Author Topic: Dirk Kuyt  (Read 49994 times)

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
Re: Dirk Kuyt
« Reply #200 on: February 27, 2012, 08:58:01 am »
:) Can imagine Rossies face when Dirk scored - Bet he was devestated :)

Like a busted welly.

:lmao

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: February 27, 2012, 08:58:41 am »
Don't want to get drawn into this but I agree with Rossi's assessment of Kuyt as a footballer.
Thank you.
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #202 on: February 27, 2012, 08:59:51 am »
Maybe read my first post Timbo mate before the RAWK bore came out to gloat...

;)

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=287150.msg9945533#msg9945533

ha ha. Rossi doesn't do gloating or boring.

Like fuck he doesn't.

;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2012, 09:01:19 am »
:) Can imagine Rossies face when Dirk scored - Bet he was devestated :)
Like a busted welly.
You know you've hit a low spot when you find yourself chuckling along to Andy's childish and pathetic shite.

Shame on you Timbo :)
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
  • Super Title: MichaelA
« Reply #204 on: February 27, 2012, 09:05:01 am »
Don't want to get drawn into this but I agree with Rossi's assessment of Kuyt as a footballer.  But I just love the man.  He gives everything for the red shirt.  How can you not love that?  If we had more players with his character we would have more days like yesterday.

I can't really understand how you can separate the two things? He may not have the natural 'footballing talent' of other players, but his 'football character' is second to none. Professional footballers have talent and character in different combinations.

Offline bahrainexpat

• Knows it's cocktail hour. Just not sure which day it is.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
  • Stranger in a strange land.
« Reply #205 on: February 27, 2012, 09:06:26 am »
Dirks heart beats for Liverpool

Is spot on, and the reason I love him.

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #206 on: February 27, 2012, 09:06:56 am »
I can't really understand how you can separate the two things? He may not have the natural 'footballing talent' of other players, but his 'football character' is second to none. Professional footballers have talent and character in different combinations.
I didn't separate them.

Offline Valore

• Why Don't You Come On Over
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Help Rafa, help us. Help Rafa... Help Us...
« Reply #207 on: February 27, 2012, 09:10:24 am »

This. And its the total that make the player. No use having some superstar with talent coming out of his ears if he cracks under the pressure and bottles it when the heat is on.

The man comes on in the dying minutes, slots in a goal, and then puts his penalty in cool as ice after the previous two penalty misses. You need all kinds in a squad, and I definitely think what Kuyt has, we need as much as we can find.

Just because the value of him coming on and dragging the team's spirits up isn't as quantifiable as pass completion or goals and assists doesn't make it any less valuable.
They beat better teams on the way, won in circumstances when other teams would have surrendered, were given the last rites and pronounced dead at the scene, before grabbing the attendant by the throat on the slab in the morgue, making everyone jump.

- Martin Samuel, after we beat Arsenal 4-2 in the second leg of the CL QF 2007-200

Offline gloves

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #208 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:41 am »
Another important goal for us.  He's got the knack.

Offline MichaelA

• MasterBaker, honey-trapper and 'concerned neighbour'. Beyond The Pale. Vermin on the ridiculous. Would love to leave Ashley Cole gasping for air. Dupe Snoop Extraordinaire. RAWK MARTYR #1. The proud owner of a new lower case a. Mickey Two Sheds.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #209 on: February 27, 2012, 09:12:51 am »
I didn't separate them.

Sorry - I thought that you agreed with rossi's assessment of him as a footballer, but then you started talking about his character as if it was a separate thing from the way he plays football. It's not. :wave

Offline Hank Scorpio

• is really a Virgo, three pinter. Royhendo's stalker.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • POOLCHECK HOMIE
« Reply #210 on: February 27, 2012, 09:24:14 am »
Sorry - I thought that you agreed with rossi's assessment of him as a footballer, but then you started talking about his character as if it was a separate thing from the way he plays football. It's not. :wave
That's maybe how you interpreted it but that's not what I meant.  I do think that he is lacking technically, slows down moves, lacks pace etc.  But his constant movement and the fact that he keeps on trying to death is what I love about him.  He came off the bench to win yesterday, no other baggage for having started on the bench.

Ugh, don't want to be discussing this the day after he played such a significant role in helping us lift a trophy.

Offline penga

• What you get if you cross Pingu with Jenga.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #211 on: February 27, 2012, 09:28:05 am »
His best performance for the season. Well done!

