Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3600790 times)

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
  • They should let everybody be a giant for a day
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #26120 on: May 20, 2024, 05:48:22 pm »
Yeah, it actually looks really good on the players for me. Still don't think it's something I'd personally wear, but then I'm not signing for LFC any time soon so whevs.

Actually really want this season's kit in PJ form if it goes in the shop sale. I have last season's but I like this year's kit better and being a sad act I quite liked popping them on at home for evening games. Are you still a full kit wanker if you can sleep in it?

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #26121 on: May 22, 2024, 11:51:15 am »
Does anyone know anywhere that would have the womens third kit for this season available?

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #26122 on: May 22, 2024, 12:50:17 pm »
Still can't unsee the "left the barbers in a hurry" aspect. Although there's also the lacey choirboy thing.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #26123 on: May 22, 2024, 01:25:18 pm »
Don't really get that bothered about kits anymore, but after seeing it on Sunday on the players, have to say it's fucking awful.

Looks cheap and nasty and the colour is horrific. Looks orange if anything! Comfortably the worst one for years.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #26124 on: May 22, 2024, 02:53:20 pm »
Don't really get that bothered about kits anymore, but after seeing it on Sunday on the players, have to say it's fucking awful.

Looks cheap and nasty and the colour is horrific. Looks orange if anything! Comfortably the worst one for years.

You might be colour blind  :o

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26125 on: May 22, 2024, 02:53:56 pm »

Yay 😁 shit kits are the best
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline kellan

• Inventor of the most evil 'Stepping On Lego' curse. Cross her at your peril! Icelandic Pleasuredrone and a truly, unruly yet outrageous gem.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26126 on: May 22, 2024, 03:41:53 pm »
Does anyone know anywhere that would have the womens third kit for this season available?
Do you mean the kit in a women's size, or the kit as the women's team wear it with their own league font and patches?

If it's the latter you want, foudys.com do a print service where you mail them your shirt and they send it back with your personalisation, or there are a few places online that sell you the personalisation to put on the shirt yourself.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26127 on: May 22, 2024, 03:52:52 pm »

I don't buy kits for me, but the shirts do need to be decent enough that supporters want to buy them, if its putting people off and won't buy them and this affects our income, then its detrimental to us as a club. I'm buying my youngest a genuine shirt this season and he doesn't want the home, he's 13 going on 14 and he hates the home kit - if the away he has seen is what gets released, he'll have that, otherwise he doesn't want one. Thats what £80 being lost?

Jurgen YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26128 on: May 22, 2024, 04:18:27 pm »
i don't really think adidas are going to do *that* much better for us, unless they give us the Arsenal design team who release about 20 kits a season. Nike's training wear is way better generally. as high as Nike's prices are, there's also usually more discounts/deals to be had if you're not needing to buy things 'right away'

If we do move to Adidas, I hope they make sure they use the 'deep' sexy red that New Balance used for a bit. would also love them to 'retro' some of the old style jackets that adidas are famed for. nike attempted it, but the execution wasn't amazing.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 04:28:35 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #26129 on: May 22, 2024, 04:36:14 pm »
Do you mean the kit in a women's size, or the kit as the women's team wear it with their own league font and patches?

If it's the latter you want, foudys.com do a print service where you mail them your shirt and they send it back with your personalisation, or there are a few places online that sell you the personalisation to put on the shirt yourself.

Sorry, I did mean the third kit in women's sizes :)

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #26130 on: May 22, 2024, 04:53:58 pm »
Looks orange if anything!

New boss making his mark already? They'll be serving up stamppot in the Kirby canteen next.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26131 on: May 22, 2024, 05:08:46 pm »
New boss making his mark already? They'll be serving up stamppot in the Kirby canteen next.

Kirkby  ;)

* Always pissed me off when I lived there and people put Kirby on our address
Jurgen YNWA

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26132 on: May 22, 2024, 05:52:40 pm »
Kirkby  ;)

* Always pissed me off when I lived there and people put Kirby on our address

Sorry! I do know the difference - I knew a young lady from West Kirby once…

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #26133 on: May 22, 2024, 06:20:22 pm »
i don't really think adidas are going to do *that* much better for us, unless they give us the Arsenal design team who release about 20 kits a season. Nike's training wear is way better generally. as high as Nike's prices are, there's also usually more discounts/deals to be had if you're not needing to buy things 'right away'

If we do move to Adidas, I hope they make sure they use the 'deep' sexy red that New Balance used for a bit. would also love them to 'retro' some of the old style jackets that adidas are famed for. nike attempted it, but the execution wasn't amazing.

There is a yellow one from the mid-80s that I would absolutely pay cash money for.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26134 on: May 22, 2024, 07:36:26 pm »
There is a yellow one from the mid-80s that I would absolutely pay cash money for.

