Author Topic: Luis Alberto Suárez Díaz - 17 goals & X assists worth of 'I told you so'  (Read 732644 times)

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
Re: Luis Suarez - my flawed hero
« Reply #2600 on: September 27, 2013, 09:34:52 am »

He's an absolute superb footballer, but his actions as a man are well short of what most footballers would be ordinarily allowed to get away with, and it's only his brilliance on the football pitch which brings the tolerance he's received.

Still - He's a footballer at Liverpool football club, our best one at that - he'll get the support on the pitch all players in a red shirt do - but most know he can also be a quite unsavoury character when he chooses to be.
Problem there genius is you are mistaking your morality. What you call actions of a man are footballing related things he has done. All accounts of him off the pitch have him as a very moral person. No shagging brothers wife or granny prostitutes, no dogging, no wifebeating, no beating strangers up for any reason, no actual career harming tackles ever, just a bloody little bite that did not break skin. Stupid in the heat of the moment, ill advised in his club loyalty, but not a bastard like so many players off the field. A good man, a crafty footballer- that whole ethos driven by an overwhelming desire to win, in the game. On all the evidence it looks to me like the media hang him for being a foreigner, without ever saying it, as all the above are real things amongst feted British players, held up as heroes. I know who I would rather befriend on all the evidence.

On a personal note, I would much rather one of my mates or brothers bit my arm than fucked my wife.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:40:24 am by markedasred »
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2601 on: September 27, 2013, 10:06:52 am »
Ivanovic is not the first person he's tried to bite...

He's a 26 year old adult, attempting to bite somebody else, the guy can be a total twat... if i walked upto somebody on the street and tried to bite them i'd end up at the nick.

For me theres two sides to Suarez, the football and the personality, one a like, the other i don't.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2602 on: September 27, 2013, 10:37:46 am »
People in England would never understand that will call negro o negra
I lived in California. I used to play football for a Mexican team. To this day, I'm the only Gringo they ever had playing for them. They asked me to play for them. I took it as a great compliment. I still do. But the truth is, I was in my mid 30's, past my sell by date and down to kicking lumps out of people. That's why they asked me to play for them. Even the goalie thought he was Maradona. So, they stuck me in the middle of the feild and they called me, "El Hooligan."

I loved it. I have friends from all over South America. I know they say Negro, and Negrito. I used to get called it. My best mate from Chile, used to call me "Citas." If he said that here, they'd think we were, how do you say it in a pc manner... Gay?

Personally I just found it dead funny. And if I could, I'd take myself and all my family back there tomorrow. In fact, my mate has bought land in Chile and when he retires in America, he's going home. He got a deal off the Chilean government... he could have the land for next to fuck all, if he built six houses on it. I've seen it. It's gorgeous, looks a bit like Southern California. He's said, I can have one of the houses when it's all done. It's a pipe dream. It will never happen. But if I had the dough, me, my wife, kids and grandkids would join him his wife and his tribe. And I'd happily go watch Colo-Colo or someone, and happilly be called Citas, Negro, Negrita, A big fat Scouse kunt, whatever.

So, yeah. Some of us do know.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #2603 on: September 27, 2013, 10:43:18 am »
Once he's gone we'll have 3 or 4 new decent players to replace him (the Aspasses and Moseses of this world) and zero world class ones.  But hey, the new ones will be good lads with sound morals, and that's value right there!

Grow up.

Let's just use examples of players who haven't hit it off for us yet and ignore the ones who have. How about we replace him with three or four Coutinhos and Sturridges. No? Not work like that?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #2604 on: September 27, 2013, 11:02:17 am »
Grow up.

Let's just use examples of players who haven't hit it off for us yet and ignore the ones who have. How about we replace him with three or four Coutinhos and Sturridges. No? Not work like that?
It's a simple game of probabilities, Suarez is say in the top 10 players in world football. We sell him then we'd be down to buy potential because realistically none of that top ten would want to come to us.