Offline Roger Federer

• Christ imagine naming yourself after Roger Federer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: February 27, 2012, 09:44:48 am »
More often than not, I've agreed with Yorky's and Rossi's views on Kuyt, but there was no one I was happier for yesterday than Dirk. Changed the game after he came on. His penalty, under the pressure we were under having missed the first two, was immense, and I screamed almost as much as Dirk himself when he scored it.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #213 on: February 27, 2012, 09:48:31 am »
You can't teach BMT, it's either something the player learns by themselves or has engrained in them.

What Dirk lacks in technical ability he more than makes up with BMT and work rate. A fantastic servant to the club, a credit to the red shirt he wears and so happy for him! Deserved it.

Offline boots

• upon a hippo only look good if they match the tutu - fact! Oor Wullie, Your Wullie, A'Buddy's Wullie.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klopptimistic
« Reply #214 on: February 27, 2012, 09:52:27 am »
Well I think Dirky is smashing.
Typing with my finger on my computer. Other appendages are available.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #215 on: February 27, 2012, 09:55:25 am »

Is absolutely right MA - although Hank Scorpio also has a good point about his slowing moves down which I presume he means when he's played out wide right which for some reason seems to be where managers prefer him. I far prefer dirk up front harrying the defenders, nicking the odd goal and doing what he does best of all in that role which is to drop, turn and act as the link with midfield. Whilst he may not be the most gifted technically he has a sense of positioning and game intelligence far above what most perceive as his skill level and miles above the poor hapless Andy C in the same role even despite his recent improved showings.

I long ago ceased partaking in the tedious 'second touch is a tackle' threads. If we'd been blessed with a team of messi's and Iniesta's and xavi's then I'd have gladly admitted to Dirk's relative inadequacies. However, the fact is whilst never being a player of what you could term consummate skill, Dirk has never had anywhere near as poor a first touch as many have said.

And whilst his touch sometimes does let him down he's been by no means the only culprit. Even amongst some of our players who are more feted in that department. But as we know, it's more about the whole package you bring to the table and ever since he arrived Dirk kuyt's whole package has more than justified his inclusion in our starting eleven.

And, despite Kenny favouring his expensive signings, I don't see things regarding Kuyt any different now with the players available. Same goes for bellamy. Both should be on from the start in every big game. But I certainly don't want to go any further down that route right now when we should just be savouring what we hope is a huge step in the right direction for the club. Yesterday was a very important day for this club and the onus is on kenny and the owners to ensure we capitalise on it. and come the season end i fuckin hope that doesn't mean getting shut of Dirk as the likes of Rossi craves and kenny's current favouritim for far lessser players might seem to indicate.

I just pray maybe yesterday will have taught kenny something about who's got 'it' and who hasn't.

Offline redk84

• (and nothing else!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • why must we always do things the hard way?
« Reply #216 on: February 27, 2012, 09:57:34 am »
so glad he got that goal yesterday....it deserved to be the winning goal of the final and would have been befitting for Kuyt to have got it.

Happy that he finally has got silverware with us too...been a great servant to the club, and a great professional.
All Those Who Have A Red Heart Can Rejoice.
For They Have Seen GOD.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #217 on: February 27, 2012, 09:59:42 am »
As for "little digs" well it's hard not to respond when there's unnecessary insulting gloating shite directed my way all but saying "ha ha ha see you were wrong all along" and then of course, the beatification brigade come out saying he has pace to burn etc.

Eh Rossi - I was actually trying to be complimentary about your staying power as I hadn't read your Dirk eulogy - which was excellent btw and i can see was meant ernestly - but you can get to fuck now. Bore indeed. I'll have you know that those closest to me actually call me  Timbos 'Interesting' Goals  8)

;D

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: February 27, 2012, 10:00:23 am »
I just pray maybe yesterday will have taught kenny something about who's got 'it' and who hasn't.
I shouldn't be even arsed replying mate, given your baiting, but one last question re. the above...

Did you also think Vladi Smicer had "it" in 2005?

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: February 27, 2012, 10:02:45 am »
Eh Rossi - I was actually trying to be complimentary about your staying power as I hadn't read your Dirk eulogy - which was excellent btw and i can see was meant ernestly - but you can get to fuck now. Bore indeed. I'll have you know that those closest to me actually call me  Timbos 'Interesting' Goals  8)

;D

You weren't the 'bore' I was referring to (genderswapping Geoffstrong/Monica whatever the fuck he calls himself). On the contrary I always usually enjoy our exchanges.

Hark at you Mr Sensitive ;D

Offline Wesley Pipes

• Legacy Fan
  • PSN: WesleyP1pes
« Reply #220 on: February 27, 2012, 10:05:07 am »
Heroic.

