Author Topic: Liverpool 2 vs Man City 2 - Wed 25th Jan, 19:45 K/O (3-2 agg)  (Read 11897 times)

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Liverpool 2 vs Man City 2 - Wed 25th Jan, 19:45 K/O (3-2 agg)
« on: January 25, 2012, 06:06:04 pm »

Head to Head
Man City 0-1 Liverpool
Man City 3-0 Liverpool
Liverpool 1-1 Man City
Liverpool 3-0 Man City
Man City 3-0 Liverpool

Last 5 Games
Bolton  3-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 0-0 Stoke City
Man City 0-1 Liverpool
Liverpool 5-1 Oldham
Man City 3-0 Liverpool

Last 5 Games
Man City 3-2 Tottenham Spurs
Wigan 0-1 Man City
Man City 0-1 Liverpool
Man city 2-3 Man utd
Man City 3-0 Liverpool

Team News

Liverpool: Lucas (Torn ACL) Suarez (6/8 match ban)

Manchester City: Kolo & Yaya Toure (Africa Cup of Nations) Kompany (3/4 match ban) Balotelli (1/4 match ban)

Teams:

Liverpool: Reina, Johnson, Skrtel, Agger, Jose Enrique, Henderson, Adam, Downing, Gerrard, Bellamy, Kuyt. Subs: Doni, Carroll, Maxi, Coates, Carragher, Shelvey, Kelly.
Man City: Hart, Richards, Savic, Lescott, Kolarov, De Jong, Barry, Zabaleta, Silva, Nasri, Dzeko. Subs: Pantilimon, Milner, Johnson, Aguero, Hargreaves, Clichy, Rekik.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2012, 09:21:42 pm by MichaelA »

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool vs Man City - Wed 25th Jan, 19:45 K/O (1-0 )
« Reply #1 on: January 25, 2012, 07:45:21 pm »
1 - And we are off!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2012, 07:45:40 pm »
sums up everyones feelings i think

Feeling a little sick with anxiety?

How I've missed you, old friend.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2012, 07:46:55 pm »
1 - City kick off and manage to lose the ball, but then win it again and have since had the majority of the possession. Liverpool have now won it back and are trying to probe into the City box.....City win the ball back....
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2012, 07:47:50 pm »
2 -  Ref gives a free kick to City for a nudge  in the back....probably fair. City just maintain the possession instead of trying to get one in the box.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2012, 07:49:04 pm »
We're Not Racist, We only Hate Mancs

getting bellowed around Anfield

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2012, 07:50:00 pm »
4 - City passing the ball around well in midfield, but are lacking any real penetration. Liverpool have now won it back and just manage to keep the ball......Liverpool manage to break and smashes a hopeful ball to no one in particular in the box...City head it to Enrique who tries to toe poke it to the goal.....Hart just saves.....Downing smashes the ball wide and high as it rebounds to him....

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #7 on: January 25, 2012, 07:50:54 pm »
5 - Bellamy breaks and is pushed wide....no one really comes with him except for Kuyt on the back post....ball goes for a corner and it is easily headed away by City...Liverpool win back possession.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:32 pm »
Enrique was just outside the 6 yard box with his shot brilliant save from Hart and Downing on the rebound really should have smashed it in

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:38 pm »
Apparently Stevie got a yellow for a challenge on Barry....bit harsh to be honest. Captain probably getting his own back for the comments today.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2012, 07:51:50 pm »
Enrique was just outside the 6 yard box with his shot brilliant save from Hart and Downing on the rebound really should have smashed it in

Really wasted it - Downing that is.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2012, 07:52:45 pm »
Really wasted it - Downing that is.

im trying to be neutral....

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:26 pm »
8 - Bellamy manages to win the ball and then makes a grimace and holds his leg? Not sure if he is injured or not.....looks to have come back on the pitch with a few looks at the sidelines.....

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: January 25, 2012, 07:53:53 pm »
im trying to be neutral....

