Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 199566 times)

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #560 on: April 9, 2018, 03:19:37 pm »
Nearest thing to teen sex I've seen on the telly.

Amazed Ofcom allow it.

And that is creepy, Frde West creepy.

Agree, I was surprised when I saw this advert.

Offline adruk87

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #561 on: April 9, 2018, 11:27:35 pm »
The Boursin adverts on filmfour, proper do my tits in, it's the pesty looking guy that does it.
"Corner taken quickly, ORIGI!"

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #562 on: April 9, 2018, 11:42:12 pm »
A can I sniff your fingers smile.
;D You animal

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #563 on: April 10, 2018, 10:04:57 am »
Im afraid what I will do when I see a ŠKODA Karoq for the first time on a road because of this advert https://youtu.be/1hVoJlQCXeE

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #564 on: April 10, 2018, 11:37:45 am »
Im afraid what I will do when I see a ŠKODA Karoq for the first time on a road because of this advert https://youtu.be/1hVoJlQCXeE

Great shout

Horrible Horrible advert

Every week I'm in here moaning about great bands selling out to the corporate world of car advertising (and I don't include Paloma Faith as a great band/singer either)

This week I'm referring to Ray Davies and The Kinks allowing 'You really got me' to be used in a bloody KIA advert.

I hear that classic song and want to think of the swinging 60's, emerging fashions, Dapper Mods on scooters etc  Not a fucking Korean budget car company :no

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #565 on: April 10, 2018, 10:53:44 pm »
That droning rap/poetry in the giff gaff advert.

Horrible.

Offline ArthurDooley82

• Box-clever, non-pink, manly man's man. Contact for more details. No bibs! Grrrr :)
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #566 on: April 11, 2018, 10:56:45 pm »
Great shout

Horrible Horrible advert

Every week I'm in here moaning about great bands selling out to the corporate world of car advertising (and I don't include Paloma Faith as a great band/singer either)

This week I'm referring to Ray Davies and The Kinks allowing 'You really got me' to be used in a bloody KIA advert.

I hear that classic song and want to think of the swinging 60's, emerging fashions, Dapper Mods on scooters etc  Not a fucking Korean budget car company :no

Horrible isn’t it mate. I fkn hate ITV for using the verve’s bitter sweet symphony for they’re intro  :no I don’t want to associate that tune with dickhead cockneys in st george knight costume’s and them stupid fkn drums   :butt

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #567 on: April 12, 2018, 12:20:17 am »
That fucking wide eyed generic European kid used in the Mastercard Ad during the Champions league program on ITV

Pudding bowl Haircut like we used to have in the 70's.

Offline Daniel Cabbaggio

• Roughage
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pass and move, keep it simple = 19 & 6
    • www.redandwhitekop.com
« Reply #568 on: April 12, 2018, 01:43:00 am »
That fucking wide eyed generic European kid used in the Mastercard Ad during the Champions league program on ITV

Pudding bowl Haircut like we used to have in the 70's.

Yeah that and gazprom are annoying on champios league games.

Also that Vitality, purple ad with a sausage dog kicking a ball right beside where actual football is being played does my tits in
YNWA

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #569 on: May 16, 2018, 11:09:04 pm »
Any and all of the current McNasty's ads, referencing American culture. Where every other scene has them dressed in more and more Americana shite.

They're just cheesy as fuck (no pun intended), and a pile of steaming shite.

Offline Working Class Hen-Pecked Hero

• Is something to be...Lives at 999 Letsby Avenue.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #570 on: May 17, 2018, 03:27:53 am »
Beagle Street insurance adverts. The bloke who wears the gigs, his nose looks fake
I'm telling you, Bowie died and it's all gone to fuck.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #571 on: May 17, 2018, 07:52:01 am »
The Flash adverts with the dogs and the crappy version of the Queen song.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #572 on: May 17, 2018, 08:44:22 am »

I share your pain/disgust. It's not even a re-working of a car from the era. I love the Kinks. Kia are pushing it if they think they can gain some reflected glory.

