Author Topic: Robbie Keane: Did he get a fair chance at Liverpool?  (Read 20870 times)

Offline Redshadow

• Legacy Fan
  • Wir schaffen es diesmal mit Herrn Klopp
Re: Robbie Keane: Did he get a fair chance at Liverpool?
« Reply #80 on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:18 am »
He happened to hit a very bad patch of his career at that time. Not only with, us but also with Spurs at that time. We gave him a chance, but it was down to his luck. Good luck to him now (we need to be nice to him since this is his boyhood club :D )
Whatever an education is, it should make you a unique individual, not a conformist; it should furnish you with an original spirit to tackle big challenges; it should allow you to find values to road map through life; it should make you spiritually rich, a person who loves whatever you are doing, wherever you are.

Offline Classic goal

• Kopite
« Reply #81 on: February 10, 2012, 03:45:24 am »
How many points did we lose the title by?

It was 4. But you are missing the point. Liverpool would have needed to win 14-15 consecutive league games to better Man United's form AFTER Keane was sold. So your argument that selling Keane cost us the title is at best, disingenuous.

Offline Elisha S

• talkin' 'bout my g-g-generation...
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #82 on: February 10, 2012, 03:46:50 am »
I'd have thought our best form was the period when we were scoring for fun and we were the most feared team in Europe. After the Middlesborough loss, we took 31 of the remaining 33 points. scoring 34 in 11 games and conceding 7. For the equivalent period leading up to Christmas, we took 22 points from 33, scoring 17 in 11 games and conceding 8. I've left out the Newcastle game (since it's post-Christmas) which would have bumped the figures up, but Keane didn't play in that game.

No, i would still say that our best period of the season was when we got to the top of the league.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: February 10, 2012, 03:49:52 am »
No, i would still say that our best period of the season was when we got to the top of the league.

So to you, 22 points is better than 31. Scoring 17 goals is better than scoring 34. Conceding 8 goals is better than conceding 7.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #84 on: February 10, 2012, 03:50:12 am »
Are you a glutton for punishment or something??

Fucking hell, one look at your post history shows roughly 80% of your posts on this forum are relating to Robbie Keane!

Ah, my very own internet stalker.  Well done.

Offline RedinExile

• credulous ingratiating simpleton
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 10, 2012, 03:52:16 am »
Yeah, goodnight. No doubt you will be tossing and turning, dreaming of those golden days when a Liverpool manager could flog his twenty million pound striker after a few months, without lining up a replacement.
Keane had his chance and blew it. It's a shame, I'd have liked it to have worked out for him but alas. For me, some of the air-shot misses, the farcical attempt at being too smart and his endless moaning meant he himself meant he was never likely to get longer. At the top level, you simply can't get away with not taking the few chances coming your way, you have to be clinical. Did you want him and Torres to play together? And what were you on about with the bit in bold btw?
There are always more fortresses to torch.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #86 on: February 10, 2012, 03:57:23 am »
Ah, my very own internet stalker.  Well done.

Don't flatter yourself. 
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #87 on: February 10, 2012, 03:57:29 am »
So to you, 22 points is better than 31. Scoring 17 goals is better than scoring 34. Conceding 8 goals is better than conceding 7.

We were top of the league at Christmas 2008, but finished four points behind Utd by May 2009.

Why do you think that happened?

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: February 10, 2012, 04:00:04 am »
Keane had his chance and blew it. It's a shame, I'd have liked it to have worked out for him but alas. For me, some of the air-shot misses, the farcical attempt at being too smart and his endless moaning meant he himself meant he was never likely to get longer. At the top level, you simply can't get away with not taking the few chances coming your way, you have to be clinical. Did you want him and Torres to play together? And what were you on about with the bit in bold btw?