Thought it was a masterclass for someone who i believe was put on solely to take a penalty, would have love if he kept that goal out though

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: February 27, 2012, 10:08:03 am »

Kuyt is the anti-Collymore.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #222 on: February 27, 2012, 10:15:25 am »
You weren't the 'bore' I was referring to (genderswapping Geoffstrong/Monica whatever the fuck he calls himself). On the contrary I always usually enjoy our exchanges.

Hark at you Mr Sensitive ;D

Shit!!!!!! If only I'd known it was Geoff, i'd have said Dirk was shite!!!

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:01 am »
Is absolutely right MA - although Hank Scorpio also has a good point about his slowing moves down which I presume he means when he's played out wide right which for some reason seems to be where managers prefer him. I far prefer dirk up front harrying the defenders, nicking the odd goal and doing what he does best of all in that role which is to drop, turn and act as the link with midfield. Whilst he may not be the most gifted technically he has a sense of positioning and game intelligence far above what most perceive as his skill level and miles above the poor hapless Andy C in the same role even despite his recent improved showings.

I long ago ceased partaking in the tedious 'second touch is a tackle' threads. If we'd been blessed with a team of messi's and Iniesta's and xavi's then I'd have gladly admitted to Dirk's relative inadequacies. However, the fact is whilst never being a player of what you could term consummate skill, Dirk has never had anywhere near as poor a first touch as many have said.

And whilst his touch sometimes does let him down he's been by no means the only culprit. Even amongst some of our players who are more feted in that department. But as we know, it's more about the whole package you bring to the table and ever since he arrived Dirk kuyt's whole package has more than justified his inclusion in our starting eleven.

And, despite Kenny favouring his expensive signings, I don't see things regarding Kuyt any different now with the players available. Same goes for bellamy. Both should be on from the start in every big game. But I certainly don't want to go any further down that route right now when we should just be savouring what we hope is a huge step in the right direction for the club. Yesterday was a very important day for this club and the onus is on kenny and the owners to ensure we capitalise on it. and come the season end i fuckin hope that doesn't mean getting shut of Dirk as the likes of Rossi craves and kenny's current favouritim for far lessser players might seem to indicate.

Just about to write the same, especially regarding his game intelligence:  where to put himself and the ball, he is excellent excellent.  Because of this the flow of our football with him on the pitch does not necessarily suffer.

And also, alas, the comparison with Carroll.  You bet Kuyt'd have been THERE at least for Downing's crosses yesterday.  There's still some road ahead for Carroll in terms of game intelligence.

It seems that we are forever talking about an upgrade of Dirk.  Well I was excited with the rumour of a Tevez loan  ;)

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #224 on: February 27, 2012, 10:16:40 am »
Delighted for him, he showed us the best and worst of Dirk in just a few moments in that final, he's deserved a medal for his time here and in what looks like could be his final season. It was an unbelievable strike that only one of Dirk's 'natural' ability could hit so crisply whilst falling over. :D fucking loved it and loved him, I was more convinced about him scoring his pen than I was when Stevie stepped up.

God I love him, hate him, love him, hate him, he really plays with my emotions.
That surge through I was like GO ON DIRK SCORE YA MAD BASTARD! then he just hit the most appalling shot...but the rebound, OHHHHHHHH YOU FUCKING SLOTH FROM GOONIES SUPERMAN LOVELY DEREK.
then the clearance off the line, super dirk again. Then I have no idea what the fuck he did to fall on his arse for their equaliser.
I just thought at that moment it's his fucking game, he's scored, he's saved, he's fucked up, he's gonna score his penalty, he's gonna keep on fighting.

THANK YOU DEREK
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #225 on: February 27, 2012, 10:28:50 am »
I shouldn't be even arsed replying mate, given your baiting, but one last question re. the above...

I liked vladi whilst recognising his various shortcomings and flaws. For that spell when we had the three of them pouring forward we looked superb. can't recall the other two now but we tore some sides to pieces with that trio of pacy, skilful runners - including Vlad.

For me Dirk's 'it' is to do with fitness, heart, character, resilience, staying power, belief, never say die. Allied to whatever technical ability he has got - which of course in order to get where he is he has got if not in the finesse form you [and most of us] would prefer it can make his overall package a fairly valuable one when it all comes together.

As i say rossi, i do prefer him up front dropping back, linking play as opposed to wide right where his lack of pace almost compels him to cut inside or risk  the attack totally breaking down as a result of it [apart from when he's up against a slow full back that is when he does give it a go].