;). My commentary is trying to be too :D

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 25, 2012, 07:55:14 pm »
for those slagging city off last week for not selling out although not as bad their still are a  few seats placed around anfield empty

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: January 25, 2012, 07:56:14 pm »
10 - Just a bit of Liverpool and City possession at the moment. Bellamy manages to break on the right and wins a corner.....barely misses the first man....Liverpool manage to win the ball back tho....Adam goes for glory with his right and it goes straight through to Hart for an easy save.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 25, 2012, 07:57:18 pm »
12 - City manage to get in to Liverpool's box, but the ball comes away from Silva and goes for a Liverpool goal kick.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 25, 2012, 07:58:27 pm »
13 - Liverpool get the ball on the right from a throw in and manage to win a corner.....Bellamy takes over from Stevie and doesn't get it past the first man...I think we need some corner practice :P

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: January 25, 2012, 08:01:09 pm »
15 - City try to break, but our defence seems to be holding and we win the ball back....Bellamy gets the ball on the left of the box and tries to cut it back....goes straight to City and allows City to break......Silva passes it diagonally to Kolarov and City manage to win a corner...first real chance of the game.

Ball is defended well, but City win it back in midfield.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: January 25, 2012, 08:02:47 pm »
17 - Replays of a challenge in the box by Adam show that Adam did foul Dzeko and it probably should have been a penalty...nothing made of it though.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 25, 2012, 08:04:06 pm »
City 68% and Liverpool 32%

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: January 25, 2012, 08:05:04 pm »
20 - City just having possession at the moment - generally in the middle and not getting too far in to the Liverpool half.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 25, 2012, 08:06:09 pm »
Atmosphere is BOSS tonight.

COME ON YOU RED MEN

it really is hopefully this atmosphere can carry onto sat

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: January 25, 2012, 08:06:12 pm »
21 - Bellamy charges through past Savic on the right and smashes one at Hart...shot easily saved, but ball is parried away to the left hand side. City mange to get control back.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24 on: January 25, 2012, 08:07:45 pm »
Over to Azi.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: January 25, 2012, 08:08:19 pm »
the way the games started you'd think city were the ones defending a one goal lead seem happy to sit back and defend

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:07 pm »
23 - City try to put a quick through ball to Dzeko but Pepe is alert and collects the ball

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:11 pm »
the way the games started you'd think city were the ones defending a one goal lead seem happy to sit back and defend

Perhaps they are waiting for us to to slow down, tire and become sloppy? Bring on Aguero at the end and bam.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: January 25, 2012, 08:09:23 pm »
Uch bellamy off side.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: January 25, 2012, 08:10:07 pm »
24 - Kuyt plays a through ball to Bellamy who finishes superbly into the bottom corner only to turn around and see the linesman lift his flag just offside correct decision

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: January 25, 2012, 08:11:57 pm »
I love it when keepers come out to take free kicks...I just want the ball to land one a Liverpool's foot as the smash it towards the goal :P

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2012, 08:11:59 pm »
26 - city trying to keep the ball now but lose it to the Duracell bunny who starts another attack through Enrique his pass is over hit to downing but it doesnt matter as downing is flagged as being offside

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2012, 08:13:31 pm »
27 mins every chance we get we seem to hoof the ball in savics space in the hope he fumbles or slips but so far the young kid has stayed strong

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2012, 08:14:40 pm »
28 mins and just as i hit post the next attack bellamy closes down savic who panics and his control lets him down and its out for a corner - u know how our corners go and city are on the break

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: January 25, 2012, 08:15:16 pm »
Bellamy is desperate for some help up top. Kuyt not doing too badly tonight in all honesty.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:19 pm »
29 - gerarrd stops a city attack and his clearence causes hand bags between kuyt and lescott both things its their ball ref gives it to city we win the ball back and clear it savic again panics as bellamy is chasing him down but lucky for him Richards is nearby to clear the danger

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: January 25, 2012, 08:16:43 pm »
Not surprised really.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 vs Man City 1 - Wed 25th Jan, 19:45 K/O (1-0 )
« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2012, 08:17:16 pm »
Goal to City as De Jong walks through our midfield and smashes one in from 30 yards out.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2012, 08:17:21 pm »
0-1 De jong

silva creates some space and finds De jong who slips just as he shoots and it curls into the top corner

kop stunned

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpool 0 vs Man City 1 - Wed 25th Jan, 19:45 K/O (1-0 )
« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2012, 08:18:22 pm »
33 - identical to every game city have beat us we control the early stuff then city score through a fuck up from us