Author Topic: The Division  (Read 41054 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: The Division
« Reply #240 on: March 14, 2016, 09:39:48 pm »
The dark zone seems unplayable for me right now, everytime I go in there within a minute I have been killed in one shot by something at level 30.

You could be in the wrong part of the dark zone. DZ06 has level  30 enemies

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #241 on: March 14, 2016, 09:40:19 pm »
The dark zone seems unplayable for me right now, everytime I go in there within a minute I have been killed in one shot by something at level 30.

What level are you? If you are not level 30, you might want to take a different entrance as there are low-level areas where enemies are level 10 or something like that.

Have played this quite a bit yesterday and today and I'm now level 11. It is quite entertaining looking for new stuff, but I can see why some people might not like it. Have mainly done the PVE-stuff alone, but have also had a first go at the dark zone. Went in there alone to simply give it a try and was surprised how well it went. Even if you're not in a group people will help each other and you manage to find decent loot without a lot of trouble by simply killing opponents. Extraction is also not that big a problem yet, as people will work together keeping enemies away from the extraction zone. And you don't really need to be afraid that some other player is going to shoot you. Even if you accidentally hit someone, you're fine most of the time. Although that will certainly change in the higher level areas with better loot...

I've had fun with the game so far...

Oh, and I'm stoaLFC on PC, if someone wants to look for me... ;)
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:45:33 pm by stoa »

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #242 on: March 14, 2016, 09:41:54 pm »
You could be in the wrong part of the dark zone. DZ06 has level  30 enemies

I will have go to another entrance and see what happens.

Yes you were right I was using DZ06 because it was close to the new safehouse I had unlocked.

Thanks
« Last Edit: March 14, 2016, 09:48:01 pm by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: March 14, 2016, 10:39:18 pm »
just getting into this and liking it, still not a clue what I'm doing but level'd up faster running round getting killed with scouser4eva for 10 minutes than i did in the first couple of  hours put together.

Offline scouser4eva

• but is Eva4Scouser? Wants an old willy
  • Legacy Fan
  • " god wanted west ham to win but gerrard said no "
« Reply #244 on: March 14, 2016, 10:44:58 pm »
just getting into this and liking it, still not a clue what I'm doing but level'd up faster running round getting killed with scouser4eva for 10 minutes than i did in the first couple of  hours put together.

Ha was that you mate no problem had to log of will be back on tomorrow help you out !

Visit each safe house and do all the side missions for that safe house you can lvl up pretty quick this way

Offline gomez

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #245 on: March 14, 2016, 10:52:31 pm »
Ha was that you mate no problem had to log of will be back on tomorrow help you out !

Visit each safe house and do all the side missions for that safe house you can lvl up pretty quick this way

Sound mate, nice one!

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #246 on: March 14, 2016, 11:40:29 pm »
What about crafting? Is it worth doing at a lower level? I've only ever made a couple of things when my gear was getting too low for my level and I had problems finding new one from drops or in crates...

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #247 on: March 15, 2016, 09:07:12 am »
Got to level 30 last night, great game so far but as one or two have said, including RD, what's the end game content going to be like?  Is there really that much replayability for the old missions if there's nothing to be earned from them?
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #248 on: March 15, 2016, 01:49:52 pm »
Absolutely lovin this, lvl 25 now, went into DZ with 3 lvl 30 mates, absolutely class, got out some purples, then on second extraction we got ambushed by some rel player rogue agents... later they adopted a different tactic, so they wouldn't turn rogue they would run in front of us whilst we attached AI enemies so we went rogue then killed us instead... quite smart...but yeah they stole some pruples from me the fuckers haha!

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #249 on: March 15, 2016, 03:08:36 pm »
Got to level 30 last night, great game so far but as one or two have said, including RD, what's the end game content going to be like?  Is there really that much replayability for the old missions if there's nothing to be earned from them?

earning phoenix credits, replaying 'strikes', 2 dailies and a challenge daily per day, crafting gear, and raids (incursions) coming soon.

challenge modes are really proper hard.
You're all too fucking serious, the lot of you. Relax, we don't really matter.

