Author Topic: New Kit thread  (Read 3600622 times)

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
Re: New Kit thread
« Reply #11200 on: January 9, 2019, 02:42:36 pm »
I know Hashtag United broadcast exclusively through YT, or they did anyway but to see them above AC and the lines of Roma and PSV, etc is mad.

PS: Moracambe above AC and Roma lol - go on The Shrimps!

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #11201 on: January 9, 2019, 03:47:12 pm »
I know Hashtag United broadcast exclusively through YT, or they did anyway but to see them above AC and the lines of Roma and PSV, etc is mad.

PS: Moracambe above AC and Roma lol - go on The Shrimps!

When you said Hashtag United, I assumed you were talking about Manchester Untied, so didn't know why you thought they would be lower.

But that chart must be wrong...where are Everton?
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #11202 on: January 9, 2019, 04:04:32 pm »
When you said Hashtag United, I assumed you were talking about Manchester Untied, so didn't know why you thought they would be lower.

But that chart must be wrong...where are Everton?

Youtube must have been down in the County Road / Rhyl areas in December?
« Last Edit: January 9, 2019, 04:07:02 pm by Son of Spion »
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11203 on: January 9, 2019, 04:24:44 pm »
The reason Morecambe are on there is for this video they posted last month that currently has 1.4 million views.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Txu02Ra9sas" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Txu02Ra9sas</a>
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11204 on: January 12, 2019, 01:59:28 pm »
Seeing that everyone loves looking to the past when new kits are designed...  :P

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11205 on: January 12, 2019, 02:09:09 pm »
I would buy that

Offline I've been a good boy

• "There are two ways of spreading light; to be the candle or the mirror that receives it." Loves a good set of open flaps. And a bowl of Coco Poops! No chance of getting a coffee in his house.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11206 on: January 12, 2019, 02:10:14 pm »
Mr Bean approves

Offline vagabond

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11207 on: January 12, 2019, 02:37:48 pm »
Sometimes a man stands up during supper
and walks outdoors, and keeps on walking,
because of a church that stands somewhere in the East.
---Rilke

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11208 on: January 12, 2019, 04:52:28 pm »
Seriously?  ???

I was trying to make the most awful shirt I could.

Offline Raaphael

• A fucking embarrassment. Hot 4 Andrew Tate. Works out so beware wokies
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yeah? Well fuck you too Greta Gerwig
« Reply #11209 on: January 13, 2019, 01:56:23 pm »
If Nike, I'd like something like this:

Based on the old Umbro/Hitachi shirts

But we'd probably get something more like this:

Love these.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #11210 on: January 13, 2019, 02:06:59 pm »
When's the deal with Standard Chartered ending?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #11211 on: January 13, 2019, 07:07:59 pm »
When's the deal with Standard Chartered ending?

We renewed it last year and it currently runs until the end of the 2022/23 season (at least that's what Google told me).

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11212 on: January 13, 2019, 07:17:27 pm »
I can see Nike making a move for us with City now with Puma, and them having only Chelsea and Tottenham in England [from the ''bigger'' sides]

Offline macca007

• Legacy Fan

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11215 on: January 14, 2019, 02:22:14 pm »
was looking through the club shop site there. fella on right looks like Salah after an electric shock

Offline Caston

• Castoff, Knitone, Purlone
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11216 on: January 14, 2019, 02:23:01 pm »
hmmm thought it had another season to run

Yeah end of 19/20 season it finishes

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #11217 on: January 14, 2019, 05:08:35 pm »
We’d have announced a new deal by now if it was up at the end of this season. Plus believe Pearce confirmed it ended in 2020.

Offline Ycuzz

• of the wonderful things he does! I've soiled myself..
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11218 on: January 14, 2019, 05:41:42 pm »
@Yvanicuzz

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11219 on: January 15, 2019, 09:30:54 am »
We’d have announced a new deal by now if it was up at the end of this season. Plus believe Pearce confirmed it ended in 2020.
the same site above said not so long ago 2020 as well. wouldnt get sources from that

Crabman?

haha the very man

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #11220 on: January 16, 2019, 08:07:18 am »
Must be really hard for families with young kids who want names on the shirts, actually would be hard for me too, so many good players to pick from.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11221 on: January 16, 2019, 09:59:57 am »
Must be really hard for families with young kids who want names on the shirts, actually would be hard for me too, so many good players to pick from.
havent got one since Torres. 07-8 jersies i had him, Hyypia and Carragher. never got one again

Offline Uncle Ronnie

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11222 on: January 16, 2019, 10:43:53 am »

If we win the league I'll be buying my son the new shirt with 'Champions 19', which is great as it works on 2 levels. Or with Henderson on the back as he's the title winning captain.

