Author Topic: RAWK preview - Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion 11 Feb 20:00  (Read 67637 times)

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: RAWK preview - Liverpool v West Bromwich Albion 11 Feb 20:00
« Reply #120 on: February 10, 2013, 04:32:57 pm »
"Liverpool are probably playing the best football in the Premier League."

nice quote, hopefully we can keep it up on monday.

Offline rewood

• Kopite
« Reply #121 on: February 10, 2013, 04:39:33 pm »
Don't know about anybody else, I'm fecked off with waiting for this one, and also the fact we have been on telly so much in recent months.  Alyways feels like we are playing catch up.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: February 10, 2013, 04:43:27 pm »
Don't know about anybody else, I'm fecked off with waiting for this one, and also the fact we have been on telly so much in recent months.  Alyways feels like we are playing catch up.

It's horrible, especially when everyone else wins so all you can do is equal the others anyway. Still, we'll play 2 games before every else plays again now so a chance to made the table look a lot better.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: February 10, 2013, 05:00:26 pm »
"Liverpool are probably playing the best football in the Premier League."

nice quote, hopefully we can keep it up on monday.

Quite a difference to some of our own supporters who regularly come on here and describe us as 'all over the shop'  8)
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2013, 05:02:33 pm »
No I won't. It's not about the money. It's about the mentality of "happy if we win, happy if we lose." And anyone with that mentality about our club, or come to think about it, any so called supporter of any other team with the same mentality, can fuck right off.

Amen.

I'm sure there's alot of people who would bet against their team to make an extra buck but it takes someone really special to broadcast it in a public forum

Offline Edward Eastaway

• Boys Pen
  • It's hard not to be romantic about football
« Reply #125 on: February 10, 2013, 05:04:34 pm »
Be interesting to see how Rodger's deals with there being 4 hard fixtures in two weeks. Considering Coutinho and Sturidge are both cup tired I see them playing big roles in the league games and see the likes of Agger, Gerrard and Suarez rested for the away trip to Zenit relying on the kids to get an away goal or sneak a draw. For me Suarez needs a rest as he looks leggy and Coutinho needs to go in against West Brom to give downing a rest (words I never thought I'd say). Thought?

Offline Bruce88

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: February 10, 2013, 05:06:01 pm »
A must win home game if we want to get anywhere near European football this season. No excuses, payback time for the opening game this season.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Common beermat and towel thief.
« Reply #127 on: February 10, 2013, 05:07:51 pm »
Quite a difference to some of our own supporters who regularly come on here and describe us as 'all over the shop'  8)

He's not exactly going to say "I think Liverpool are playing shite atm" is he?

I hope we fucking stuff these after what happened first game of the season. If we can keep Lukaku quiet then that's the job half done.
 I fucking hate that twat Olsson and hope Suarez and Sturridge terrorise the c*nt. 3-1 to the reds.

Offline jaffod

• Living a double life as Billy Bunter after midnight. Has until July 3rd to figure out what from his womans clothing range to wear.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: February 10, 2013, 05:09:45 pm »
Be interesting to see how Rodger's deals with there being 4 hard fixtures in two weeks. Considering Coutinho and Sturidge are both cup tired I see them playing big roles in the league games and see the likes of Agger, Gerrard and Suarez rested for the away trip to Zenit relying on the kids to get an away goal or sneak a draw. For me Suarez needs a rest as he looks leggy and Coutinho needs to go in against West Brom to give downing a rest (words I never thought I'd say). Thought?

Don't think Downing needs a rest to be honest. He's in decent form and I'd rather go with him than someone who's untested in the PL at this stage of the season.

Offline DerKaiser

• It's German for "TheCheesyRanter". Likes young boys.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #129 on: February 10, 2013, 05:17:30 pm »
No I won't. It's not about the money. It's about the mentality of "happy if we win, happy if we lose." And anyone with that mentality about our club, or come to think about it, any so called supporter of any other team with the same mentality, can fuck right off.

Personally I wouldn't bet like that but who do you think you are telling people what to and what to not put their money? Leave him alone, it doesn't make him any less of a fan. If it bothers you so much.. get a life.

Offline jaffod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: February 10, 2013, 05:22:32 pm »
West Brom really are dogshit atm and anything less than 3 points will be fucking terrible. They've drawn 2 and lost 6 of their last 8 and those draws were against QPR and Villa.

