Author Topic: NBA Season 2013/2014  (Read 91634 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: NBA Season 2013/2014
« Reply #1800 on: June 17, 2014, 11:56:52 pm »
If bosh and wade don't opt out think lebron is deffo a goner

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1801 on: June 18, 2014, 12:49:32 am »

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1802 on: June 18, 2014, 09:30:40 am »
I thought that Pop's view on foreign players and their mentality was well known but good to read anyways.

He seems like a great guy despite the half assed interviews he gives  ;D and someone that his players look up to.
Messi in fact doesn't have a recognizable trait.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Australian cricket correspondent & 2014 AFL tipping champion of the World
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1803 on: June 20, 2014, 01:55:51 pm »
So the upcoming draft. Embid breaks his foot. I'd still take him at any pick, maybe I'm too impressed by seeing him obliterate the rim in workouts.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1804 on: June 20, 2014, 02:04:50 pm »
So the upcoming draft. Embid breaks his foot. I'd still take him at any pick, maybe I'm too impressed by seeing him obliterate the rim in workouts.

He's already had a stress fracture in his back and his foot though so you can understand teams being really skeptical about the ability of his body to hold up to the rigours of an 82 game season. For a Cavaliers GM who has already drafted an absolute dud at the number 1 spot last year, he will lose his job for sure if he signs a potential Greg Oden this year, especially when you have Parker and Wiggins in the same draft. After the Bennett debacle, I can see the Cavs going for reliability with prospects not quite having the massive upside of an Embiid, but certainly guys talented enough to be an All Star someday. If Embiid did end up sliding down the draft, the Celtics and the Lakers would be smacking their lips hoping to add this kid.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1805 on: June 20, 2014, 02:13:33 pm »
He's already had a stress fracture in his back and his foot though so you can understand teams being really skeptical about the ability of his body to hold up to the rigours of an 82 game season. For a Cavaliers GM who has already drafted an absolute dud at the number 1 spot last year, he will lose his job for sure if he signs a potential Greg Oden this year, especially when you have Parker and Wiggins in the same draft. After the Bennett debacle, I can see the Cavs going for reliability with prospects not quite having the massive upside of an Embiid, but certainly guys talented enough to be an All Star someday. If Embiid did end up sliding down the draft, the Celtics and the Lakers would be smacking their lips hoping to add this kid.
You make a good point, teams like the Cavs and Philly are in a special position because of their past. Can Philly take another injured center after they just let Noel sit the whole year? No. Still, Orlando are going to be smacking their lips at taking him at 4. Seriously, they can use him sparingly, let Oladipo play another year, and then hit up a 3rd draft for one of the top guys next year and then you're looking at an OKC type situation.

Looking like my compatriot Exum will go to Philly. Would really like him to land in Boston or LA, not looking likely at all though.

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1806 on: June 20, 2014, 03:38:40 pm »
http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11105717/sad-last-chapter-donald-sterling-life

"Many people tell you the same detail about meeting Sterling: He likes to grab the crook of your elbow when he's making a point. He does not let go easily. It's more creepy than endearing. One noted NBA agent recalls Sterling grabbing one of his biceps, saying, "You're so strong." A longtime owner says Sterling once came up to him during a cocktail party at an NBA Board of Governors meeting and stuck his hand inside his shirt to feel his chest muscle. "It's the only time in my life I said to anyone, 'Take your hands off me or I'll punch you in the face,'" the owner says. Sterling backed away. He did not apologize."

Fuckin' hell.

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1807 on: June 20, 2014, 03:39:18 pm »
You make a good point, teams like the Cavs and Philly are in a special position because of their past. Can Philly take another injured center after they just let Noel sit the whole year? No. Still, Orlando are going to be smacking their lips at taking him at 4. Seriously, they can use him sparingly, let Oladipo play another year, and then hit up a 3rd draft for one of the top guys next year and then you're looking at an OKC type situation.

Looking like my compatriot Exum will go to Philly. Would really like him to land in Boston or LA, not looking likely at all though.

Exum to Philly sounds interesting, but he is a bit too similar to MCW for my liking, albeit based on my limited viewing of his game on YouTube. Both not natural ball handlers and more suited to being a combo guard. I've read a few mock drafts predicting Randle moving to Philly and he would be a good option for them. The kid can play at PF and has a really punishing post game similar to Z-Bo. If Noel does return healthy this season, him and Randle can form a talented Kentucky front-court for the Sixers.