Oh, and we should have an in's and out's topic, stickied.

Offline Historical Fool

• A fool in the present too. The ban on drivel from 666 has led to a remarkable increase in forum quality. Currently being spectacularly wooshed. Seemingly by, well, just about everything.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #250 on: March 15, 2016, 03:09:36 pm »
What about crafting? Is it worth doing at a lower level? I've only ever made a couple of things when my gear was getting too low for my level and I had problems finding new one from drops or in crates...

Don't, save all your mats for crafting at 30. Anything you craft at a lower level will be replaced within hours anyway.

That being said, keep your weapon up to your level, buy it from a vendor if necessary. That's the most important part of levelling I found.

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #251 on: March 15, 2016, 07:08:53 pm »
And another question in terms of weapons. What do I look for there on a lower level (currently level 12)? Only DPS or is there something else to look at. I currently have a blue secondary with about 3600 DPS. Now, I've found a green one with a higher level that has about 3900 DPS. Does that number include the effects like more chance for critical hits or is it worth looking at the additional stats a weapon gives you? And am I right that in terms of what weapon to use a lot depends on how you want to play the game, because I'm not really using anything else except a submachine gun and an assault rifle...

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #252 on: March 15, 2016, 10:01:37 pm »
i don't think DPS is that important, it's not like you're standing there firing at somebody solidly for 10 seconds
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #253 on: March 15, 2016, 10:35:11 pm »
i don't think DPS is that important, it's not like you're standing there firing at somebody solidly for 10 seconds

Oh thats what I am doing wrong.  ;)
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #254 on: March 16, 2016, 09:48:54 am »
And another question in terms of weapons. What do I look for there on a lower level (currently level 12)? Only DPS or is there something else to look at. I currently have a blue secondary with about 3600 DPS. Now, I've found a green one with a higher level that has about 3900 DPS. Does that number include the effects like more chance for critical hits or is it worth looking at the additional stats a weapon gives you? And am I right that in terms of what weapon to use a lot depends on how you want to play the game, because I'm not really using anything else except a submachine gun and an assault rifle...

DPS is just a paper number. It's a bit like Diablo, where the 'sheet dps' (the number the game shows you) is a decent indicator of where your gear is at but ultimately is a theoretical number only.

It's even more so in a game like the Division, where the dps stat takes into account: accuracy, headshot damage, critical hit chance, critical hit damage, range, firearms stat, rate of fire, and magazine size (the highest sheet dps modifier). Unlike traditional MMORPGs, in the Division you actually have a chance to miss due to human error. It just shows you how much damage you can do in a set amount of time if EVERY SINGLE ONE of your bullets hit. A sheet dps of 200k is useless if your gunskill is lacking, you can't handle the gun recoil / bloom, and you miss many of your shots.

Specifically to your question, while levelling the biggest tip re: weapons I found is just equip the higher one. Check the required item level - your blue is probably level 8, while your green is maybe level 10? At this low level you're not going to notice the effect of whatever talents your weapon has, plus you'll outgrow the weapon in an hour or so anyway.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #255 on: March 16, 2016, 12:20:09 pm »
don't know if i'm missing something with weapon stats & mods, my primary weapon at the moment is a level 19 purple socom scar-l with 17,628 dps, i've just bought a lvl19 handstop which it said increases to 17,889 & a lvl19 heavy magazine spring which increases to 18,593 from the mod vendor in the main base yet when i go to fit them they both lower the dps by a lot

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #256 on: March 16, 2016, 12:21:49 pm »
don't know if i'm missing something with weapon stats & mods, my primary weapon at the moment is a level 19 purple socom scar-l with 17,628 dps, i've just bought a lvl19 handstop which it said increases to 17,889 & a lvl19 heavy magazine spring which increases to 18,593 from the mod vendor in the main base yet when i go to fit them they both lower the dps by a lot

is your weapon 17,628 dps when all the mods are removed like totally stripped ? try stripping the weapon before comparing mod upgrades I think this is a bug