Offline Sachin4ever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #131 on: February 10, 2013, 05:28:59 pm »
Personally I wouldn't bet like that but who do you think you are telling people what to and what to not put their money? Leave him alone, it doesn't make him any less of a fan. If it bothers you so much.. get a life.

so you are saying macca to mind his own business. but then why r u whinging about what he writes. you shouldnt tell what he should or shouldnt write. if you can complain about macca, he can complain about anyone else.
You can steal our banners, you can have our striker.

Shame, you can't have our 5 European cups and 18 Leagues titles.  :wave

Offline JustDan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: February 10, 2013, 05:35:45 pm »
Glen Johnson ‏@glen_johnson
Looking forward to making my 100th League appearance for the reds tom!!! #LFC

Congrats Johnson, that's impressive. Definitely one of our most consistently good players.

Now, celebrate the landmark with a win! :)

Offline SYLENTm

• ight be a total uppet :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is Anfield!
    • The Liverpool Way / My FM Story (to start soon)
« Reply #133 on: February 10, 2013, 05:37:42 pm »

Congrats Johnson, that's impressive. Definitely one of our most consistently good players.

And a goal, West Ham-like if possible  :wave
Must admint Cesc is a great prospect new him before he went to Arsenal, same with Pique(now at ManU) and Messi also from Barcelona. Watch out for these guys in the future look very good.

Get him in the scouting team ASAP!

Offline Thog

• Seeking oral advice. Hibernates outside of the transfer windows.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: February 10, 2013, 05:57:29 pm »
It'll be interesting to see how we utilise the squad over the next few weeks.

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 10, 2013, 05:59:19 pm »
Lucas Leiva@LucasLeiva87

Very happy and proud to play my 200th game for LFC tomorrow.

Offline kevin87

• Kopite
« Reply #136 on: February 10, 2013, 06:02:44 pm »
Don't think Downing needs a rest to be honest. He's in decent form and I'd rather go with him than someone who's untested in the PL at this stage of the season.

Yeah, he may have faults but fitness is definitely not one of them. He'll be right. Him and Fabiola rotating on the right, with Raheem rotating in on the left when we need fresh legs.

Offline StrikingMidfield

• Legacy Fan
  • A red and green heart
« Reply #137 on: February 10, 2013, 06:04:20 pm »
I really want to hurt the idiot that came up with Monday Kickoffs  :no
Hopefully I'll be able to catch a reply, because in the Pacific USA timezone, it's almost impossible for anyone with a job/school to catch those games :(
Liverpool FC - Seattle Sounders FC

Offline Thog

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:25 pm »
He's not exactly going to say "I think Liverpool are playing shite atm" is he?
No, but he doesn't have to say Liverpool are playing the best football in the league either.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #139 on: February 10, 2013, 06:06:38 pm »
Really looking forwards to the Europa league now.....

I do hope we can put some good teams out and keep playing our football against some European sides.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Hij

• Literally Custom-titlely neglected for literally over a decade, Ruud.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97.
    • Grime Forum
« Reply #140 on: February 10, 2013, 06:24:06 pm »
No, no, no. Knowing the price is a whole lot different than knowing the value. You're betting against your own team. If 30 pieces of silver keeps you warm at night, then good for you. But don't try to make out that it makes you some sort of shrewd betting expert. It makes you the antithesis of everything that it means to be a supporter. There are 1000's of betting opportunities across the globe on a daily basis with plenty of "value" in them, but you choose to back another team to win against the one you purport to support. I'd like to think you were not a massive twat and a gobshite of extraordinary proportions, but there might just be a bit of value in betting against that.

To be fair I've done it several times this season to 'soften' the blow. I normally put the money I win towards a match ticket though, so hopefully that counts as reinvesting my pieces of silver back into the team ;D . I don't believe in karma, me placing a bet won't determine how the team perform. I almost see it as paying for us to win when we win, which I'm more than happy with.

The difference for me is when you back against your team and WANT them to lose. Which is totally different.
Justice for Anne Williams. Justice for the 97. Justice for the Survivors.

Istanbul 2005. Athens 2007. Basel 2016. Kiev 2018. Madrid 2019. Paris 2022.

