Author Topic: Watch Dogs Series  (Read 37528 times)

Offline Nikjon

• Anny Roader
  • Lori Meyers
Sv: Re: Watch Dogs - new game from Ubisoft
« Reply #80 on: February 23, 2013, 06:14:42 pm »
Wonder if there'll be any difference in the current gen and next gen versions.

Must be. At E3 we where thinking that this cant be for this gens platforms.

Thing is that the coperative parts has to be really important to get the missions done.
Like, there really should be a hard time to assasinate the target, they have to force the players in some creative thinking. What about several people play solo with the same mission - auto generated so you have to find out for yourself everything and whos your opponents should be a thing to find out as well, bla bla bla.

That was what it was about at E3 - now, naw, more like a advanced GTA with a nip of AC.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2013, 06:26:25 pm by Nikjon »
Pay! — Then I’ll sleep by your side
@NixxiSikk - Twitter
@nikkj8 - PSN

Offline iSmiff

• TECHNOBORE
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Watch Dogs - new game from Ubisoft
« Reply #81 on: February 23, 2013, 08:58:34 pm »
i'd say what you'll end up with is a pc port :)

in so much as they've probably been making this with the ps3 and xbox in mind and with better textures and higher res, more effect etc on the pc and ps4
STFU and agree with me.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #82 on: February 23, 2013, 09:11:31 pm »
So you basically want a spiderman 2 style game involving Batman?

Far from it, cos they never did that right either. It's simple really - life like vast city, just another day, put on the batman gear, see what shit happens, sort it out.

From simple muggings to major involved wrongdoings like Penguin type mob territories with multiple problems that's gonna take time righting etc, genuine mysteries or complicated crimes needing solving would be neat as well but gaming has never really nailed that one either. Of course I'd want a main batman story running through it as well but less linear than they've been so far (altho they've done well breaking it up/adding in the sidequests in Arkham).
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
  • Grew up with Houllier and Rafa teams
« Reply #83 on: February 24, 2013, 03:03:41 am »
They've said that the PS4 version is like the PS3 one but with a magnifying glass. So basically graphics and extra things for the engine to run, like the leaves that blow in the wind, etc.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 24, 2013, 03:58:18 am »
Far from it, cos they never did that right either. It's simple really - life like vast city, just another day, put on the batman gear, see what shit happens, sort it out.

From simple muggings to major involved wrongdoings like Penguin type mob territories with multiple problems that's gonna take time righting etc, genuine mysteries or complicated crimes needing solving would be neat as well but gaming has never really nailed that one either. Of course I'd want a main batman story running through it as well but less linear than they've been so far (altho they've done well breaking it up/adding in the sidequests in Arkham).
That sounds a lot like Arkham City.Maybe you're looking for Batman:Gotham City?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #85 on: February 24, 2013, 06:28:02 am »
That sounds a lot like Arkham City.Maybe you're looking for Batman:Gotham City?

I'm hoping the next Batman game will be in Gotham (and tons bigger) and what i've already said above is what I'd like it to be but I'm sure it won't. And what I want doesn't really sound like Arkham City unless you view Arkham City as an extemely dumbed down version of my preferences. Just compare what the creative director says in the latest demo and then compare with Arkham City.

The concept of Watch Dogs, if he's not blowing smoke up our arse, is way beyond what Arkham City provided in respect to 'casual' occurence of crimes needing sorting etc. It's incredibly ambitious if the city is huge, as they've indicated, unless they just replicate instances of the same crimes/events over and over again. For me, the ambition of Watch Dogs as he describes it, is where open world gaming should be going and at some velocity, in fact, it's where it should always have been going but I imagine technology has limited them, so they gave us big playgrounds but not that many toys - altho some have done fantastic jobs to the extent they could (RDR, Frontier in ACIII, San Andreas for it's time, not a Skyrim player but I understand that's up there too).
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: June 9, 2013, 11:45:34 pm »

Offline brownie 09

• Long-winded.....but never mind :)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • twitter - brownie09RAWK
« Reply #87 on: June 10, 2013, 12:20:59 am »
fucking hell! it just looks too good

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: June 10, 2013, 12:24:17 am »

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #89 on: June 10, 2013, 12:36:57 am »
CGI trailer, isn't gameplay.
:D

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: June 10, 2013, 12:48:42 am »
Aye. The game itself just looks brilliant though, CGI or otherwise.

Offline OsirisMVZ

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: June 10, 2013, 01:09:04 am »
The previous gameplay videos of this look fantastic, so its no worries on that end.