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #573 on: May 17, 2018, 09:54:15 am »
The latest Sheba advert.  There's something weird looking about the fella.  And who puts parsley on catfood anyway? 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #574 on: May 17, 2018, 10:26:11 am »
those VI poo adverts

fuckin fuck off

ever meet her she will get a full force kick in the arse
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #575 on: May 17, 2018, 04:14:18 pm »
Every one of those have you paid for your funeral adverts. Just fuck off you c*nts.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #576 on: May 17, 2018, 04:19:55 pm »
The Flash adverts with the dogs and the crappy version of the Queen song.

The first one with just the dog was original and quite funny (at first, obvs)

The second one with that fucking cheesehead is just shit. He looks like he's been choreographed by Louis Spence and is just dying to give it some jazz hands.
A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #577 on: May 17, 2018, 04:21:42 pm »
Every one of those have you paid for your funeral adverts. Just fuck off you c*nts.

Well said Rob.  Designed to hit the worry and guilt buttons - nice considerate arls buy the product, nasty selfish arls  don't.  Horrible marketing.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Nobby Reserve

• Onanistic Charades Champion Of Roundabouts. Euphemistic Gerbil Starver.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Do you wanna build a snowman?
« Reply #578 on: May 17, 2018, 04:39:33 pm »
The Royal London one with the mutiny on the ship pisses me off.

"We at Royal London believe that if you've got a bit of wealth, it's better to share it around"

Is that why they 'shared' £3.5m (plus share options) with their CEO last year?

A Tory, a worker and an immigrant are sat round a table. There's a plate of 10 biscuits in the middle. The Tory takes 9 then turns to the worker and says "that immigrant is trying to steal your biscuit"

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #579 on: June 2, 2018, 06:07:56 pm »
Any and all of the current McNasty's ads, referencing American culture. Where every other scene has them dressed in more and more Americana shite.

They're just cheesy as fuck (no pun intended), and a pile of steaming shite.
I feel the need to repost this.   McNasty's. Advertising shite.

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #580 on: June 2, 2018, 06:37:18 pm »
The Smart Car advert with the woman doing that daft robotic type dance is really annoying me.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #581 on: June 14, 2018, 06:37:23 pm »
Any product advert that jumps on the back of he World Cup, and has a footballing theme, even though they'd never ever be associated with football at any other time.  Just band waggon jumping twats.

Any yogurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger in it, wearing yogurt on the end of her nose.

Just fuck off will ya.   It wasn't funny first time you did it.  It's still not funny now you've done it to death for the 6 billionth time.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #582 on: June 14, 2018, 10:13:44 pm »
Any product advert that jumps on the back of he World Cup, and has a footballing theme, even though they'd never ever be associated with football at any other time.  Just band waggon jumping twats.

Any yogurt advert with Nicole Scherzinger in it, wearing yogurt on the end of her nose.

Just fuck off will ya.   It wasn't funny first time you did it.  It's still not funny now you've done it to death for the 6 billionth time.

They're fucking shite  :wanker

One ad that does make me laugh is the one with the scouser at the end.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ao9boVVy52A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ao9boVVy52A</a>

#whosderek  ;D

If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #583 on: June 16, 2018, 10:51:58 pm »
Postcode fucking Lottery

Most of the car adds, tends to be arty farty kind of add hardly mentions the car.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #584 on: June 17, 2018, 10:13:45 am »
They're fucking shite  :wanker

One ad that does make me laugh is the one with the scouser at the end.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Ao9boVVy52A" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Ao9boVVy52A</a>

#whosderek  ;D

That's all I get from the kids now  ;D

Most of the car adds, tends to be arty farty kind of add hardly mentions the car.

