Author Topic: Nuri Sahin  (Read 489585 times)

Offline ratburger

• Boys Pen
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Liverpool Sign Nuri Sahin
« Reply #400 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:33 pm »
The reason Mourinho wanted Sahin going to a non-CL club so badly was to decrease the chance of Sahin actually leaving Real permanently. Even if Liverpool have an option to buy him at the end of the season, Sahin still has to agree. If Sahin does well at Liverpool, Mou can promise him that he'll be a regular starter at Madrid (particularly with rumors of Alonso not wanting a contract extension) and at a team competing for the CL trophy, while the odds of Liverpool even making in into the top 4 and the CL are slim.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #401 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:40 pm »
I'm sure we'll make a good impression on the lad, not saying we'll manage to prise him away from Madrid next summer but you never know what may happen a couple of years down the line. I remember a fair few people saying that Rafa was using us as a stepping stone to the Real job, yet after falling in love with this club he turned them down at least a couple of times.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:36:13 pm by Adeemo »
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2012, 12:32:57 pm »
I hope our manager gets some more "rejects" from Real.  :D

So, Sahin's first game going to be against the arse?  ::)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2012, 12:33:03 pm »
I do hope his injury problems are behind him, he'll have to be sharp to play in this league. No doubting the man has talent, great players should and can adapt so let us hope that he is one of them. Five million is a bit excessive for a loan fee but I can tell you that will be quickly forgotten if he comes here and shows us he's the player we all hope he is and if he does that, we need to show him where his future lies.
He was hardly inured in all his time at Dortmund,and for me was their best player.He'll have no problem adapting to Premier League football,I think the two best player's to make the move here are Sahin and Kagawa,I think they'll both be great addition's to their team's.

Hopefully Sahin more so. ;D
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: August 25, 2012, 12:33:57 pm »
Full article if you click the link. I haven't read it all yet but here you go if you want to: http://www.eplindex.com/18043/nuri-sahin-stats-compared-yaya-modric-arteta-liverpool.html

Here are the 'images'

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #405 on: August 25, 2012, 12:34:27 pm »
Have you got a link for that?  Not disbelieving just be interested to know where you got his wage from.  I heard it was 115k per week... google actually lists his salary at 4m euros.

The rest is for his expenses.  Holiday Inn 12 month room rate.  Taxi's from John Lennon Airport.  Cab to Melwood. Chicken Tereyaki footlong on Italian from Subway each day!  - it all mounts up!   :)

Offline NorwegianKenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #406 on: August 25, 2012, 12:34:45 pm »
TBF, our midfield looks fearsome now. Getting closer to Masch, alonso, Gerrard days.

I cant wait to see Sahin tearing the fodder teams apart.

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: August 25, 2012, 12:35:32 pm »
Welcome to LFC Nuri  :D
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline RedInside

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #408 on: August 25, 2012, 12:36:27 pm »
If this guy reaches his Dortmund form, he will be our best midfielder. No doubt.

Offline Anton_LFC_

• Main Stander
« Reply #409 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:53 pm »
The reason Mourinho wanted Sahin going to a non-CL club so badly was to decrease the chance of Sahin actually leaving Real permanently. Even if Liverpool have an option to buy him at the end of the season, Sahin still has to agree. If Sahin does well at Liverpool, Mou can promise him that he'll be a regular starter at Madrid (particularly with rumors of Alonso not wanting a contract extension) and at a team competing for the CL trophy, while the odds of Liverpool even making in into the top 4 and the CL are slim.

Its ok, we will take Sahin till the end of the season give him back and have Alonso................ i hope  ;D

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #410 on: August 25, 2012, 12:37:59 pm »
TBF, our midfield looks fearsome now. Getting closer to Masch, alonso, Gerrard days.

Not quite, but strong nonetheless
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: August 25, 2012, 12:38:19 pm »
Full article if you click the link. I haven't read it all yet but here you go if you want to: http://www.eplindex.com/18043/nuri-sahin-stats-compared-yaya-modric-arteta-liverpool.html

Here are the 'images'

Very surprising that his pass accuracy was so low for Dortmund. Lower than all our players.

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #412 on: August 25, 2012, 12:38:20 pm »

I cant wait to see Sahin tearing the fodder teams apart.

It certainly does.  Just going to be more frustrating when we miss 15 chances a game instead of 10  :D

Offline NorwegianKenny

• Main Stander
« Reply #413 on: August 25, 2012, 12:39:20 pm »
Guillem Balague ‏@GuillemBalague
The thing that gave the last twist to the Sahin saga. After Madrid and Arsenal agreed a 2m loan deal, Liverpool offered 5m (no option 2 buy)

:o :o :o :o :o

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #414 on: August 25, 2012, 12:39:37 pm »
Good stuff. I hope he hits the ground running and we make full benefit of this opportunity.

