Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 45667 times)

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #200 on: May 31, 2012, 09:37:26 pm »
Rodgers will bloody love this kid, think he'll teach Hendo a bit about showing himself for the ball and finding space.
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #201 on: May 31, 2012, 09:40:33 pm »
He's just anti-Henderson, anti-Lucas (in the past) and pro-Adam

Tells me all I need to know!

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #202 on: May 31, 2012, 10:00:22 pm »
Milner will move in to centre mid.

Henderson isn't good enough for the 1st and won't challenge for a spot.

Can't believe the henderson loving on here.. He isnt even that good. How Liverpool have fallen.

Just wait until Aquilani returns

For we shall be great again !!!
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #203 on: May 31, 2012, 10:04:42 pm »
maybe other fans will now know why we resented hodgson while he was here. Fair play to Henderson to get called up, but madness from a footballing perspective. he has been poor this year to put it mildly, hardly a reason to make the squad.

Lets just hope our nine players come back uninjured from the euros
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline Bob Loblaw

• Could be John Giles, or his agent.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #204 on: May 31, 2012, 10:05:23 pm »
Hope he's a success, and thrives under Rodgers obviously. Not as convinced as some mind. Just haven't seen this "intelligence" in Henderson's game last season that other have. Needs to up the aggressiveness too.

Offline Alex7

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #205 on: May 31, 2012, 10:07:11 pm »
maybe other fans will now know why we resented hodgson while he was here. Fair play to Henderson to get called up, but madness from a footballing perspective. he has been poor this year to put it mildly, hardly a reason to make the squad.

Lets just hope our nine players come back uninjured from the euros

He's been called in as back-up to CM, a position he played well in nearly every game he played for Liverpool this season.

Offline snoop123

• Kopite
« Reply #206 on: May 31, 2012, 10:10:56 pm »
He's been called in as back-up to CM, a position he played well in nearly every game he played for Liverpool this season.

we must have different opinions of what playing well is then
Liverpool are magic!! Everton are tragic

Offline KopMcGinty

• Main Stander
« Reply #207 on: May 31, 2012, 10:22:41 pm »
Henderson is merely the new Lucas.   He has talent and for me has a huge future ahead of him. He may not do;

Flashy stepover dribbles,
Pinpoint 40 yard hollywood passes
or bonecrunching stackles.

What he does is have touch and the ability to retain possesion using the ball with intelligence.  While we maybe didn't see it a huge amount last season he has really good movement off the ball too and i can see him being a perfect Rodgers player.  he may still be far from the best CM around but I see that potential.  I think by the end of this season a lot of the doubters will be reconsidering their view of the lad.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #208 on: May 31, 2012, 10:23:44 pm »
I think by the end of this season a lot of the doubters will be reconsidering their view of the lad.

This season is over mate, can't wait for next season though!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #209 on: May 31, 2012, 10:26:24 pm »
Well done Hendo! Now go and shut the haters up  :)
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #210 on: May 31, 2012, 10:38:59 pm »
Fair play to the lad. Not sure how much game time he'll get or how he will be used if he does come on, but it's good experience for him nevertheless.

Personally I'm more interested in how he will fit in the Rodgers plans. I think he will be a player that will fit in well with the way Rodgers likes to play. He is a water carier in the midfield and the ball intelligently, which I think wil see him more involved through the middle than wide right. He'll probably play less than he did under Kenny as well, but that isn't such a bad thing for his development. I think Brendan may be the man to install some much needed confidence and grit into Jordans game, much like Rafa did with Lucas.

This boy's got a big future, and Fordy saying he is shit only makes me more confident of that.
It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline Bangin Them In

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: May 31, 2012, 11:05:57 pm »
Not fussed about England, but whatever makes the lad happy and elevates his status and confidence I'm all for.

Don't really get the vileness of some with agendas about this lad and Carroll
A win for the Liverpool country

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: May 31, 2012, 11:06:32 pm »
Aldo is a fucking bell, just talking about henderson on SSN, he's a fucking kid, and all this fella can do is talk shit about him, criticise him, doubt his credentials both for club and country, i know alot of people (including myself) have had an opinion on one player or another this season but...i think you should have a bit more about yourself when your in the position aldo is. i.e being on the tele, he worked for LFC tv last year too aswell, and he came across as a blert on there n all talking about the younger lads.

