Author Topic: Adverts you hate  (Read 200688 times)

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Adverts you hate
« Reply #2000 on: May 31, 2023, 05:57:35 pm »
I wouldn't say that.
I'm not being serious.

(we ARE talking about the same person, right?)

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2001 on: May 31, 2023, 06:22:03 pm »
I'm not being serious.

(we ARE talking about the same person, right?)

I hope so. Actually, having watched the full version, I just realised Cafu is in it as well.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline SamLad

• Definitely not a numerologist! Definitely fodder for whimsical modding though... ;) Definitely not 72! Founding member of the Efes Animal Appreciation Society. Very mɪstʃɪvəs.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2002 on: May 31, 2023, 06:38:30 pm »
I hope so. Actually, having watched the full version, I just realised Cafu is in it as well.
he's hard to spot.  I read he was in it and had to look hard next time to see him.

Offline bradders1011

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Eat your greens and sing your blues
« Reply #2003 on: June 3, 2023, 10:57:11 am »
Pluto TV, I think it's Drew Barrymore doing the voiceover. Nails on a chalkboard.
If I were a linesman, I would execute defenders who applauded my offsides.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2004 on: June 3, 2023, 01:19:24 pm »
adverts that show kids with adult voices, or adults with kids' voices.

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2005 on: June 3, 2023, 01:47:02 pm »
That Slimfast ad with some big, fat mess and Kelly Brook dancing like a twat.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2006 on: June 3, 2023, 02:43:02 pm »
The Screwfix one with dancing twats. Imagine working on a site, trying to get the job finished and the sparky keeps moonwalking. The plumber has only realised he needs a bit of right angled piping to fill a gap and the plasterer is flinging muck about as they just cant stop dancing. Bollocks to it all.

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #2007 on: June 3, 2023, 03:38:03 pm »
That Slimfast ad with some big, fat mess and Kelly Brook dancing like a twat.
It's not a good advert by them. Even Kelly looks likes she's been hitting the pies again. Not very inspirational given the product they're selling.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2008 on: June 3, 2023, 03:51:44 pm »
It's not a good advert by them. Even Kelly looks likes she's been hitting the pies again. Not very inspirational given the product they're selling.
A number of "lose weight" advertising seem to have concluded they are better off showing their target customers, which might grab their attention more than unrealistic images.
There are a lot more "plus sized" ppl in all kinds of ads these days.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2009 on: June 3, 2023, 03:54:02 pm »
A number of "lose weight" advertising seem to have concluded they are better off showing their target customers, which might grab their attention more than unrealistic images.

Lets be honest here, they're greedy fat fucks*

* I've just joined the gym cos I fit that category nicely
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2010 on: June 3, 2023, 04:02:34 pm »
I can see that angle. I dislike the unrealistic images angle a lot. It's just that Kelly Brook did lose a lot of weight, supposedly using their products, so I wondered about the wisdom of having her on again given that it looks like she's given the Slimfast up for Sayers now.

I like her though. She's great no matter what weight she is.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2011 on: June 3, 2023, 04:19:47 pm »
I can see that angle. I dislike the unrealistic images angle a lot. It's just that Kelly Brook did lose a lot of weight, supposedly using their products, so I wondered about the wisdom of having her on again given that it looks like she's given the Slimfast up for Sayers now.

I like her though. She's great no matter what weight she is.

If you don't stick to using their products you just slip back into the bad habits and the weight goes back on, that's how they make their money. They never educate people to eat properly, that's the last thing they want to happen.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2012 on: June 3, 2023, 04:43:29 pm »
If you don't stick to using their products you just slip back into the bad habits and the weight goes back on, that's how they make their money. They never educate people to eat properly, that's the last thing they want to happen.
True enough. Weight loss isn't hard, but the diet industry want you to think it is. Whenever I want to lose weight I simply stay in calorie deficit most days of the week. Eating around 2,000 cals a day. The weight steadily falls off. No need for special diets. Just rein in the shite food and eating to calorie excess.

The will power bit at the start is the difficult bit. Get past that and anyone can lose excess weight without going on a 'diet'. Of course, the diet industry doesn't want anyone to know that.