Paranoid being used in the Nissan Ad. Fucking hell Ozzy, you were once the Prince of Fucking Darkness  :no
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #585 on: June 17, 2018, 11:04:28 am »
That's all I get from the kids now  ;D

Paranoid being used in the Nissan Ad. Fucking hell Ozzy, you were once the Prince of Fucking Darkness  :no

Don't think he has any say, as long as they pay the royalties. :no
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #586 on: June 17, 2018, 11:11:50 am »
Don't think he has any say, as long as they pay the royalties. :no

:no

This advert fitted the song, I liked this one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fj87n_dEwRU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fj87n_dEwRU</a>
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #587 on: June 17, 2018, 11:18:34 am »
:no

This advert fitted the song, I liked this one

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/fj87n_dEwRU" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/fj87n_dEwRU</a>

At least it's decent add, which i remember, showing my age now. ;D
#Sausages

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #588 on: June 17, 2018, 11:52:18 am »

Ah Nicole.

BBC News Worldwide has advert breaks. Fair enough but she features in an advert for, I think, Emirates Airlines.

I haven't actually noticed who the advertiser is because the ex lap dancer is busily murdering "Dancing in the Street".

Fucking atrocious.

Online BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #589 on: June 17, 2018, 12:08:43 pm »
I sit with the remote in my hand.

I don't watch any adverts, ever.    ;)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #590 on: June 17, 2018, 12:17:39 pm »
Postcode fucking Lottery

I worry for the country when I see the postcode lottery ads. I'd be surprised if some of them can spell lottery. Looks like they come from the village of the damned. And who are the "celebs" knocking the doors?

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #591 on: June 18, 2018, 02:03:54 pm »
The one that is advertising Extra chewies or Airwave, anyway the one in which the parents knock on the daughters room and some beaut is in there with only a pair of bills. When he opens the bedroom door chewing away the girls arl fella grins his approval.

Two words - AS IF....

If that was my daughter I would string him up by his balls and chewing a minty fresh piece of gum isn't gonna save his scrawny arse at all. 
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #592 on: June 18, 2018, 05:45:05 pm »
Beagle Street Life insurance. Some sap doing the decorating and his girlfriend says "before you do that will you sort out your life insurance" He hasn't left her by the end of the advert. Knobhead.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #593 on: June 18, 2018, 05:46:13 pm »
The one that is advertising Extra chewies or Airwave, anyway the one in which the parents knock on the daughters room and some beaut is in there with only a pair of bills. When he opens the bedroom door chewing away the girls arl fella grins his approval.

Two words - AS IF....

If that was my daughter I would string him up by his balls and chewing a minty fresh piece of gum isn't gonna save his scrawny arse at all.

Alpha - just look up the page!

Anyway the girl seemed to be the instigator, so my sympathies are with the gum chewer.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #594 on: June 18, 2018, 05:48:20 pm »
Beagle Street Life insurance. Some sap doing the decorating and his girlfriend says "before you do that will you sort out your life insurance" He hasn't left her by the end of the advert. Knobhead.

He's not just any knobhead, he's a Millennial knobhead.

Offline Maggie May

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #595 on: June 18, 2018, 06:00:19 pm »

Bitch has probably sawn half way through the stepladder.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #596 on: June 20, 2018, 01:45:02 pm »
Bitch has probably sawn half way through the stepladder.

And asked him to change a lightbulb above a full bath.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Offline Agent99

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #597 on: June 27, 2018, 12:12:44 pm »
The advert is fairly vanilla but the song is one of the worst I've ever heard. Absolute shite.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dar_brj8zdw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dar_brj8zdw</a>

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #598 on: June 27, 2018, 12:25:01 pm »
The advert is fairly vanilla but the song is one of the worst I've ever heard. Absolute shite.

I agree the song is horrendous but reading about the artist Dan Johnston I'm kinda happy for him

Admittedly I've only read his Wiki page, but it looks like he's had some tough times and deserves this break.  Originally knocked out his music on cassettes while working in Macca D's in the 80's.

He's probably made a nice shit ton of cash from this Apple gig so fair do's.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Daniel_Johnston

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #599 on: June 27, 2018, 12:36:00 pm »
Actually, he's had songs covered by heavyweight artists such as Tom Waites and Beck.  He's also had a film made about him too which does look very interesting indeed.  So he's probably not short of a few bob and doesn't seem like the sort of character who would welcome or desire a load of money anyway.

Appears the burning question is - Is Dan Johnston a good musician or just a victim of Hipster exploitation?

(I'm leaning toward to latter on first impressions)