Author Topic: Harry Redknapp  (Read 68016 times)

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Redknapp future at Tottenham uncertain
« Reply #320 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:45 pm »
Spurs fans saying Redknapp was the best manager in their lifetime.

Kenny was more successful last season.

#fact

Where's the need? Just makes us look small time & petty. Spurs aren't us, if they view what Redknapp did as a success then let them.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #321 on: June 13, 2012, 10:47:54 pm »

#fact

A linesman's call away from winning as much last season as Spurs have in 21 years.

... But not good enough if we want to be successful, according to Ian Ayre.
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline Shabby

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #322 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:11 pm »
Eh? It said second highest.

Think it might be bedtime :D
£15m? It seems low, but what people have to remember is that the fee is irrelevant.

Offline WEST HAM PAUL

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Forever Blowing Bubbles
« Reply #323 on: June 13, 2012, 10:48:44 pm »
Goodnight, sweet prince. Surely this spells the end of Harry in football? Think Spurs with their demonstrated stability and ability to compete in the league, they could attract a bigger name than Moyes. Someone with European experience, or at least some level of domestic success. Not someone whose braved some bad resources but achieved little.

They will go for Moyes as deep down I don't think there that ambitious otherwise you'd hire a manager as u say with European experience & won trophies. Tottenham like to portray too there fans they are ambitious as like they are always linked with big names but rarely ever sign one .

Make the fans think there ambitious

Fortunes Always Hiding. 

And The Sun Shines Now

Sex bombs to the left of me would be playboy bunnies to the right and here I am stuck in the middle with my pasty white bird.

Offline Il Capitano

• Forza Liverpool. This thing of ours...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:24 pm »
Where's the need? Just makes us look small time & petty. Spurs aren't us, if they view what Redknapp did as a success then let them.

They'll be going down in the history books of 'having played good football once'. Not many clubs can say that.

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #325 on: June 13, 2012, 10:49:59 pm »
[cat amongst the pigeons]
A linesman's call away from winning as much last season as Spurs have in 21 years.

[/cat amongst the pigeons]

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #326 on: June 13, 2012, 10:50:27 pm »

I've just had a thought, wouldn't it have been interesting if we'd have hit fourth last season?

Would they have sacked Kenny after the European cup final?
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:07 pm »
Often hear rumours that Levy would want to go back to a DoF at Spurs. Apparently he thought the set up was right but that they messed up with the personnel.

Who? Comolli? No!

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #328 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:08 pm »
Stop linking Rafa with every job going in England. In fact, stop linking him and then moaning about how he shouldn't move their and how it would 'break your heart' if he did.

Face it, no one in England rates him besides us. It's sad, but true.

Online RJH

• doesn't know his alphabet
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:13 pm »
wow didnt realise that

The only noteworth thing Harry's won is the 2008 FA Cup with Portsmouth.

His honours in full:

League 1/3rd Division: 86/87, 02/03
Johnstone's Paint Trophy: 83/84
Intertoto Cup: 1999
FA Cup: 07/08

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #330 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:19 pm »
They'll be going down in the history books of 'having played good football once'. Not many clubs can say that.

Or the 'best football in the last 20 years' which was a 'breath of fresh air'.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #331 on: June 13, 2012, 10:51:22 pm »

More a reflection of Kenny's achievements than what Spurs fans think, darling.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #332 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53:04 pm »
I've just had a thought, wouldn't it have been interesting if we'd have hit fourth last season?

If we'd been pissing third, talking about the league title and then imploded because he whored himself out for another job and spent weeks on trial over tax evasion... probably not, still. But I can see why Spurs have given the resources they've invested into their team.

Offline USC19Babel

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #333 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53:13 pm »

#fact

Joking?

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 13, 2012, 10:53:31 pm »
Like the Barnsley team who were just like watching Brazil.....that we all keep going on about
Fucking hate Tottenham - Fucking hate Redknapp
+6 ticket exchange

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 13, 2012, 10:54:03 pm »
Or the 'best football in the last 20 years' which was a 'breath of fresh air'.

That 4-3 hiding they got in Milan (from that shit rafa's Inter), was talked about for months like they had won the game, or something silly like that.

Offline Purple Gorilla

• Anny Roader
« Reply #336 on: June 13, 2012, 10:57:23 pm »
Rumours that hes been lined up for a job in the middle east, somes harry up the money grabbing c*nt

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: June 13, 2012, 10:58:00 pm »
Harry did well for them,  the next appointment will need to build on that. With most likely a departure (or two) of quality players from the existing squad, however that should mean a substantial transfer kitty to go out and lure some additions.

They are at a crossroads as a club and to continue the continuity that Harry brought of bubbling around those top 4 spots and take them the next step and into those top 4 spots they'll need somebody of better ability. Is Moyes really worth betting that on? i wouldn't personally.... not when there are better candidates out there.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #338 on: June 13, 2012, 10:58:18 pm »
Months ago on that Skysports Sunday Supplement thingy, Martin Lipton was on (a Spurs fan and sort of ITK) and he said that the Spurs heirachy don't fancy Moyes at all for some reason and that he can never see that happening.