This one?

Jurgen YNWA

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26135 on: May 22, 2024, 08:07:03 pm »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26136 on: May 22, 2024, 08:50:15 pm »
My first kit that!

Boss kit, I loved the yellow kits - the one we wore in the 79 FA Cup semi is the first time I can remember seeing us in all yellow

This is the first kit I can remember having

Jurgen YNWA

Offline Lad

• Legacy Fan
  • Press your space face close to mine love.
« Reply #26137 on: May 22, 2024, 08:54:59 pm »
Boss kit, I loved the yellow kits - the one we wore in the 79 FA Cup semi is the first time I can remember seeing us in all yellow

This is the first kit I can remember having

That yellow kit was specially made for that game I think. For some reason both teams played in a change kit and as our white and black one was the same as theirs we chose to use a yellow one. Happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26138 on: May 22, 2024, 09:13:03 pm »
That yellow kit was specially made for that game I think. For some reason both teams played in a change kit and as our white and black one was the same as theirs we chose to use a yellow one. Happy to be corrected if I'm mistaken.

That's my recollection of it too. I was in the car with my Dad in Fazackerley listening to the game on Radio City and they said we were playing all in yellow.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2024, 09:22:23 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen YNWA

Offline PeterTheRed ...

• Edgelord. Fabrizio Romanovic, Tancredi Palmerovic, Christian Falkovic, Duncan Castlovic, Jan Aage Fjortovic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26139 on: May 22, 2024, 09:13:44 pm »

The best fake yellow shirt ever.

I must still have it somewhere, even though there is no chance I could fit into it these days ...

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #26140 on: May 23, 2024, 12:16:58 pm »
This one?

No, the jacket - this one

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #26141 on: May 23, 2024, 12:19:53 pm »
Was reading something about Blackburn Rovers yesterday and thinking it was a shame that their nice shirt was ruined by such a crap sponsor logo, at least ours is aesthetically decent and not something like a gambling company (yes yes finance is a form of gambling)

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26142 on: May 23, 2024, 12:25:19 pm »

Don't remember that at all.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #26143 on: May 23, 2024, 12:27:00 pm »
It's entirely possible it's a knockoff, as I've only seen it for sale on Vinted etc. Rather like those 'concept kits' you get on the likes of DHGate based on leaked designs that turn out to be inaccurate.

Still really like it, though.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #26144 on: May 23, 2024, 01:00:21 pm »
Yeah I only remember the white version of that with the red and silver stripes. Coincided with the silver away kits didn’t it - late 80s and 89/90. We didn’t have a yellow kit at that time.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 01:47:12 pm by Crosby Nick »

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26145 on: May 23, 2024, 01:46:22 pm »
My first kit that!

Mine too! Got the full kit for Christmas, can't remember exactly when but I'm thinking 1982. Does that sound right?

Odd thing is I don't remember specifically asking for the away kit so I'm surprised that's what my parents opted for. Maybe the home kit wasn't available.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #26146 on: May 23, 2024, 01:49:39 pm »
I don't buy kits for me, but the shirts do need to be decent enough that supporters want to buy them, if its putting people off and won't buy them and this affects our income, then its detrimental to us as a club. I'm buying my youngest a genuine shirt this season and he doesn't want the home, he's 13 going on 14 and he hates the home kit - if the away he has seen is what gets released, he'll have that, otherwise he doesn't want one. Thats what £80 being lost?

Always wonder just how much they make as a club from shirt sales, simply because they are so expensive and there's that many knock offs flying about?

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #26147 on: May 23, 2024, 01:59:39 pm »

The best fake yellow shirt ever.

I must still have it somewhere, even though there is no chance I could fit into it these days ...
Ive got that top brand new. Never worn it

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #26148 on: May 23, 2024, 02:00:55 pm »
Few years back i bought a yellow adidas kit from one of those fake websites, It was rumoured it was gonna be the away kit but ,wasnt. Think it was the last year under Kenny. Still got it brand new in a drawer somewhere  :P

Heres a pic anyhoo. Looks a lot like the new 3rd

[img width= height= alt=liverpool-away-shirt-2010-2011" border="0]https://i.ibb.co/Ld99Mdg/liverpool-away-shirt-2010-2011.jpg[/img]
Image" border="0
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 02:22:00 pm by Sir Capon of Debaser »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26149 on: May 23, 2024, 05:18:13 pm »
Always wonder just how much they make as a club from shirt sales, simply because they are so expensive and there's that many knock offs flying about?

