Author Topic: Away Games  (Read 313625 times)

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
Re: Away Games
« Reply #1440 on: November 3, 2016, 01:24:00 pm »
I can see the fuck up which is West Hams olympic stadium is going to affect our allocation for our second last game of the season last year we got 2940 tickets.I see Stoke have only 2800 this weekend and they are moving some of these seats on security grounds
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-widen-segregation-to-avoid-crowd-violence-a7393451.html
Kenny Godglish

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1441 on: November 3, 2016, 06:06:45 pm »
You'd  hope they'd  sort  it b4 then!  :-\ They seem to want everything for nothing!
We are a team of one half.

Offline Trev20

• Wool
  • Legacy Fan
  • I am not!
« Reply #1442 on: November 3, 2016, 06:21:30 pm »
You'd  hope they'd  sort  it b4 then!  :-\ They seem to want everything for nothing!
Money for Nothing- Dire Straits!  ;D

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1443 on: November 3, 2016, 06:50:55 pm »
I can see the fuck up which is West Hams olympic stadium is going to affect our allocation for our second last game of the season last year we got 2940 tickets.I see Stoke have only 2800 this weekend and they are moving some of these seats on security grounds
http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/west-ham-widen-segregation-to-avoid-crowd-violence-a7393451.html

Nothing to with segregation it's their own fans. I can't stand Chelsea fans but it didn't take a genius to work it was going to kick off last week. You've also got to wonder WTF is going on with the Olympic stadium when security still hasn't been boxed off 4 years after it's been built.

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1444 on: November 7, 2016, 02:54:44 pm »
Got my Southampton ticket in the post today which is 2 from 7 aways on last years credits of 11, which is 28.57 percent success rate, 28.57 percent of 19 is 5.43 when rounded down i will end the season on 5 credits. :no
Kenny Godglish

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1445 on: November 7, 2016, 03:02:51 pm »
Got my Southampton ticket in the post today which is 2 from 7 aways on last years credits of 11, which is 28.57 percent success rate, 28.57 percent of 19 is 5.43 when rounded down i will end the season on 5 credits. :no

I'm on 12.  Reckon I'll finish on 8 this season.

Boro will be interesting.  Used to give us over 3,000 but then cut it badly for persistent standing.  Hoping their Council has changed since they were last up.  If they give us full we'll be OK for that.
With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1446 on: November 7, 2016, 03:08:05 pm »
I'm on 12.  Reckon I'll finish on 8 this season.

Boro will be interesting.  Used to give us over 3,000 but then cut it badly for persistent standing.  Hoping their Council has changed since they were last up.  If they give us full we'll be OK for that.
Jesus i was banking on Boro being a midweek in the middle of December anyone know their away allocations for visiting fans so far this season?
Kenny Godglish

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1447 on: November 7, 2016, 03:19:22 pm »
Jesus i was banking on Boro being a midweek in the middle of December anyone know their away allocations for visiting fans so far this season?

Just been looking.  They usually give just over 3,000 (3,012 for Chelsea this week).  They used to give us around 3,200 but for the last few matches we played them they reduced it to around 2,700.

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1448 on: November 7, 2016, 07:14:42 pm »
Not necessarily as we've already had Spurs, Burnley and Swansea which sold out very high, and now Bournemouth so might not be quite that bad but does look like many will be on fewer next season.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1449 on: November 7, 2016, 09:20:47 pm »
Its very hard to predict this season. I am waiting to be let down for the derby on 13...

Boro gave us 3000+ the last time we played them (the grim 2-0)

Offline RedPat

• Legacy Fan
  • Kenny Godglish
« Reply #1450 on: November 7, 2016, 11:07:07 pm »
Its very hard to predict this season. I am waiting to be let down for the derby on 13...

Boro gave us 3000+ the last time we played them (the grim 2-0)
Monday night a week before Christmas eve, party season in full swing,sponsors might swerve this one (hopefully)sold out on 11 last season Brendans last game. I predict 13s will be fine some 12s also,alas 11s no.
Kenny Godglish

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1451 on: November 8, 2016, 01:00:08 am »

Would be interesting if we got them away in the FA Cup, 8500 tickets,  now I am sure they are already looking at the big away fans allocation scenario and planning accordingly but then again.........
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline James55

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1452 on: November 9, 2016, 09:56:05 pm »
Can hospitality have access to fa cup ,league cup or euro aways?

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #1453 on: November 9, 2016, 10:17:37 pm »
Can hospitality have access to fa cup ,league cup or euro aways?

Thing the high end HST was access to domestic away tickets but in the league and cups.
Think they can apply and most of the time they are guaranteed a ticket.

But the lower level HST have to purchase tickets during the regular sales.

