Author Topic: Doping In Sport..  (Read 131539 times)

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
Re: Doping In Sport..
« Reply #760 on: July 10, 2016, 09:31:05 pm »
Nearly jammed his flag into Froome's spokes, of course he deserved it
So, the next time I get knocked off my bike by a car driver..I can knock him out...
Exercise is to the body what reading is to the mind.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline sminp

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #761 on: July 10, 2016, 09:36:28 pm »

I've only seen the video on that article above but that seems like a bit of an exaggeration, he doesn't appear to be doing anything other than running alongside the peloton
My Betfair referal code for anyone who wants it: R6K4MTAQM (You get a £25 free bet)

"Liverpool are magic, Everton are tragic."
"It was like playing in a foreign country." Ian Rush on his time with Juventus in Italy
"Don't worry Alan. At least you'll be able to play close to a great team!" Bill Shankly to A

Offline dave 5516

• Is in a world of shit and loves it! Loves to Buffy up Danny Dyer. A Cyclopath without a Garmin. Sadly not quite bad enough to make the worst commentator list
  • Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #762 on: July 10, 2016, 09:38:01 pm »
If I was to elbow someone in the street...what do you think the outcome might be....just because he's a famous "cyclist" doesn't or shouldn't mean he get's a pass.

"If I hadn't doped, I would never have won". "Doping improves your performance between 5 and 7 per cent, and maybe 10 to 12 per cent when you are in a peak shape.

"Doping isn't addictive but it's an instrument of power: whoever wins attracts the money; for themselves, the team and the sponsors"

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #763 on: July 10, 2016, 09:48:35 pm »
If I was to elbow someone in the street...what do you think the outcome might be....just because he's a famous "cyclist" doesn't or shouldn't mean he get's a pass.

You mean you never have, Dave?!!

:o :o

;)

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #764 on: July 10, 2016, 09:56:23 pm »
So, the next time I get knocked off my bike by a car driver..I can knock him out...

That should be the rule... ;D
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #765 on: July 10, 2016, 09:59:55 pm »

Which would have resulted in a crash and possibly his Tour over.

Offline Mad Max

• Propa bad Wool. tried it just for once found it all right for kicks. but now you found out that it's a habit that sticks.
  • Boys Pen
« Reply #766 on: July 10, 2016, 10:00:23 pm »

Go for it. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #767 on: July 10, 2016, 10:01:44 pm »

Fellaini gets away with it every week.

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: July 10, 2016, 10:02:40 pm »

Was thinking that....he got fined 200 francs....if I was to do that in work, I'd get sacked and possibly charged with assault....
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #769 on: July 10, 2016, 10:05:09 pm »
Was thinking that....he got fined 200 francs....if I was to do that in work, I'd get sacked and possibly charged with assault....

Elbows does it weekly.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #770 on: July 10, 2016, 10:06:37 pm »
Elbows does it weekly.
That's incidental.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #771 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:15 pm »
You mean you never have, Dave?!!

:o :o

;)
More than once. I don't any longer. I've lost it and it there's been carnage in the street..now it's in one and out the other...it's best for all. ;D

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #772 on: July 10, 2016, 10:09:17 pm »
That's incidental.

He should be sent off every week.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #773 on: July 10, 2016, 10:11:20 pm »
He should be sent off every week.
I agree, but his actions aren't deliberate in the eyes of the authorities, Froome doesn't have that excuse.

I recall Belli doing just what Froome did to that spectator in the Giro and he was thrown off the race.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #774 on: July 10, 2016, 10:12:12 pm »
I agree, but his actions aren't deliberate in the eyes of the authorities, Froome doesn't have that excuse.

I recall Belli doing just what Froome did to that spectator in the Giro and he was thrown off the race.

When was that?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #775 on: July 10, 2016, 10:14:51 pm »
When was that?
2001 I think.

The person he hit was Simioni's relative.

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #776 on: July 10, 2016, 10:16:04 pm »
2001 I think.

The person he hit was Simioni's relative.

Ok.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #777 on: July 10, 2016, 10:55:46 pm »
Seems reasonable.

