Author Topic: Jordan Henderson  (Read 431501 times)

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Jordan Henderson
« Reply #800 on: March 12, 2012, 09:43:38 am »
I like Henderson, think given time and alongside a good CM in Lucas we could have a very good partnership in the coming years

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #801 on: March 12, 2012, 09:56:17 am »
Absolutely laughable people claiming Adam has had a better season than Henderson. Laughable.

Adam has performed below his Blackpool standard. Been woeful since December. Henderson, while dippy and liable to drift in and out of games, actually understands pass and move. Charlie Adam can barely even do the latter, and his passing/set pieces have been nowehere near their expected quality.

Also, it's obvious Henderson has much much more potential.

I'd even try Gerrard out on the right and JH and LL in CM next year maybe.

Rafa said Gerrard would need to move further forward as his career draws to a close. Why we've persisted in having him in the Alonso position I do not know. Too deep to make any kind of impact.
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #802 on: March 12, 2012, 10:24:29 am »

Rafa said Gerrard would need to move further forward as his career draws to a close. Why we've persisted in having him in the Alonso position I do not know. Too deep to make any kind of impact.

Forward? Source mate?

You don't play forward as you get older and lose your dynamism, you go further back usually.

Offline sattapaartridge

• The new 'pete price' of RAWK.
  • Legacy Fan
  • @sattapaal
« Reply #803 on: March 12, 2012, 10:26:17 am »
Unfortunately, statistically, Adam has had more assists and goals than Henderson has, so the statisticians would say, Henderson has been gash because he's not been involved enough in goals.....

.....but overall, who has?

Centrally, I've liked what I've seen from Jordan, he's good two good feet, decent pace, good energy/engine. I'd just like to see him develop a tackle, because he seems to lack balls (like so many others!)
did you know that 10 x 2 and 11 x 2 have the same answer?

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #804 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:12 am »
Absolutely laughable people claiming Adam has had a better season than Henderson. Laughable.

Adam has performed below his Blackpool standard. Been woeful since December. Henderson, while dippy and liable to drift in and out of games, actually understands pass and move. Charlie Adam can barely even do the latter, and his passing/set pieces have been nowehere near their expected quality.

Also, it's obvious Henderson has much much more potential.

I'd even try Gerrard out on the right and JH and LL in CM next year maybe.

Henderson and Adam have both had poor seasons, the difference is you can see Henderson has potential

Offline anfieldanfield

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #805 on: March 12, 2012, 10:28:23 am »
Young player, no issues with the poor form/mistakes he makes. Most of the sensible people will give him time, just like what some of us did with Lucas.

We need to be really careful we don't overuse this.

For every 'Lucas' whose development between the age of 22-24 was exceptional, there are about 10 players who find their level at 22/23 and never really improve much.

Offline Camarero25

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #806 on: March 12, 2012, 11:14:01 am »
Hendo   Spearing

Gerrard

Is what I'd be playing until the end of this season, with Shelvey deputising for Gerrard when he's not fit/ needs a rest. I think I've had just about all I can take of Charlie Adam, to be honest.

Offline Endoe

• Legacy Fan
  • A liverbird on my chest
« Reply #807 on: March 12, 2012, 12:03:15 pm »
I'd wouldn't bother with Spearing, don't think he has a future at Liverpool. Would much rather see Henderson play centrally position with instructions to defend/ protect the back four, also like to see Shelvey play alot more, we did recall him after Lucas got injured, he played a couple of games and hasn't been seen. I do wonder sometimes if theres a longterm plan, because, I'm not seeing it at the moment. Top 4 is gone, we're in Europe via Europa, get games into the young players that have futures at the club. Perhaps, it's a something Henderson could add to his game, because his not a right mid/ winger, that's for sure.

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #808 on: March 12, 2012, 12:04:16 pm »
Hendo   Spearing

Gerrard

Is what I'd be playing until the end of this season, with Shelvey deputising for Gerrard when he's not fit/ needs a rest. I think I've had just about all I can take of Charlie Adam, to be honest.

Totally agree with this. My thoughts exactly.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #809 on: March 12, 2012, 12:22:40 pm »
Forward? Source mate?

You don't play forward as you get older and lose your dynamism, you go further back usually.

I thought it was well known that Rafa held that opinion of Gerrard? "Dynamism?" Would you say Bergkamp was a dynamic forward? I know he certainly was with the ball but wasn't in an athletic sense. I think that's the kind of role Rafa maybe had in mind.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #810 on: March 12, 2012, 12:29:15 pm »
Henderson is quality. When he's matured he'll be a great player for us. Not sure why he gets so much stick. He clearly is one for the future.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline HarleyKewell7

• Anny Roader
  • Hasn't got a bad passing range, this lad
« Reply #811 on: March 12, 2012, 12:41:50 pm »
Henderson is quality. When he's matured he'll be a great player for us. Not sure why he gets so much stick. He clearly is one for the future.

