Author Topic: Kenny Dalglish  (Read 30542 times)

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
Re: Kenny Dalglish
« Reply #120 on: May 28, 2012, 04:22:16 pm »
What an excellent OP, and my hat goes off to the author for his words which have clearly come from the heart.

What does stick in my throat is the attitude of some that unless you think FSG are cold, ruthless, stone hearted, untustworthy outsiders from across the pond, then you arent really a proper fan. If you dont want to rise against them, then you and you're opinion doesnt really count as a fan.

Let me tell you, I have supported this club since 1978, I have been to countless games, home, away and in Europe. I have shed tears of despair, tears of happiness, I have fought with other people, I have had stand up arguments with total strangers, I have cancelled parties, dates with women just to see them play, I have been shouted at by Policemen and stewards at Anfield for getting too emotional. What for...... to follow the club that I adore with all my heart.

One day in school, a teacher walked into class and announced with glee, "Kenny Dalglish has resigned", I was 12 years old. I remember vividly biting my lip and swallowing hard, trying not to cry in front of girls and my friends. Then walking into my house and sobbing. "Come on now, would Kenny want to see you crying like this?" my mum asked me as she wiped away my tears.

Fast forward to May, when I had to endure the whoops of delight from my Mancunian colleagues when we would sit and watch the match during quite spells in work, or when we would read the Monday morning papers. "King Kenny is past it!" they would say, half-jokingly, waiting for the explosive reaction from me which always come, "Get to fook!" I'd shout at them.
But in my heart of hearts I was concerned for the great man, his excuses were becoming predictable, he didnt look healthy, he was constantly sniping at the media, could the great man take much more of the underperforming and bad luck that apparently haunted us?

I used to go in my local pubs in Huyton and listen to friends and other locals discuss the situation at the club, "Kenny needs to step down", "Give him time", "Give him another season", "He's gonna resign after Wembley". Peoples - Scousers - supporters, their opinions were divided.
Myself, I had it into my head that he should be given one more season, let the great man try again, continue rebuilding.

When he was sacked, I was saddened but not surprised. I felt an overwhelming feeling of sorrow, sorry that it had come to this. But I can hand on heart say, it didnt make me turn on FSG, it didnt make me take to Twitter to abuse John Henry and his missus. Thats not my way, and not the way of 99% of our fans, we are better than that.

What I am trying to say is, and I mean no offence, nobody - not one person, has got the right to question my love for Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish or anyone who I hold close to my heart - That includes Rafa and my little mate Luis Garcia.
Giving a bit of trust to FSG is not insulting the legacy of a man who I adore, and will always adore for the rest of my days, and anyone who says otherwise has got a bastard cheek!

You do what you think is right, mate. But fuck FSG, this is a thread paying homage to Kenny and mention of those fuckers just pollutes it.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline kdorg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #121 on: May 28, 2012, 04:22:36 pm »
Great OP and I echo Dr. Beaker's sentiments entirely.

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #122 on: May 28, 2012, 04:35:39 pm »
You do what you think is right, mate. But fuck FSG, this is a thread paying homage to Kenny and mention of those fuckers just pollutes it.

How do you work that out?!
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #123 on: May 28, 2012, 04:36:03 pm »
Thing is Leo, you are wrong, he was exactly the man to come back to the club, to unify us after the biggest rift in our history and expose the arseholes for what they are. The Ian Ayres of this world, the FSG's with their two faced bullshit and the modern day Liverpool fan, particularly the type that frequent internet chat rooms, expounding the relative merits of Martinez, Van Gall, Rodgers or playing fantasy football with Klopp and Guardiola.

Even in his dignified exit he has done more to illustrate everything that is wrong woth football and this club in particular than many of those arseholes will ever get their head around, FSG have shown their hand yet the same pricks don't even see it. The amount of times I've seen over the past few weeks that we should give them time, that they have done nothing wrong, well, at best, its a fucken joke.

Kenny united us, we divided us. The next fella, he won't have a chance, if these pricks are only willing to give Kenny Dalglish one very difficult season, then what chance has anybody else fucken got?

