like he won a competition to play for us, it's okay to say it. He is woeful, I haven't seen a Liverpool player as technically incompetent in a long time.

We the fans know it, our players know it, our opposition knows it hence why they keep targeting and I think Rodgers knows it and that's why he's been playing a 20 year old right-back there ahead of him.

He's fucking gash.
What did he do wrong today?
W

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #425 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:05 pm »
Tell me when he gave possession away cheaply.

Tell me what defensive mistakes he made ....

At one point, Villa nicked the ball from one of the midfielders, and he was out of position, probably because he was incredibly high up the pitch. They then took it down the right and it stayed there for a while, he had plenty of time to get back and was seen jogging into the picture making no effort to get back and help. That was one of many similar incidents.

Toure was often having to cover left back today, which moved across the whole defence. It's fair enough if he's been involved in an attack and is getting back, but he is so slow at getting back and looks like he can't be bothered, or just physically can't. He also doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball. He didn't have anybody in front of him, but he refused to give it inside when he could too.

I think people have overreacted at some of the games he has played for us, and he has kept shape alright, but today he was pretty bad.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Card Cheat

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: January 18, 2014, 08:35:48 pm »

Ouch.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: January 18, 2014, 08:36:26 pm »
I had been giving him the benefit of the doubt, but I have had enough now. There is probably a decent player in there somewhere, but we can't afford to wait for him to get his mojo back on our pitch. The sooner Enrique and Flanagan are back the better. Even them we need to splash out on a top LB.
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:47 pm »
At one point, Villa nicked the ball from one of the midfielders, and he was out of position, probably because he was incredibly high up the pitch. They then took it down the right and it stayed there for a while, he had plenty of time to get back and was seen jogging into the picture making no effort to get back and help. That was one of many similar incidents.

Toure was often having to cover left back today, which moved across the whole defence. It's fair enough if he's been involved in an attack and is getting back, but he is so slow at getting back and looks like he can't be bothered, or just physically can't. He also doesn't seem to know what to do with the ball. He didn't have anybody in front of him, but he refused to give it inside when he could too.

I think people have overreacted at some of the games he has played for us, and he has kept shape alright, but today he was pretty bad.
You see, I don't agree about getting caught up the pitch.  That's not his fault in the system we play.

Our full backs are expected to push high up the pitch, there's bound to be room in behind them.

This needs to be covered by someone, that's the way our system works.

There have been games where he's been terrible. This wasn't one.
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #429 on: January 18, 2014, 08:37:54 pm »
I don't think he did anything wrong at the defensively  today, didn't give the ball away.

That's a competent performance for a left back.

Ok, he did nothing in the final third, but he did the a,b,c of his job.

Not phenomenal, but ok

Your trolling.

Offline lessthanmatt

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:20 pm »
He just runs and runs and runs aimlessly when moving forward with the ball. He doesn't look particularly in control when he does either. If oppositions defenders don't tackle him, he'll tackle himself or the advertising boards will.
"I want to get off Mr. Rodgers Wild Ride"

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #431 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:24 pm »
You see, I don't agree about getting caught up the pitch.  That's not his fault in the system we play.

Our full backs are expected to push high up the pitch, there's bound to be room in behind them.

This needs to be covered by someone, that's the way our system works.

You need to re-watch the game. Which would be painful.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:50 pm »
Your trolling.
No really, I'm not.

Earlier in the season he had games where he stank, he was ok today.
W

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #433 on: January 18, 2014, 08:38:58 pm »
He has no future here.

Online Popcorn

• Sore bollocks
  • Legacy Fan
  • It's attached to your rod Motherlicker
« Reply #434 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:01 pm »
What did he do wrong today?
He did nothing right today. He looked like he was playing in slow motion.

Offline RedMan89

• Anny Roader
« Reply #435 on: January 18, 2014, 08:39:49 pm »
His dad created Aly Cissokho for a fucking start.

Now that's unnecessary.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:13 pm »
You need to re-watch the game. Which would be painful.
He's been called all kinds of shit here, and the only proper criticism of his game today has been that he can't cross and he's slow to get back.

That's not being atrocious.
W

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #437 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:14 pm »

Oh dear.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:36 pm »
No really, I'm not.

Earlier in the season he had games where he stank, he was ok today.

See i realise he's not that good, never argued he;s great. But i've always said he's tried and despite not being too good on the ball or going forward he seems an honest lad. Today though he had a mare, imo his worse by quite a margin. Funny how we see things in such contrast.

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: January 18, 2014, 08:40:47 pm »
He did nothing right today. He looked like he was playing in slow motion.
so he was responsible for how many of their chances on goal?
W