Offline Dentron

• Eastenders Sci-Fi Spinoff
  • Kopite
« Reply #415 on: August 25, 2012, 12:40:22 pm »
Over the moon with this. EXACTLY the type of player we need. I've rated Sahin for a while now. Was sad when he went to Madrid because I knew he'd never see the field. I'm expecting big things this season from him.

Offline Anton_LFC_

• Main Stander
« Reply #416 on: August 25, 2012, 12:41:05 pm »
Very surprising that his pass accuracy was so low for Dortmund. Lower than all our players.

probably because he was trying to play more killer passes, would be good if we could see percentages of forward and backward passes, im sure that Sahin will have a higher forward pass rate than all but Gerrard, it take 10% less completion if you are going to play 10% more forward passes/key pass attemps.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: August 25, 2012, 12:41:48 pm »
Maureen didn't use him because he felt he was too slow and not strong enough for La Liga, sending him here is to fix that. On out time, while we pay him. we see time and time again that players need a season to adjust, we are taking the pain, maureen is laughing his hole off at us, get deal for him.

That is slightly weird when you consider that he did just fine in the bundesliga which is faster and needs more strength than la liga, he is being sent on loan because he is the finished article, but has players like Alonso ahead of him and won't get the games he needs staying at RM next season.

If you wanted to be negative about it, you could focus on the fact that we would be helping a quality player keep his form by getting games more regularly, but at the same time we are also helping our own side while not over-stretching ourselves financially, so it is a positive for both teams and the player in reality.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: August 25, 2012, 12:42:12 pm »
The thing that gave the last twist to the Sahin saga. After Madrid and Arsenal agreed a 2m loan deal, Liverpool offered 5m (no option 2 buy)

Balague has been chatting rubbish throughout this whole saga. Just 3 days ago, he said that Arsenal had signed him. he knows nothing.

Offline Anton_LFC_

• Main Stander
« Reply #419 on: August 25, 2012, 12:42:27 pm »

I thought £5m was what we were paying for him over the course of the loan, as in the percentage we pay of his wages totals £5m for the season

Offline felix.

• easily impressed Baldrick Mark II
  • Legacy Fan
    • last.fm
« Reply #420 on: August 25, 2012, 12:44:53 pm »
absolutely elated with this signing, only negative is i'll be crying myself to sleep at the end of the season when he'll have to go..
MOSES SAID COME FORTH
    BUT WE CAME FIRST

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #421 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:18 pm »
Nuri Sahin, YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline arcticus

• No massive asset. Doesn't know the difference between the 1st and 31st. Watched the Arsenal game sat in a pool of shite.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #422 on: August 25, 2012, 12:45:48 pm »
If he helps us get CL footy then the cash we paid for him was worth it and that's ALL that matters.

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #423 on: August 25, 2012, 12:46:32 pm »
Signing Nuri Sahin with an option to buy would be a great deal. Signing him for an expensive loan spell with no option to buy is pretty pointless. By the time we get him fully adjusted to English Football he will more than likely be off back to Madrid. Wouldn't we be better buying our own young players and developing them instead of developing Madrid's for them.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #424 on: August 25, 2012, 12:47:11 pm »

Its rubbish mate. We haven't given them 5 million, the wages we are paying him will come to 5 million.

Offline Zelnaga

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #425 on: August 25, 2012, 12:47:40 pm »
Jizz.

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #426 on: August 25, 2012, 12:48:08 pm »
He wasn't a recycler of the ball there,he's more likely to look for the goal scoring pass.
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline OneTouchFooty

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: August 25, 2012, 12:48:14 pm »

Wages my friend. We offered a better 'deal' to pay his wages, hence 70% of his 125k a week wages works out at shy of 5mil euros a year. The 5m + wages is just a rumour peddled by Arsenal fans trying to make themselves feel better.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #428 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:09 pm »
Signing Nuri Sahin with an option to buy would be a great deal. Signing him for an expensive loan spell with no option to buy is pretty pointless. By the time we get him fully adjusted to English Football he will more than likely be off back to Madrid. Wouldn't we be better buying our own young players and developing them instead of developing Madrid's for them.

that's been the concern for many, but i think the other school of thought is of higher importance at this moment. Whilst we are rebuilding, we still aim to finish amongst the top 4. That is of priority to the management because like it or not, most players seem to place the same amount of importance for their own career. Our short term target is to get into the top 4 as quickly as possible, while working to build a team for the future.

Its a good loan as far as ability goes.