CTR, boss post mate, deserves a wider audience, you more likely got it if you'd entitled it 'who should replace Kenny Dalglish?' Agree with every sentiment, a man who spent his days fighting for us, shit on by owners who care nothing for us, a man with Liverpool and Liverpool fans in his heart, while we stood idly by chatting shit about who the next manager will be. Have we been here before?

Thanks for everything Kenny
No, John. You've missed why I didn't want him to take the job permanantly. I knew these people would turn on him, once they didn't get what they demanded.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline astowell1

• Legacy Fan
  • Klopp!
« Reply #124 on: May 28, 2012, 04:36:45 pm »
Miss him desperately already.

Offline Never Gonna Walk Alone

• Kemlynite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #125 on: May 28, 2012, 04:39:20 pm »
why no Fagan and Rafa? Fagan did very well and of cos Rafa got us the fifth and fought for our club..

Shankly, Paisley, Fagan, Dalglish, Rafa.
Give Kenny Dalglish all the support he needs, dun let him walk alone, especially when the skies are grey..

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: May 28, 2012, 04:44:26 pm »
I don't know about the whole 'bigger than the club' debate, but he embodies everything about the club. If the Liverpool FC was a person, that it'd be Kenny Dalglish. Sacking him from any position within the club is just wrong, and the club will be poorer without him.

Great OP. Many shared sentiments there. Fuck, I'm 34 and he's still a role model for me! :D
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: May 28, 2012, 04:49:15 pm »
Thanks everyone.

It is just my own personal expression of (some of) the esteem and affection I have for Kenny Dalglish. No more and no less. It came out the way it did in a big tumble.. I'm not religious, but I do consider Kenny Dalglish the nearest thing I will have to a God.  And it was because a few were taking the usual snide digs at the man, then ducking. Well, they blew my cover so I shot back. And got a warning off a great mod.  But I was angry. How dare these people consider they can bollock Kenny Dalglish??  Its fucking appalling behaviour.  The 3 greatest disasters in British football, and he was present at each and every one... as an apprentice, player, then manager.

Religious or not, that gives me a chilling feeling.  Is he something even more than we lucky ones think?

To be honest, I feel sorry for those who criticise him.  Truly I do.  They must never have been lucky enough to see what he did, or else they really have no joy in their hearts.  And furthermore, they can't even learn from the lessons of our own very recent history.  To me, this combination warrants pity as much as anger.

Fats, you know i didn't want the man to take on the permanent job either. You and me discussed as much at the time.  He was a patsy, and this was always going to happen. Fortunately his Legend does appear to have survived. Thats the greatest thing of all.

And to the usual suspects (Montys, Doc, Fats, John mac, Roy,viva, kdorg I'm adding you, as well as others), thanks for your kind words.  Don't derail it, its just my thoughts. I tried to attack nobody, I can do that other places.

Offline cowtownred

• We're only making plans for Nigel, We only want what's best for him, We're only making plans for Nigel, Nigel just needs a helping hand
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #128 on: May 28, 2012, 04:52:02 pm »
why no Fagan and Rafa? Fagan did very well and of cos Rafa got us the fifth and fought for our club..

I love Rafa almost as I do Kenny.  I think Joe was very under-rated.  You could make a case for Roy Evans, Ronnie Moran.

Great, great people. True Red values attitude and service. 

But no mate, you had to be there.  Shankly, Paisley and Kenny Dalglish.....   they are on a Level no-one gets near.

Offline Never Gonna Walk Alone

• Kemlynite
« Reply #129 on: May 28, 2012, 05:04:06 pm »
I love Rafa almost as I do Kenny.  I think Joe was very under-rated.  You could make a case for Roy Evans, Ronnie Moran.

Great, great people. True Red values attitude and service. 

But no mate, you had to be there.  Shankly, Paisley and Kenny Dalglish.....   they are on a Level no-one gets near.

noted mate. They are the top 3 who embodies Liverpool Football club. Its really a shame that Dalglish was sacked, he should never have been sacked. While Rafa is not in new owner's radar.. which means these 2, out of the 5 i mentioned, which i considered them both as legends who are still alive and really understand Liverpool Football Club will be gone too.. its really a shame..
Give Kenny Dalglish all the support he needs, dun let him walk alone, especially when the skies are grey..