Kid's only 2 so he doesn't get a say anyway!

Offline dosx

• Kopite
  • This is Anfield
    • LFC
« Reply #11223 on: January 16, 2019, 11:50:39 pm »
If Nike, I'd like something like this:

Based on the old Umbro/Hitachi shirts

But we'd probably get something more like this:

Similar template

🔥97🔥

Offline Claude Cat

• Sworn Enemy of Pawed Dog!
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #11224 on: January 17, 2019, 02:12:52 am »
A definite complaint about NB is their level of production. I don't know if it's on purpose to make them more valuable/have people buy them quicker, but our kits sell out like crazy and it's anyone's guess when they'll come back, if ever.

Last year's was obviously overwhelmingly popular and this year's hasn't been in stock for months now either. I'd understand them discontinuing them in March/April time with the new kits coming out, but this year's has been sold out since around October. Never see this happen with adidas or Nike :butt

Offline BrandoLFC

• Should probably bugger off to Tetiaroa like his namesake did with no access to a telly or the Internet.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11225 on: January 17, 2019, 05:10:08 am »
A definite complaint about NB is their level of production. I don't know if it's on purpose to make them more valuable/have people buy them quicker, but our kits sell out like crazy and it's anyone's guess when they'll come back, if ever.

Last year's was obviously overwhelmingly popular and this year's hasn't been in stock for months now either. I'd understand them discontinuing them in March/April time with the new kits coming out, but this year's has been sold out since around October. Never see this happen with adidas or Nike :butt

Will agree with this.  Was way too slow on getting the Purple kit, now its seemingly is gone forever.  /cry

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11226 on: January 17, 2019, 08:53:03 am »
legitimate complaint about them alright

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11227 on: January 17, 2019, 10:02:13 am »

I agree, even the training gear etc they seem to take forever to restock (if at all). Been wanting those maroon training tops for ages but they've not come back in about 3 months. Annoying as the rest of the training gear isn't really for me. Just want something nice to wear to the gym ffs  :butt :D
YNWA.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11228 on: January 17, 2019, 10:16:22 am »
I agree, even the training gear etc they seem to take forever to restock (if at all). Been wanting those maroon training tops for ages but they've not come back in about 3 months. Annoying as the rest of the training gear isn't really for me. Just want something nice to wear to the gym ffs  :butt :D
there was some top they had last year

i mentioned it a few times here. out of stock by september, came back briefly before xmas and then was gone again

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11229 on: January 19, 2019, 02:35:38 am »
Will agree with this.  Was way too slow on getting the Purple kit, now its seemingly is gone forever. /cry

When I read this post I thought, no, that can't be right. Then I goes into the official store in L1 today and my god, you are so right. All they had in the purple were kids sizes and just three, seemingly oversized, adult tops.  :o

Then I also recalled being in Sports Direct a number of times recently and finding this season's LFC kit to be pretty scarce there too.

A while back I bought one of those maroon training tops as soon as I saw it. I'm glad I did, because they went like hot cakes and I've not seen them since.
I assume this is the top RainbowFlick also mentioned.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline CentenaryBoy

• Kopite
  • JFT97
« Reply #11230 on: January 19, 2019, 02:51:46 am »
When I read this post I thought, no, that can't be right. Then I goes into the official store in L1 today and my god, you are so right. All they had in the purple were kids sizes and just three, seemingly oversized, adult tops.  :o

Then I also recalled being in Sports Direct a number of times recently and finding this season's LFC kit to be pretty scarce there too.

A while back I bought one of those maroon training tops as soon as I saw it. I'm glad I did, because they went like hot cakes and I've not seen them since.
I assume this is the top RainbowFlick also mentioned.

The club's retail side has always been poor. Every season they run out of stuff almost as soon as it's released. The club play up the fact that they've got control of their stores etc, as part of the kit deal with New Balance, yet their stores are never properly stocked. I'm sure the club is missing out on loads of potential revenue as a result. Part of me thinks it would be better if Nike or Adidas or someone took over the retail side, and hopefully do a better and more professional job in the process.

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11231 on: January 19, 2019, 03:16:36 am »
The club's retail side has always been poor. Every season they run out of stuff almost as soon as it's released. The club play up the fact that they've got control of their stores etc, as part of the kit deal with New Balance, yet their stores are never properly stocked. I'm sure the club is missing out on loads of potential revenue as a result. Part of me thinks it would be better if Nike or Adidas or someone took over the retail side, and hopefully do a better and more professional job in the process.