There was one incident that annoyed me at the time. At the end of the Eindhoven game which we won 3-1, with Ngog scoring a goal, we broke again. This time, rather than pass to a teammate in a better position, as he had done earlier which resulted in Ngog scoring, this time Keane hogged the ball with teammates free and in plain view, and shot way off target rather than pass to a teammate. It was as though he was saying, I've done my bit for you, now I'm looking out for number one.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #89 on: February 10, 2012, 04:00:36 am »
We were top of the league at Christmas 2008, but finished four points behind Utd by May 2009.

Why do you think that happened?

The Mancs had a typ[ical bad start and  had to fuck off to the world club championships with games in hand before their season kicked in

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 10, 2012, 04:02:42 am »
He was terrible.  Worst was when he tried applauding the crowd as he was taken off and he kept missing. 
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #91 on: February 10, 2012, 04:04:39 am »
Don't flatter yourself. 

Ah, you certainly flatter me a little bit.

I certainly can`t imagine a situation where i would trawl another members post history.

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #92 on: February 10, 2012, 04:08:23 am »
I`m seeing this guy getting rave reviews at Villa Park. MOTM for every match he`s started.

Big fish, small pond. Charlie Adam was MOTM for a lot of Blackpool's games last season. Sees a lot of the ball, players readily look to give it to him or play him in, and in a shite team (like Villa) anyone with a bit of movement or creativity will naturally stand out.

He was never as good as a Suarez or Torres in his prime, which is the quality of striker Liverpool FC needs to have.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2012, 04:10:44 am »
In answer to the OP

Just didn't happen for him with us, in short, he was fucking diabolical

I've never seen so many air kicks in my life from one player in such a short time, he had three in the manu game at home alone. It wasn't a case he couldn't hit a barn door, he couldn't hit the fucking barn!

But, he did score a scorcher against arsenal away - fantastic goal, I'll give him that.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2012, 04:12:48 am »
Big fish, small pond. Charlie Adam was MOTM for a lot of Blackpool's games last season. Sees a lot of the ball, players readily look to give it to him or play him in, and in a shite team (like Villa) anyone with a bit of movement or creativity will naturally stand out.

He was never as good as a Suarez or Torres in his prime, which is the quality of striker Liverpool FC needs to have.

His record was comparable to Ngog's, except at 10 times the price and 3-4 times the wages.
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:12 am »
Ah, you certainly flatter me a little bit.

I certainly can`t imagine a situation where i would trawl another members post history.

Trawl? There's a search function, it's quite easy to use and a very useful site addition.

Do yourself a favour and hit the log out button before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. Even poor old Robbie himself would be embarrassed by your crusade on here to try and embellish him as some sort of martyred world class footballer whose "transfer travesty" was the reason we didn't win the league.

Do you not respect the multitude of views held by the vast majority on Rawk and even posted earlier in this thread of regular match goers who watched him week in week out?

You're quite clearly deluded on all matters Keane related and I think you've gotten far too much attention already, and I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. So with that I bid you adieu.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:19:06 am by Phil M »
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 04:16:39 am »

Hey, fair enough.

I just think that a Shankly or a Paisley or a Dalglish, having spent that amount of money on a player, would have given him more than five months.

Offline GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2012, 04:29:56 am »
Hey, fair enough.

I just think that a Shankly or a Paisley or a Dalglish, having spent that amount of money on a player, would have given him more than five months.

when you know he is struggling to fit into your system, you may as well sell in order not to lose too much money.  None of them managers had the "honour" of managing under G&H's regime
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2012, 04:31:47 am »
Trawl? There's a search function, it's quite easy to use and a very useful site addition.

Do yourself a favour and hit the log out button before you make an even bigger fool of yourself. Even poor old Robbie himself would be embarrassed by your crusade on here to try and embellish him as some sort of martyred world class footballer whose "transfer travesty" was the reason we didn't win the league.

Do you not respect the multitude of views held by the vast majority on Rawk and even posted earlier in this thread of regular match goers who watched him week in week out?

Anyway you're quite clearly deluded and I think you've gotten far too much attention already, and I refuse to have a battle of wits with an unarmed opponent. So with that I bid you adieu.

