Author Topic: My Fitness Diary 2013  (Read 13928 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: My Fitness Diary 2013
« Reply #120 on: February 8, 2013, 10:11:00 am »
I wouldn't do crunches until you reduce your body fat percentage a bit more, they will just be toning your abs underneath.  :)

If your doing it for fat loss then any type of cardio is way better.

Doing it to tone my abs...otherwise I'd not be doing them...

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #121 on: February 8, 2013, 04:26:18 pm »
Quick half hour on the bike in the gym today. Pleased to note I've not gained any weight since this time last week despite not doing much throughout the week :) on to next week!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #122 on: February 9, 2013, 07:28:57 pm »

They're a little distorted due to me having to hold the camera this time but I think they show a difference. What do you guys think? Also, wore baggier shorts this time ;)

The difference is marked.  Your hard work has definately produced results.  Very well done and great credit to you.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #123 on: February 9, 2013, 10:31:19 pm »
90 minutes of football on a very heavy pitch today. Will be feeling that in the morning.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #124 on: February 10, 2013, 09:21:12 am »
Nightmare, went out last night, few beers, bit of cider etc...

4 Mcdonald double cheeseburgers :( :(

Gym like mad Mon, Weds and Thurs, footy Tues, and I might jussssst undo the damage.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #125 on: February 11, 2013, 11:24:42 pm »
Not going to lie to you all, I've not done anything the last few days cos I've got a touch of flu. I just want to sleep all day and nothing more. Not sure if this breaks the resolution properly though because I've actually been physically unable to do anything of any note.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #126 on: February 12, 2013, 06:06:43 pm »
Not going to lie to you all, I've not done anything the last few days cos I've got a touch of flu. I just want to sleep all day and nothing more. Not sure if this breaks the resolution properly though because I've actually been physically unable to do anything of any note.

Nah.  I reckon the resolution is solid because you have not been physically able - and if you'd pushed yourself you could have made yourself very seriously ill.  It'd be a different matter if you were fit and couldn't be arsed.  Get well soon, but make sure you're clear before you start exerting yourself.
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: February 12, 2013, 08:38:22 pm »
Yeah mate whatever you do don't get into the thought of "oh fuck it I've stopped now, may as well have another day off". That always trips me off when I'm too busy to do owt. As soon as you are able, get some done, whatever it is, and get back into swing of it. You'll feel good immediately afterwards.

As for myself, played 7 a side tonight, felt good but got a big lump on me shin now, so hopefully that doesn't stop me gymming tomorrow.

Welsh, get yourself out in the air for a bike ride or something?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #128 on: February 12, 2013, 11:48:04 pm »
Yeah mate whatever you do don't get into the thought of "oh fuck it I've stopped now, may as well have another day off". That always trips me off when I'm too busy to do owt. As soon as you are able, get some done, whatever it is, and get back into swing of it. You'll feel good immediately afterwards.

As for myself, played 7 a side tonight, felt good but got a big lump on me shin now, so hopefully that doesn't stop me gymming tomorrow.

Welsh, get yourself out in the air for a bike ride or something?

Know what you mean mate, feel a bit guilty I've not been so going to do a bike sesh in the gym tomorrow morning I think. Still bunged up now but need to try and sweat it out of me.

That'd be great advise...if I could ride a bike haha

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #129 on: February 12, 2013, 11:53:46 pm »
Know what you mean mate, feel a bit guilty I've not been so going to do a bike sesh in the gym tomorrow morning I think. Still bunged up now but need to try and sweat it out of me.

That'd be great advise...if I could ride a bike haha
Mate,don't do any excercise at all,let the bug run it's course and then start easy.Your body isn't up to exercise it need's rest and that's the best thing you can do.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #130 on: February 12, 2013, 11:56:04 pm »
Nightmare, went out last night, few beers, bit of cider etc...

4 Mcdonald double cheeseburgers :( :(

Gym like mad Mon, Weds and Thurs, footy Tues, and I might jussssst undo the damage.
Mutha fucka,Jake I don't eat that much when I'm in the gym lifting.Greedy bastard. ;) :D

That's all jealously on my part mate. :D

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #131 on: February 13, 2013, 12:12:15 am »
Mate,don't do any excercise at all,let the bug run it's course and then start easy.Your body isn't up to exercise it need's rest and that's the best thing you can do.

Taking it easy that's all mate, I need to do something, I feel worse cos I've not done anything. Even if it's only 20 minutes it'll help but I'll see how I feel in the morning.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #132 on: February 13, 2013, 12:24:55 am »
Taking it easy that's all mate, I need to do something, I feel worse cos I've not done anything. Even if it's only 20 minutes it'll help but I'll see how I feel in the morning.
You know when you shity and tired that's your body telling you stop.

I learnt my the hard way and made myself worse,so now at the first sign of illness I stop and if you've been in the cycling thread you'll know how much cycling mean's to me.You're probably not eating either so I wouldnt worry about it,anyway you need to rest your body,you shouldn't excercise everyday,you need to rest the muscle's for the fibre you breakdown execising to grow back.

Just don't follow Jake's diet tip's. :D

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #133 on: February 13, 2013, 05:25:30 am »
I reckon you are allowed to apply the Ramadan fasting exceptions to exercise as well.  You are given a break from following your regimen if you are ill, travelling or pregnant.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #134 on: February 13, 2013, 10:03:50 am »
You know when you shity and tired that's your body telling you stop.

You'll be pleased to know that I've not gone to the gym haha still dosing myself up with paracetomol so probably not the best idea!! Determined to go before the end of the week though.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: February 13, 2013, 05:28:44 pm »
Masses of snow here so no way can I cycle to the gym tonight :( ill make do with the brief and neccesary cycle home (2mile) and some dumbell arm stuff.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #136 on: February 14, 2013, 07:41:03 pm »
Feeling better today so back in the gym, 50 minutes on the exercise bike so happy with that :)

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #137 on: February 15, 2013, 06:54:16 pm »
45 minutes indoor footy this morning before a weekend away in Leeds. Will defo do something though this weekend.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: February 28, 2013, 09:16:13 pm »
Oi fatty, what have you done for the last two weeks?

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #139 on: February 28, 2013, 09:26:18 pm »
Fuck all to be honest. I'm down to 14 and a half stone though...somehow. Started placement last week and have just been so tired leaving for Southport at 7.20, getting back at 6.30 and then having to prepare for the next day it's been unreal. Barely had time to eat!! Managed to get to the gym twice this week though, and I'm happy with that so hopefully can keep that up.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: February 28, 2013, 09:49:05 pm »
Keep going mate, I'm in a similar boat. Get your rest and hit it hard when you can.

Pheeny

« Reply #141 on: April 8, 2013, 04:59:49 pm »
???

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: April 12, 2013, 12:14:54 pm »
How's everyone's 2013 going so far?

I've probably been overdoing it on the weight training and forsaking cardio too much. I played five-a-side last night and just didn't have the energy to haul myself around. I weigh 13st 2lbs at the moment and although I'm in good shape, I could probably do with doing some more cardio.

My current exercise schedule is:

Monday: 45 mins weight training
Tuesday: Day off or 10k run or five-a-side football for 1 hour
Wednesday: 45 mins weight training
Thursday: 1 hour five-a-side in the evening
Friday: 45 mins weight training

Weekend: Ocassionally go to the gym for a lower body work but more often than not I don't do anything more strenuous than going for a walk with the missus. We eat out at least once over the weekend as well (twice most of the time and sometimes three times).

I'm going to step up to doing a session of cardio on Saturday/Sunday and making sure I stick to my cardio session on Tuesday rather than having a day off.