Author Topic: My Fitness Diary 2013  (Read 13821 times)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
Re: My Fitness Diary 2013
« Reply #40 on: January 10, 2013, 09:18:22 pm »
A few things for today:

- Went to the gym with a mate before uni this morning and did 30 minutes on the bike and a weight session afterwards concentrating on our chests.

- Weighed myself afterwards as well. Was 15st7 a week yesterday, just under 15st2 today so have lost 5lbs in a week which is pleasing!

- Just to keep myself going after I did this run with a friend, http://connect.garmin.com/activity/260496185, but that worked out to be 2 minutes per mile quicker than the one I did last Friday.

I'm really enjoying this as well, just getting out there and doing something is making me feel a lot better about myself :)

Offline Welshred

• CBE. To be fair to him, he is a massive twat. Professional Ladies' Arse Fondler. Possibly......we're not sure any more......
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #41 on: January 11, 2013, 04:40:30 pm »
Half an hour on the bike today, not done too much because of football tomorrow, and then shoulder and arms on the weights. Decent session.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #42 on: January 11, 2013, 06:52:55 pm »
5.4 mile other night with 700ft of climbing (430ft in half a mile!). 50:00!  I felt sick half way up the hill, had to stop twice.  Need to get out tonight for a 4miler plus the next 2 mornings then i can deserve the beers watching the manc game

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #43 on: January 12, 2013, 08:09:47 pm »
Football today, North West Counties on the line. Interesting game but didn't do much to be honest, only 5k in the 90 minutes but there's not much else you can do running up and down a line haha

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #44 on: January 14, 2013, 05:12:40 pm »
Not forgotten about this, just didn't have time to update it yesterday.

Yesterday:

100 crunchies
100 sit ups

Today:

15 minute treadmill run
35 minute exercise bike cycle
10 minute walk at a gradient of between 10% and 15%
30 squats
30 quad dips with kettle bells bilaterally

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #45 on: January 14, 2013, 05:59:49 pm »
Not forgotten about this, just didn't have time to update it yesterday.

30 quad garlic dips with kettle bells chips bilaterally

;)

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #46 on: January 14, 2013, 06:15:26 pm »

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2013, 03:02:11 pm »
45 minutes cardio today. Light session :)

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #48 on: January 16, 2013, 02:29:42 am »
Good luck with this welshred. 

My target is a six pack by june.

Im into my weight lifting but never do anything on my abs.

Downloaded that p90x ab ripper amd starting tomorrow, its mission six pack.

I just got a copy of this off my mate as well and im about to get stuck into it.  did it for a couple months years ago and it really does work.  good luck.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: January 16, 2013, 12:48:42 pm »
if anyone wants a quick muscle workout just to do at home watching tv or something get one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Powerspin-Powerball-Bingo-Wings-Buster/dp/B006H17QFS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1358340453&sr=8-1
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #50 on: January 16, 2013, 03:31:46 pm »
Just did a shoulder session on the weights in the gym today, didn't feel like doing too much cardio. Threw in a bit of triceps and biceps too. Just over an hours worth so I'm happy. 5k run tomorrow :)

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #51 on: January 17, 2013, 11:36:22 pm »
Went for a 45 minute walk with my running partner today, mainly because she wasn't feeling up to a run, but good to get out and do something for an extended time anyway!

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #52 on: January 18, 2013, 11:41:23 pm »
Tough to do today because of the snow.

20 squats
x2 leg cycles lying down until my legs got tired (about 1 min each)
60 crunchies
20 press ups
20 tricep dips

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #53 on: January 20, 2013, 09:26:50 am »
Quick session in the gym yesterday as had a busy day;

15 minute warm up on the bike
Bicep weights
Quad weights
Chest weights

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #54 on: January 20, 2013, 10:16:29 pm »
Dissertation, combined with not feeling well, have meant I've not done much today. Only 100 sit ups.

Offline Mamzz21

• Main Stander
  • Liverpool
« Reply #55 on: January 20, 2013, 11:02:25 pm »
Good Luck lad

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2013, 04:48:04 pm »
45 minutes on the exercise bike, the majority of it at resistance 12 and 13 but when I did drop down to 9 I upped my reps per minute to keep my speed at around 33kph.

