Author Topic: Watch Dogs Series  (Read 37525 times)

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Watch Dogs 2
« Reply #440 on: June 10, 2016, 12:12:02 pm »
Didn't like the first one. The Stealth/hacking element got old fast. The atmosphere was dead. And the driving was horrible.

So not hyped for this, maybe it might surprise me..

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: June 11, 2016, 03:56:09 pm »
I didn't finish the first one as a I got bored too quickly but there were loads of good things about it, I'm hoping for an Assassin's Creed style situation where they take the criticism on board from the first one and make an absolutely amazing sequel.

That's the only reason I'll follow this one. Ubisoft have previous as you mention so if they can make good on the concept then it could be great. We'll see!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #442 on: November 27, 2016, 01:21:32 pm »
Anyone tried this?

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: November 27, 2016, 03:21:28 pm »
Anyone tried this?

Yeah mate, I enjoyed the first game and think this is an improvement on it. So much stuff to do on it besides the main missions and its a lot more fun.

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #444 on: November 27, 2016, 04:28:37 pm »
I was interested in the first game before it came out but never got round to it after being slightly disappointed when I watched my mate play it.

Probably pick this up sometime down the line but not yet.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #445 on: November 27, 2016, 05:26:39 pm »
Great game, well worth picking up
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #446 on: November 29, 2016, 08:40:39 pm »
Yeah mate, I enjoyed the first game and think this is an improvement on it. So much stuff to do on it besides the main missions and its a lot more fun.

Thanks for that. I enjoyed the first game too but I haven't seen many good reviews of this. I picked up the first Dishonored game at a brilliant price today as I never played it, will probably get Watch Dogs 2 later on.

Online FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #447 on: November 30, 2016, 12:01:16 am »
what's the driving like?

watch dogs felt like driving a brick, and the less said about bikes the better

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: December 27, 2016, 11:39:00 am »
Anyone else playing this? Been hammering it over Christmas and got a feeling I'm near the end now but it's been a great game.

I enjoyed the first despite its shortcomings but this is a massive improvement on everything.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: December 27, 2016, 03:59:17 pm »
Had a decent crack at it yesterday and although the story seems a bit jumbled at first, i'm enjoying it a lot!

Massive improvement over the first game.

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: December 28, 2016, 12:14:24 am »
Bought this my mates kid and he's loving it, says its better than the first one.
choose Life.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #451 on: December 28, 2016, 12:25:53 am »
I finished it the other day and I really enjoyed all of it. Much better than the first and I actually like that one.

My mates just got it now and I'm going back so that we can do the co-op missions.
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #452 on: January 9, 2017, 01:20:15 pm »
I played it for around 8 hours in total and I love it so far.

Offline mattyyt

• Anny Roader
  • He drinks sangria
« Reply #453 on: January 10, 2017, 03:55:59 pm »
Just beat this after getting it at Christmas, brilliant game. It's nice being able to do the missions without having to just go in and shoot everybody, I probably did three or four just using my toy car

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: January 28, 2017, 12:25:13 pm »
Finally platinumed this last night! First platinum trophy ever :D

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Tapatalk

Offline JLStretton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: January 29, 2017, 03:05:21 am »
Finally platinumed this last night! First platinum trophy ever :D

Nice one, only ever platinumed one myself, The Division
choose Life.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: January 30, 2017, 01:24:49 pm »
I thought the first one was solid, but just plain grim. The sequel is better in every way, and is possibly the best non-GTA/Witcher open-world game I've ever played. Mechanically and graphically, it's great, the side missions are great, and there's a real sense of freedom to finding your solutions. The only technical issue it has is some laughably bad voicework in places.

I do have to agree with a couple of the reviews, though - a no-kill playthrough is really the only thing that makes any sense given the plot/characters. One of the reasons that the first game was so grim was that you faced consequences for killing. Killing civilians and cops would damage your reputation (a mechanic that I'm kind of happy is gone, since it was damned hard not to run over a civilian every once in a while), and Aiden Pearce's propensity for shooting all of the bad people basically lost him his family. Marcus, on the other hand, is just a goofy, happy-go-lucky guy, and remains so even if you kill 30 FBI agents on your way toward stealing a van. I am happy that it's possible not to kill anyone, though. Ridiculously hard at times, but possible.