Offline MichaelA

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the Academy
« Reply #226 on: February 27, 2012, 10:29:18 am »

I know you're not asking me (and possibly not speaking to me) but I think that Vladi had the skill, but in my view he lacked match intelligence. And he never had the same level of application as Derek has now. Smicer was Ged's luxury player really.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: February 27, 2012, 10:30:08 am »
Delighted for him, he showed us the best and worst of Dirk in just a few moments in that final, he's deserved a medal for his time here and in what looks like could be his final season. It was an unbelievable strike that only one of Dirk's 'natural' ability could hit so crisply whilst falling over. :D fucking loved it and loved him, I was more convinced about him scoring his pen than I was when Stevie stepped up.

God I love him, hate him, love him, hate him, he really plays with my emotions.
That surge through I was like GO ON DIRK SCORE YA MAD BASTARD! then he just hit the most appalling shot...but the rebound, OHHHHHHHH YOU FUCKING SLOTH FROM GOONIES SUPERMAN LOVELY DEREK.
then the clearance off the line, super dirk again. Then I have no idea what the fuck he did to fall on his arse for their equaliser.
I just thought at that moment it's his fucking game, he's scored, he's saved, he's fucked up, he's gonna score his penalty, he's gonna keep on fighting.

THANK YOU DEREK

Nice post.  ;D

Thought it looked like he was pushed / pulled over for their goal

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #228 on: February 27, 2012, 10:33:45 am »
Dirk Kuyt....

Is a fucking legend!!!

Just saying like...

Offline Sami

• vaguely scandinavian
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kome on pool!!!
« Reply #229 on: February 27, 2012, 10:38:44 am »
Brilliant player.
4-4-2 Sucks

Offline rossipersempre

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: February 27, 2012, 10:39:24 am »
Thought it looked like he was pushed / pulled over for their goal
"Fell" not being an option of course obviously.

And on that note, I'm done in here. Posted my sincere congrats earlier and would have left it there were it not for some childish taunts. As Hank said earlier "ugh" not the time or place for this discussion after such a great day.

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #231 on: February 27, 2012, 10:45:44 am »
Tremendously underrated... love him.
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: February 27, 2012, 10:46:21 am »

And on that note, I'm done in here. Posted my sincere congrats earlier and would have left it there were it not for some childish taunts. As Hank said earlier "ugh" not the time or place for this discussion after such a great day.

There's plenty of options :D,  but It was the grip on Dirk's arm as he went over that suggested to me the goal scorer may have contributed

Offline Art Vandelay

• a.k.a. Terry Gilliam
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: February 27, 2012, 10:51:55 am »
If we had 11 Dirk Kuyt's in our team we'd conquer the bloody world.
"And on the pedestal these words appear: 'My name is Ozymandias, King of Kings: Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!' Nothing beside remains."

Offline SamAteTheRedAcid

• Currently facing issues around potty training. All help appreciated.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: February 27, 2012, 10:55:08 am »

A team of Carraghers versus a team of Dirk Dirks, who would win? PLACE BETS NOW!
get thee to the library before the c*nts close it down

we are a bunch of twats commenting on a website.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: February 27, 2012, 10:56:52 am »
Man for the big moment.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #236 on: February 27, 2012, 10:57:02 am »

Ha ha. Now that is funny. The utter indignance. Superb Rossi.

Offline freedom

• Legacy Fan
  • ♥ You'll never walk alone ♥
« Reply #237 on: February 27, 2012, 11:02:59 am »
I love him and i want to have his babies.
A big game player!
Bill Shankly: " A lot of football success is in the mind. You must believe you are the best and then make sure that you are. "

¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸...¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
\¸.¤ LIVERPOOL¤*¨*¤.
.\¸.¤*¨¨*¤.¸¸.¸.¤*¨¨*¤.
..\
☻/
.▌
/ \

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #238 on: February 27, 2012, 11:10:46 am »

At shove-ha'penny maybe.

No, he was magnificent yesterday. A 'working-class hero' as Neil's banner predicted. It was a canny substitution by Kenny. A heavy pitch, a desperately tiring opposition and suddenly Dirk's blunderbuss qualities counted. I had no doubt he'd score from the penalty spot either - something in his body language I think.

And the goal? That was the first time in many years, possibly ever, I've seen Dirk collect a ball and steam past an opponent.  Yes, the poor fella was knackered but at least Kuyt sensed that and knew what to do. The first shot was laughable of course, but the laughter had hardly died in my throat when he followed it up with a howitzer.

It wasn't quite the Vladi Smicer 'leaving of Liverpool' present. But it wasn't that far off either.

"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Loo Pan

• Lower Cooker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Heavy Metal Football
« Reply #239 on: February 27, 2012, 11:12:12 am »
With his departure just around the corner, it's nice for him to get a medal to show for his time here.