Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 733459 times)

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #2720 on: September 29, 2013, 12:38:21 pm »
No...it was not him...i believe it was a young player...Jones maybe...

Whoooooooooooooooossshhh!!!

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2721 on: September 29, 2013, 12:43:55 pm »
From Skysports article:  "I want to triumph in England," Suarez is quoted as saying in The Sun. ".  Presumably, this is just Skysports being c*nts as per usual and trying to make it look like he talked to the Sun?

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2722 on: September 29, 2013, 12:50:51 pm »
I'm glad Suarez is still here. He's a brilliant player and when we sell him it needs to be at a time that will benefit us.

When he does go though,  I hope he takes the super fans with him. Even the manc wums are less annoying than the Suarez plastic fan brigade and it's pretty clear many of them support the man, not the club.

This especially bloody annoying.

Offline Jizzinho

• Mr. Twanslatable methods
  • Main Stander
  • Ayre carumba!!!
« Reply #2723 on: September 29, 2013, 12:57:34 pm »
That's absolute nonsense. Bottom line is, that word even in Uruguay can be both offensive and a word of endearment. That is the reality. None of us know how Suarez really meant it unless we take his word for it. Unfortunately, he has already been proven that Suarez's word can't be taken for anything in the summer.

why is it nonsense? we're saying the same thing. In my example "Flower"can be either a term of endearment or abuse - or in this case, both simultaneously.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2724 on: September 29, 2013, 12:59:52 pm »

Whoooooooooooooooossshhh!!!
English is the lad's 2nd language. Far as I know, he could speak loads of them. But he's been more or less right, anyway. Luis is a brilliant footballer, probably the most exciting I've ever seen in our shirt after 50 years of watching us. So, I'm prepared to give them both a break. In fact, I hope Luis smiles into the camera on the way off the pitch, and bites and bursts his hat trick scoring keepsake ball this avvie.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline luckyluke

• A proponent of intercourse during accelerated perambulation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super bonanza extravaganza
« Reply #2725 on: September 29, 2013, 01:09:16 pm »
From Skysports article:  "I want to triumph in England," Suarez is quoted as saying in The Sun. ".  Presumably, this is just Skysports being c*nts as per usual and trying to make it look like he talked to the Sun?
He talked to the spanish ESPN, S*n qoute him like he gave an interview to them though. Pricks.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2726 on: September 29, 2013, 02:16:31 pm »
English is the lad's 2nd language. Far as I know, he could speak loads of them. But he's been more or less right, anyway. Luis is a brilliant footballer, probably the most exciting I've ever seen in our shirt after 50 years of watching us. So, I'm prepared to give them both a break. In fact, I hope Luis smiles into the camera on the way off the pitch, and bites and bursts his hat trick scoring keepsake ball this avvie.

O.k FS fair enough, maybe I was a little out of line with the whoooosh comment and I don't think I've seen anyone on here try and argue that Luis isn't anything but a brilliant footballer. What I do see on here though is people getting tired of U36 and a few others constantly trying to portray Suarez as an innocent victim in all that went on, when quite clearly he was far from that. The way he went about trying to engineer his move away was disrespectful to the club and the fans who stood by behind him when he was going through all that Evra shite and the biting incident. But as I've said earlier I'm prepared to forget all about that and move on as long as he tries his best(which I know he will) and keeps his trap shut.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2727 on: September 29, 2013, 02:27:34 pm »
O.k FS fair enough, maybe I was a little out of line with the whoooosh comment and I don't think I've seen anyone on here try and argue that Luis isn't anything but a brilliant footballer.

Suarez ain't making a difference to our form. Mark my words on that.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline PattoLFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2728 on: September 29, 2013, 02:33:06 pm »
He talked to the spanish ESPN, S*n qoute him like he gave an interview to them though. Pricks.