Offline Il Nina

• Legacy Fan
  • I just can't get enough...
« Reply #213 on: May 31, 2012, 11:10:51 pm »
Aldo is a fucking bell, just talking about henderson on SSN, he's a fucking kid, and all this fella can do is talk shit about him, criticise him, doubt his credentials both for club and country, i know alot of people (including myself) have had an opinion on one player or another this season but...i think you should have a bit more about yourself when your in the position aldo is. i.e being on the tele, he worked for LFC tv last year too aswell, and he came across as a blert on there n all talking about the younger lads.

I agree, there's no need for him to be so critical.
“Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.”

Offline Fanxxxxtastic

• Will be very sadly missed on RAWK and elsewhere.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm a proud cyber terrorist!
« Reply #214 on: May 31, 2012, 11:13:04 pm »

What's new?  He used to slag Lucas to fuck back in the day.  Shows that nothing has changed.
http://twitter.com/Fanxxxxtastic

"A big heart has space for everyone" - Rafa Benitez

Smash the cull!  Smash the BNP!

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: May 31, 2012, 11:16:40 pm »
all the kop flop jokes about the england side are getting pretty boring already.  hope they all put in a good shift when given the chance.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: May 31, 2012, 11:21:07 pm »

Didn't think he was that harsh to be honest, he did say he started to show signs of what he can offer in the latter half of the season.
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline ToddsonHoddson

• Eater of hats
  • Main Stander
  • Deep Tech Disco House
« Reply #217 on: May 31, 2012, 11:22:33 pm »
His ball control is better than most think. Hendo will come good. Not just as a defensive player but an all round midfielder.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #218 on: May 31, 2012, 11:27:40 pm »
His ball control is better than most think. Hendo will come good. Not just as a defensive player but an all round midfielder.

since when is he a defensive midfielder?

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #219 on: May 31, 2012, 11:31:54 pm »
Great news

Means he wont be off to the Olympics. Which is a positive.

My first thought exactly.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: May 31, 2012, 11:32:53 pm »
« Last Edit: June 1, 2012, 05:06:15 pm by Z e u s »

Offline Red Eyed

• Legacy Fan
"Just try, if we can do it, wonderful and if not, then fail in the most beautiful way"

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #222 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:08 pm »
Nice video

Sent it to B.R. someone.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: May 31, 2012, 11:39:30 pm »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aE9T46YamvQ

Some of those posts that come up at the start are fucking disgusting. Some right nob heads following us.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #224 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:10 pm »

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: May 31, 2012, 11:40:48 pm »
Some of those posts that come up at the start are fucking disgusting. Some right nob heads following us.

It's youtube, every video has disgusting comments.

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: May 31, 2012, 11:41:45 pm »
It's youtube, every video has disgusting comments.

Was the Facebook posts that came up in the video I'm onabout, I don't read Youtube video comments anymore. ;D

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: May 31, 2012, 11:43:22 pm »
Was the Facebook posts that came up in the video I'm onabout, I don't read Youtube video comments anymore. ;D

Oh right, well that's just as bad, full of twats.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: May 31, 2012, 11:46:16 pm »
Not one stepover in that vid. Shite.

Haha very true.

But seriously, that video shows he is a very complete player really.  He can pass long and short, first time or two touch, can shoot, can tackle,has a good engine and energy.

Add to that his height which helps him in the air.

There is a lot to like about Henderson and I can't wait to see him in centre midfield alongside Lucas. 

Could be a boss little partnership.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #229 on: May 31, 2012, 11:51:35 pm »
Haha very true.

But seriously, that video shows he is a very complete player really.  He can pass long and short, first time or two touch, can shoot, can tackle,has a good engine and energy.

Add to that his height which helps him in the air.

There is a lot to like about Henderson and I can't wait to see him in centre midfield alongside Lucas. 

Could be a boss little partnership.

Im not even worried about Hendo. He will become a very fine player, no doubt in my mind. Has far too much going for him for it not to happen. He's also very switched on a determined to be the best he can be by all accounts.

