Author Topic: 'How Kenny Dalglish turned a six-game losing run into glory'  (Read 19503 times)

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
Re: 'How Kenny Dalglish turned a six-game losing run into glory'
« Reply #120 on: April 9, 2012, 10:17:30 pm »
This got me thinking, are we the British Barcelona? (Hear me out)

Both have played some of the best football in Europe this season.
Both sadly are unlikely to win the title this season.
Both have a manager who is a club legend for both playing and managerial abilities.
Both have won a cup already this season and have the semi's of another big cup competition coming up.
Both are one of the biggest clubs in the world.
Both have a tradition of playing attacking pass and move football.
Both have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

More precisely Barcelona might just be the Spanish Liverpool, because Liverpool FC will always be Liverpool FC. Things don't look too bad for the club from where i'm sitting.

I hope to God that you have been drinking heavily and were under a generous amount of psychedelic drugs when you thought and posted this....

if not seek help.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: April 9, 2012, 10:19:15 pm »
Maybe your right mate.

I just wonder how Kenny can have the right input when things are going wrong. Im confusing coach and manager I guess.

Who sets the general tempo for pressing when we are without the ball as an example.

Does Kenny let them get on with it in a general sense like that article says or is he into the details, mn for man or zonal, men on corners or not etc etc etc.

I had an image of Kenny setting the drills and coaching in a different sense to what is being suggested there.

I thought it was well known that Kenny doesn't get involved in sorting training out? In his interviews he jokes that Steve Clarke won't let him play in the five a sides etc.

Offline craig2812

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #122 on: April 9, 2012, 10:23:27 pm »

Finally got up from ten minutes rolling on the floor laughing. Not really at the ideas undercorded throws out there, but at the obvious belief he has in what he is writing.  ;D
"For a player to be good enough to play for Liverpool, he must be prepared
to run through a brick wall for me then come out fighting on the other side."

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #123 on: April 9, 2012, 10:29:50 pm »
Sigh, so true. There are people who hold Carra and Stevie to be the epitome of the club but I can't help but feel this constant braying about too many foreigners is one factor in our decline for the past 2 seasons.
Not just that but also that Liverpool-born players have a greater sense of entitlement so that they ultimately don't face the same amount of competition as a foreigner/nobody would. In fairness, this doesn't apply to Stevie who's been one of our very best for a while now, but I wonder how would Carra fare this and last season if his name was Philipo or Omar and he was brought in from distant lands.
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline Redeo

• Kopite
« Reply #124 on: April 9, 2012, 10:34:46 pm »

Both have a manager who is a club legend for both playing and managerial abilities.
Both have won a cup already this season and have the semi's of another big cup competition coming up.
Both have to battle against 'borderline corrupt' empires (Franco's Madrid and Ferguson's United).

More precisely Barcelona might just be the Spanish Liverpool, because Liverpool FC will always be Liverpool FC. Things don't look too bad for the club from where i'm sitting.
The most sensible post I read all year long.
It's a website mate. Names can't be named. If they were, there'd be mutiny. If they aren't, people will scream ... ask for proof. But you will never find 100% proof of anything on here. So, .. look at all evidence, weigh everything up and make a decision.

Offline LFC when it suits

• Not got a fucking clue. Life is well, a bit of a long time. And that unconditional support thing can be a bit of a drag. Something better may come along. circumscribed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #125 on: April 9, 2012, 10:36:39 pm »
Not just that but also that Liverpool-born players have a greater sense of entitlement so that they ultimately don't face the same amount of competition as a foreigner/nobody would. In fairness, this doesn't apply to Stevie who's been one of our very best for a while now, but I wonder how would Carra fare this and last season if his name was Philipo or Omar and he was brought in from distant lands.

Stevie has been consistently one of our worst performers in the last 3 years. How long can Gerrard live off his reputation from the performances he put on 3 years ago.

Offline Wingman

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: April 9, 2012, 10:41:50 pm »
I'm all for letting the king remain beyond the summer IF and only IF he wins the FA cup, otherwise I honestly think he has to go or go back to another role, simmilar to one he had when Benitez was around.

I'm 100% behind the king and the team, and i'm sure we will end this season with two trophies. However, I really hope the king and the staff, sit down in the summer, and assess what exactly went wrong and rectify it for next season.

RAWK is truly shit

Offline Cruiser

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: April 9, 2012, 11:19:15 pm »

If he retires I'll eat my fucking cock.

Great anti climax for those expecting jizzihno....

Offline Dinkler

• Boys Pen
« Reply #128 on: April 9, 2012, 11:37:18 pm »
Like others who have posted on this, the impression that Kenny projects of being a "hands off" manager who conveys limited tactical instruction is one that worries me.

Fair enough Kenny's approach worked the first time round. At that stage, however, he inherited an experienced and extremely gifted squad. The same cannot be said of the current squad. Allied to that, football has moved on massively since his last managerial spell with us or indeed since his last managerial role.

I think it is apparent that we no longer have any clear idea of how we want to play. It may have been that Kenny had some vague notion about having a pacy wideman and a big man up top and hence the purchases of Downing and Carroll. Both have been spectacular failures and we have no plan B to our poorly thought out plan A.

