Author Topic: Liverpool confirm decision to redevelop Anfield  (Read 488030 times)

Offline JohnHobbes

• Resident Expert Paronomasian
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool have decided to redevelop Anfield?
« Reply #400 on: June 19, 2012, 06:11:28 pm »
Just got a message from my mate now and here's what he had to say. The club definitely want all of Lothair and Alroy (not sure whether it's just the odds because he didn't say, but I assume it is in line with Option 3) The club have told them that it will probably be September by the time everything is in place, and while they haven't actually put a figure on it, they've told them what to expect. Existing tenants and existing owner occupiers will receive £4700 upheaval money, plus all removal costs and legal expenses if incurred. The landlord owners (and I assume he also meant the owner occupied houses) are going to receive full market value, not taking into account the current state of the area, plus 7% and legal expenses. He thinks that will be a briliant deal, because as you all know, that immediate area is fucking woeful. He's seen a 5 bed house identical to his in Arkles Lane for £120,000 and the new refurbed 4 beds in Tancred are about £100,000 - £120,000 too.  So if they ignore the state of the area, the valuations should be a lot better than your average estate agent. CPO's won't be anywhere near as decent a valuation, so the couple of people he spoke to all said they're going to snatch the club's hands off. That's all I've got for now but if he hears anything else, I'll post it up here.

Thanks for the update. Great news, September is a long wait for us fans but makes sense in realistic timelines.

Online CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #401 on: June 19, 2012, 06:28:32 pm »
I wonder what they are having to offer to Arena to get their houses as they are the biggest owners down those streets? I'm presuming a deal has already been agreed as otherwise no point approaching the individuals.

Same goes for the council who own a fair amount, are the club going to buy the remaining houses plus Arena's and sign them over to the Council in exchange for a long lease on the area? Or will the council sell the ones they own so they can get a big fee upfront?

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #402 on: June 19, 2012, 07:46:25 pm »
Anyone know if they have plans to go the other way also i.e. towards Skerries / Wylva Rd etc.

I understand the club own one side of Skerries so they seemingly have the option to do something there expansion-wise?

A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #403 on: June 19, 2012, 08:00:04 pm »
Anyone know if they have plans to go the other way also i.e. towards Skerries / Wylva Rd etc.

I understand the club own one side of Skerries so they seemingly have the option to do something there expansion-wise?

I highly doubt it, at least not during first/second phases (Main and Anny Rd).

I've also read something recently that hints the club sold off the houses they owned there, or at least entered into some agreement when they were refurbed.

Offline ttnbd

• RAWK Chief Financial Officer
  • Legacy Fan
  • ANFIELD4EVER
« Reply #404 on: June 19, 2012, 10:29:09 pm »

I don't believe the club own any on Skerries, they used to but sold them to a developer.
So all say thanks to the Shanks

He never walked alone

Lets sing our song for all the world

From this his Liverpool home

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #405 on: June 20, 2012, 10:57:33 am »
I don't believe the club own any on Skerries, they used to but sold them to a developer.

I understand it was Affordable Housing Development Company (now defunct?) and sold on to individuals http://www.newahdc.com/site/?q=overviewskerries - nothing conclusive beyond ten properties (could be LFC still own the rest)...

LFC was instrumental in this refurbishment project by agreeing to sell their ten derelict properties to AHDC at below market price...

title deed by Peter McGurk, on Flickr

From LFC website:

LFC completed the restoration of homes in Skerries Road as a template for the renewal of housing in the area. This was followed up by LCC-funded improvements to homes on the opposite side of the street and the completion of the remaining homes for sale by AHDC.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 11:08:58 am by Peter McGurk »

Offline Tony19:6

• Begets John 3:16
  • Legacy Fan
  • Born and Bred
« Reply #406 on: June 20, 2012, 09:32:38 pm »

Thanks guys,

My question was sparked as I'd read on http://anfieldsrockfieldtriangle.weebly.com/index.html somewhere (unfortunately I cant find the post) that the houses in Skerries (the side closest to the ground even numbers?) were owned by the club, hence my thinking.
A Great man once said...
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

http://twitter.com/Tony19_6

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: June 21, 2012, 06:44:33 pm »
Moyes opening the ground share can of worms again. (Only in the Mail but with quotes.)