Another ignoramus. You think i`m deluded because i don`t reflect the majority RAWK opinion?

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #99 on: February 10, 2012, 04:37:54 am »
when you know he is struggling to fit into your system, you may as well sell in order not to lose too much money.  None of them managers had the "honour" of managing under G&H's regime

No, i think all of those guys would have given him more time to fit into the system, especially after spending so much money.

I simply cannot imagine Shankly, Paisley or Dalglish selling Keane after five months. They would have brought their managerial genius into play in fitting him into the system.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #100 on: February 10, 2012, 04:40:12 am »
No, i think all of those guys would have given him more time to fit into the system, especially after spending so much money.

I simply cannot imagine Shankly, Paisley or Dalglish selling Keane after five months. They would have brought their managerial genius into play in fitting him into the system.

I didn't knew you joined the RAWK. Now fuck off to Villatalk Robbie.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #101 on: February 10, 2012, 04:41:47 am »

Ahhh!! Not a Rafa fan then?

This was never about RK was it

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #102 on: February 10, 2012, 04:43:37 am »
I don't understand the point of this thread?
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #103 on: February 10, 2012, 04:45:34 am »
Wow, 15 goals a season. Forgotten what that felt like. I wonder who out of our strikers at the moment will get 15 goals this season?

Probably none.

An extra 15 goals this season and we'd probably be looking at challenging for the title.

No way is Keane the answer, but to say that 15 goals is not good for the team is ridiculous.

This is what staggers me. I am called a fool for claiming we should have kept Keane for the last few months of the 2009 season. The accepted RAWK opinion seems to be that Keane is shite, all other opinions are to be mocked or ignored.

Fuc.k that.

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 10, 2012, 04:50:48 am »
Another ignoramus. You think i`m deluded because i don`t reflect the majority RAWK opinion?

Charming. Do us a favour and wind your neck in a bit. No that clearly wasn't what I said, you pick and choose which comments it suits your agenda to reply to, perhaps you can't comprehend what people are telling you or else maybe it's that you would rather not listen to anyone who contradicts your own frankly inane pro-Keane bias.

If you recall you asked the question in your opening post for members of the forum to contribute to "..did Keane get a fair crack of the whip at Anfield?"

But you clearly can't handle the fact that Keane's time at Anfield is viewed as a failure, the reasons for which have been explained to you in great detail by quite a few people already in this thread including myself.

So there you have it, the answers you were looking for but as that doesn't suit you or your rhetoric on the player I'm not sure what you're hoping to prove or achieve by trying to convince anyone otherwise.

You're entitled to your own opinion, everyone is of course but throwing your toys out the pram (see post above this) because you don't like hearing why we believe he was a flop just makes you look rather embarassingly immature I'm afraid.

That's my opinion. :wave
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 04:55:35 am by Phil M »

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #105 on: February 10, 2012, 04:52:00 am »
Ahhh!! Not a Rafa fan then?

This was never about RK was it

I loved Rafa.

But you do not sell 20 million pound players after five months unless you have seriously lost the plot.

Offline Johnnyboy1973

• ★★★ Never, ever, bloody anything ever! ★★★
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Up the piss boiling, asthmatic Reds!!!
« Reply #106 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:25 am »
We got off lightly in the end.

Thankfully, Spurs were foolish enough to buy him and stick him on their bench nigh on permanently.
Where's this Yakimoto fella?

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #107 on: February 10, 2012, 04:55:48 am »
He brought airball to a whole new level....

Offline IndianRed

• Legacy Fan
  • Derp Derp
« Reply #108 on: February 10, 2012, 05:00:36 am »
I loved Rafa.

But you do not sell 20 million pound players after five months unless you have seriously lost the plot.

