Author Topic: Steve Bruce. He's got a big sacked head  (Read 18281 times)

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
Re: Steve Bruce sacked
« Reply #120 on: November 30, 2011, 09:33:46 pm »
The genius of Steve Bruce will be felt long after he's gone, considering the contracts of John O'Shea (age 30) and Wes Brown (age 32) both expire in 2015. I think it will take whoever replaces him at least a season or two to shift some of the players Bruce has signed.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #121 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:02 pm »
All ye needed to say mate, we get the picture    :wave

You're enjoying today, aren't you? :)
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #122 on: November 30, 2011, 09:39:34 pm »
The genius of Steve Bruce will be felt long after he's gone, considering the contracts of John O'Shea (age 30) and Wes Brown (age 32) both expire in 2015. I think it will take whoever replaces him at least a season or two to shift some of the players Bruce has signed.

Those contracts cannot be serious.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #123 on: November 30, 2011, 09:45:18 pm »
Those contracts cannot be serious.

Oh but they are...

Black Cats boss Steve Bruce has completed a double raid on champions Manchester United and brought John O'Shea to Sunderland.
Both O’Shea and Brown, who is 31, have signed four-year contracts with the Black Cats, keeping them at the club until 2015.
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/sunderland-afc/safc-news/2011/07/08/john-o-shea-relishing-fresh-sunderland-start-72703-29017828/#ixzz1fEAbRGSF

Offline Wembley 78

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #124 on: November 30, 2011, 09:48:04 pm »
I wish Ian Dowie for them.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #125 on: November 30, 2011, 09:49:01 pm »
Saw someone talking about the job on Sky earlier. He said, and I quote, "Martin O'Neill is one of the favourites, and he's certainly the best and most experienced manager out there currently without a job".

:lmao
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #126 on: November 30, 2011, 09:50:53 pm »
Oh but they are...

What an unbelievably shite manager.

BTW: I wasn't questioning you, just for a brief second I thought there was a brain in that mass Bruce calls a head.

Online LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #127 on: November 30, 2011, 09:51:57 pm »
rafa is too good for the job but his reputation atm is low and he would massively over-achieve at sunderland, also he wouldnt give mancs free 6 points.

Offline Crimson_Tank

• Rhyming Slang. RAWK Virgil. Knows a proper spit-roast when he sees one.....something to do with the law of the bi.....Is truly a giant amongst the short staff.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Time is an illusion, Lunchtime, doubly so." F.P.
« Reply #128 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:05 pm »
Saw someone talking about the job on Sky earlier. He said, and I quote, "Martin O'Neill is one of the favourites, and he's certainly the best and most experienced manager out there currently without a job"

I for one hope that they do go for O'Neill, I would be a bit upset if Rafa went to Sunderland, as it is doubtful that the fans would give him any respect.
I watched a YouTube video and decided that Paul Konchesky looked like a player.
A dead animal is a dead animal. And a piece of meat is a piece of meat.

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #129 on: November 30, 2011, 09:52:35 pm »
BTW: I wasn't questioning you, just for a brief second I thought there was a brain in that mass Bruce calls a head.

Oh I know. I just like re-affirming how overrated and shite a manager Bruce is.

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #130 on: November 30, 2011, 09:53:38 pm »
Oh I know. I just like re-affirming how overrated and shite a manager Bruce is.

And he'll walk into a job in the PL or Championship within a year.
Something wrong with this league.

Offline Billy1561

• The egg-beating, Turbo Wrist-Action King. Conqueror of Mow cop otherwise known as The Cow Mopper! Too old for Google...too overloaded to byte.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scouse by birth. Red by choice.
« Reply #131 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:34 pm »
The day just keeps getting better. See ya fat head.
"A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life."

Offline berrno3333

• Taliban Arse
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Noodles i slipped",
« Reply #132 on: November 30, 2011, 09:57:38 pm »
Get back to Easter Island ,yer fat headed twat.
An arsehole of the first order and proud of it.                                                                                   Founder member of the Popular front of Judea

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #133 on: November 30, 2011, 10:00:09 pm »
And he'll walk into a job in the PL or Championship within a year.
Something wrong with this league.