Tipped the scales at very slightly under 15 stone too ;D

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2013, 07:57:05 pm »
Just joined up to my fitnesspal and my target calorie intake per day will be 1300. Seems very little.

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2013, 08:11:45 pm »
Just joined up to my fitnesspal and my target calorie intake per day will be 1300. Seems very little.

It's weird how it works it out according to Myfitnesspal I should be eating 1820kcals to lose 2lbs a week but if I use calorific intake calculators on different sites they say as much as 3300kcals a day to lose 2lbs a week! So I tend to stick to the Myfitnesspal target Monday to Friday and relax it a bit at weekends and it works OK

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2013, 08:49:31 pm »
I'm on 1720 calories a day to hopefully lose 1.5lbs a week. Even cut out milk and sugar in my tea.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #60 on: January 21, 2013, 09:08:49 pm »
Good man Welsh, have you noticed any difference in the upper body yet?

I'm in a similar boat to you, Uni + really shit working hours mean I've put on about 2 stone in 3 1/2 years. Aiming to get rid of one of those stones by summer, hopefully a bit more besides, and then cycle off the other stone during summer seeing as I'll only be working Sat + Sun.

How do you get to Uni/Work/the gym. Drive? Walk? Run? And what do you eat?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: January 21, 2013, 10:37:25 pm »
It's weird how it works it out according to Myfitnesspal I should be eating 1820kcals to lose 2lbs a week but if I use calorific intake calculators on different sites they say as much as 3300kcals a day to lose 2lbs a week! So I tend to stick to the Myfitnesspal target Monday to Friday and relax it a bit at weekends and it works OK

Fair enough. My aim according to fitness pal is to lose 10lbs by 25th Feb. I walk to and from work which burns around 400 calories which is great! That's before I join gym this week.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2013, 11:39:51 pm »
Good man Welsh, have you noticed any difference in the upper body yet?

I'm in a similar boat to you, Uni + really shit working hours mean I've put on about 2 stone in 3 1/2 years. Aiming to get rid of one of those stones by summer, hopefully a bit more besides, and then cycle off the other stone during summer seeing as I'll only be working Sat + Sun.

How do you get to Uni/Work/the gym. Drive? Walk? Run? And what do you eat?

Noticed a big difference already mate, I'll have hopefully lost a few more pounds by the time the next photo is due so you'll all probably see the difference then. Big difference I've notices is with my jeans, and I feel and look slimmer than I was 21 days ago.

I drive into uni mate, but because I'm a member of the uni gym I make sure I go there 3/4 times a week if I'm not doing other cardio at home. It's really helping, I'm driving all the way in so I might as well make the most of it! I've got 5 main meals really. 3 mince dishes and 2 chicken dishes that have a lot of veg into them. Then a sandwich and some fruit for lunch with a protein shake for breakfast that gets me through to lunch. I'm not on myfitnesspal like some on here seem to be but I'm definitely calorie counting and being more watchful with what I eat. Cut chocolate down dramatically from what it was before Christmas, eating a lot more fruit than I was before and getting a lot more exercise. It all adds up.

The ideal plan for me will be to keep losing weight until I plateau, then it's a case of carrying on what I'm doing at the gym and stuff and pushing my aerobic fitness even more than it is.

It's going well so far though and most of all I'm enjoying it!

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: January 21, 2013, 11:59:00 pm »
Noticed a big difference already mate, I'll have hopefully lost a few more pounds by the time the next photo is due so you'll all probably see the difference then. Big difference I've notices is with my jeans, and I feel and look slimmer than I was 21 days ago.

I drive into uni mate, but because I'm a member of the uni gym I make sure I go there 3/4 times a week if I'm not doing other cardio at home. It's really helping, I'm driving all the way in so I might as well make the most of it! I've got 5 main meals really. 3 mince dishes and 2 chicken dishes that have a lot of veg into them. Then a sandwich and some fruit for lunch with a protein shake for breakfast that gets me through to lunch. I'm not on myfitnesspal like some on here seem to be but I'm definitely calorie counting and being more watchful with what I eat. Cut chocolate down dramatically from what it was before Christmas, eating a lot more fruit than I was before and getting a lot more exercise. It all adds up.