I'm not 100% sure, but as I understand it that's the method this season.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #1454 on: November 10, 2016, 07:50:50 am »

Offline AP823

• Kopite
  • Ap Singh - @ApSingh823
« Reply #1455 on: November 10, 2016, 07:53:18 am »
Thing the high end HST was access to domestic away tickets but in the league and cups.
Think they can apply and most of the time they are guaranteed a ticket.

But the lower level HST have to purchase tickets during the regular sales.

I'm not 100% sure, but as I understand it that's the method this season.

think you are right mate.

http://www.skysports.com/share/10651699

This is good news.

think United will argue that they put disabled fans in front of us and cant be moved anywhere else. Be interesting to see if that changes.
"Some people cannot see a priest on a mountain of sugar."
Rafa Benitez

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #1456 on: November 10, 2016, 08:26:57 am »
think you are right mate.

think United will argue that they put disabled fans in front of us and cant be moved anywhere else. Be interesting to see if that changes.

Cant see United be affected by something like this, if UEFA let them move kick off times I cant see them having to play by the rules this time either..

Offline matt_lfc

• Kopite
« Reply #1457 on: November 10, 2016, 08:35:02 am »
Tbf Man Utd is one of the best away ends in the premier league for the view you get.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1458 on: November 10, 2016, 09:04:47 am »
I can only think of Sunderland who this would affect of the current premiership teams. I imagine they would just go back to the old away end

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1459 on: November 10, 2016, 09:11:58 am »

This bit will mean the old trafford away section is ok where it is, i would imagine:

"Pitch-side is the easiest way of describing it but clearly some ground configurations (mean) there might be some gap between where the seats actually are, and there might be something else in between that and the pitch."

I think they're targeting the likes of Newcastle and Sunderland.

Offline stuartheal

• Kopite
« Reply #1460 on: November 10, 2016, 09:53:02 am »
Newcastle will certainly be interesting next season. Not sure if the generous away ticket allocation may e reduced as a result?

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1461 on: November 10, 2016, 10:57:10 am »
Are Spurs at Wembley next season?

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #1462 on: November 10, 2016, 11:07:46 am »

this is what i have found

As we shall be required to vacate White Hart Lane to complete the latter stages of our new stadium and surrounding environs, the agreement additionally provides an option to play all our Premier League and cup home games at Wembley Stadium for the 2017/18 season. It is our intention to open the new stadium for the 2018/19 season. This timetable is, however, also dependent on infrastructure, transport and associated commitments being delivered by TfL and Haringey Council.

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1463 on: November 10, 2016, 11:11:58 am »
yes but at reduced capacity

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1464 on: November 10, 2016, 11:31:30 am »
yes but at reduced capacity

Wonder why reduced capacity?

For me they should be able to have the revenue from 42000 tickets and after that any more tickets sold the money be given to charity or something. Visiting teams won't care playing in front of 80k supporters, in fact I bet their form goes through the floor

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1465 on: November 10, 2016, 11:40:13 am »
Surprised there's been no palava over it being their last season at WHL???

Offline KOTP

• Arch Cunt + Official RAWK scarf swapper. Possibly the most laughably out-dated signature on the entire site, we hope.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1466 on: November 10, 2016, 11:52:17 am »

For me they should be able to have the revenue from 42000 tickets and after that any more tickets sold the money be given to charity or something. Visiting teams won't care playing in front of 80k supporters, in fact I bet their form goes through the floor
reduced due to wembley are only allowed 37 Major events every year in their contract with Brent council, so has to be rediced capacity for it not to count under that

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1467 on: November 10, 2016, 12:22:32 pm »

Doesn't matter anyway though does it?  Even at full capacity they wouldn't be obliged to give us more than 3,000.

Offline dudleyred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1468 on: November 10, 2016, 12:46:58 pm »
Doesn't matter anyway though does it?  Even at full capacity they wouldn't be obliged to give us more than 3,000.

I guess not if the maximum they have to give is 3000. I always thought it was a percentage of the capacity. Either way i don't see why they'd have the capacity limited, as long as they didn't financially gain from it beyond their normal income

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1469 on: November 10, 2016, 12:56:10 pm »
http://www.skysports.com/share/10651699

This is good news.
Heard about the pitch side seats earlier but I don't see how over half of tickets sold are under £30. Take it some must sell a lot of kids tickets?? Given all ours are over £40 for adults for homes. And aways are a low % for all games.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1470 on: November 10, 2016, 12:57:09 pm »
I guess not if the maximum they have to give is 3000. I always thought it was a percentage of the capacity. Either way i don't see why they'd have the capacity limited, as long as they didn't financially gain from it beyond their normal income

I don't get it either but makes no difference to us.  Rules for league matches are 10% up to a maximum of 3,000.  Clubs can give over this if they want but don't have to.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1471 on: November 10, 2016, 01:15:19 pm »
Heard about the pitch side seats earlier but I don't see how over half of tickets sold are under £30. Take it some must sell a lot of kids tickets?? Given all ours are over £40 for adults for homes. And aways are a low % for all games.