As much as I love Phil he's still potential, Daniel is a bit more proven but nowhere near the levels of Suarez. If he was that easy to replace he'd be gone just like Adam, Carroll, Downing, etc.

"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Haemoglobin

• The Phantom Drive-By Dunker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nunca Caminarás Solo
« Reply #2605 on: September 27, 2013, 12:48:24 pm »
Re the bites, if you had a prodigious set of gnashers on yer like our Luis does, could you discipline yourself not to unleash such deadly weapons when your family's honour was impugned? Could you?

Ivanovic: I not let you score at corner. You are toothy hispanic bastard. Your mother is rubbish bag woman.
Suarez: *Rage virus*
"under-promise and over-deliver"

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2606 on: September 27, 2013, 12:54:17 pm »
Loved the cheeky call at Giggs to leave the ball, then Giggs complaining to the Ref, I wonder what he said to make him leave it did he put on a manc accent?

"Hey, Geegsey, leeve.. ees.. uh.. ees Pheel Yones".

Master of deception.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Today's newspaper, tomorrow's chip paper
« Reply #2607 on: September 27, 2013, 01:00:13 pm »
No doubt, that Uruguayans use the word in an endearing way, but it can also be used offensively. Only person who truly knows which way he meant it was Suarez. Acting like any of us really know which way he meant it in, is just being biased.
Which is why the absolutely emphatic condemnation of him by the FA, media and majority of the country was and is wrong.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

And then we'll get 4th as well and everyone in the whole world can do one.

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2608 on: September 27, 2013, 01:09:54 pm »
Grow up.

If it's that easy to sign "3 or 4 Coutinho's and Sturridges" then sign them, keep the Suarezes, Coutinhos and Sturridges we already have, and start competing for big trophies again. Much as I am willing to give the lads a chance, Aspases, Iloris and Albertos could have been 2 Coutinhos and Sturridges (if its that easy) and we should be doing it.

Fact is, Coutinho and Sturridge in one month for 20M is Liverpool's best transfer window in almost a decade, and its not because we haven't spent any money in that time. Coutinho and Sturridge both came with some risk attached and have worked out (so far). Other players will come with risk and not work at all. It's the nature of footbal transfers, and I would suggest getting two really good players at 20M is more a case of random clustering than anything else..

It's not easy to get great players for 10M, especially without European Cup Football, so holding on to the ones you've got, if you can, makes some sense.
"You just have to give them credit for not throwing in the towel" - Gennaro Gattuso, May, 2005

Offline Red number seven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2609 on: September 27, 2013, 01:20:21 pm »
Ivanovic is not the first person he's tried to bite...

He's a 26 year old adult, attempting to bite somebody else, the guy can be a total twat... if i walked upto somebody on the street and tried to bite them i'd end up at the nick.
If you didn't cause even a scratch? Unlikely. However, if you regularly elbowed people in the face on the street, you'd just as soon find yourself in front of the beak, yet Marouane Fellaini walks free. Let's not pretend what happens on a football pitch is legally or morally equivalent to what happens on the street.

For me theres two sides to Suarez, the football and the personality, one a like, the other i don't.
That's your call. Given (I assume) you don't know him it's based on very limited information and, probably, the influence of a huge media campaign against him. I would say he has done a couple of very stupid things on a football pitch and a few episodes of gamesmanship borne out of a will to win in a 9 year professional career, and has behaved badly in trying to secure a move to enhance his career - otherwise to my knowledge, he is absolutely squeaky clean.

Do I like him as a human being? Don't know him, don't really care.

Offline awiin

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2610 on: September 27, 2013, 02:04:11 pm »
RT @URUGUAY_SOCCER: Benjamin Suarez, the son of @luis16suarez is born, congratulations !! to Luis and his family.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #2611 on: September 27, 2013, 02:06:03 pm »
People in England would never understand that will call negro o negra as well to those people we love most...our mothers...our wives...our friends...our kids...our girlfriends...