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: May 28, 2012, 05:18:30 pm »
My 5 year old refers to Dalglish as 'King Kenny'. No matter what happens, he always will be that. He's done more for Liverpool Football Club than anyone ever will. It's up to us to ensure he keeps that title.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline AULD-OLDIE

• Anny Roader
  • Quiza-un-dia
« Reply #131 on: May 28, 2012, 05:32:31 pm »
Just read what CTR posted and the subsequent remarks; which other former player has got what LFC is all about. His family had to suffer his breakdown after first stepping down as manager wholly due to his passion for the club during the Hillsborough period;  then to have his wife's life blighted by her health worries. Did they wallow in self pity ? NO. they established a charity to help other people whose lives are affected by that dreadful desease.  Kenny didn't have to answer the SOS from our latest owners but he did as he "gets" what the genuine supporters want.  Hope he reconsiders the offer (as indicated by his son Paul) and accepts a post which would be of great benefit to LFC in our future.   So to all the "doubters" of Kenny, don't forget we all make mistakes in our lives. 
Truth - 12.09.2012.
Now for JUSTICE !

Offline bigbonedrawky

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: May 28, 2012, 06:32:22 pm »
You speak from the heart CTR and it echoes something i heard back in 1988 while sat in a pub listening to some old bloke chatting about Liverpool FC.
I'd thrown my hat into the ring saying something like"Kenny is a King he's the best Liverpool Manager ever" he shook his head "Shanks... he was like Jesus and Paisley he was one of his disciples" I got as far as "So does that make Joe and Kenny disci..." He just smiled and nodded.

Bob Paisley may be my favorite disciple nowadays but Kenny is still a King and he's one of Shankly's disciples.

YNWA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #133 on: May 28, 2012, 06:38:40 pm »
kenny and the club go together hand in hand entwined together in a great legacy.  the only exception to the rule as they stand for everything lfc is about

Kenny is a great man. The greatest man to every represent this club, but he still isn't bigger then the club. No man is.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #134 on: May 28, 2012, 06:39:39 pm »
No, John. You've missed why I didn't want him to take the job permanantly. I knew these people would turn on him, once they didn't get what they demanded.

I didn't Leo,  knew exactly what you were saying, but just think that without him it would have been much, much worse. I actually agreed at the time, I was really wary of him taking over, that went west at Old Trafford, as soon as he walked out.

Everything Kenny has done, and everything he has done for us, well I can't say enough.
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline gatcliffe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: May 28, 2012, 06:40:15 pm »
Brought a lump to my throat seeing the King on touchline again last night managing ROW with Rushie as his assistant how ironic at same ground where he came back to help this great club out of a crisis.
Like a bottle of wine the reds get better and better.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2012, 06:42:51 pm »
He would say that because that's the kind of bloke he is. But Kenny is massive and embodies what was LFC.

No he would say that because its true. Yes he embodies what the club is about and thats why we love him so, but he not bigger then the club and its dangerous to think so imo. Kenny, Bob, Shanks, or Joe wouldn't have it that way either.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2012, 06:50:55 pm by Mr Rossi »

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2012, 06:43:38 pm »
Nothing will ever tarnish the King for me. Not even the past year. I get why some argue that they wished FSG never gave him the job, because they would turn on him, or dampen his legacy. Not for me. Not ever. I was so thrilled to see him on the touchline again. They could bring him back and sack him again, but he will always be the King to me.
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2012, 06:44:38 pm »
I didn't Leo,  knew exactly what you were saying, but just think that without him it would have been much, much worse. I actually agreed at the time, I was really wary of him taking over, that went west at Old Trafford, as soon as he walked out.

Everything Kenny has done, and everything he has done for us, well I can't say enough.
I love the fella. You know that. And even though I didn't think it was going to work, once he got the job on a contract, I said nothing but good. It was the truth though, anyway. In fact, Kenny proved me wrong. Far as I'm concerned, he succeeded well beyond what I expected. He should have been left to complete the job, but not just out of loyalty... the man was on his way to rebuilding something. It showed in the football, never mind the trips to Wembley. And given time, he may well have built us another great side. Now we'll never know, and that's wrong on so many levels, I can't begin to explain it all. It's just the way it is at LFC now, John mate... image and money, everything else counts for fuck all.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline kenworthy

• but Deirdre isn't
  • Legacy Fan
  • He hits them from 40 yards...
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2012, 06:47:00 pm »
No he would say that because its true. Yes he embodies what the club is about and thats why we love him so, but he not bigger then the club and its dangerous to put anyone above the club imo. Kenny, Bob, Shanks, or Joe wouldn't have it that way either.