Offline usernamefc

• Kinky Winky Apiary Japery
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: June 10, 2013, 07:06:28 am »
Guess they're sticking with the assassins creed style email and side screen mission objectives/updates from the look of that CGI trailer.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #93 on: June 11, 2013, 11:02:36 am »
Game looks incredible.  I imagine a lot of the stuff will be a bit overwhelming at first, but I reckon it's going to be amazing.  Brave prediction I know ;D

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #94 on: June 11, 2013, 11:25:23 am »
Yeah I like the idea that it actually let's you play in-character. Wanna wage a war against the mega rich - do it. Want to track down seedy trafficking dens - do it. Wanna just be a criminal and steal and shoot some police - do it. I like the way it seemingly lets you build your own identity and personality despite being the same 'character'.

Think it will be a very rewarding experience - does it actually have a story mode? I imagine the tutorial will span several hours a la ACIII

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: June 11, 2013, 12:18:13 pm »
I imagine the tutorial will span several hours a la ACIII

fuck me I hope not.

what a shower of shit that was.

On the plus side, it's Ubisoft's only mis-step for a fair while (that I've noticed, anyhow!)

I am really looking forward to this.
going to be like Person of Interest - the video game.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #96 on: June 11, 2013, 12:54:43 pm »
Game looks incredible.  I imagine a lot of the stuff will be a bit overwhelming at first, but I reckon it's going to be amazing.  Brave prediction I know ;D

To be honest, I'm massively unsure about this game (as mentioned in the E3-thread). I'm just sceptical whether they can actually fill the world with enough worthwhile stuff or if you'll just end up preventing the same old crimes every day witnessing the same old stories (with some small twists). A lot will depend on the main story in my view and how they implement all the different components they have into the game. So far, I'm expecting nothing more than another open-world action game with a slightly different way of getting your (side-)missions. If it's better, I'll be pleasantly surprised. If it's exactly what I thought it would be, at least I won't be disappointed.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #97 on: June 11, 2013, 01:27:32 pm »
I'm just sceptical whether they can actually fill the world with enough worthwhile stuff or if you'll just end up preventing the same old crimes every day witnessing the same old stories (with some small twists).

This is a reasonable concern - it is the biggest weakness of the GTA franchise IMO. The games as a whole are fantastic, but there are times when the missions were essentially - drive to A, pick up B, take him/it to C, shoot some people at D, finish at E. Over and over again.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #98 on: June 13, 2013, 03:24:55 am »
This game looks better every time I see it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/wWSyEqjZ_FQ&amp;list=WL46D6FBFE9CFBCC80" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/wWSyEqjZ_FQ&amp;list=WL46D6FBFE9CFBCC80</a>
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #99 on: June 13, 2013, 08:54:09 am »
Multi player sounds amazing:

Ubisoft has lifted the lid off the multiplayer component of its upcoming open-world game Watch Dogs, detailing the Dark Souls-meets-Assassin's Creed multiplayer.

Multiplayer is not a separate mode in Watch Dogs and revolves around attempts to plant viruses on the phones of other players as they roam around their single-player game. A percentage bar appears onscreen while a player is being hacked, and this triggers a mission where the victim must track down his assailant before the virus is successfully planted. These hacking attempts can be defeated by either tracking down or killing the attacker.

All players--both the hacker and the target--see themselves as Watch Dogs protagonist Aiden Pierce, with the other player appearing as a generic in-game non-player character. Successful hackers need to blend into the world and remain incognito, Ubisoft adds, in a way reminiscent of the multiplayer seen in the Assassin's Creed series.

It will also be possible to use Watch Dogs' multiplayer to just watch other players, or grief and assist other players as they roam the environment--run vehicles off the road during a chase, for instance.

Ubisoft has yet to determine how exactly successful hackers will be rewarded for successful infiltration, but says that players become more notorious and susceptible to being hacked themselves the more times they plant viruses on others.

Ubisoft also adds that players can opt out of Watch Dogs' multiplayer modes if they wish, though all players will find themselves hacked once as part of the campaign. Watch Dogs also switches multiplayer off during its main and side missions.

Watch Dogs will be released on the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, PC, and Wii U on November 19. Xbox One and PlayStation 4 versions will follow in 2013.

Offline kopitecrash

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #100 on: June 13, 2013, 09:54:56 am »
How awesome is next gen? It's all going open world.
You could open a door with him, he's such a knob.

Offline lachesis

• RAWK Scribe
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • МАРКСИСТ
« Reply #101 on: June 20, 2013, 09:55:43 pm »
Multiplayer vid - wont last long, looks epic:

Watch Dogs Multiplayer

Offline Original

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #102 on: June 20, 2013, 10:26:16 pm »
Looks fantastic, but why make him run like Bolo Zenden?

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #103 on: June 21, 2013, 05:13:53 pm »
looks like a game that a lot of thought has gone into. exactly like assassins creed with the 360/ps3. a fresh idea that will defo end up being a series(ubisoft squeeze every penny out of)
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 31, 2013, 08:05:03 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Qqe5cUiHcOA" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Qqe5cUiHcOA</a>

This is how it'll probably look on current gen consoles:

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YZahmJIhE90" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YZahmJIhE90</a>
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #105 on: September 5, 2013, 07:14:51 am »
New 15 minute open world trailer.