If it includes child prices then I think it is skewed and is mis-represented.
EDIT: Yes concessions are included. So it misleading: https://www.premierleague.com/news/137776

Quality reporting of it from this link on Sky: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10651654/premier-league-report-on-tickets-aims-to-bust-myth-over-inflated-prices

Under a pic of a Leicester fan holding up 15/16 tickets it states: "Leicester fans had plenty of reason to want to follow their team to Old Trafford last season, these tickets costing £30"
Yet you can see on the tickets in the photo, that the adult price is £46.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:18:39 pm by Craig S »

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1472 on: November 10, 2016, 01:18:15 pm »

They might be looking at the price of season tickets and dividing it by 19, therefore any season tickets costing £570 or below = ticket price of £30 per game or less. I'm not sure how reliable this article is due to the source and the variety of season tickets on offer by each club, but according to it 15 of the 20 clubs season ticket costs are below £570.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3419140-ranking-the-cost-of-every-premier-league-team-s-season-ticket-prices-for-2016-17

If that is the case, along with the away £30 cap and kids tickets, then it probably is likely that over 50% of tickets work out less than £30. It would be interesting to see what the full report says.

Offline Craig S

• KOP CONDUCTOR
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1473 on: November 10, 2016, 01:19:59 pm »
They might be looking at the price of season tickets and dividing it by 19, therefore any season tickets costing £570 or below = ticket price of £30 per game or less. I'm not sure how reliable this article is due to the source and the variety of season tickets on offer by each club, but according to it 15 of the 20 clubs season ticket costs are below £570.

http://www.90min.com/posts/3419140-ranking-the-cost-of-every-premier-league-team-s-season-ticket-prices-for-2016-17

If that is the case, along with the away £30 cap and kids tickets, then it probably is likely that over 50% of tickets work out less than £30. It would be interesting to see what the full report says.

It also includes all concessions, which would skew it downwards:
The scale of concession tickets sold and rewards made available by Premier League clubs is also included.
I assume they mean sale, not "scale"
https://www.premierleague.com/news/137776

Offline Shanklygates

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #1474 on: November 10, 2016, 01:23:46 pm »
Skewed as some like Hull have £250 STs. Even City it is quoted at under £300, but I bet that isn't all of their STs! ::) Statistics say what you want them to say....

Offline ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #1475 on: November 10, 2016, 02:04:12 pm »
Skewed as some like Hull have £250 STs. Even City it is quoted at under £300, but I bet that isn't all of their STs! ::) Statistics say what you want them to say....

That's very true. There's not many £9 tickets but they would surely bring down the average cost of a ticket!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1476 on: November 10, 2016, 02:58:20 pm »
If it includes child prices then I think it is skewed and is mis-represented.
EDIT: Yes concessions are included. So it misleading: https://www.premierleague.com/news/137776

Quality reporting of it from this link on Sky: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11661/10651654/premier-league-report-on-tickets-aims-to-bust-myth-over-inflated-prices

Under a pic of a Leicester fan holding up 15/16 tickets it states: "Leicester fans had plenty of reason to want to follow their team to Old Trafford last season, these tickets costing £30"
Yet you can see on the tickets in the photo, that the adult price is £46.

It's not just Sky. 

"These figures will go a long way to busting some of the myths perpetrated about the cost of attending," said Premier League executive chairman Richard Scudamore (nobhead).

Don't reckon our average ticket price is £31 though, even after taking into account chiled, 17 to 21, away fans, £9 tickets etc.  It'd be interesting to know what ours is based on the same way as they got to the £31.  I reckon ours will easily be over £40.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1477 on: November 10, 2016, 03:01:45 pm »
That's very true. There's not many £9 tickets but they would surely bring down the average cost of a ticket!

500 out of 54,000.  Wouldn't bring it down very much.  I wonder if Scudamore considered hospitality in the calculation?  That accounts for about 5,000 of our tickets.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #1478 on: November 14, 2016, 12:08:04 am »
Newcastle will certainly be interesting next season. Not sure if the generous away ticket allocation may e reduced as a result?

Been in the back row at St James Park 3 out of the last 4 times we've played there so excellent news. Was a big wasps nest up there 3 years ago.

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #1479 on: December 2, 2016, 08:58:00 am »
Leicester giving about another 100 away tickets this year it looks like. 3,305 allocation for the ev on boxing day.