Author Topic: Rocksmith  (Read 1232 times)

Offline -Sad Fuck-

• ... is rather queer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tiny dancer
Rocksmith
« on: November 1, 2012, 04:02:46 pm »
This a good learning tool for someone who's shite on the guitar?

Might get involved. Ta.
hi

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
Re: Rocksmith
« Reply #1 on: November 3, 2012, 05:45:46 am »
Hey Paddy!

I've just started playing on it, and I'm someone who's never played a guitar in his life.

Basically its a good tool for practice, however you will get the most out of it if you have a friend who is a good player, because otherwise it will teach you a lot of bad habits.

Basically its perfect for someone who knows basic technique and needs something more fun to get them to regularly have a go practicing.

Hope that helps!
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #2 on: November 3, 2012, 11:53:30 am »
Got it the other day and the leads arrived today. Bought the missus a bass guitar so I'll try and use it to teach her how to play a bit with me accompanying her on the guitar..

Plus I can use it when she gets bored of it :)
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline D0GFACE

• "..... there'snoplacelikehome ..... there'snoplacelikehome ....."
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #3 on: November 3, 2012, 07:34:11 pm »
Been playing for about 2 weeks now (never played a guitar before) got to admit I'm loving it at the moment and slowly but surely getting better at playing riffs, I tend to end up in jam mode and learning bits of pink floyd from youtube :)
"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #4 on: May 2, 2018, 10:44:41 am »
Anyone ever kept up with this and is now a rock god? :D

Just getting back in into it myself and was starting to wonder why there isn't a Keyboard version of it!!!

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #5 on: May 4, 2018, 03:59:31 pm »
Anyone ever kept up with this and is now a rock god? :D

Just getting back in into it myself and was starting to wonder why there isn't a Keyboard version of it!!!

I'd have snapped a piano/keyboard version up instantly.

People on the Rocksmith forums seem to recommend this:
http://www.synthesiagame.com/
« Last Edit: May 4, 2018, 04:01:56 pm by Kashinoda »
:D