They do it with a lot of things. It's a surprise no-one has tried to sue them for stealing interviews for their own.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2729 on: September 29, 2013, 02:41:54 pm »

No point in judging footballers with your own loyalty and morality. They live on a different planet. Best just enjoy the lad while he's here, and forget it. I've seen some great players in me time. But there's really none that touch Luis for out and out excitment. People would get a cob on about that and start rattling off all the great names from our past. I seen them, an all. And I don't think any of them would feel disrespected by it. For out and out, out your seat, roaring, expecting and still being shocked, there's not many that can touch Luis. And as for if he's a prick or not, well, who am I to judge. I've seen legends do far worse than put in transfer requests after all the support we gave them.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2730 on: September 29, 2013, 02:51:03 pm »

Good grief. I stand corrected. Surely he's the only one though?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2731 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:19 pm »
No point in judging footballers with your own loyalty and morality. They live on a different planet. Best just enjoy the lad while he's here, and forget it. I've seen some great players in me time. But there's really none that touch Luis for out and out excitment. People would get a cob on about that and start rattling off all the great names from our past. I seen them, an all. And I don't think any of them would feel disrespected by it. For out and out, out your seat, roaring, expecting and still being shocked, there's not many that can touch Luis. And as for if he's a prick or not, well, who am I to judge. I've seen legends do far worse than put in transfer requests after all the support we gave them.

I'm not, he did what he did and I'm prepared to forget about it but, I'll never agree Luis is the victim in all this though. That my friend is a load of bollocks.

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2732 on: September 29, 2013, 02:54:33 pm »
Has Suarez got a Benjamin tattoo yet?

How elaborate will his hand-kissing goal celebration routine become?

Offline Number23

• Kopite
« Reply #2733 on: September 29, 2013, 02:57:55 pm »

Almost clicked "Report to Moderator" so I could report this as a brilliant post.
Death by football [Rodgers] said. Well and truly achieved. Now please leave.

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #2734 on: September 29, 2013, 03:04:03 pm »
Spot on Fats mate. I think most would agree that he's a huge asset for our team. There are a few extremists on each side who will point the finger and question peoples support. The whole 'you support Suarez fc' thing is tedious beyond belief. Uraguayan 36 has followed Suarez' whole career, he makes no secret of that fact and people still jump all over the guy accusing him of something he's never hidden, nor should he have to.
Most of the rest of us support liverpool fc. We want what's best for the team. Having one of the best players in the world in our team is good for liverpool fc. Im just not that offended that he wanted to go to a CL team this year. I certainly dont feel disrespected. I don't know, ive got actual things, in real life to worry about and I tend not to get pissed off by shite I read in the paper about how these multi millionaires try to improve their already impressive lots. Its like getting pissed off over dirty dens shenanigans in eastenders.
Im very happy we get to keep him for a while longer as I love to watch him play football for us.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2735 on: September 29, 2013, 03:14:33 pm »
Good grief. I stand corrected. Surely he's the only one though?
Back in the STFU days some fans made themselves feel better about the possibility of him leaving by swallowing the mantra that said we'd be a better team without him, usually pointing to our victorious run of games after his ban to feed such agenda, whilst at the same time ignoring the fact that it was the additions of Sturridge, Coutinho and the team's overall improved implementation of the manager's tactics that was behind our improved form; not the exclusion of Luis Suarez.

This x 10000000

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2736 on: September 29, 2013, 03:15:38 pm »
Luis is a brilliant footballer, probably the most exciting I've ever seen in our shirt after 50 years of watching us. So, I'm prepared to give them both a break.
Good stuff FS, these genius' don't come often.

Offline freddwarf

• Pub bore. See? See? I was right! Gerrard back in C/Mid! Told you all months ago! See? Listen to me! I'm always right! Chose accessorising over a European Final. Gave his wife the trousers.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2737 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:03 pm »
What is amazing is that he is still here and the story continues.

Love him or hate him you can never ignor him. I detect a slight sofening towards him,from the media, perhaps they are worried he'll go to Spain or wherever, and they'll have one less character to write about.

With Suarez anything can happen on or off the ball.

The media won't admit it but they love the bad boys...John McEnrow, Cantona, Alex Higgins, Etc. Suarez is right up their street. And he has the ability to match his reputation.

They'll pitch up at the Stadium of Light and record every movement Suarez makes, but you will see a slightly softer tone than their malicious mutterings of last season.