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #457 on: February 2, 2017, 01:52:36 pm »
Finished it last night. Loved it. The spider mission was just brilliant.

Offline LFC Boy

• Kopite
  • YNWA
« Reply #458 on: February 2, 2017, 01:55:13 pm »
I thought the first one was solid, but just plain grim. The sequel is better in every way, and is possibly the best non-GTA/Witcher open-world game I've ever played. Mechanically and graphically, it's great, the side missions are great, and there's a real sense of freedom to finding your solutions. The only technical issue it has is some laughably bad voicework in places.

I do have to agree with a couple of the reviews, though - a no-kill playthrough is really the only thing that makes any sense given the plot/characters. One of the reasons that the first game was so grim was that you faced consequences for killing. Killing civilians and cops would damage your reputation (a mechanic that I'm kind of happy is gone, since it was damned hard not to run over a civilian every once in a while), and Aiden Pearce's propensity for shooting all of the bad people basically lost him his family. Marcus, on the other hand, is just a goofy, happy-go-lucky guy, and remains so even if you kill 30 FBI agents on your way toward stealing a van. I am happy that it's possible not to kill anyone, though. Ridiculously hard at times, but possible.

I quite enjoyed finishing several missions without a single kill. Some missions were impossible to finish without blood but most of them were done through putting people to sleep.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #459 on: February 11, 2017, 08:22:22 pm »
I really wanted to enjoy this but it's so bad at the basics. Maybe the third one will live up to the potential.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #460 on: February 11, 2017, 08:32:38 pm »
I really wanted to enjoy this but it's so bad at the basics. Maybe the third one will live up to the potential.
Go on, what's the basics it's so bad at?

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #461 on: February 11, 2017, 10:19:26 pm »
Go on, what's the basics it's so bad at?

Shooting, moving, characters, infinite spawning bad guys, terrible side missions, repetitive main missions. The driving was way better than the original, and the two drones were a decent addition but it was just shit at everything.

Both watchdog games came out after GTA V and they have both been bad despite the template being right there for them to steal from.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: February 11, 2017, 11:14:06 pm »
Shooting, moving, characters, infinite spawning bad guys, terrible side missions, repetitive main missions. The driving was way better than the original, and the two drones were a decent addition but it was just shit at everything.

Both watchdog games came out after GTA V and they have both been bad despite the template being right there for them to steal from.

Are you playing on PC or a console? For me the shooting is totally fine on PC. And the bad guys only spawn infinitely if you don't take out  the ones who can call reinforcements.

Offline bailey90

• Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #463 on: February 11, 2017, 11:27:43 pm »
Are you playing on PC or a console? For me the shooting is totally fine on PC. And the bad guys only spawn infinitely if you don't take out  the ones who can call reinforcements.

Mine were great on console too to be honest
Twitter: @Bailey_90

Offline Something Worse

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #464 on: February 12, 2017, 12:22:37 am »

PC, and I was usually silent until it all kicked off and then it was just wave after wave. Not even reinforcements, just villains spawning in.

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #465 on: February 12, 2017, 09:25:42 am »
PC, and I was usually silent until it all kicked off and then it was just wave after wave. Not even reinforcements, just villains spawning in.

Strange, I never had any of those issues on PS4.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #466 on: November 23, 2017, 05:48:25 pm »
Gold edition of this is £28 on XBOX store, or the standard edition is £18, great price for it.

Offline Ron

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #467 on: November 28, 2017, 11:06:35 am »
It's a nice game to play.
Nice minigames, nice gamefeatures, nice open world, all pretty well done.
But the story ...
The story is so insane that it makes the absolute shittiest Hollywood movie (Independence Day, maybe, anyone ? ...) look normal.
And that is not so bad, there are lots of crazy games out there that are great to play, like Saints Row (until they made that too crazy to ...)
But the tone of it all is serious.
That is what makes it so insane.
I am not sure what was the DLC, I think it was integrated with the version I played.
It's got some online features in the single player game too, but I doubt there are many servers still up for that.
It's a nice game to play, set in San Francisco, that's cool if you've been there in real life, but for 27 Pound ...
I'd wait a bit longer. 