The ideal plan for me will be to keep losing weight until I plateau, then it's a case of carrying on what I'm doing at the gym and stuff and pushing my aerobic fitness even more than it is.

It's going well so far though and most of all I'm enjoying it!

Good lad, I'll try and keep up with your weight loss cos you're doing well. Similar diet to me n all, shake/soup/chicken or beef and side for tea with 3 or 4 workouts a week.

Don't bother calorie counting, just make sure what you're eating is good for you. What are you doing to get rid of the gut and moobs (no offense ive got the same). Someone recommended I do a workout of squats/cardio/squats and weights or cardio/squats and weights/cardio to be burning the most fat.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #64 on: January 22, 2013, 12:10:24 am »

Good lad, I'll try and keep up with your weight loss cos you're doing well. Similar diet to me n all, shake/soup/chicken or beef and side for tea with 3 or 4 workouts a week.

Don't bother calorie counting, just make sure what you're eating is good for you. What are you doing to get rid of the gut and moobs (no offense ive got the same). Someone recommended I do a workout of squats/cardio/squats and weights or cardio/squats and weights/cardio to be burning the most fat.

I'm making sure I do something everyday though, so I've always done some exercise. Like yesterday I didn't really feel like doing too much and didn't feel too good so just did the sit ups. It's definitely working so far.

I'm going to carry on calorie counting though. It's helping me and it's giving me a clear and defined goal to work towards. Cardio exercise wise I'm going for endurance within certain heart rate zones, so staying within the fat burning zone whilst I'm exercising is my main aim. I'll also try and aim to do a certain amount of cardio every time I go to the gym too. Tomorrow I'm going to try a 10k run on the treadmill, which should take me just over an hour so we'll see how that goes! I do some weights, but that's not too important to me right now, but when I do it's a mix between arms/chest/shoulders with a few leg exercises in between. Luckily my mate is used to lifting weights and I'm not so I just tend to follow what he's doing really.

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #65 on: January 22, 2013, 12:35:36 am »
If its working for you then awesome, just want to say that you'll burn calories/fat quicker the more muscle you have, so do work outs which are gonna give you muscle in easy areas (legs for example) and you'll burn more calories whilst your sat at home watching TV/on RAWK just maintaining the muscles.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #66 on: January 22, 2013, 07:43:34 am »
So I started up with MFP as well, but I'm struggling to hit the calorie intake? Does anyone else have this issue?

I could do it easy by going and getting takeaway but obviously that'd defeat the purpose. I seem to be about 500 calories under my recommended (which is only 1500 calories).

At the moment I'm just chowing down tins of tuna even though I'm not hungry.

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: January 22, 2013, 12:07:11 pm »
So I started up with MFP as well, but I'm struggling to hit the calorie intake? Does anyone else have this issue?

I could do it easy by going and getting takeaway but obviously that'd defeat the purpose. I seem to be about 500 calories under my recommended (which is only 1500 calories).

At the moment I'm just chowing down tins of tuna even though I'm not hungry.

Can you do a screen shot of your daily diet it makes it easier to recommend what you might be lacking? Also don't forget to log tea and coffee because that can add a couple of hundred calories.

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #68 on: January 22, 2013, 12:58:17 pm »
Can you do a screen shot of your daily diet it makes it easier to recommend what you might be lacking? Also don't forget to log tea and coffee because that can add a couple of hundred calories.

Here it is, looks like I underestimated the amount of calories I am requiring (actually 1843 not 1500) but I still couldn't hit that today:

http://imgur.com/KOlS6ww

My current exercise program is: M,W,F = gym, T,T,S = cardio

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #69 on: January 22, 2013, 01:36:16 pm »
There are very few carbs on there is this on purpose? The easy way to add calories is with a couple of portions of fruit and add some brown rice to one of your meals.

Your'e also not eating solid food apart from snacks until your evening meal so maybe some porridge for breakfast or eggs if you don't want carbs.

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #70 on: January 22, 2013, 04:58:32 pm »
If its working for you then awesome, just want to say that you'll burn calories/fat quicker the more muscle you have, so do work outs which are gonna give you muscle in easy areas (legs for example) and you'll burn more calories whilst your sat at home watching TV/on RAWK just maintaining the muscles.