Simple maths tells us that if we eat fewer calories than we burn each day we will lose weight. It's like a bank balance. If we spend more each day than we put in, our bank balance goes down. Save more than we spend, and the balance goes up. With food, lower calorie stuff means you can actually eat more food and still have room for treats.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2023, 04:45:15 pm by Son of Spion »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2013 on: June 4, 2023, 09:58:07 am »
True enough. Weight loss isn't hard, but the diet industry want you to think it is. Whenever I want to lose weight I simply stay in calorie deficit most days of the week. Eating around 2,000 cals a day. The weight steadily falls off. No need for special diets. Just rein in the shite food and eating to calorie excess.

The will power bit at the start is the difficult bit. Get past that and anyone can lose excess weight without going on a 'diet'. Of course, the diet industry doesn't want anyone to know that.

Simple maths tells us that if we eat fewer calories than we burn each day we will lose weight. It's like a bank balance. If we spend more each day than we put in, our bank balance goes down. Save more than we spend, and the balance goes up. With food, lower calorie stuff means you can actually eat more food and still have room for treats.

They even encourage you with "syns" or low calories cakes and biscuits, to eat unhealthy food. That way, when you stop their diet, you still eat biscuits, cakes, cheesecakes and stuff which are loaded with calories and shite, so it's back to fat club. Her sister has been doing slimming world since I met the missus, 17 years and still not able to keep a steady weight, they've had a couple of grand at least just from her.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #2014 on: June 4, 2023, 01:25:25 pm »
Probably been mentioned, but webuyanycar ads do my fucking swede in.  :no

Offline Lee1-6Liv

• Daddy Discord
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2015 on: June 4, 2023, 05:29:28 pm »
The bingo one where the woman asks for four fish and chips which perplexes everyone.

Offline Only Me

• Insufferable twat. Brexiteer supreme.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2016 on: June 4, 2023, 11:38:19 pm »
Any TV advert for the “long awaited” or  “classic” album from *insert name of shite group here*.

Embarrassing as fuck.

Foo Fighters the latest ones tonight. Gobshites.

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2017 on: June 5, 2023, 03:49:04 pm »
Probably been mentioned, but webuyanycar ads do my fucking swede in.  :no
In terms of value for money, they'll be buzzing at WeBuyAnyCar.

People were doing their own on TikTok, etc.

It's the perfect balance of catch and annoying.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2018 on: June 6, 2023, 03:25:04 pm »

Notably, the ice skating woman advertising sanitary towels.

wow. I would have worded that totally differently a few years ago without worrying about upsetting folk and getting a ban. :(

Grifter would have had a field day with that advert.

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2019 on: June 6, 2023, 03:27:43 pm »
Notably, the ice skating woman advertising sanitary towels.

wow. I would have worded that totally differently a few years ago without worrying about upsetting folk and getting a ban. :(

Grifter would have had a field day with that advert.

you are right - period
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2020 on: June 6, 2023, 08:03:21 pm »
Before anyone bitches, it's not "cancel culture", it's a question of taste.

liverbloke's stays because it's an amusing word play.

Oh, and all adverts are universally fucking shite - examples of manipulation and social engineering with purely selfish aim :wave

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2021 on: June 7, 2023, 09:02:45 am »

Oh, and all adverts are universally fucking shite - examples of manipulation and social engineering with purely selfish aim :wave

And my tastes are obviously well different to yours ;D

I'll love to understand the aim of adverts noramalising being obese. I admit my BMI is obese, its all on my belly, so I know what I'm talking about. I've got a belly because I'm a greedy c*nt who eats shite, but I don't want people to make it normal, I'm a fat fuck, I'm a mess and if I don't sort it out (I've just joined David Lloyd), I'm going to destroy my knees. Ł40 million is being spent according to todays news to try and sort it on a national scale

The Fosters adverts are at least funny.
Jurgen YNWA

Offline Son of Spion

• RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2022 on: June 7, 2023, 11:20:02 am »

...I'd love to understand the aim of adverts noramalising being obese...

I think it's all part of the drive towards inclusivity. Facts are, the majority of people in the western world are overweight, and so many fit the 'obese' criteria. If those people are portrayed in a negative light it's seen as fat-shaming, and shaming anyone for how they look is more and more taboo now.