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #129 on: April 9, 2012, 11:50:28 pm »

I am really embarassed on behalf of all of RAWK after reading this...please keep your emotions checked because I for one am deeply disturbed by this post and the comparison ! how old are you if you dont mind me asking ?
"My methods have translated and worked well from Halmstad to Malmo"

Offline Vidocq

• chronologically challenged LFC historian
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'd kill for a Nobel Peace Prize
« Reply #130 on: April 9, 2012, 11:54:27 pm »

are you like ten years old?
"During those days I understood more than ever what 'You'll Never Walk Alone' means."  Luis Suarez

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #131 on: April 9, 2012, 11:57:33 pm »

You need some help. Uruguayan36 will be over shortly.

Take heed his advice, you will get better.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #132 on: April 10, 2012, 12:00:47 am »
maybe he's WUMing?

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #133 on: April 10, 2012, 12:10:12 am »
Hmm worrying that to be honest, fits in with the whole pressing thread.
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: April 10, 2012, 12:16:05 am »
I'm getting quite sick of these johnny foreigner moans. Look at how well our 'buy british' turned out for us. At least someone is happy.

"We've got a great togetherness about the squad, there's a lot of British players there now," Jamie Carragher said last October. "We went for a meal out before the derby and it was interesting that my wife could actually talk to some of the other wives without having to think of something in Spanish or French or something different. I think that will be a great thing for us this season."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rafas-ghost-haunts-anfield-succession-of-trial-and-error-3067627.html

That is such a terrible quote.  Truly is.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #135 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:07 am »
That Carragher quote is fucking shocking, when you remember he was close to Purslow it's no surprise Rafa was pushed out the club.

Xenophobic shite that I expect from the media but not one of our own, really disappointing.
:D

Offline danielfonseca

• Clearly mad as a hatter who's gone mad with a box of frogs cracked up on SunnyD in a confined space and high on sherbet with no tea. Mad.
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #136 on: April 10, 2012, 12:21:16 am »
That is such a terrible quote.  Truly is.

Is this the great man of football knowledge henry winter keeps raving on about ?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #137 on: April 10, 2012, 12:24:07 am »
Is this the great man of football knowledge henry winter keeps raving on about ?

I'd actually hate it if Carragher was anywhere near a managerial position at Liverpool.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: April 10, 2012, 12:25:18 am »

Who's that girl ?  Looks incredibly cute.

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:01 am »
I'm getting quite sick of these johnny foreigner moans. Look at how well our 'buy british' turned out for us. At least someone is happy.

"We've got a great togetherness about the squad, there's a lot of British players there now," Jamie Carragher said last October. "We went for a meal out before the derby and it was interesting that my wife could actually talk to some of the other wives without having to think of something in Spanish or French or something different. I think that will be a great thing for us this season."

http://www.independent.ie/sport/soccer/premier-league/rafas-ghost-haunts-anfield-succession-of-trial-and-error-3067627.html

Hey Jamo, you know you thought binning Rafa off was a good idea, and you wanted Roy in, then you said yourself the club was on its knees when he left, do you accept any blame lad - course you fucking dont. We're more british eh horaah! And you got your fucking gift-wrapped whopping contract - disgrace.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2012, 12:31:17 am by RedinExile »
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #140 on: April 10, 2012, 12:26:45 am »

Don't read English newspapers since I don't live there but I'm assuming you are talking about Jamie Carragher ? 

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #141 on: April 10, 2012, 12:27:07 am »
It's not a very clever statement, but it looks to me at least as though he's just highlighting the atmosphere around the club at the time and that their was a real team bond.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #142 on: April 10, 2012, 12:28:04 am »
I'd actually hate it if Carragher was anywhere near a managerial position at Liverpool.

he has got sam fucking allardyce written all over him mate .

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #143 on: April 10, 2012, 12:29:19 am »
It's not a very clever statement, but it looks to me at least as though he's just highlighting the atmosphere around the club at the time and that their was a real team bond.

While insinuating that the multicultural nature of the club's staff under Ged and Rafa were one of the reasons there was no real team bond ?

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #144 on: April 10, 2012, 12:30:29 am »

"it was interesting that my wife could actually talk to some of the other wives without having to think of something in Spanish or French or something different. I think that will be a great thing for us this season."

Offline danielfonseca

• Anny Roader
« Reply #145 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:06 am »
Don't read English newspapers since I don't live there but I'm assuming you are talking about Jamie Carragher ?

Yes jamie carragher ,there is a well known english journalist called Henry Winter who thinks the sun shines out of his arse on football matters and our own jamie carragher is the modern day franz beckenbauer .

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #146 on: April 10, 2012, 12:31:31 am »

Yeah thats not obvious at all

So boring redcafe. 'Hey look what I just saw some Liverpool fans say'  laughable cocks

Jesus. Go and see what your sisters are up to maybe
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Gojedo

• Can your garage boast an ex-Red as a mechanic? Yes? Ah but is it 13000 miles away .....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ethyn Daniel Morgan
« Reply #147 on: April 10, 2012, 12:40:21 am »
are you like ten years old?

He could very well be. Or close enough. Let's give him the benefit of the doubt.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #148 on: April 10, 2012, 12:42:49 am »
While insinuating that the multicultural nature of the club's staff under Ged and Rafa were one of the reasons there was no real team bond ?

In Jamie's subjective opinion, possibly.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline bottleandahalf

• No new LFC topics
  • Anny Roader
  • Peace, Love and Empathy.
« Reply #149 on: April 10, 2012, 12:45:56 am »

Thanks for clarifying this for me. I had seen a few posters talking about this and was curious as to what they were talking about.
Deary dear!

Offline Barney_Rubble

• #
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: April 10, 2012, 12:53:56 am »
How a "How Kenny Dalglish turned a six-game losing run into glory" thread turned into a Jamie Carragher thread...

87:13