Offline exiledinyorkshire

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: February 10, 2013, 06:46:52 pm »
so you are saying macca to mind his own business. but then why r u whinging about what he writes. you shouldnt tell what he should or shouldnt write. if you can complain about macca, he can complain about anyone else.

the main problem was with the death in the family analogy again. He's got form with making comparisons like that, and frankly they are far less tasteful than the idea of somebody betting against their own team.

just saying like. Fair enough to say the fella is a shite hawk for betting against liverpool, slight over reaction in my opinion. likening it in any way to the death of ones nan..........not so cool. IMO.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #142 on: February 10, 2013, 07:25:56 pm »
Very insightful preview Royhendo.

It will interesting to see how Clarke sets about organizing his team for this game, and you'd think he had a point to prove after being here last season and now having his own gig has a manager.
YWNA

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: February 10, 2013, 07:26:14 pm »
the main problem was with the death in the family analogy again. He's got form with making comparisons like that, and frankly they are far less tasteful than the idea of somebody betting against their own team.

just saying like. Fair enough to say the fella is a shite hawk for betting against liverpool, slight over reaction in my opinion. likening it in any way to the death of ones nan..........not so cool. IMO.

Mate, I'm only quoting you although a couple of other people have picked up on this. Far be it for me to hand out English language lessons on a football site, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but everyone understands what an analogy is don't they? It's not a direct comparison in all aspects; it's just pure logical reasoning where two situations have certain similar aspects. If anyone can give me a better analogy where two potential situations result in a person occuring a loss followed by making money, I'm all ears. If you think I'm saying somebody whose nan had died and joyously inherited money is as bad as someone betting against their own team, you'd be wrong. If you thought I was saying a player retiring was a s bad as your nan dying, again you'd be wrong. Look past the rather emotive issue that everyone seems to have with their nan dying and try to see the parts that I was comparing.

Der Kaiser, read Sachin4ever's post. Then look up the word irony. Or don't. I'd hate to tell you what to do seeing as you don't like it.

And Hij, that's a very good point that I'd never thought of. I still hope you lose all your money though   :P

And yes, I still think betting against your own team is still wrong. So can we all move on please?

FOOTY

It was interesting reading Phase of Plays post saying Morrison was their danger man. Having read the spyin' kop it seems their ownfans aren't happy with his recent performances. Fingers crossed their right and he has another shite game. I still think we'll batter these. I thought the Mancs would have scored a few more today which would have helped with any potential goal difference problems later on in the season, but we can do it all ourselves with another performance like we saw against Norwich. Getting a bit ahead of myself now, but Chico Flores is out next week, so that might help in that respect too.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: February 10, 2013, 07:39:11 pm »
Lucas beating Glen in appearance top trumps on twitter ;D

Must win game tomorrow if we want top 4 - was annoying that all 3 of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea won (really thought Sunderland could get something at the very least) but fuck it, all we can do is go out there and smash our opponents. Strongest side out please Brendan and get the job done asap.

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #145 on: February 10, 2013, 07:45:03 pm »
Lucas beating Glen in appearance top trumps on twitter ;D

Must win game tomorrow if we want top 4 - was annoying that all 3 of Arsenal, Spurs and Chelsea won (really thought Sunderland could get something at the very least) but fuck it, all we can do is go out there and smash our opponents. Strongest side out please Brendan and get the job done asap.

At least Everton lost.

Also, in their next 4 PL games, Arsenal have got Spurs away, Swansea away and Everton at home. I refuse to believe that they'll pick up 3 wins out of those 3 games. Potentially we'll catch them.

Offline Kopite B205

• Loves Siemen. And Judge Judy. But not at the same time.
  • Legacy Fan
  • In my life, we've won them all.
« Reply #146 on: February 10, 2013, 07:52:12 pm »
At least Everton lost.

Also, in their next 4 PL games, Arsenal have got Spurs away, Swansea away and Everton at home. I refuse to believe that they'll pick up 3 wins out of those 3 games. Potentially we'll catch them.

Have you shit the bed? Usually your a negative fucker.
Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #147 on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:00 pm »

;D

Offline ScottyBoy_21

• The Diet Coke of evil. Only one calorie.
  • Kopite
« Reply #148 on: February 10, 2013, 07:53:45 pm »

Pleasant.