Could someone imbed as I'm on my phone.

http://youtu.be/Lrro1GE9JUI

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #106 on: September 5, 2013, 12:07:01 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Lrro1GE9JUI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Lrro1GE9JUI</a>

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #107 on: September 5, 2013, 03:43:42 pm »
Blinder, thanks Fish.

Looking back at it, the online aspect looks great fun.  Can't wait to get stuck into it.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: September 5, 2013, 04:44:42 pm »
i was really impressed first time i saw anything of watchdogs and pre-ordered the ps4 version, some of the later videos have kind of put me off and i'm still not 100% sure yet

the vast majority of that video looks great but there's some dodgy animation and the driving mechanics don't look quite right but that's hard to judge watching somebody else play, the online aspect looks good as well and i like the fact you can opt out as i can see people just constantly hacking other players game's just for the sake of it which could become annoying, anyone who's played demon's souls or dark souls will know what i mean about being constantly invaded in certain hot spots

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #109 on: September 5, 2013, 05:01:24 pm »
Ah right I have never played them.  Hopefully they have thought of a way to kick people from your game if they are fucking you around.

Offline FiSh77

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: September 5, 2013, 08:52:59 pm »
there's a post further up the page that says you can opt out if you want plus you can't be hacked during missions & side quests which is good, i don't have a problem with it but there's gonna be times when you just want to roam about without people constantly fuckin with you then there'll be times when you just want to fuck other players about :)

it was easily avoided in demon's souls & dark souls just by signing out of psn, there was no voice chat and with no cross game chat it didn't matter if you were signed in or not (not sure how dark souls & cross game chat worked on 360) but with the social features on ps4 i don't want to have to resort to signing out just to stop unwanted hacking so it sounds like they've got that covered

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #111 on: September 5, 2013, 11:05:15 pm »
i was really impressed first time i saw anything of watchdogs and pre-ordered the ps4 version, some of the later videos have kind of put me off and i'm still not 100% sure yet

the vast majority of that video looks great but there's some dodgy animation and the driving mechanics don't look quite right but that's hard to judge watching somebody else play, the online aspect looks good as well and i like the fact you can opt out as i can see people just constantly hacking other players game's just for the sake of it which could become annoying, anyone who's played demon's souls or dark souls will know what i mean about being constantly invaded in certain hot spots

To be honest, the whole thing looks like a huge clusterfuck. I mean, those things look decent (except for that stupid "Hack point A to get access to another part of the city"-bit), but all this side-business could get well out of hand in a Skyrim-like way, i.e. you completely lose track of what you're actually supposed to do, because you stumble from side-quest to side-quest. I also don't like the stuff in the gun-shop. I mean the guy can hack into various devices, can steal account details and can use them to withdraw money at an ATM, but he can't fucking change his clothes or baseball-cap so people don't recognise him from about 100 miles? Awful...

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: September 5, 2013, 11:07:05 pm »
I think the whole hacking everything and having massive control kind of looks like a hassle and people fear that it may be not very easy to use. We'll see I suppose, but I'm more skeptical than I was than that first trailer.

Offline Red_Irishman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Absolutely Bobbins"
« Reply #113 on: September 6, 2013, 12:01:00 am »
I think the whole hacking everything and having massive control kind of looks like a hassle and people fear that it may be not very easy to use. We'll see I suppose, but I'm more skeptical than I was than that first trailer.

Id say it will just be one single universal control to hack everything. I can actually imagine it being alot simpler than it looks.

Like a poster above, the first clip i seen of this I could not wait for it.. Now, not so much.  :-\
“If Everton were playing down the bottom of my garden, I'd draw the curtains.” - Bill Shankly 1913 - 1981

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: September 6, 2013, 12:17:58 am »
Gutted i pre-ordered the PS4 and WatchDogs bundle now to be honest, it looks worse and worse with every video and looks completely last gen (the disadvantage of it launching on 5 systems i guess.)

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #115 on: September 6, 2013, 12:19:24 am »
You lot are mad, I think it looks amazing 8)

Offline MBL?

• England Rugby Union's biggest fan. Accepts nothing smaller than 6.5 you know......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: September 6, 2013, 12:51:20 am »
Never go with cross gen titles when buying a next gen system. has there ever been a good one with the next gen wow factor?

Offline Walshy nMeŽ

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2013, 06:45:26 am »
FIFA has the wow factor between Playstation and SNES.

Offline -Nay-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: October 15, 2013, 05:09:33 pm »
Delayed till 'spring 2014'  fuck :(

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: October 15, 2013, 05:12:45 pm »
Wonder how it affects the pre order bundle.

My interest has dwindled in it anyway