Offline Darth Red

• Kopite
« Reply #2738 on: September 29, 2013, 03:20:50 pm »
I'm not, he did what he did and I'm prepared to forget about it but, I'll never agree Luis is the victim in all this though. That my friend is a load of bollocks.
That is indeed a load of bollocks. Luis  must thick most fans are thick if he thought they would have fallen for that nonsense. Anyway, one more season, let's hope he doesn't give his media allies more reason to piss on the reputation of the club. Just focus on the goals - we could do with some of them today.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2739 on: September 29, 2013, 03:26:05 pm »
Don't get me wrong, I don't feel sympathy for fellas who are retired in their mid 30's with millions. I just find the English yardstick on morality rather comical. I don't mean yours personally. And I'd like to go on a bit about the media and a few other things, but I'm off the pub

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #2740 on: September 29, 2013, 03:41:47 pm »

A lot of sense squeezed into that post Fats. I'd probably want to add John Barnes who always managed to send the Kop two or three steps down every time the ball arrived at his feet.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2741 on: September 29, 2013, 03:44:38 pm »
Just got a feeling Luis is going to score today... :wave
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Offline pokhara80

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2742 on: September 29, 2013, 04:38:11 pm »
;D ;D ;D he just did

Offline rappcats

• Kopite
  • *random formation graph*
    • datebest.net - visit website and win smartphone!
« Reply #2743 on: September 29, 2013, 04:38:29 pm »

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2744 on: September 29, 2013, 06:20:57 pm »
Normal service is resumed.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2745 on: September 29, 2013, 06:24:04 pm »
For a second I thought that slip injured him badly and will be taken off. Fortunately it wasn't the case.
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2746 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:30 pm »
Looks a bit rusty when dribbling.
Just enough time to warm himself up before Coutinho returns.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2747 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:49 pm »
Where's that genius LFC for life today?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2748 on: September 29, 2013, 06:25:51 pm »
Suarez ain't making a difference to our form. Mark my words on that.
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2749 on: September 29, 2013, 06:26:19 pm »
Incredible player and vital to us. Only the clueless cant see that.

Offline T. Finn

• Main Stander
« Reply #2750 on: September 29, 2013, 06:30:11 pm »
Love that he had 2 different t-shirts for each half and got to show off both of them  ;D

Online deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2751 on: September 29, 2013, 06:32:06 pm »
Glad he got off the mark early in his comeback. Still looks rusty, and still looks the best player on the pitch. If he maintains his form of last season, we have a real chance for 4th place this year.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2752 on: September 29, 2013, 06:34:02 pm »
Fuck it, I love him again but then I'm a fickle bastard.

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #2753 on: September 29, 2013, 06:37:05 pm »
C'mon Suarez, you're 3 off the PL top scorer, who incidentally is Sturridge  ;D.
If we can keep both these lads healthy, we'll have 2 of the top 3 scorers in the league this season I think, its very possible.

Great desire from Suarez all game, and he still looks a bit rusty. He's going to have a field day against palace methinks. Terrific player, so glad we kept him. This is the guy to get us to 4th.

Also, I've suddenly forgotten about the summer today, and I love Suarez (well only 20% of what I did pre summer, but still fucking remarkable the difference 2 goals and a boss performance can make)
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline JackWard33

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • President of the Harry Wilson fanclub
« Reply #2754 on: September 29, 2013, 06:40:48 pm »
The one thing that stands between him and truly being one of the best in the world (and I think he's a notch below despite being a fantastic player) is knowing when to try and beat a man and when to hold it up and just lay it off

Having said that even when not fully fit his runs/movement are a joy and make us a totally different proposition as an attacking team

Offline Sat1

• Banned
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2755 on: September 29, 2013, 06:45:11 pm »
He is one of the best in the world

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2756 on: September 29, 2013, 06:47:58 pm »
Hard not to adore him. What a player.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2757 on: September 29, 2013, 06:50:41 pm »
He insulted our club and the fans who had stuck by him through all the trouble he'd had in England by telling anyone who would listen to him(mostly through interviews) that he wanted to leave. Most of us understood he wanted CL and if he'd gone about it quietly, I don't think there would of been that much of a problem. It was the way he went about trying to get his move away with grated people so much. It felt like a right slap in the face after everything that had gone on.

Nail on the Head.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2758 on: September 29, 2013, 06:54:49 pm »
Where's that genius LFC for life today?

probably at sunderland where were you?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2759 on: September 29, 2013, 06:56:03 pm »
The one thing that stands between him and truly being one of the best in the world (and I think he's a notch below despite being a fantastic player) is knowing when to try and beat a man and when to hold it up and just lay it off

Having said that even when not fully fit his runs/movement are a joy and make us a totally different proposition as an attacking team

Madness to think he isn't one of the best in the world.