It's you're, not your.

Offline Ipcress

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #149 on: February 10, 2013, 07:56:46 pm »
Regarding betting against your own team.

1. I pay insurance premiums for house contents, does that mean I'm betting that I get burgled, and therefore am hoping I get burgled? No hardly, it just mitigates the disaster.

2. I usually lose bets which involve Liverpool, therefore would I increase their chances by betting against them?

The sort of people that seek power, are exactly the sort that should be kept away from it.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #150 on: February 10, 2013, 08:04:25 pm »
I bet you a tenner macca thinks most of you are bellends. Thing is, Macca is like me old grandad - off his tits, rambled more than Bill Oddie and spent his last days god rest his soul - thinking he was a 1962 Hillman Imp, on display in a showroom just off the A34. Bless.

A fiver says he thinks am a c*nt.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: February 10, 2013, 08:05:06 pm »
Jesus Christ, some of you seriously had a rough night or fell out of bed, only to discover you'd pissed the sheets and stood on a plug at the same time, or something like that. There's some touchy nonsense going on. I'd my bollocks snipped by some narcy fuckers in the premiership fixtures thread for wanting Everton to win. Apparently that made me an idiot and an enemy of LFC.

Anyway, is it safe for me to say that I think we'll draw this one? Wouldn't bet against it.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: February 10, 2013, 08:05:35 pm »

You would like to think that Rodgers will use our squad more. We simply can't go til the end of the season only using 14 or so players. Of course whenever one of the first 11 isn't picked they'll be pissing and moaning on RAWK but I think we do need to rotate. Skrtel, Allen, Shelvey, Sterling, Assaidi, Coutinho, Suso and Borini all need to be used to freshen up the team from game to game.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline KevLFC

• Doesn't know the offside laws
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: February 10, 2013, 08:13:09 pm »
Anyone think that Steve Clark looks a bit like Dave out of the Royal Family?

Offline Nick @ TorchTriathlon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet A Mignolet
« Reply #154 on: February 10, 2013, 08:39:32 pm »

1. I pay insurance premiums for house contents, does that mean I'm betting that I get burgled, and therefore am hoping I get burgled? No hardly, it just mitigates the disaster.

2. I usually lose bets which involve Liverpool, therefore would I increase their chances by betting against them?

Fuck another analogy and an equation, someone grab the diction'ry.
"Football is a lie"

Offline robgreen91

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: February 10, 2013, 08:44:51 pm »

Who cares? bet on who you want its your money.

People on here would think you were scum of the earth if you bet on Utd to win the title..

Offline stjohns

• ambliance or precinct we're not sure......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #156 on: February 10, 2013, 08:46:37 pm »

Celebrate it with a goal hopefully.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #157 on: February 10, 2013, 09:08:32 pm »
(snip)

It was interesting reading Phase of Plays post saying Morrison was their danger man. Having read the spyin' kop it seems their ownfans aren't happy with his recent performances. Fingers crossed their right and he has another shite game. I still think we'll batter these. I thought the Mancs would have scored a few more today which would have helped with any potential goal difference problems later on in the season, but we can do it all ourselves with another performance like we saw against Norwich. Getting a bit ahead of myself now, but Chico Flores is out next week, so that might help in that respect too.

I think if we can catch him on a poor patch of form, great for us. But he is a player who can sort out the final ball on his day, and if he raises his game against us, he could be dangerous. I'm happy to hear, though, that he has been playing poorly. He's a decent passer of the ball when he gets on his game. If we can deny him the ball, I think he'll be pretty functionally useless in the game, and we'll almost be playing 11v10 in that case.
Better looking than Samie.

Offline stevied

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: February 10, 2013, 09:19:34 pm »
makes Monday at work not so bad having a game to look forward to it, get at them from the start score early and batter them
i can tip em but cant back em

RAWK Aintree tipping champ 2013

Offline LucyLFC

• Kopite
« Reply #159 on: February 10, 2013, 09:28:04 pm »
Been looking forward to this one all weekend. I hope to see some sort of appearance from Coutinho tomorrow and I hope to see Sturridge play if he is fit. If Sturridge isn't fit i'd  like to see Borini start. Come on Redmen!! ;D
« Last Edit: February 10, 2013, 09:30:04 pm by LucyLFC »