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #257 on: March 16, 2016, 12:50:24 pm »
is your weapon 17,628 dps when all the mods are removed like totally stripped ? try stripping the weapon before comparing mod upgrades I think this is a bug

yeah i think it's a bug, the 17,628 is modded, i think on the vendor's screen it doesn't consider any mods you have and just shows it as the base dps so when you replace them it can lower your dps if the mods are worse

i rarely buy anything anyway as the gear for sale always seems to be worse than what i have, just had a lot of credits burning a hole in my pocket so wanted to use them for something

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #258 on: March 16, 2016, 06:47:22 pm »
midas dropped earlier and I've unlocked the talents and have it doing 50% critical hit damage as a base stat. yellow numbers fall off the enemy. I have around 90k dps and 50 odd health. also bought the pahkan, which also has the talents on the gun unlocked.

gonna try challenge mode later
PSN: white-of-my-eyes

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #259 on: March 16, 2016, 09:40:49 pm »
challenge mode completed took about an hour, got shitty high end sidearm gloves and credit

Offline stoa

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #260 on: March 16, 2016, 10:17:19 pm »
Did some leveling and now I'm 20. Had a look in the dark zone and got mobbed by some guys. Had no chance so basically tried to run and take them out one by one. Suddenly, two other players appeared and basically messed those guys up. One thing was rather strange though and that's that they basically took some of them out with one or two shots. How is that possible? Do a couple of levels make such a big difference as I'm level 20 as are the NPCs and those other two guys were probably a bit higher, because the DZ is for level 20-24 players?

Offline Historical Fool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FSG EOTM June ‘23
    • Fenway Sports Group
« Reply #261 on: March 17, 2016, 04:34:10 pm »
Did some leveling and now I'm 20. Had a look in the dark zone and got mobbed by some guys. Had no chance so basically tried to run and take them out one by one. Suddenly, two other players appeared and basically messed those guys up. One thing was rather strange though and that's that they basically took some of them out with one or two shots. How is that possible? Do a couple of levels make such a big difference as I'm level 20 as are the NPCs and those other two guys were probably a bit higher, because the DZ is for level 20-24 players?

Yes it does.

I would advise going into the DZ at all while levelling, it just isn't profitable or efficient.

If you really do want to though, go in at the top of your level bracket - in your case, 24.

There are some people that advocate going in at 29 and grinding to DZ 30 before you hit level 30 on your char. I don't think that's necessary or advisable, but to each their own. I'm DZ 46 now and I only seriously started after reaching level 30.

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #262 on: March 17, 2016, 07:53:40 pm »
Still only level 8 on this after about 6 hours play, any tips to level up quicker? Is it worth playing old missions on HARD difficulty?
Level 6 here, bought this this morning. I quite like it. Not done any co-op yet.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #263 on: March 17, 2016, 10:38:41 pm »
Level 6 here, bought this this morning. I quite like it. Not done any co-op yet.

Up to level 12 now and level 13 in DZ.

Fucking boss game.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #264 on: March 18, 2016, 08:00:39 am »
I was in the dark zone last night with a few friends.  I was rank 27 (dark zone).  I dropped to rank 25 because of rogue agents whilst trying to protect/get revenge.  Ended up with a 5 minute timer as rogue agent.  I got lost from my team and was chased down by 3 agents seeking revenge. The chase lasted a good 2 minutes before i was cornered :( i made it half way up a ladder before i came to my death.  Was good fun but unfair to drop 2 ranks.  Dont think ill attack anybody again as its just not worth it, even if you want revenge.

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #265 on: March 18, 2016, 08:23:04 am »
I'm taking my time with it. Think I'm lvl 15 but I found its better to play in little stints rather than longer ones. The good thing is you can always matchmake with people of similar level so your never missing out really.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #266 on: March 18, 2016, 05:33:47 pm »
bit bored of it today

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #267 on: March 18, 2016, 06:25:50 pm »
Just downloading Beta for free now to give it a go.

Is it any good like?

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #268 on: March 18, 2016, 06:49:26 pm »
Just downloading Beta for free now to give it a go.

Is it any good like?