I can fluctuate between fit and fat. Food has often been a coping strategy of mine. My mindset can flip between fitness fanatic to binge eating. I don't want that normalising either. Why? Because the mindset I have when binge eating is a killer. That approach to living and eating kills people. It takes years off lives.

I suppose advertisers want as many people onside as possible, so they aren't going to want to marginalise vast chunks of their audience.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2023 on: June 7, 2023, 12:31:49 pm »
Proctor & Gamble flog their sanitary pads to obese women by convincing them they can still do a Triple Salchow better than Katarina Witt.

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2024 on: June 7, 2023, 12:38:23 pm »
same as all advertisers really - buy our stuff and look how GREAT your life will be!!

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2025 on: June 7, 2023, 12:41:09 pm »
same as all advertisers really - buy our stuff and look how GREAT your life will be!!

Except for pure cremation that is ;)
Jurgen YNWA

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2026 on: June 7, 2023, 12:57:51 pm »
it's next-level advertising ... buy our stuff and look how GREAT your death will be!!

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #2027 on: June 7, 2023, 01:00:06 pm »

they've never had bad feedback from a participating customer funnily enough
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2028 on: June 7, 2023, 01:01:56 pm »
they've never had bad feedback from a participating customer funnily enough

Carol, Leamington Spa
“Could have done with being a bit hotter”

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2029 on: June 7, 2023, 01:15:42 pm »
Could you say that any scathing reviews of a crematorium qualify as "flaming"?  ::) :wave

Offline Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2030 on: June 7, 2023, 03:52:00 pm »

I think 'universally' is pretty sweeping.

From experience, I write ads for a lot of local businesses who are passionate about what they do and genuinely provide a service that people actually need. Then there's schools, the NHS, charities.

McNasty's, Gambling clients, etc. then yep, I agree.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2031 on: June 7, 2023, 05:12:13 pm »

, I write ads for a lot of local businesses

Don't let your clients see your username.  You will not be trusted to deliver. :)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #2032 on: June 7, 2023, 05:13:37 pm »
Don't let your clients see your username.  You will not be trusted to deliver. :)

:lmao

He misses out on a lot of prospective work by not being able to make it to the pitch.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2033 on: June 7, 2023, 05:27:49 pm »
I think 'universally' is pretty sweeping.
I'm with Bill Hicks on this one. All the way:

(Flash won't load)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gd01vfKfr0

And George Carlin, for that matter:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAOxFimWw_k

Offline SamLad

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2034 on: June 7, 2023, 05:46:58 pm »
:lmao

He misses out on a lot of prospective work by not being able to make it to the pitch.

nice  :)

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2035 on: June 8, 2023, 10:45:02 am »
Nationwide have a very odd approach to advertising. I'd much rather a blank slate with "We want you to bank with us" than some of the cringe inducing shite they come out with.

During the pandemic we had those insanely patronising videos where people would be writing shite poems about how they were putting weight on in lockdown, and the joys of home schooling. It was a tone deaf reflection of how middle class people were really struggling with making banana bread every day and logging on for work in their front room. Now you've got people talking about shopping in the reduced section and being extra cautious with spending.

Swerve the social commentary and just get back to being a place to get cash out, please.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2036 on: June 8, 2023, 11:34:52 am »
Well said about Nationwide

They really do seem to have signed up with some really stubborn advertising execs, who just won't let it go.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2037 on: June 8, 2023, 11:38:10 am »
Oh yeah.  Message to whoever owns the rights to the Beach Boys catalog.

Please don't renew your contract with Sky Mobile.  It's doing your music no favors at all.  I personally never want to hear "Wouldn't it be nice " EVER again.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2038 on: June 8, 2023, 03:15:09 pm »
Oh yeah.  Message to whoever owns the rights to the Beach Boys catalog.

Please don't renew your contract with Sky Mobile.  It's doing your music no favors at all.  I personally never want to hear "Wouldn't it be nice " EVER again.

Using real songs for adverts should be banned, full stop. You should never be allowed to associate ANY song with a brand advertisement.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2039 on: June 15, 2023, 06:20:04 pm »
Theres a new Loreal one that has Jenas in it, I wish he would fuck off.