I agree with Rossi. That's what made him LFC through-and-through. The fact that he lived an ethos that no man is bigger than the club. He really believed that. It wasn't an act. He didn't put that on. That's exactly why he was an embodiment of the club. If Kenny tells me he is not bigger than the club then I believe him. He is the King and that was his mantra. Who am I to argue with that?
★      ★      ★      ★      ★
77     78     81     84     05
               YNWA

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: May 28, 2012, 06:48:50 pm »
I agree with Rossi. That's what made him LFC through-and-through. The fact that he lived an ethos that no man is bigger than the club. He really believed that. It wasn't an act. He didn't put that on. That's exactly why he was an embodiment of the club. If Kenny tells me he is not bigger than the club then I believe him. He is the King and that was his mantra. Who am I to argue with that?

Exactly.

Offline thereader

• Weerrrdapeeepeeehllllllll!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: May 28, 2012, 06:52:44 pm »
No he would say that because its true. Yes he embodies what the club is about and thats why we love him so, but he not bigger then the club and its dangerous to put anyone above the club imo. Kenny, Bob, Shanks, or Joe wouldn't have it that way either.
If I can intrude I'd certainly agree with that, a club is on very dangerous ground if any individual is considered bigger.

A club and the fans will always be there long after anyone else. 

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #142 on: May 28, 2012, 06:55:47 pm »
Kenny is a great man. The greatest man to every represent this club, but he still isn't bigger then the club. No man is.

I understand your point so lets go for bigger than the owners and their corporate principles then!

Kenny is as close as you get to being this club in human form, everything about him adheres to the principles laid down by Shankly, he is sadly now a dying breed in football and at this club, a man who will not sell his principles for any price, a guy who is still loyal to the club and fans that where sadly so disloyal to him!

One perfect example of the man is we asked him back we then dumped him like an old sock and yet still he is ready and willing to help us out again if we need him, can you see any other person doing this then?
Mellowing and Retired, and stayed around long enough to watch the Tories implode

Offline redrockydennis

• Annie Wilkes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • gonna paint me jarg wheelie bin purple
« Reply #143 on: May 28, 2012, 06:59:45 pm »
Read the OP this morning and it's spot on, then my brother in law, who's a red, bounces in my house banging on about "what the fuck has kenny done for Liverpool? Can't wait to see martinez" and the prick wonders why I hate him.
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes,
of controlling the ball and of making yourself available to receive a pass.
It is terribly simple."

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #144 on: May 28, 2012, 07:00:13 pm »

Offline Lothairio

• Kopite
  • Facci Sognare
« Reply #145 on: May 28, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »
Brilliant OP. OMG what a holy fckn mess this club is in now :(
Hat, cap, scarf, or yer badges...

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: May 28, 2012, 07:08:36 pm »
I understand your point so lets go for bigger than the owners and their corporate principles then!

Kenny is as close as you get to being this club in human form, everything about him adheres to the principles laid down by Shankly, he is sadly now a dying breed in football and at this club, a man who will not sell his principles for any price, a guy who is still loyal to the club and fans that where sadly so disloyal to him!

One perfect example of the man is we asked him back we then dumped him like an old sock and yet still he is ready and willing to help us out again if we need him, can you see any other person doing this then?

1) Agreed

2) Who? Cant be many of them about.

3) Probably not.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #147 on: May 28, 2012, 07:12:31 pm »
How do you work that out?!

Pretty simple mate. They fired the greatest living legend of our club. Dragged him over to the States and fired him. Did JHenry and Kenny have a chat over latte's beforehand I wonder? As I said you do what you think is right but paying compliments to FSG on this thread was a little off the mark for me, no offence.