Your stance would've been justified if Keane did go on to achieve something of note on his return back to Spurs. No, he was absolutely shite for them as well. Redknapp, who would never say no to having too many players, saw fit to loan him to Celtic and West Ham in his time as Spurs manager. Keane bombed pretty badly at West Ham where his trademark air-shots saw their relegation sealed. And now, he is playing in the comfy retirement home for past-it players that is the MLS. A couple of half decent performances with a dire Villa side doesn't mask the fact that we signed him when he was past his peak.

It was a mistake by Benitez to sign him in the first place. Selling him then soon when his stock was still high was the best thing to do. But it was a miscalculation on Rafa's part to assume that the tumours would hand over the Keane money in the summer to finance a move for Jovetic. Alas by then, they were in full asset-stripping mode.

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2012, 05:05:16 am »
Charming. Do us a favour and wind your neck in a bit. No that clearly wasn't what I said, you pick and choose which comments it suits your agenda to reply to, perhaps you can't comprehend what people are telling you or else maybe it's that you would rather not listen to anyone who contradicts your own frankly inane pro-Keane bias.

If you recall you asked the question in your opening post for members of the forum to contribute to "..did Keane get a fair crack of the whip at Anfield?"

But you clearly can't handle the fact that Keane's time at Anfield is viewed as a failure, the reasons for which have been explained to you in great detail by quite a few people already in this thread including myself.

So there you have it, the answers you were looking for but as that doesn't suit you or your rhetoric on the player I'm not sure what you're hoping to prove or achieve by trying to convince anyone otherwise.

I haven`t heard a single reason why we sold our 20 million pound striker in the middle of the season, when we were also chasing the title. Liverpool simply do not operate on such an amateurish level.

I also couldn`t give a shite what majority RAWK opinion is on anything. My generation have our own opinions, and we certainly don`t give a toss what `majority opinion` on the interweb tells us.

Offline mercury

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2012, 05:09:53 am »
I haven`t heard a single reason why we sold our 20 million pound striker in the middle of the season, when we were also chasing the title. Liverpool simply do not operate on such an amateurish level.

I also couldn`t give a shite what majority RAWK opinion is on anything. My generation have our own opinions, and we certainly don`t give a toss what `majority opinion` on the interweb tells us.

;D 

funny thread this.

Offline Elisha S

• Anny Roader
« Reply #111 on: February 10, 2012, 05:10:00 am »
Your stance would've been justified if Keane did go on to achieve something of note on his return back to Spurs. No, he was absolutely shite for them as well. Redknapp, who would never say no to having too many players, saw fit to loan him to Celtic and West Ham in his time as Spurs manager. Keane bombed pretty badly at West Ham where his trademark air-shots saw their relegation sealed. And now, he is playing in the comfy retirement home for past-it players that is the MLS. A couple of half decent performances with a dire Villa side doesn't mask the fact that we signed him when he was past his peak.

It was a mistake by Benitez to sign him in the first place. Selling him then soon when his stock was still high was the best thing to do. But it was a miscalculation on Rafa's part to assume that the tumours would hand over the Keane money in the summer to finance a move for Jovetic. Alas by then, they were in full asset-stripping mode.

Unbelievable. This is a guy who played for us for five months.

When did Liverpool supporters get so shallow and impatient?

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2012, 05:10:52 am »

If you don't give a shite about other people's opinions why did you start the thread?

To answer your point about why he was sold wasn't there rumours about him disrupting the dressing room, I vaguely remember an interview Steven Gerrard did defending him around the time but then, I could be wrong.

Edit: SG wasn't defending him; Mark Lawrenson caused a bit of a stir when he mentioned a private conversation he had with Gerrard about Keane supposedly being sold
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 05:24:55 am by Jagged Princess »
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2012, 05:20:19 am »

So.... this season we sold/loaned/gave our £17mil midfielder (some Italian guy who's name can't be mentioned..) and another £12mil midfielder who was one of the better players last season, when we are just chasing for 4th spot... and with our main CM still injured...

Damm Rafa, must be his fault again.

Offline love:the:game

• Yes mate...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • If found please return to nearest Blackjack Table
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2012, 05:20:21 am »
This is what staggers me. I am called a fool for claiming we should have kept Keane for the last few months of the 2009 season.