I don't think the beta will work now.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2016, 09:20:37 pm »
bit bored of it today

I'm not surprised mate by the sounds of it you've flew through it  ;D

Offline Hierro

• Legacy Fan
  • Life is life.
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2016, 09:41:46 pm »
bit bored of it today

Been back on Destiny most of the day, followed by Battlefield.  Got many friends online to do challenges with, but simply not in the mood.  Destiny is much easier to pick up and put down.
Believe.

XBL:  Steevvvoo

PSN:  Steevvvoo

Offline RMG

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #271 on: March 19, 2016, 09:09:00 am »
I don't think the beta will work now.

You're joking right? Took agers to download yesterday.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2016, 10:06:50 am »
I'm not surprised mate by the sounds of it you've flew through it  ;D

I'm still enjoying it, was bored of having to juggle the stat's on my gear and weapons, after farming the darkzone and checking every single drop back at base to see if it improves your build is not my idea of fun, but it's a vital part of the game

with phoenix credits I buy blueprints as you can make as many as you want until you get that perfect roll as materials are easy to get

there is a safe house in zone 6 that sells some crackin blueprints that are different to the home base ones, need to be level 50, grinding away at 42 atm

my routine is complete the 3 daily mission solo as the enemies are a piece of piss, then onto farming. maybe a challenge mode is attempted if everyone can be arsed.

Offline scouser4eva

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #273 on: March 19, 2016, 12:21:38 pm »
I'm still enjoying it, was bored of having to juggle the stat's on my gear and weapons, after farming the darkzone and checking every single drop back at base to see if it improves your build is not my idea of fun, but it's a vital part of the game

with phoenix credits I buy blueprints as you can make as many as you want until you get that perfect roll as materials are easy to get

there is a safe house in zone 6 that sells some crackin blueprints that are different to the home base ones, need to be level 50, grinding away at 42 atm

my routine is complete the 3 daily mission solo as the enemies are a piece of piss, then onto farming. maybe a challenge mode is attempted if everyone can be arsed.

Do you do the daily missions on hard or challenging mode mate ?

add me harperlfc could do with some help just hit lvl 30 need to start doing these !

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #274 on: March 19, 2016, 03:27:52 pm »
So where do I get good drops? I'm Lvl 20 and I've bought my purple weapons and have had only one purple drop in the dark zone and it wasn't as good as the gun I bought. So every thing I pick up is a bit meh and just gets sold.

Offline Teapot

• Legacy Fan
  • Smile....It confuses people!!
« Reply #275 on: March 19, 2016, 04:10:17 pm »
So where do I get good drops? I'm Lvl 20 and I've bought my purple weapons and have had only one purple drop in the dark zone and it wasn't as good as the gun I bought. So every thing I pick up is a bit meh and just gets sold.

Your looking for the named yellow bar enemies in the dark zone, they drop purples every time.

Offline Rattleduser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #276 on: March 19, 2016, 06:09:10 pm »
Do you do the daily missions on hard or challenging mode mate ?

add me harperlfc could do with some help just hit lvl 30 need to start doing these !

on hard mate, challenging is a pain in the arse. doing the daily hard solo is easier than in a team

I've heard farming the final mission is an option as well
« Last Edit: March 19, 2016, 06:12:03 pm by Rattleduser »

Offline MC14

• I apologise for my terrible hair, clothes and glasses
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #277 on: March 19, 2016, 08:00:33 pm »
Your looking for the named yellow bar enemies in the dark zone, they drop purples every time.

Ah I am, but they're only dropping blue. Surprisingly my first purple was from a purple enemy

Offline Vlads

• Anny Roader
  • We've only won it six times..
« Reply #278 on: March 21, 2016, 09:47:45 am »
Got the game yesterday and had a good go at it. Got to lvl 13 pve / 13DZ.
I take it to go through the main story that is being narrated by the game, its mainly doing the security, tech and medical wing missions and encounters from the looks it?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2016, 01:43:19 pm by Vlads »

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #279 on: March 21, 2016, 10:29:22 am »
All the stuff the DZ vendors sell requires a level 30 DZ rank. Grinded up to 16. 17 in PVE. It is a bit of a slog...
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.