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #778 on: July 10, 2016, 11:01:08 pm »

Pretty sure it has happened quite often before too.
Oddly I was watching the crowd closing in on the lead riders and thinking that there would be an accident sooner rather than later, especially with the idiots trying for selfies these days.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #779 on: July 10, 2016, 11:03:28 pm »
Pretty sure it has happened quite often before too.
Oddly I was watching the crowd closing in on the lead riders and thinking that there would be an accident sooner rather than later, especially with the idiots trying for selfies these days.
I've seen Contador hit a spectator, Armstrong also.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #780 on: July 10, 2016, 11:04:39 pm »
Seems reasonable.
;D

Spoken like a cyclist. ;D

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #781 on: July 10, 2016, 11:06:48 pm »
Why have you fuckers turned this into another cycling thread for fuck sakes?

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #782 on: July 10, 2016, 11:07:36 pm »
Why have you fuckers turned this into another cycling thread for fuck sakes?
Coz.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #783 on: July 10, 2016, 11:08:18 pm »
Bastards!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #784 on: July 10, 2016, 11:09:20 pm »

Offline marko35s

• Kopite
« Reply #785 on: July 10, 2016, 11:09:47 pm »
;D

Spoken like a cyclist. ;D
Finally Dave admits a mountain biker is a cyclist. [emoji1]

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #786 on: July 10, 2016, 11:11:55 pm »
This is originally a spin off from the pro-cycling thread.....so.....ner!!!      ;D

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #787 on: July 10, 2016, 11:13:53 pm »
;)

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: July 10, 2016, 11:20:56 pm »

;D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline SquirrelandGman

• 24 Hour Party People Plastic Face Carnt Smile (White Out)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Shagging a sheep somewhere.
« Reply #789 on: July 10, 2016, 11:21:36 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/59BSOlAZAW8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/59BSOlAZAW8</a>

Offline Mad Max

• Boys Pen
« Reply #790 on: July 10, 2016, 11:22:43 pm »

He's also got links to Team Sky. ;D

Offline BER

• Goat fondler.
  • Legacy Fan
  • FLOSS IS BOSS!!
« Reply #791 on: July 15, 2016, 12:44:56 am »
Refreshing honesty.

Rory McIlroy on golf drug testing: 'I could get away with it'

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/36774868

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #792 on: July 18, 2016, 02:32:58 pm »
WADA report released today. Breaking news summaries currently.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/36823453

Russia operated a state-sponsored doping programme at the Sochi Winter Olympics in 2014, claims a new report.

The country's ministry of sport "directed, controlled and oversaw" the manipulation of urine samples provided by Russian athletes, an investigation commissioned by the World Anti-Doping Agency has found.

In Putin's Russia the security services quite literally take the piss.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #793 on: July 18, 2016, 02:37:27 pm »

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #794 on: July 18, 2016, 03:05:41 pm »
643 positive tests covered up between 2012 and 2015. At a minimum, because of the inability to access all the relevant information from the Russians those 643 are just those known about. Russian ministers in their Sports Ministry (including those who've threatened to sue foreign press for claiming doping happened) decided whether to let a positive test stand or whether to make it disappear. Covers every sport, although athletics and weightlifting made up roughly half of the known 643 positive tests.

Scale of it is quite amazing.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline redbyrdz

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #795 on: July 18, 2016, 03:06:24 pm »

Seems relevant....

Vid gone.... only the German version is still there. Its a documentary about doping in russia. They already talked about the manipulated bottles about a month ago.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 09:16:34 pm by redbyrdz »

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #796 on: July 18, 2016, 08:51:39 pm »
Taking systematic doping to an incredible level. Obviously extrapolated the UPS/Armstrong days to a whole new stratosphere.

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #797 on: July 18, 2016, 08:59:39 pm »
Taking systematic doping to an incredible level. Obviously extrapolated the UPS/Armstrong days to a whole new stratosphere.
Poor fuckin Lance..... ;D

Offline Ziltoid

• Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #798 on: July 18, 2016, 09:34:32 pm »
Poor fuckin Lance..... ;D

He could have won another 6 with Putin backing and where would Froome be now??!!

Offline dave 5516

• Legacy Fan
  • Si muore sulla bici.
« Reply #799 on: July 18, 2016, 09:41:33 pm »
He could have won another 6 with Putin backing and where would Froome be now??!!
That Putin's a c*nt then. ;D

Poor  Katusha, they missed out on the good stuff from the motherland....