Just putting that out there.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Online JamesG L4

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 13, 2012, 10:59:05 pm »
Rafa getting the job would be fascinating.

Would be riveted to see if he could make it a success, especially in contrast with Rogers getting the job here. Wouldn't see Spurs as a club having the patience to see a long term project ran by Rafa to fruition.
---It's just a ride and we can change it any time we want. It's only a choice. No effort, no work, no job, no savings and money, a choice, right now, between fear and love-- william melvin hicks

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2012, 10:59:53 pm »
BBC saying he's gone.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:07 pm »
Some fella on the Sky Sports website comments section said that Harry was offered a new contract earlier in the year but he'd not signed in order to keep his options open....? anyone know if there is any truth in that?
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Online redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:34 pm »
Deffo gone then, on the BBC ticker now.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2012, 11:00:38 pm »
Months ago on that Skysports Sunday Supplement thingy, Martin Lipton was on (a Spurs fan and sort of ITK) and he said that the Spurs heirachy don't fancy Moyes at all for some reason and that he can never see that happening.

Just putting that out there.

Lipton got chewed out on Chelsea TV, that's how little he knows.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #344 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:01 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #345 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:24 pm »
ITV News said he's gone as well &, Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.
#Sausages

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #346 on: June 13, 2012, 11:02:52 pm »
That 4-3 hiding they got in Milan (from that shit rafa's Inter), was talked about for months like they had won the game, or something silly like that.

What was more ridiculous was the way Bale's goals were heralded as if he were the second coming of Pele. Decent goals but they were nothing special imo, punted it forward paced it past 2 players then squared up the centre backs & drilled it across the keeper it. It's hardly like he pirouetted through a packed box & smashed it in the top corner. His goal against QPR at the lane last season was more impressive imo.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #347 on: June 13, 2012, 11:03:04 pm »
From Spurs, who would dramatically improve our side?

Just bale, modric and VDV? Just sayin that this could be very positive for us, especially with those three maybe leaving.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline Craigeth

• Legacy Fan
  • Ninety six Friends, we all shall miss YNWA
« Reply #348 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:14 pm »
Why do people rate VDV? Baffles me!

Offline Cusamano

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Natural Police
« Reply #349 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:15 pm »
Harry must be done in football now surely.

All the big clubs have managers and surely he wont step down to a midtable club.
Wake up, will ya pal? If you're not inside, you're outside, OK? And I'm not talking a $400,000 a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being comfortable, I'm talking about liquid. Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. Fifty, a hundred million dollars buddy. A player. - Gordon Gekko

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #350 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:19 pm »
ITV News said he's gone as well &, Harry Redknapp will reportedly be paid £3,000,000 in compensation by Tottenham, which after tax will equate to approximately £3,000,000.
:lmao

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:51 pm »
Facking tax dodger
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:56 pm »
If we'd been pissing third, talking about the league title and then imploded because he whored himself out for another job and spent weeks on trial over tax evasion... probably not, still. But I can see why Spurs have given the resources they've invested into their team.

No, what I meant was in response to Juan regarding Ayre intimating cups aren't good enough.
If Kenny had got us to fourth and qualified for the European cup, only to have it snatched away by Chelsea would they have sacked him for not qualifying?

That would have been a real dilemma.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline DyingAtheist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #353 on: June 13, 2012, 11:04:58 pm »
Seriously, I know Spurs haven't won much, but he's done well there and I think you'd have to be a bit blind not to see it.

Very curious as to who they bring in, but Spurs may really struggle next season.

Offline dast18

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #354 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06:17 pm »

HAHAHA  ;D :lmao
If he was Dudek would've saved it...and there would be no film.

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #355 on: June 13, 2012, 11:06:46 pm »
Why do people rate VDV? Baffles me!

Have a look at his goals and assists record for Spurs.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline RojoLeón

• Brentie's #1 fan
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #356 on: June 13, 2012, 11:07:36 pm »
Seriously, I know Spurs haven't won much, but he's done well there and I think you'd have to be a bit blind not to see it.

Very curious as to who they bring in, but Spurs may really struggle next season.

He has punched at their weight. Nothing more.

Offline TALBERT

• Shite
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #357 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:08 pm »
Rafa

is Tottenham right for you?
Number 1 fan of Xabi Alonso Alberto Aquilani Raul Meireles. Barry is pure shite compared to Xabi Alberto Raul!!!!!
KIMI RAIKKONEN LEGEND WDC 2007
Gomes flapping at a ball looks like a sealion trying to have a wank!

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #358 on: June 13, 2012, 11:08:48 pm »

I don't think they would have sacked Kenny if we were 8th but 4pts out of 4th, whatever happened with Chelsea. Was the relegation form since Christmas that did for the King IMO.

On Harry this could be tremendous. Spurs players hate the new man, fall apart, and if it's Moyes, Everton are in trouble too.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Waka

• negative fucker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 13, 2012, 11:09:00 pm »
I wouldn't be one bit surprised if he refused a new contract and then whisked himself out to the middle east for ridiculous amounts of cash.