Don't wanna derail this fabulous thread. Happy to continue our discussion through PM though.
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blessed are the Cheesemakers
« Reply #148 on: May 28, 2012, 07:30:22 pm »
What I am trying to say is, and I mean no offence, nobody - not one person, has got the right to question my love for Liverpool Football Club, Kenny Dalglish or anyone who I hold close to my heart - That includes Rafa and my little mate Luis Garcia.
Giving a bit of trust to FSG is not insulting the legacy of a man who I adore, and will always adore for the rest of my days, and anyone who says otherwise has got a bastard cheek!

At this moment in time we cannot detach Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool Football Club. The man is Liverpool Football Club, the last of a dynasty. I feel FSG with one foul swoop have almost confined that dynasty to the history books.

FSG only found out who Kenny Dalglish really was when the reappointed him. They had to get him out whilst they had the chance, one more year and he may not as been as easy to remove.
*****LFC Purveyors of fine football tradition since 1892*****

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #149 on: May 28, 2012, 07:39:38 pm »
At this moment in time we cannot detach Kenny Dalglish from Liverpool Football Club. The man is Liverpool Football Club, the last of a dynasty. I feel FSG with one foul swoop have almost confined that dynasty to the history books.

No he isn't, hes a great man who embodies everything good about Liverpool football club. But isn't Liverpool football club, nor is he bigger then Liverpool Football club. We are Liverpool Football club.

Offline Danny_

• Amnesiac_
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: May 28, 2012, 07:43:53 pm »

Neither of those are anywhere near on a par with the other 3.  We loved Rafa because he was one hell of a manager and won us the European cup along with keeping us in the CL on a shoe string budget year after year.   Fagan was a good manager also but neither contributed anything near what Shankly, Paisely or Dalglish contributed to our success.  That's why.

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: May 28, 2012, 07:45:32 pm »
No he isn't, hes a great man who embodies everything good about Liverpool football club. But isn't Liverpool football club, nor is he bigger then Liverpool Football club. We are Liverpool Football club.

Liverpool Football Club has lost its way, its philosophy and what it stands for. The chain has been broken and the way I see it Kenny is the only link to rejoin it.

Offline CrazyRedMachine

• Main Stander
« Reply #152 on: May 28, 2012, 07:47:34 pm »
Liverpool Football Club has lost its way, its philosophy and what it stands for. The chain has been broken and the way I see it Kenny is the only link to rejoin it.

not quite the same but i think rafa coming back and Kenny given another role as an ambassador would be the perfect way to bridge the old and the new

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #153 on: May 28, 2012, 07:50:48 pm »

We as fans who are the one's who can keep that philosphy and what it stands for going. We shouldn't just give up on it all just because a Legend has left our midst. Its up to us to carry on the true values of this club and not let it be forgotten by the generations to come.

Offline CrazyRedMachine

• Main Stander
« Reply #154 on: May 28, 2012, 07:55:21 pm »
We as fans who are the one's who can keep that philosphy and what it stands for going. We shouldn't just give up on it all just because a Legend has left our midst. Its up to us to carry on the true values of this club and not let it be forgotten by the generations to come.

agreed, i dont think we should expect it of the owners in this day and age. I just want them to invest the money they can, make as much money for the club as they can and run it as a solid successful business. Its up to us to keep our history alive, worship our players and keep a great atmosphere inside the ground. Lets face it we have not exactly done our bit as far as the atmosphere in the ground goes have we

Offline BCCC

• Or B square
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: May 28, 2012, 07:55:38 pm »

Read that back to yourself. The fanbase is already shot.

Offline RedHandGang

• Kopite
« Reply #156 on: May 28, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »
There is an awful lot of vitriol on this site at the minute.  Its been that way for a few years to be honest.

From those who thought, in 2007, that Gillett and Hicks were like Noah and his missus... about to sail us away on an ark to salvation  (and others who thought we'd be shipwrecked).

Then there was the pro/anti-Rafa divide.

Some thought he was Moses, and would lead us to the Promised Land.  Many more thought we would be slaves for ever.

Now its FSG.  Some who trust. Others who need to have trust earned. And a sizeable number who won't ever get on board.

I have a major problem, and its this.  I can't wait for some of the replies I'm gonna get....and in a way its kind of going to confirm what I have been thinking for a while (but I'll wait to see).