Online SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: November 28, 2017, 11:12:52 am »
It's a nice game to play.
Nice minigames, nice gamefeatures, nice open world, all pretty well done.
But the story ...
The story is so insane that it makes the absolute shittiest Hollywood movie (Independence Day, maybe, anyone ? ...) look normal.
And that is not so bad, there are lots of crazy games out there that are great to play, like Saints Row (until they made that too crazy to ...)
But the tone of it all is serious.
That is what makes it so insane.
I am not sure what was the DLC, I think it was integrated with the version I played.
It's got some online features in the single player game too, but I doubt there are many servers still up for that.
It's a nice game to play, set in San Francisco, that's cool if you've been there in real life, but for 27 Pound ...
I'd wait a bit longer. 

Can get a copy for about 13 quid on PS4 with the DLC secondhand...I'm tempted at that price.

Not that I have any time to play games anymore :(
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #469 on: November 29, 2017, 09:33:01 am »
Picked this up in the Black Friday Xbox Sale and am absolutely loving it. I loved the 1st so as long as it was similar I would have enjoyed it anyway but the change of location and characters has made this game much better. It looks amazing and the story is very good in my opinion. I also love the side missions which I found a bit of a drag in the 1st game

The only downside is the driving but that is simply because I play Forza Motorsport and Horizon and the driving in GTA is better

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
Re: Watch Dogs Series
« Reply #470 on: October 25, 2020, 01:04:34 pm »
New one out on Thursday. Got it pre-ordered, really looking forward to it. Setting supposed to be stunning and the idea of playing as any character you can recruit is interesting.

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #471 on: October 29, 2020, 02:50:59 pm »
With Cyberpunk probably delayed until 2021, this has to be the standout game for me this year. Loved the second one twice as much as the first so if that trend continues its going to be an enjoyable adventure.

Having said that, Im not paying £60 for a game, ever. In fact I'm not going to pay £40 either (cheapest Ive seen) but wait until its £25-30 then hop in. Sorry UBI!
- all in my opinion of course -

Online JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #472 on: October 29, 2020, 03:53:56 pm »
Got my copy today for £43. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight!

Offline has gone odd

• a tru-ro...I mean....red!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #473 on: October 29, 2020, 09:46:43 pm »
Got my copy today for £43. Looking forward to giving it a go tonight!

Let us know how you get on please, i rarely trust "reviews" these days  :)

Its great there is another AAA game out there with a UK theme, getting tired of US or remote island based games at the moment.
- all in my opinion of course -

Online JerseyKloppite

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #474 on: October 29, 2020, 10:00:10 pm »
Enjoying it so far!

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #475 on: November 9, 2020, 08:09:24 pm »
Completed Watch Dogs Legion and I personally found it a bit meh. I thought the novelty of recruiting any NPC you encounter wore off quite easily, basically it’s an avatar that has access to the same weapons, skills etc...

I found that once that wore off then there is not much left in the game really and for me I only ended up playing with 2 types of characters, a Spy and a Hitman. The story is good but short, and London has been created so well. Some of the missions were interesting, especially the Stormzy one.

However for me I just think it needed a lot more substance to it really. Other than missions and side missions, and a bit of graffiti opportunities, plus some underground bare knuckle fights and a lame mini game of keeps uppies, there’s not really much to it I found.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #476 on: November 20, 2020, 09:05:22 pm »
Watchdogs 3 is under 40 quid on Xbox black friday sale, tempted by it but haven't played 1 or 2. Are they standalone games or should I play 1 and 2 first (on Gamepass so no cost to me)
I've played all 3 but I don't think you need to have played the others. There's similar themes to it of course, and a bit of a back story with DedSec, Blume, CtOs etc. But I'd say the Watch Dogs Legion story stands alone just fine without it.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: November 21, 2020, 02:05:04 pm »
I played the first one right through, all DLCs etc, loved the serial killer story side missions, got a fair bit through the second one, but got burned out by the usual Ubisoft bloat, 3rd one looks interesting, will pick up the Gold edition if it's on sale in 6-12 months.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #478 on: November 21, 2020, 02:14:21 pm »
£32.99 delivered at the moment from Currys. Bargain at that price imo. I completed it and sold mine for £39 last week.