David Moyes admits Everton would love to groundshare with Liverpool but fears the Reds would never support it.
The cash-strapped Toffees desperately need to replace Goodison Park and Moyes admits they would happily enter into a groundshare option with their near-neighbours.
However, Moyes accepts that is a probably a non-starter as it is not something the Reds, who have their own stadium plans for Stanley Park as well as considering redeveloping Anfield, would consider.
He said: 'We know we could do with some more cash and we would like a new stadium but we have an awful lot of things going for us.
'I think Everton probably need a new stadium more than Liverpool but it is not something we have in our culture because we don't share grounds.
'It does make sense, we could really redevelop the whole area around Stanley Park.
'For us it is definitely worth doing. We'd take it but I don't think Liverpool would probably want us or need us and from that point of view I think that is where it will end up.'

Offline JCM

• Anny Roader
« Reply #408 on: June 21, 2012, 07:04:34 pm »
Yep, Peter Elstone, Everton's CEO said exactly the same thing at a meeting in Manchester today.  This is definate proof, if ever there was, that LFC are very near to completing a deal to redevelop Anfield.   Over the many years of watching the stadium debate, its always been Everton's comments and reactions that have given the game away.
LFC Collectables

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #409 on: June 21, 2012, 07:08:58 pm »
Could we not sell or lease the current Anfield to the Bitters and use that money as well as naming rights Money to build a new stadium with no debt?

Surely the Bitters could not build a 45k stadium for less than £100m...... I know it's our home but of course it was once theirs!!!

I know I know..... Just an idea...... Has to be better than sharing!!!!

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: June 21, 2012, 08:08:48 pm »
Could we not sell or lease the current Anfield to the Bitters and use that money as well as naming rights Money to build a new stadium with no debt?

Surely the Bitters could not build a 45k stadium for less than £100m...... I know it's our home but of course it was once theirs!!!

45,000 seater stadium for Everton?? How many fucking people do you think live on County Road mate?
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline reddazforever

• Anny Roader
« Reply #411 on: June 21, 2012, 08:15:33 pm »
45,000 seater stadium for Everton?? How many fucking people do you think live on County Road mate?
you're forgetting the away support when a big club visits - no one suggested there were 45,000 toffees   ;D
Proudest ever moment was in the Ataturk stadium - i'm sure the wife will understand!

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #412 on: June 21, 2012, 08:23:48 pm »
They don't even have the money for half a stadium!

Offline David H

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: June 21, 2012, 08:44:59 pm »
How would everton be able to afford a stadium even if it was payed by both clubs? They have fuck all and are they really going to get in more debt? don't think so.

I imagine that we would have to pay up most of it and everton pay some fee each season, either way its just not happening is it? Can't even sell out goodison and only just sold out the the derby 1 day before, small fucking club, just accept that and move on

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: June 21, 2012, 09:12:47 pm »

Rest assured... EFC don't have the money for guarantees on their own stadium or their half of a shared stadium or rent on a piece of ours.

Football managers talking property again (a'right Arsene lad...)

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
« Reply #415 on: June 21, 2012, 10:07:26 pm »
The moment the bitters confirm they have a better stadium and facilities than currently available at Goodison and they will be brought and invested in..... Its the only thing thats stopping anyone coming in.....theyre bigger than Manchester City!!!

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #416 on: June 21, 2012, 10:10:39 pm »
The moment the bitters confirm they have a better stadium and facilities than currently available at Goodison and they will be brought and invested in..... Its the only thing thats stopping anyone coming in.....theyre bigger than Manchester City!!!

Puppy chasing its tail.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #417 on: June 21, 2012, 10:46:02 pm »

No it's not.

A new or improved stadium = more debt as they have to pay for it some how. So someone can either buy the club now and proceed how they wish with regards to stadium. Or the can buy later and inherite the debt and potentially the problems with whatever decision previous owners made (see us now).

Offline Peter McGurk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #418 on: June 21, 2012, 11:37:24 pm »
No it's not.

A new or improved stadium = more debt as they have to pay for it some how. So someone can either buy the club now and proceed how they wish with regards to stadium. Or the can buy later and inherite the debt and potentially the problems with whatever decision previous owners made (see us now).

Nah. What you have to do is find a club with a cast-off stadium from a Commonwealth Games or similar and pay the council a few bob for a decent while and then buy it off them for tuppence ha'penny (implausible as that sounds).

