Author Topic: Tourists at Anfield  (Read 3507 times)

Offline deanbarber

• Main Stander
Tourists at Anfield
« on: January 29, 2012, 04:33:06 pm »
Im going to try and say this without trying to offend anyone, but; alot of Scousers who attend Liverpool matches at Anfield week in, week out are always complaining about that there are too many tourists at Anfield and that they dont show their passion via singing, and maybe there are too many attending and dampening the atmosphere.  but thats not my point. I understand the side of 'the locals should get priority to go to games', but you cant really expect the club to excluded tourists from going to the matches simply because they are not local. Liverpool is one of the biggest clubs in the world and is recognised in every country on this planet we live on. Do you think liverpool fc would be widely known and dearly loved internationally if it were 'scouse only'? i dont think so.  Myself, ive never been to Anfield, never been to Uk, but that doesnt make me less of a fan. In fact, i  have not miss one lfc match this season despite the radical time zone difference; this includes staying up until 5 am on a weekday before school, and staying up until 4am most saturdays. I plan to go to Anfield at the end of this calander year; and i, as well as other tourists who plan to go, do not want to feel unwelcomed and frowned upon for simply being a tourist who wants to sing 'ynwa' and to see the club win. Liverpool is not just a local club, its the best club in the WORLD, and fans should not be frowned upon for going to matches, especially the ones who do make an effort to sing, when there are alot of locals who are too busy on their cameras instead of watching the game.

Offline ghost1359

• Loves his nuts, but can't swallow them without gagging
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Tourists at Anfield
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 05:08:52 pm »

It's an argument dragged out by idiots that don't like to accept that locals can be just as stale in their support as anyone else. If you're singing/paying then it doesn't/shouldn't matter.
"Be on the watch, the gods will offer you chances. Know them, take them" - The laughing heart, Charles Bukowski

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
Re: Tourists at Anfield
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2012, 05:10:20 pm »
A lot of locals don't sing or support the team at times.

And this will only turn into an OOTer v Locals thread as per normal so locked.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/