Have to agree. Whilst he's not shown anything amazing so far, which is probably the reason people are getting on his back, he's definitely got something about him and I wouldn't always be the first to see that in a player.
Why did we sell Heskey?

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #812 on: March 12, 2012, 01:07:09 pm »

So you agree he shouldn't really be in the first 11 next season.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #813 on: March 12, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »

So you agree he shouldn't really be in the first 11 next season.

???

How have you got that from what was said in the post?

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #814 on: March 12, 2012, 01:17:08 pm »
wish he would stop spouting rubbish to the press about how we can still get 4th

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #815 on: March 12, 2012, 01:25:11 pm »

???

How have you got that from what was said in the post?

That 'hes one for the future', and at the moment isn't good enough to be in the first 11

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #816 on: March 12, 2012, 01:31:00 pm »
That 'hes one for the future', and at the moment isn't good enough to be in the first 11
So next season is not in the future? Now I'm really confused.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #817 on: March 12, 2012, 03:08:01 pm »

He may or may not be one for the future but I don't understand where you get those first 2 sentences from.
He hasn't shown any quality yet which makes me think he's gonna be great.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2012, 03:09:33 pm by redprodigal »

Offline Stag Beetle

• Main Stander
« Reply #818 on: March 12, 2012, 03:46:32 pm »
Henderson's strengths are:

- patience: he has no problem recycling possession and moving until the right pass is on.

- through balls: he's played some excellent through balls this season that are often perfectly weighted.

- work rate: he's very fit and works hard to close down opposition players.

His weaknesses are:

- lack of confidence: he probably recycles possession too much, 'playing it safe' a lot of the time for fear of giving away possession. Confidence will hopefully come as he matures.

- unclear position: no one seems to know where he plays. He seems to have played right midfield for Sunderland, but for us he's always excelled centrally. For England U21 he tends to play a deep midfield position. Nothing wrong with versatility but it helps (especially at a young age) to have a clear role in the team.

I think Henderson has been overplayed - he's only 21 and midfielders who don't rely on pace tend to peak a lot later in their careers, often around 30.

Offline Garcepticon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #819 on: March 12, 2012, 03:55:57 pm »

He gets stick because he doesn't offer any obvious plus to the team. He quietly does things well, understandably he doesn't take the initiative in attacks yet as it is only his first year at the club so all people see is a lot of running but no assists or goals. I think he'd be praised universally if he was playing in the centre with Lucas or Spearing, but Adam has that position locked down.

Offline lorenzo23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #820 on: March 12, 2012, 04:10:55 pm »
Let's but this rubbish to bed.

Henderson has played on the right many, many times. It's a position he started off in and played a lot there for Sunderland.

So don't give me this he isn't familar on the right rubbish. It's a poor agruement.

Henderson would do no better in the centre.

Playing right side of 3 is different than playing right side of 4 you know this rite?

Liverpool manager Rafael Benítez admitted after the match that the manner of his side's victory had stunned him and he stated: "My problem is that I don't have words to express the things that I feel at this moment"

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #821 on: March 12, 2012, 04:42:56 pm »
He may or may not be one for the future but I don't understand where you get those first 2 sentences from.
He hasn't shown any quality yet which makes me think he's gonna be great.

He has the qualities which can easily fit into a team that we can progressively build on. Good technique, good intelligence, good physical qualities, good attitude. The better the team gets, the better he will get. There isn't a low ceiling with these types of players.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline WorldChampions

• Charlie uniform november tango fan...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #822 on: March 12, 2012, 05:38:01 pm »
Can't wait for next season. I think a CM consisting of Lucas and Henderson would be pretty good. They can work shorts passes through the middle and have good engines.

Adam's hollywood balls out to the wing look nice, but it's no use when it takes him an age to catch up with it.

Offline Adeemo

• surreally arsed
  • Legacy Fan
  • A.W.E.S.O.M.-O
« Reply #823 on: March 12, 2012, 05:39:55 pm »
Can't wait for next season. I think a CM consisting of Lucas and Henderson would be pretty good. They can work shorts passes through the middle and have good engines.

If we don't sign another CM, it's got to be the way forward IMO. Though as far as I'm concerned another DM is essential to help ease the work load for Lucas and help his rehabilitation.
"I love the Pope, I love seeing him in his Pope-Mobile, his three feet of bullet proof plexi-glass. That's faith in action folks! You know he's got God on his side"

Offline Quintet

• Kopite
« Reply #824 on: March 12, 2012, 05:42:30 pm »
So next season is not in the future? Now I'm really confused.

Tomorrow is the future too, but he isn't going to be ready for that and IMO he isn't going to be ready to start next season either.

Offline myrlas