Suarez could have called negro to somebody who is not his friend and is abusing him: Negro no me rompas las pelotas= Negro stop busting my ba...
That is not mean to be racist...that is the way we talk everyday.

This song is called Negra Maria...and the singer is the spanish artist Maria Dolores Pradera...please enjoy it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OhoBg5C5SN8

however when in rome covers it unless he is using didnt understand the different culture ticket, however he has bitten two players so that is cyclical.
i dont hate him i just do not want him here i would rather sell him and buy a few younger potential players and you know we might be one world star less but we might actually have a better team.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2612 on: September 27, 2013, 02:15:53 pm »
Congratulations to Suarez.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Bergersrightwingviews

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2613 on: September 27, 2013, 02:16:55 pm »
Sign him up immediately!
Roger Scruton was right about everything.

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2614 on: September 27, 2013, 02:21:57 pm »
however when in rome covers it unless he is using didnt understand the different culture ticket, however he has bitten two players so that is cyclical.
i dont hate him i just do not want him here i would rather sell him and buy a few younger potential players and you know we might be one world star less but we might actually have a better team.
Yes you've made your feelings about Suarez abdundantly clear numerous times. For those of us that don't have you on ignore it's becoming increasingly annoying and repetitive.

Turn it in now, there's a good chap.

« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 02:24:04 pm by Carlito Roberto »

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2615 on: September 27, 2013, 02:28:45 pm »
RT @URUGUAY_SOCCER: Benjamin Suarez, the son of @luis16suarez is born, congratulations !! to Luis and his family.

Congrats Luis and family. :)
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2616 on: September 27, 2013, 02:29:37 pm »
"Hey, Geegsey, leeve.. ees.. uh.. ees Pheel Yones".

Master of deception.

;D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2617 on: September 27, 2013, 02:30:01 pm »
Congratulations to Suarez and family! Here's a picture from the birth.

Offline HoinkDoink

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2618 on: September 27, 2013, 02:45:03 pm »
Congrats Luis and Sofia
Liverpool FC
Stop for the Klopp!

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=294839.0 - RAWK Soccer Manager Thread, Come Play

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2619 on: September 27, 2013, 02:51:40 pm »
Yes you've made your feelings about Suarez abdundantly clear numerous times. For those of us that don't have you on ignore it's becoming increasingly annoying and repetitive.

Turn it in now, there's a good chap.

as others have done so in a country with free speech, maybe ignore is your friend use it old chap.
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #2620 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:20 pm »
They must have known it was a boy. One of the pics he tweeted was his wife and girl wishing him Happy Father's Day, holding a piece of paper up with a message that ended 'love from Mom, Delfi and Benja'... #stalker

EDIT: Congrats, Luis!

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2621 on: September 27, 2013, 02:55:45 pm »
Problem there genius is you are mistaking your morality. What you call actions of a man are footballing related things he has done. All accounts of him off the pitch have him as a very moral person. No shagging brothers wife or granny prostitutes, no dogging, no wifebeating, no beating strangers up for any reason, no actual career harming tackles ever, just a bloody little bite that did not break skin. Stupid in the heat of the moment, ill advised in his club loyalty, but not a bastard like so many players off the field. A good man, a crafty footballer- that whole ethos driven by an overwhelming desire to win, in the game. On all the evidence it looks to me like the media hang him for being a foreigner, without ever saying it, as all the above are real things amongst feted British players, held up as heroes. I know who I would rather befriend on all the evidence.

On a personal note, I would much rather one of my mates or brothers bit my arm than fucked my wife.

I'm starting to change the way I think about the bloke and I think you're right.

Yes, he's selfish, he'll put his own feelings first.

To a degree thats fair enough although some more consideration could sometimes be taken for the people who have treated him right and supported him through tough times.

Also, you can't condone the controversies he's been involved in.  They're simply unacceptable in the game.  Debatable levels of punishments but punishments of some sort perhaps justifiable.

However, as you say, some perspective.  The media reaction Suarez gets for his misdemeanors are incredible when taken into consideration the actions of some other professional footballers at all levels, given the serious offences some have committed, and the completely immoral things others have done which are quite frankly disgusting.