Offline joe ®

• Anny Roader
« Reply #419 on: June 23, 2012, 08:57:32 am »

Brought what? Brought where? Your post makes no sense.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: June 24, 2012, 02:00:01 pm »
Brought what? Brought where? Your post makes no sense.
It's an obvious typo, ya pedant.  ::)

There. Just for you.

The moment the bitters confirm they have a better stadium and facilities than currently available at Goodison and they will be bought and invested in..... Its the only thing thats stopping anyone coming in.....theyre bigger than Manchester City!!!

Oh. And I happen to agree with that. (but not necessarily the City bit)

The minute they're a more viable, financially stable club, they'll be invested in.   I'st the stadium issue that is keeping many potential investors, at arms length.

That and Bill wanting his pound of flesh, before he'd prepared to sell up.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2012, 02:02:07 pm by Big Red Richie »

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #421 on: June 24, 2012, 02:16:20 pm »
Only if they get given a stadium, for nothing. Otherwise they'll have a load of debt to service.

A new stadium is more of a mythical beast than it is for us, as we take up the vast majority of the local commercial market and they don't exactly have a stupidly large ST waiting list like us.

Offline reds88

• Kopite
« Reply #422 on: June 25, 2012, 01:52:50 am »
The minute they're a more viable, financially stable club, they'll be invested in.   I'st the stadium issue that is keeping many potential investors, at arms length.

To be financially viable (without a stadium) they need cash injection from either the current owner or new investors.  Any possibility of this happening?  Current net debt around 45million pounds?

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: June 27, 2012, 09:30:01 am »
Richard Buxton

#LFC owner John Henry tweeting a link to research into the expansion of Anfield last night was either testing the water on redevelopment or a hint of Fenway Sports Group's forthcoming plans. The extensive blog was compiled by a local architect and it seems that the Americans may be planning to adopt a similar approach to their renovation plans for the stadium.

Whose blog was this? Was it yours Peter?
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #424 on: June 27, 2012, 09:39:11 am »
Richard Buxton

#LFC owner John Henry tweeting a link to research into the expansion of Anfield last night was either testing the water on redevelopment or a hint of Fenway Sports Group's forthcoming plans. The extensive blog was compiled by a local architect and it seems that the Americans may be planning to adopt a similar approach to their renovation plans for the stadium.

Yeah it was Peters - is mentioned in another thread.

No word from Peter yet, rumours are he is in Boston.

I may of made that last bit up.

Offline Toxfixiation

• Kopite
  • 90% of the time, it works EVERY time!!
« Reply #425 on: June 27, 2012, 09:43:41 am »
Richard Buxton

yes it was peter's - only one worth reading and it should be a requirement for everyone to read it before they comment in here. The Anfield Wrap made made it clear they hadn't read it last week and sounded like pillocks
We could buy a squashed hedgehog,put him in a dress,a little makeup ,explode him with 200 pounds of C4 then scoop the bits up,put him into a pie,cook him for 45 minutes,let it cool and put it on the halfway line and he'd be a great replacement for Cole.

Offline Toxfixiation

• Kopite
  • 90% of the time, it works EVERY time!!
« Reply #426 on: June 27, 2012, 09:46:21 am »

haha brilliant!
We could buy a squashed hedgehog,put him in a dress,a little makeup ,explode him with 200 pounds of C4 then scoop the bits up,put him into a pie,cook him for 45 minutes,let it cool and put it on the halfway line and he'd be a great replacement for Cole.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #428 on: June 27, 2012, 10:16:50 am »
aye wonder how Mr Henry got wind of Mr McGurk's blog :D
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #429 on: June 27, 2012, 11:01:42 am »
aye wonder how Mr Henry got wind of Mr McGurk's blog :D
Sad bastards like me sent him the link.  I'm sure many others did too

I may  have made that last bit up.
Grammatical pedantry ;)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #430 on: June 27, 2012, 11:25:00 am »
Grammatical pedantry ;)

Oh, I thought I may of got that wrong.

;)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #431 on: June 27, 2012, 01:18:52 pm »
Yeah it was Peters - is mentioned in another thread.

No word from Peter yet, rumours are he is in Boston.

;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline danwms

• Legacy Fan
  • Walking through the storm.
    • Last FM
« Reply #432 on: June 27, 2012, 01:29:47 pm »
Does anyone have the link?