Next season he'll be a star larker for us. Rodgers and Lucas will will see to that.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #230 on: May 31, 2012, 11:52:33 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread are beyond belief. How is it possible that people can say he 'isn't good enough' when he's 21? 21!
About 6 years off his peak and being crucified. Incredible.

Offline ConqueredAllOfEurope

• Shit, just realised I can have a custom title...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: May 31, 2012, 11:53:10 pm »
I honestly think under Rodgers, he can become a top top player for us, and I am not on about in 5 years time but more in the nearer future.

Hope he takes all the criticism he got on the chin and train extra hard (like Lucas).
"We have to change from doubter to believer... now"

Offline stardorman

• Very gullible, please avoid showing him photoshops
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • working in a coal mine, going down, down, down..
« Reply #232 on: May 31, 2012, 11:56:18 pm »
Some of the posts in this thread are beyond belief. How is it possible that people can say he 'isn't good enough' when he's 21? 21!
About 6 years off his peak and being crucified. Incredible.
I know mate.. cannot believe some fan attitudes.
Even Aldo on Sky talkin negatively bout the lad. He'll come
good absolutely no doubt in my mind.

Offline greeny01

• Anny Roader
  • Number One is Carragher....
« Reply #233 on: May 31, 2012, 11:56:43 pm »
Made up for him...Had a difficult first season played out of position, stuck at it and put some decent performances in.  As for being picked for England, its not the lads fault others are injured or have sulked, he's played well for the 21's and the manager feels he's next in line so fair play get behind the lad. He might just come back having learned a bit watching and playing against the best players in Europe.  Good Luck Jordan

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: June 1, 2012, 12:00:46 am »
Stick he's getting from england fans already is pathetic

Hope he performs brilliantly and shuts them all up, he's class in my opinion

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: June 1, 2012, 12:06:59 am »
Made up for him. Hopes he proves a lot of people wrong.

Offline Severely

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We go again
« Reply #236 on: June 1, 2012, 12:15:46 am »
It's good to see him getting a lot of support at the moment, but I can't wait until his first quiet performance next season for all the haters to come back and scream for his head.

Really happy for the kid, he must be made up having made the England squad for the Euros. Think he was made for Rodgers' system really. This could really push him to become a top, top player, and the best part is, no-one really knows how he'll develop. I can see him becoming the Alonso-type who dictates play, or a box-to-box engine, or even following Lucas' path.
HERE LIES JOSE MOURINHO

THE BALL WAS OVER THE LINE

R.I.P.

Offline Melbred

• Kim cloned.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: June 1, 2012, 12:24:46 am »
He'll hardly play, but the stick he's getting is ridiculous.

Carrick didn't want to go on standby, and Henderson did. That's why he's in the squad.

Offline sideshowme

• aka Bob
  • Legacy Fan
  • the king: making grown men feel like 10-year olds
« Reply #238 on: June 1, 2012, 12:43:32 am »
that video nicely demonstrates what i was saying all last season, that he is one of the few players in our squad to actually embody pass and move.  it's a shame nobody else did (other than lucas, and, when he played, dirk).

the first touch, perfectly weighted through balls that we never scored from deserve more exposure, as do the lung-busting runs to provide a passing option in attack.

i really hope he doesn't play for england this summer.
Dudek saaaaves for Liverpoool!  Liverpool have won the Champions' League!  Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart!

Offline redmark

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: June 1, 2012, 12:47:16 am »
that video nicely demonstrates what i was saying all last season, that he is one of the few players in our squad to actually embody pass and move.  it's a shame nobody else did (other than lucas, and, when he played, dirk).

the first touch, perfectly weighted through balls that we never scored from deserve more exposure, as do the lung-busting runs to provide a passing option in attack.

i really hope he doesn't play for england this summer.

Presses well too, has an eye for spotting the moment to steal the ball. That video is a nice reminder of his qualities and how he could excel in Rodgers' system. I'm in a rosy, optimistic mood but think he could have a real breakthrough season coming up.

Stop whining : https://spiritofshankly.com/ : https://thefsa.org.uk/join/ : https://reclaimourgame.com/
The focus now should not be on who the owners are, but limits on what owners can do without formal supporter agreement. At all clubs.