I'd say you are almost certainly correct there. While I was in the L1 store today I overheard a member of staff telling a potential customer that they didn't have in the item they wanted. It seems ridiculous that people are willing to fork out for over-priced goods yet they cannot do so due to lack of stock. Foreign visitors to the stores in town virtually throw money at the club, so you'd think the stock would be there to satisfy demand. Otherwise, aren't the club just shooting themselves in the foot?

I know my next point is highly subjective and little more than a personal taste issue, but I'm not sure that much of the stuff we sell in our stores is that good really. Many of the designs are absolutely terrible. There are certain things I'd love to buy if they had a tasteful LFC styling to them, but a lot of what's on offer is gaudy and a bit naff. It's all over-priced, and I know that goes with the territory with football merch, but you don't mind so much if it's classy and tasteful. I just feel that whoever designs for us gets it wrong more than they get it right. Others may well disagree, of course...

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #11232 on: January 19, 2019, 10:59:38 am »
Hold on. Can you seriously not buy the home kit at the moment?
What the fuck is that!
It regularly gets mentioned as an example of our previous naivety that the day after Istanbul the club shop was closed, but we're in the middle of a title challenge at the moment and you can't buy the fucking kit??
« Last Edit: January 19, 2019, 11:04:05 am by actwithoutwords »

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #11233 on: January 19, 2019, 11:05:59 am »
If you go to the official club shop online it says: Last chance 18/19 home kit! This cant be true? It is only January.

Offline actwithoutwords

• postswithoutreading
  • Kopite
« Reply #11234 on: January 19, 2019, 11:08:54 am »
If you go to the official club shop online it says: Last chance 18/19 home kit! This cant be true? It is only January.
When you click on it, the normal home isn't even there!

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #11235 on: January 19, 2019, 11:11:57 am »
When you click on it, the normal home isn't even there!

Haha wtf, if NB cant resupply the club store with new kits in the run in I am at a loss for words really.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #11236 on: January 19, 2019, 11:15:26 am »
Just had a quick look at the online store, mens home shirt you can only buy the long sleeve european version in XXL or XXXL, of the Purple away kit only the shorts are in stock, you can buy the mens 3rd kit, seems to be the same this stage every season, the club shop & online store has no stock in of the sizes you want, i couldn't get the Orange shirt in my size beyond November last season when i had the money to buy a shirt, very poor.
#Sausages

Offline LFCEmpire

• Legacy Fan
  • Icelandic Kopite
« Reply #11237 on: January 19, 2019, 11:30:00 am »
Just had a quick look at the online store, mens home shirt you can only buy the long sleeve european version in XXL or XXXL, of the Purple away kit only the shorts are in stock, you can buy the mens 3rd kit, seems to be the same this stage every season, the club shop & online store has no stock in of the sizes you want, i couldn't get the Orange shirt in my size beyond November last season when i had the money to buy a shirt, very poor.

Very poor indeed, the club is definitely losing big money because of this.

Offline MULLENEDWINE

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11238 on: January 19, 2019, 12:08:30 pm »
Ordered my lad (7) the home kit on sportsdirect before christmas. Never came til Jan 9th. Took him to club shop in Chester. Had to buy euro shirt in the end which was £60. £60 for a fucking kids shirt. Then £20 shorts socks a tenner. Salah on the back tenner. Its getting mad. My dad always got me snide tops when I was a kid and I see why now.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #11239 on: January 19, 2019, 07:53:25 pm »
Haha wtf, if NB cant resupply the club store with new kits in the run in I am at a loss for words really.

Why?

Makes no difference which Brand label we have--NB--Nike--Adidas.

When anything gets added to the product line, it is run as a one time production run based on the order given.

You don't go back to the supplier and ask for more. First, they don't have production time to just pop in a new run of something. Second, there's lead time on the fabric. Third, then shipping time by ocean container for delivery ( the club aren't going to pay express air freight for stock )

For quality control the fabric is done at one time. This saves the slight differences in Red in our kit shirt for example. As some have commented the red in last seasons kit is slightly different than the Red in this seasons. Close but not the same.

As a club the last thing "we" want is major amounts of left over stock that needs to be deeply discounted to get rid.

Everyone knows we change Home, Away, and 3rd strip every season. No sense having loads left over come April-May when the new kits are being brought out.

The simple advice is, if you see something you want don't wait a long time to get it. The club aren't oblidged to keep stock all season long.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.