As for the Magic, they can cement their back-court with Exum and Oladipo for the next few years. Even if they chose to tank this year, next year's draft will most likely have Jahlil Okafor from Duke, who is considered to be a potentially elite big man. The Magic could then make a play for him a settled in back court pairing of Oladipo and Exum, who would've had a year to play together and gel. In short, this is the most exciting draft class since 2003. Any one of the top 5-6 picks can go on to be a franchise player in the next 2-3 seasons. It will be interesting to see what each GM ends up doing finally.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2014, 03:41:47 pm by IndianRed »

Offline Sgt. Pepper

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1808 on: June 21, 2014, 10:16:30 pm »
Cleveland Cavaliers Name David Blatt Head Coach

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/releases/blatt-coach-140620

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #1809 on: June 22, 2014, 01:10:45 am »
Embiid out for 4-6 months with a foot injury. I guess that would pretty much bury his chances of getting picked as No.1 in the draft. But a huge opportunity for the likes of Orlando, Celtics and the Lakers if they have the stomach for the risk involved.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1810 on: June 23, 2014, 05:24:00 pm »
Melo opting out of Knicks deal

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1811 on: June 23, 2014, 10:17:37 pm »
Melo opting out of Knicks deal

I mentioned it earlier, Melo doesn't leave money on the table. It's his right, but all those discussions about him sacrificing money to join other teams was simply idle discussions. He's done practically the same thing with New York as he did with Denver, instead of biding his time he chose to free himself early. Again, it's his absolute right and I have nothing against that personally, but it does throw a slight spanner in Jackson's plan to build around Melo next season (and especially summer 2015). The Knicks can hold firm and refuse a sign and trade, which would limit his options, or give him more possibilities and allow for a sign and trade. Somehow, I don' t think they'll be happy with a sign and trade (non of the muted players from the Bulls that are supposedly part of this trade would benefit us short/long term).

I have no issues with Melo move elsewhere if it's a case of getting the full guarantee on his salary, or possibly to a city that his family might rather move to, but I don't buy the whole "move to a team where I can win championships". If that was his highest priority when he wanted to join NYC 3 years ago, he would have waited until summer and joined us on a free. Instead, we ofloaded numerous key players from our squad just to get him on a sign+trade transfer with Denver. It's not the sole reason why we're capped out (it does get tiring hearing Amare state his confidence of coming back to his All Star level summer after summer, whilst subsequently being available for 15% of our games, but alas, noone in their right minds would retire and give up all the remaining cash still on the table), but it did play a large role.

If Melo does leave, I hope it's on our terms. Either we get some useful assets and picks, or players in their final year of their contract. Phil's getting paid 10mill per year, now would be as good a time as any to start earning some of it back.
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline His Nibs

• Kopite
« Reply #1812 on: June 23, 2014, 11:56:32 pm »
well on the other hand, duncan picked up his player option.. manu and duncan to retire together after next season? TP is only 32!

possible destinations for melo:

1) Chicago
2) Houston
3) Miami?

Houston has some tradeable assets in Lin, Asik and Parsons... but there is huge risks in Houston trying to form a big 3 with howard, harden and melo.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 11:58:41 pm by His Nibs »

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1813 on: June 24, 2014, 05:37:26 am »
Would love to see Melo on the Bulls.

Offline His Nibs

• Kopite
« Reply #1814 on: June 24, 2014, 01:16:04 pm »
I think Bulls will be a better fit for melo. That team needs offense and melo provides instant offense. Rose needs to transition from a scoring point guard to a facilitator. If he can make that transition, bulls have a pretty well balanced team. That and getting rid of Carlos Boozer.

Online hulksagoodboy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1815 on: June 24, 2014, 02:49:33 pm »
Bron-Bron decided his talents are no longer warranted in South Beach anymore.

Twat.

It'll be funny to see all the Heat fans turn to Clipper fans in a few months time.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #1816 on: June 24, 2014, 02:54:25 pm »
Wow.   Did not see that coming at all. Was sure he'd stay for a year and then consider his options.

What a week this will be with the maddest Draft in years too.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gods_Left_Boot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1817 on: June 24, 2014, 03:00:09 pm »
Bron-Bron decided his talents are no longer warranted in South Beach anymore.

Twat.

It'll be funny to see all the Heat fans turn to Clipper fans in a few months time.

I honestly hope he goes back to Cleveland. He'd find a potentially good nucleus and his reputation would be (partially) restored. Plus, this would allow the Cavs to go BPA in the draft and roll the dice on Embiid with the first pick.

If he decides to turn into a wrestling villain he'll go to the Bulls and play the Cavs 4 times per year. Really don't see why he'd go the western conference and go through heavier regular season and playoff campaigns, while staying east any team (Heat, Bulls, Cavs) with him on board would be the overwhelming favourite in a much weaker conference.

We'll see in the next week if Bosh and Wade opt out from their contracts, either to move or to resign at more club-friendly conditions.
September 12, 2012:Truth today, justice tomorrow.

Oliver Kay ‏@OliverKayTimes
Those who've campaigned for the truth on Hillsborough were once a suppressed minority. Now the minority are those left clinging to the lies.