Online CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Online Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: June 27, 2012, 03:04:15 pm »
http://petermcgurk.blogspot.com/search/label/Anfield

What a brilliant blog. Definitely worth reading all five parts of the blog regarding redevelopment of Anfield. I am sold on the idea, and a true LFC supporter owes it themselves to read this blog in depth.

We have the chance to be unique by redeveloping and enhancing what we already have. We need to recognise Liverpool for what it is as a city, maximise our global revenues, make a long and truly amazing match day experience, and not get too hung up on the false pursuit of tring to compete with corporate match day revenues that the likes of Arsenal and Manchester United get. Anfield should be about something different and we can capitalise financially on what makes us different.

I am excited by the ideas set out in this blog. We can learn from the mistakes and also good points of new stadiums like the Emirates, Millenium Stadium, Allianz and Wembley, and also learn from mistakes and good points of redevelopments like Bernabeau, Old Trafford, etc. Most importantly, our owners have vital experience with Fenway Park. I have been really down on our owners over the last half year, but if they can deliver the vision set out in Peter's blog then it could deliver an amazing legacy for us. We'll see eh!
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline The Las

• Anny Roader
« Reply #435 on: June 27, 2012, 05:38:05 pm »
Match day revenue, commercial money etc. Might be it, but what seems to be forgotten here is, the fans. Their is a responsibility to the custodians of the club to embelish the club within the traditions of its history, its prestige and for the sake of its people.

70,000 seats might not make absolute magic on the balance sheet but it will fulfill the needs of a passionate fan base. Too many supporters are priced out of going to football matches, taking a family and bringing your children up in the traditions enjoyed by us is becoming impossible.

Their is an obligation to protect that very stream of supporter.

We are in danger of losing the very soul of the club, its supporters by refusing to address the demand for season ticket issue by giving supporters better facilities and more seats to sit in.

FSG naturally will look at this as a money making investment, which is fine, but doesnt always address the needs of the fans.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #436 on: June 27, 2012, 05:39:43 pm »
Match day revenue, commercial money etc. Might be it, but what seems to be forgotten here is, the fans. Their is a responsibility to the custodians of the club to embelish the club within the traditions of its history, its prestige and for the sake of its people.

70,000 seats might not make absolute magic on the balance sheet but it will fulfill the needs of a passionate fan base. Too many supporters are priced out of going to football matches, taking a family and bringing your children up in the traditions enjoyed by us is becoming impossible.

We are in danger of losing the very soul of the club, its supporters by refusing to address the demand for season ticket issue by giving supporters better facilities and more seats to sit in.

FSG naturally will look at this as a money making investment, which is fine, but doesnt always address the needs of the fans.
So what do you think would best support the needs of fans?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Online peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #437 on: June 27, 2012, 05:48:27 pm »

I think's its been proved that building a new stadium always sees a pretty significant rise in ticket prices. I'm sure someone on here will know for sure.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline dotheoffski

• Anny Roader
« Reply #438 on: June 27, 2012, 05:52:01 pm »
Yeh I live in London, and depend on the whims of my cousins (who have a number of season tickets amongst them) whether or not I get to see a game at Anfield, otherwise its nigh on impossible to get tickets.  I have sat with the Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs fans to see us play which is no fun so given that up.

But what people dont realise is that for any game down the pub here in London whether or not we are playing a London team often there are more liverpool supporters.

I played 7 a side on Monday night with a mixed bag of players, we set up reds vs colours and 6 of the reds side were in Liverpool tops.  We all agreed that if we had a larger stadium and we could get tickets that we would try and get to the games on the weekend.  Mid week games are admittedly another matter.  Overall I feel the club could fill a larger stadium than the oft mentionned 60k figure.  Unfortunately Man U did it right slowly increasing the stadium size as it became apparent they could fill the larger capacity.  If we are going for a redevelopment (admittedly I was keen on a new build) and if option C is possible then surely that is the way to go.

Offline RedPross

• Main Stander
« Reply #439 on: June 27, 2012, 05:55:53 pm »
All for the fan pqrk.... How about 5 themed pubs based on each European Cup win.... Each one named after the year...and done out themed around the location memoribilia and could do food from that location also..... So could meet in the Istanbul for a few pints and then go on to the Rome 84 for a Spag Bol :-)