Offline Aaron Cross

• Hot for Megan, Transformer Troll...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #429 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:13 pm »
How anyone can complain about Sahin coming in is beyond me, loan deal or not this is a fucking great move, I'll be honest I was a sceptic, I didn't think we could get him, but now we have him our midfield has gone to a whole new level! I don't have a problem getting quality players like this on loan, the way I see it, we're not in much of a position yet to buy Ferraris so we just have to borrow them until we are, I'd much prefer this then another squad player that would probably cost us more anyway, I'm just hoping Modric has a super season and other midfielders take Madrids fancy in the next year and they forget about Sahin...we can only hope I guess.   
« Last Edit: August 25, 2012, 12:53:41 pm by Aaron Cross »

Offline Whelan and dealin

• Main Stander
  • "Game over, and I hate sayin that"
« Reply #430 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:22 pm »
Sahin, Lucas and Allen as a 3, we'll defo keep the ball better, and Sahin is now our most creative CM,
Here's a thought, should we play Gerrard as one of the wingers, Rodgers does allow them freedom to get involved
centrally, Gerrard would suit this role pretty well methinks
Ronnie Whelan's Shin

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: August 25, 2012, 12:51:53 pm »
The upside of this transfer is Arsenal don't get him, the downside is we lose him in a year. If Sahin becomes integrel to our style of play then losing him is going to hurt unless he is replaced by someone of equal or better quality (Alonso, hopefully).

You overlook the upside that we did not need to pay out another transfer fee on top of the £25-30m net we have already spent and can instead postpone that additional spending for a year when hopefully we will be a more attractive destination for new players or could potentially spend a few this window on a player in another position of need for us such as up front.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #432 on: August 25, 2012, 12:52:45 pm »

1) How do you know its goin to take him along time to adjust to the english game? You dont, its pure speculation. He could just as easily adapt to the english game as Alonso did.

2) We haven't payed them 5 million for the loan. We will be payin him 5 million in wages.

3) Its all good and well saying why dont we produce our own players but, we need top players for now and Nuri Sahin is just that.

4) Nuri Sahins loan spell wont be pointless if he helps us get back into those CL places, because even if he goes we'll be able to replace him with another high quality midfielder.

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:04 pm »

It would be useful if we had anyone with half as much talent as Sahin. People are absolutely clueless as to how good a player he is. He is first 11 material, end of. After watching a couple of games you will understand firstly why we agreed to a loan(because we simply cannot buy anyone in his bracket for anything under 25million), and why he cannot be ever removed from the first 11.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:24 pm »
sounds like hes a lucky charm! look forward to seeing what he can do.
- all in my opinion of course -

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: August 25, 2012, 12:54:51 pm »
I think as a club we need to get in to the habit of playing good football regularly rather than occasionally, a habit of regularly winning three games on the trot would be nice as well.
He may also contribute to us finishing 4th or winning a cup - it all sums up to progress mate (I hope). Next year we'll review our options anyway with the further reduction of wages.

Offline stescouse100

• Anny Roader
« Reply #436 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:08 pm »
Out of all the business we've done so far, I think Sahin's loan will prove the most beneficial, in the short-term at least.

A real classy player, he was the lynchpin during his time at Dortmund & rightly won many plaudits.

Not often we sign many players on loan, last loan signing I remember getting excited about was Anelka in 2002.

Can't wait to see the lad in a red shirt, welcome Nuri!  :wave

Offline arcticus

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: August 25, 2012, 12:55:55 pm »
Sahin, Lucas and Allen as a 3, we'll defo keep the ball better, and Sahin is now our most creative CM,
Here's a thought, should we play Gerrard as one of the wingers, Rodgers does allow them freedom to get involved
centrally, Gerrard would suit this role pretty well methinks

Make him the striker

Offline -Willo-

• -the wisp-
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #438 on: August 25, 2012, 12:56:49 pm »
The last time we made a signing this exciting it was Suarez... Before that it was Torres.

I still can't believe we've managed to get him, if you'd of said to me early July "Liverpool will sign Nuri Sahin" I'd of laughed in your face... I know it's a loan but if we can get our act together, finish in the top 4 you never know with football, he might fall in love with our club/fans/city and want to stay!

We have one of the strongest spines in the league now, Reina - Agger/Skrtel - Lucas/Sahin - Gerrard/Suarez

Our top 4 chances have just doubled if he settles in and plays like he did for BvB

Offline Funky_Gibbons

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Follow the gourd
« Reply #439 on: August 25, 2012, 12:58:19 pm »
Did you see out midfield fall apart against West Brom when Lucas went off? We are trying to play a different game bollocks, we have no one that can read the game like Lucas, and break up threats early. You can others can claim Allen can do this and Gerrard that, but they can't they never have and you are making a rod for their backs claiming otherwise. It's the same thing season after season, hopeless wishful thinking about our players ability.

The whole team had capitulated about 10-minutes before Lucas was substituted due to the Agger red card. We were down to ten men and chasing the game.

"And there are red and white scarves of Liverpool, and red and white bobble hats of Liverpool, and red and white rosettes of Liverpool, and nothing else. And the sun shines now."