My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1818 on: June 24, 2014, 03:20:47 pm »
Him opting out doesn't mean he's leaving Miami

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1819 on: June 24, 2014, 11:17:29 pm »
i think he'll end up back at cleveland

Offline Yiannis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Reds fan from Greece
« Reply #1820 on: June 25, 2014, 08:36:17 am »
Him opting out doesn't mean he's leaving Miami

This. I mean,him leaving Miami, was my first thought when news broke out, but doesn't mean that at all. Miami could still sign him for the max I guess or close to it and not sign the other 2.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1821 on: June 26, 2014, 05:34:05 am »

Offline Doc Red

• Chills before posting and wishes others had too
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The eye cannot see what the mind does not know.
« Reply #1822 on: June 26, 2014, 11:46:53 am »
Well, well, well. Knicks are making some i-n-t-e-r-e-s-t-i-n-g moves. And we're still in the first quarter, plenty of time left for more transfers.

But seriously, we found a way to offload Felton? I'm starting to have faith, it certainly seems like we have a blueprint and hopefully Melo opting out early is all part of the plan.

Additionally, I'm excited about the draft picks we've picked up. :wave
The child who is not embraced by the village will burn it down to feel its warmth.
There go my people. I must follow them, for I am their leader.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #1823 on: June 26, 2014, 12:11:30 pm »
Dante Exum refused a last minute work out with the Cavs, so means he worked out with 76ers, Magic and Bucks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-26/exum-knocks-back-cavaliers27-work-out-offer/5552382

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1824 on: June 26, 2014, 12:19:29 pm »
Dante Exum refused a last minute work out with the Cavs, so means he worked out with 76ers, Magic and Bucks.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-06-26/exum-knocks-back-cavaliers27-work-out-offer/5552382
Hope he falls, take the pressure of him. Going to be a laugh when some team who has barely seen him play picks him in the top few and then its wondered why an 18 year old who has just finished playing Australian high school basketball isn't contributing as you'd expect from a top 3 pick.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1825 on: June 27, 2014, 12:22:33 am »
Cavs should take Wiggins no1. Take that defense.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1826 on: June 27, 2014, 12:42:16 am »
Wiggins it be at no1.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1827 on: June 27, 2014, 12:50:10 am »
Parker 2.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1828 on: June 27, 2014, 12:54:51 am »
Haha Joel Embid looks mad as a cut snake. Philly did what we thought they couldn't, picked an injured Embid to go with their injured Noel.

Embid goes 3.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1829 on: June 27, 2014, 12:55:40 am »
Surprised Embiid went to Philly. Haven't they already got a promising injured center in Noel? I thought they'd be looking at someone who could help right away

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1830 on: June 27, 2014, 12:56:04 am »
And sounds like Aaron Gordon will be going 4th meaning Dante falls at least to Utah.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1831 on: June 27, 2014, 12:57:02 am »
Surprised Embiid went to Philly. Haven't they already got a promising injured center in Noel? I thought they'd be looking at someone who could help right away
They do, but it's probably right to pick the best talent available rather than let your past hold you back from picking the best player.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1832 on: June 27, 2014, 12:59:45 am »
They do, but it's probably right to pick the best talent available rather than let your past hold you back from picking the best player.

Embiid undoubtedly has massive upside, just thought they'd be looking for someone who could come in and contribute right away. Is Exum a scorer?

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1833 on: June 27, 2014, 01:01:23 am »
Embiid undoubtedly has massive upside, just thought they'd be looking for someone who could come in and score right away. Is Exum a scorer?
I would think Exum will score fairly well, but he's also extremely young and would need a few seasons to develop. After WIggins and Parker I don't think anyone else will really come in and do something significant straight away.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1834 on: June 27, 2014, 01:03:23 am »
Disappointing to see Exum go to Utah if he goes there. If they stick him at 2 to try and fit him and Burke in the same team it'll be a waste.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1835 on: June 27, 2014, 01:04:18 am »
I would think Exum will score fairly well, but he's also extremely young and would need a few seasons to develop. After WIggins and Parker I don't think anyone else will really come in and do something significant straight away.

I heard that this draft is fairly deep, but to be honest outside of Embiid, Wiggins and Parker I don't know much about any of the other players. Would you have taken Wiggins at 1?

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1836 on: June 27, 2014, 01:05:08 am »
Jonathan Givony ‏@DraftExpress 15s

Where does Dante Exum go now? He refused to work out for Utah and did not want to get picked there because of "their market" and Trey Burke.

Yeah, better pick him.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1837 on: June 27, 2014, 01:09:39 am »
I heard that this draft is fairly deep, but to be honest outside of Embiid, Wiggins and Parker I don't know much about any of the other players. Would you have taken Wiggins at 1?
It is deep but really after the sure things you're drafting for potential. I would have taken WIggins no1, he seems like a 2nd banana, plays great D, not necessarily wanting the ball in his hands which is good as they've got enough of those. I think he can be a Pippen to Kyrie.

Offline nicholasanthony

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1838 on: June 27, 2014, 01:14:21 am »
Exum does to go Utah at 5 *sigh*

Smart to Boston at 6.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1839 on: June 27, 2014, 01:18:39 am »
Exum didn't look delighted to be joining Utah.