I don't think you can say what he would or wouldn't have done the second half of that season. Yeah he regularly scored 15 goals but where did that ever get his team? In the 6 seasons before he joined us Spurs finished 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th and 11th. We could've carried on playing him - at an opportunity cost I might add - and got nowhere, or we cut our losses short, sent him back to where he came from, and ended up just 4 points behind the title. He was a player who'd already had his heyday and was heading towards the twilight years of his career, demonstrated by the fact that he didn't do bugger all when he went back to Spurs, and hasn't come close to scoring those amount of goals anywhere since. Whatever sentimental reasons Harry had for taking him back, no way could we have turned it down at the time.
I think we'd have won the league if we'd sold Keane to Man United.

Offline RedMichelFerri

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone - Liverpool till I die
« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2012, 05:33:21 am »

He was really shite with us and missed sitters beyond belief. Again he had the stinking attitude and blamed everyone else for his failure for missing open goal from 4 yards week in week out. Then there was his antics when getting subbed and the media circus involved with that. It was really taking its toll on the players and manager. He was media boy and instead of media asking about his horrible misses, every press conference the manager had to justify his reasons for subbing him. He got plenty of time to show his worth and blew it. 
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.”

- Rafa Benitez : RIP Ray.

Offline Nin

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2012, 05:33:41 am »
No he didn't get a fair chance. A striker misses chances, that's just football. In fact 7 goals in a season now seems quite prolific compared to the strikers we have at the moment, so I don't see how him missing chances is a valid criticism. I don't see the same sort of abuse being hurled at the likes of Crouch who took about 20 games to score their first goal.

I guess it was the fact that he wasn't Rafa signing and didn't get on with him etc that's the main reason for people's dislike of Keane. But I think not having a decent backup for Torres is what cost us the league in the end.

Offline Sangria

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2012, 05:39:10 am »
I don't think you can say what he would or wouldn't have done the second half of that season. Yeah he regularly scored 15 goals but where did that ever get his team? In the 6 seasons before he joined us Spurs finished 10th, 14th, 9th, 5th, 5th and 11th. We could've carried on playing him - at an opportunity cost I might add - and got nowhere, or we cut our losses short, sent him back to where he came from, and ended up just 4 points behind the title. He was a player who'd already had his heyday and was heading towards the twilight years of his career, demonstrated by the fact that he didn't do bugger all when he went back to Spurs, and hasn't come close to scoring those amount of goals anywhere since. Whatever sentimental reasons Harry had for taking him back, no way could we have turned it down at the time.

More relevantly, Keane scored 7 from 28 games at Liverpool, most of which he started. Ngog scored 19 from 94, 2/3 of which which he'd started in at most, and probably closer to half. If you have 2 strikers with similar records (if we take the worst estimate of Ngog's stats), but one of them costs 10 times as much and for 4 times the wages and with a shit attitude to boot, why does the big name striker get a thread like this?
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

Offline Borninbethlehem

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2012, 05:44:06 am »
Very good player when he had the right attitude. Unfortunately he didn't have the right attitude playing for us. Don't know what happened when he came to is because he was superb at Spurs before he came to us and he was great for Celtic after us and now seems to be doing well at Villa.

• Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2012, 05:44:10 am »
No he didn't get a fair chance. A striker misses chances, that's just football. In fact 7 goals in a season now seems quite prolific compared to the strikers we have at the moment, so I don't see how him missing chances is a valid criticism. I don't see the same sort of abuse being hurled at the likes of Crouch who took about 20 games to score their first goal.

I guess it was the fact that he wasn't Rafa signing and didn't get on with him etc that's the main reason for people's dislike of Keane. But I think not having a decent backup for Torres is what cost us the league in the end.
Crouch was putting in good performances,week in,week out.Keane wasnt!!.

Fuck stats n goals.Crouch was actually playing fucking well FFS