Yeh I know mate :) I do physio so combining loads of different exercise and think I've got a good balance of cardio v weight training at the moment. Did 40 minutes of cardio today and then some bicep curls on the weights this morning.

Offline WAQS

• LYRIQAL
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #71 on: January 22, 2013, 06:09:20 pm »
Hi mate whats your current weight and whats your target?

Willing to chip in with any advice I can offer (lost 20kg/3 stones in 6 months).

Good luck

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #72 on: January 22, 2013, 09:07:42 pm »
Hi mate whats your current weight and whats your target?

Willing to chip in with any advice I can offer (lost 20kg/3 stones in 6 months).

Good luck

Started the year at 15 stone 7, was just under 15 stone when I weighed myself yesterday. Target weight is around 13 and a half/14 stone depending on muscle bulk more than anything. I just need to keep on doing what I'm doing for now to be fair :)

Offline Narwin Dunez

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: January 22, 2013, 11:56:37 pm »
How did you do today mate? Eat well, get some work in?

2 hours footy and 1 1/2 hour cycling meself today, and a fucking healthy dinner too, I'm gonna catch you up mate ;D 7 lbs in a few weeks is dead sound by the way!

Offline Legendary_Nines

• Legacy Fan
  • Don't worry, be happy!
« Reply #74 on: January 23, 2013, 01:03:42 am »
There are very few carbs on there is this on purpose? The easy way to add calories is with a couple of portions of fruit and add some brown rice to one of your meals.

Your'e also not eating solid food apart from snacks until your evening meal so maybe some porridge for breakfast or eggs if you don't want carbs.

Yeah, I've been doing low carb since the start and it's worked really well for me. Normally I would maybe eat one piece of fruit but didn't have any in the house.

I'll give the eggs/porridge idea a go.

Cheers!

Offline BarnsleyScouser

• Kopite
  • Best in the World
« Reply #75 on: January 23, 2013, 01:10:29 am »
Getting back onto this for the new year now, Got back onto MFP and re-entered my details so they match the current situation i'm in (16st 2 weight and 6ft 2 height) Think i'll aim for around 1500 calories intake a day.

Main goals are to to lose around 2 stone to get down to around 14 stone (Going to do this by eating more sensibly, ditching the booze and joining the gym) So that should sort that up. After i've managed to reach around 14 stone i'll move onto toning/bulking up.

Managed to have Chips for dinner and a pizza for tea even without realising so i've given my horrible diet a good send off, need to get back into the swing of things now. I've needed to do this for a while so it's time to get started.

What would be the best things to eat for a lunchtime meal? I look in the pantry and all i can ever seem to fetch out is pasta!

I'll give an update on how the first day goes tomorrow!  :D
« Last Edit: January 23, 2013, 01:12:16 am by BarnsleyScouser »
If showing respect to the 96 and other victims of Hillsborough on the 15th is seen as unacceptable by other teams fans then I am glad I support Liverpool and understand some things are more important than football

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #76 on: January 23, 2013, 09:39:12 am »
How did you do today mate? Eat well, get some work in?

2 hours footy and 1 1/2 hour cycling meself today, and a fucking healthy dinner too, I'm gonna catch you up mate ;D 7 lbs in a few weeks is dead sound by the way!
Did 40 minutes of cardio today and then some bicep curls on the weights this morning.

Well read ;)

Legs were feeling tired yesterday though so going to have a few days off cardio and just concentrate on a few other things like squats, press ups, etc and then a light cycle Friday before footy at the weekend.

Offline NotAsBigDanno

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: January 23, 2013, 10:28:40 am »
Yeah, I've been doing low carb since the start and it's worked really well for me. Normally I would maybe eat one piece of fruit but didn't have any in the house.

I'll give the eggs/porridge idea a go.

Cheers!

If you cant be bothered cooking and want the easy way of adding calories make your protein shakes with milk, you get extra protein as well so all good

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #78 on: January 23, 2013, 11:50:52 pm »
Nearly forgot today...oops!

Anyway;

60 squats
20 single legs squats bilaterally
20 press ups
60 crunchies

Offline Welshred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #79 on: January 24, 2013, 11:18:51 pm »
100 crunchies
10 press ups
20 tricep dips.

Been a long day and I'm very tired.