To me, following the biblical thing, Kenny Dalglish is, and always has been, Jesus Christ.  Yes, maybe there was a Holy Trinity of Father, Son and Holy Ghost. For those read Shankly, Paisley and Dalglish in whichever order you choose. (I'd have Shanks as the Big Boy, Paisley as the Spirit, but Kenny as the Jesus figure).

Thats how I have regarded Kenny Dalglish all my life.  He was the greatest footballer I ever saw.  I first saw him play at Ibrox, when I was 10. I was in the Celtic end, a few months after the disaster, and Celtic won 3-0.  A young fella came on as sub.  Dalglish.

When I went to my first match to see Liverpool play, in Belfast, 1977;  there was a new lad not playing, but just arrived at the club... Dalglish.

When I went to my second Liverpool match, that fella scored the only goal, and whats more...  I got to kiss him after he scored.  Dalglish.

For 25 years (and a bit more), Kenny Dalglish never, ever, put a foot wrong in his life.

He was a model trainee, at Celtic.   I know this, because the man who does my car tyres now was a Celtic trainee at that time.  Dalglish used to give my mate Kevin McCool a lift to training. And he was a role model when he was 20.

He was the greatest player we ever had, and Scotland ever had.

He married, raised kids. He never played away, did he?  His standards of behaviour, the kids he raised... he is a role model that our society would do well to try and copy.  A fucking perfect gentleman.

He managed us in the true manner of all he'd been taught....as the LAST member of The Liverpool Way Club.  Success a plenty; but achieved in the right way.

Then he did what no man should expect to ever do.  He leads out HIS team...LIVERPOOL... to a European Cup Final in 1985.   Then, if thats not enough, he does the same and worse (much, much worse) as a young manager, 4 years later in Sheffield.

I'm not going to go on and spell out what Kenny Dalglish then did. How he fought tragedy at home due to his wife's illness.  Or the Charity work he did. How he coped with severe PTSD.  And eventually how he answered the call to try to unite a fractured Club in the aftermath of their worst disaster since 1989.  He answered the call, but probably knew he was drinking out a poisoned chalice.  How he would not get the chance to reacquaint himself with the running of a team after 15+ years away.  No. He was a lame duck.

He was called by the paymasters, because he was the only one they knew they could ask. Imagine had they asked Martinez then?  After Hodgson?  There'd been riots in April.

So, these Americans called on Dalglish, my living God, to save them from disaster.  And Kenny Dalglish, being what and who he is, said OK.

The rest you all know.

The purpose of this conversation (and even if its only between me, and me) is this.

No man who ever wants to be connected. In any way whatever. With Liverpool Football Club. Has, or will ever, earn the credentials, the savoir faire, or the affection of me, and many many thousands like me. Without acknowledging the debt we owe to a small, big man, from Southwest Glasgow.  Any c*nt who ever hurts or tries to damage THIS MESSIAH of ours, will need to go through us first.

So OWNERS.  SPAWNY BLERT 'FANS' from wherever you come.   Do not EVER try to disturb the legend of Kenny Dalglish.  Because I and Liverpool supporters like me will not let you do that.  Theres only three in our trinity.

SHANKLY.  PAISLEY.   DALGLISH.

You attack one of them, you attack us all.

What he said.
"One defends when his strength is inadaquate, he attacks when it is abundant."

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #157 on: May 28, 2012, 08:03:55 pm »
We as fans who are the one's who can keep that philosphy and what it stands for going.

Don't want to derail the thread but that is hilarious, especially in this gaff
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #158 on: May 28, 2012, 08:05:19 pm »
Read that back to yourself. The fanbase is already shot.

Yes there are elements of support that i'd rather we didn't have, but I dont think they're as much a lost cause as you make them out to be. There are still some out there who are willing to be educated by the likes of yourself and others about what Liverpool FC is about. The club isn't dead mate, just goin through some unstable times. It'll only die If you and others like yourself just give up and walk away.

Anyway we've gone waaaay off track here.

Kenny Dalglish will always be the King to me no matter what anybody else says.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #159 on: May 28, 2012, 08:07:20 pm »
Don't want to derail the thread but that is hilarious, especially in this gaff

Yes there are some dicks about who support us, but I dont think the fanbase as a whole is a lost cause just yet.