They're on a different level to this fella completely.

I'm not bothered about him having undying love for the club or kissing the badge anymore.

I'm just bothered about having a player of his calibre here and giving his all on the pitch when he plays.

Can't have any complaints about him in that respect.

Delighted to have him back.

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2622 on: September 27, 2013, 03:15:17 pm »

Where was he born?

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2623 on: September 27, 2013, 03:36:39 pm »
Luis got a son?
YNWA

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2624 on: September 27, 2013, 03:40:01 pm »
Any LFC related anagrams for Benjamin?

Online The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2625 on: September 27, 2013, 04:34:43 pm »
Any LFC related anagrams for Benjamin?
no.

There's an Arsenal anagram in there somewhere though.

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2626 on: September 27, 2013, 04:46:29 pm »
One Benjamin Suarez anagram is "Jabs Manure Zen I" which seems weirdly appropriate.
However the clue is in the anagram "Zebras Main June" which means he is off in the summer to a team that plays in black and white stripes...
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

Online The 1989 Brit Awards

• He may be of thome aththithtanthe if there ith a thudden kwaithith!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2627 on: September 27, 2013, 05:05:42 pm »
One Benjamin Suarez anagram is "Jabs Manure Zen I" which seems weirdly appropriate.
However the clue is in the anagram "Zebras Main June" which means he is off in the summer to a team that plays in black and white stripes...
Notts?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #2628 on: September 27, 2013, 05:12:55 pm »
Was he born in Liverpool then?

Offline serpentnebula

• Main Stander
« Reply #2629 on: September 27, 2013, 05:23:52 pm »
I've seen a couple of tweets saying he was born in Uruguay. Not officially confirmed though.

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2630 on: September 27, 2013, 05:24:43 pm »
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Uruguayan36

• Loose Wires mouthpiece
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2631 on: September 27, 2013, 08:06:27 pm »
Benjamin is an English boy
http://www.tvshow.com.uy/farandula/nacio-benjamin-suarez-pichon-crack.html

Should Benjamin play for Uruguay or England in the future?
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 09:04:18 pm by Uruguayan36 »

Offline Sorted!!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bosso Ngenkani.
« Reply #2632 on: September 27, 2013, 09:04:23 pm »
A product of New Years Eve or the morning after.
We'll visit the Folies Bergeres,
They like to see the Scousers there,
The women are lovely with skin like a peach,
But no one can move it like Kenny Dalglish.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2633 on: September 27, 2013, 09:16:17 pm »
Luis got a son?
It'll be hilarious if he's black.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2634 on: September 27, 2013, 09:22:33 pm »
YNWA

Offline robertobaggio37

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • But we will conquer the ball, each fucking time.
« Reply #2635 on: September 27, 2013, 10:07:33 pm »
The biggest problem anywhere in the world is that people's perceptions of reality are filtered through the screening mesh of what they want, and do not want, to be true.

Offline JongWK

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2636 on: September 27, 2013, 10:24:40 pm »

Apparently yes.
"I look at him doing all sorts of crazy shit and mostly I burst out laughing at his insane genius.
I mean, if his first reaction to a ball bouncing in front of him 40 yards from goal is 'I'm going to whack this into the net from here', you just have to laugh at the sheer improbability of it all."
~~Ray K, on Luis Suarez (Liverpool 5 - Norwich 1)

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #2637 on: September 27, 2013, 10:25:18 pm »
I can already visualize Hodgson standing outside the hospital waiting to sign-up Benjamin to the England NT

Offline juan1001

• The Dumb One
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2638 on: September 28, 2013, 12:15:47 am »

Benjamin is going to grow up and hate his father. Touchstone is going to poison his mind. Poor Luis.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2639 on: September 28, 2013, 12:20:51 am »
Benjamin is going to grow up and hate his father. Touchstone is going to poison his mind. Poor Luis.

Obsessed much