According to UEFA, for 22/23 we made £80million in royalties from Nike out of the total of £113million in sales

No surprise, ADFC was HALF of what we made - cheating c*nts
Jurgen YNWA

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26150 on: May 23, 2024, 05:19:31 pm »
Mine too! Got the full kit for Christmas, can't remember exactly when but I'm thinking 1982. Does that sound right?

Odd thing is I don't remember specifically asking for the away kit so I'm surprised that's what my parents opted for. Maybe the home kit wasn't available.

1982-1984 I think that kit was
Jurgen YNWA

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #26151 on: May 23, 2024, 05:32:37 pm »

Back then Pinks an yellows an all the girlie colours was all in for lads and other bright colours .  Lacoste , le shark and Ben Sherman polos/ oxfords in pinks , lime greens, sky blues, odd socks on neon yellow n pink and green. White tennis shorts an a lacoste polo was all the rage so ya mam probably wanted ya to look nice an colourful for the summer. Before ya got ya Easter clothes an ya bucks skin white shoes to set properly off ya outfit. You must’ve looked fucking gorgeous with all them bright colours and ya George Hamilton suave summer Bootle tan . I know I did
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 05:43:23 pm by Sir Capon of Debaser »

Offline smutchin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26152 on: May 23, 2024, 05:49:12 pm »
Back then Pinks an yellows an all the girlie colours was all in for lads and other bright colours .  Lacoste , le shark and Ben Sherman polos/ oxfords in pinks , lime greens, sky blues, odd socks on neon yellow n pink and green. White tennis shorts an a lacoste polo was all the rage so ya mam probably wanted ya to look nice an colourful for the summer. Before ya got ya Easter clothes an ya bucks skin white shoes to set properly off ya outfit. You must’ve looked fucking gorgeous with all them bright colours and ya George Hamilton suave summer Bootle tan . I know I did

Yeah, that'll be it.  ;D

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #26153 on: May 23, 2024, 08:43:41 pm »

Did we ever have a jacket like that? I remember a white one from the late 80s, early 90s, but I don't remember us ever wearing a yellow version. By the time we were wearing tracksuit jackets in that style, our away kit was grey, not yellow. That looks like a fake to me.

Offline flyingcod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Barry Davies: "It's the old, old story yet again."
« Reply #26154 on: May 23, 2024, 08:52:04 pm »
I think I'd employ the people that make the fake stuff over Nike's current kit ideas people.  ;D

fc
Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt - Bill Shankly

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #26155 on: May 23, 2024, 08:54:09 pm »
Did we ever have a jacket like that? I remember a white one from the late 80s, early 90s, but I don't remember us ever wearing a yellow version. By the time we were wearing tracksuit jackets in that style, our away kit was grey, not yellow. That looks like a fake to me.
I just spotted this one online...

https://www.classicfootballshirts.co.uk/2007-08-liverpool-adidas-originals-track-jacket-810-l-livj07w53ft.html

And this...

https://www.ebay.it/itm/305298467796
« Last Edit: May 23, 2024, 08:57:33 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline fridgepants

• Main Stander
« Reply #26156 on: May 24, 2024, 10:36:32 am »

I think there are a lot of people who don't know the knock-offs exist, or do but not where to get them. Or don't feel comfortable using sites like DHGate, never mind the rep sites that look entirely like something designed to get your card cloned.

I see lots of them (for all clubs) on eBay and Vinted, at a high mark-up, on listings that would make you believe they were genuine if you didn't know - that annoys me, because it's really shady -  someone's gran or auntie buying one for a present doesn't know that £30 for a shirt is too cheap and thinks they're getting the real thing.

Offline Paul JH

• Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #26157 on: May 24, 2024, 01:37:23 pm »
According to UEFA, for 22/23 we made £80million in royalties from Nike out of the total of £113million in sales

No surprise, ADFC was HALF of what we made - cheating c*nts

Amazed they havn't spun it that they sold more shirts than any other club in the Universe.

Offline Jayoldbigears

• Boys Pen
« Reply #26158 on: May 24, 2024, 03:57:16 pm »
Cant wait for Adidas to take over
Start designing great strips again
Get Nike out.
But know doubt the prices will not change.
Havnt bought A strip since Nike took charge
Would rather have Retro strips far better

Offline Lisan Al Gaib

• Anny Roader
  • Lead them to Paradise
« Reply #26159 on: May 24, 2024, 06:00:32 pm »
Cant wait for Adidas to take over
Start designing great strips again
Get Nike out.
But know doubt the prices will not change.
Havnt bought A strip since Nike took charge
Would rather have Retro strips far better

Yeah all those great Adidas kits will be amazing. Like the Arsenal goalkeeper kit for next season

Which is completely different from Bayern Munich's goalkeeper kit for next season, honest

Lets not pretend Adidas will be any different to Nike.