I actually don't think he will join a PL club anytime soon, although his relationship with Ferguson will ensure he will get one soon enough. I think his decision making and experience at Sunderland and lack of loyalty elsewhere has been more under the microscope lately. A similar thing happened to O'Neill after he left Villa.  If someone in the press actually starts to take a look at his transfer record over the last 5-6 years, he shouldn't be going anywhere in the next 12 months.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #134 on: November 30, 2011, 10:06:30 pm »
Good. The fucking moomin.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline 007.lankyguy

• Subject of a restraining order by a regular member of the HIGNFY crew. Hasn't got a clue when Liverpool play next. Fully stopped.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2011, 10:38:39 pm »
Oh, I thought RAWK liked Steve Bruce ;D
"Mind you, I've been here during the bad times too - one year we came second." Sir Bob

Offline Vinay

• West Coast privileges revoked due to jinxing activity. Considerably more greedier than yaow!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Ceux qui écrivent clairement ont des lecteurs.....
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2011, 10:42:38 pm »
I see Rafa's name being taken in vain with respect to this job. Sunderland is beneath him.

Offline Crackerjack Sam

• Legacy Fan
  • Egyptian Magician
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2011, 10:44:54 pm »
Thought Fat Head was doing a good job myself. Probably asked for more money with January looming. They said no! He said" I'm off"  that's it!
PSN ID - hajme1   
Sticking to RAWK I am.  Real forum, real mods, real fans, fair and unbiased opinions etc..etc.. 8)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2011, 10:54:13 pm »
I actually don't think he will join a PL club anytime soon, although his relationship with Ferguson will ensure he will get one soon enough. I think his decision making and experience at Sunderland and lack of loyalty elsewhere has been more under the microscope lately.

and things like this wont help him:

The manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Offline Hymer Red

• With the money from the accident she bought herself a mobile home...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2011, 11:19:59 pm »
I reckon MON to Sunderland and Fat 'Ead to Blackburn within a few weeks (maybe days) to be a bit nearer whiskey nose.  Isnt Hughes in for the Welsh gig?
This Klopp fella, hes not bad is he?

Offline exiledintheUSA

• Not to be confused with Darren from Thetford. Or Phil Dowd.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice HAS come. YNWA 97
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2011, 11:25:24 pm »
I see Rafa's name being taken in vain with respect to this job. Sunderland is beneath him.

Think he needs this type of job to get his stock back up, he would have them in the top 6 in two years.
Been all over the world but Anfield is still my home.

Offline NOTBORNIN1982

• and neither is he the best poster on here, not even close in fact. Maybe the 1982nd.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Those who believe in telekinetics, raise my hand
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2011, 11:34:23 pm »

That's bollox pal.
"How much do you smoke, sir? Two packs a day, is that right? Pussy. I go through two lighters a day. That's right, two lighters! You're a health nut compared to me."

Offline Samee

• الذين اذا اصابتهم مصيبة قالوا انا لله وانا &#
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2011, 11:35:19 pm »
Was just looking at a thread about Rafa on a Sunderland forum from back in August and some of the shit on there is hilarious. So many of them are so ill-informed you just have to laugh really. What's even funnier is that there dead certain they're right as well, proper cocky about it. My stance on the media softened a bit with how nicely Rafa's played with them since being sacked but that just reminded me exactly what the media did to Rafa. Bunch of c*nts. And the people that ate up the shit served by them are even bigger c*nts.
@Samee
In Leicester?
if city win the CL or the prem league in the next 3 years, I'll eat my own poo.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2011, 11:36:02 pm »
I hope Mark Hughes gets the job, because I really miss seeing Kia Joorabchian defending his clients' various ludicrous activities/salaries on Sky Sports News every other fucking day.
And Carlos Tevez will probably be persuaded that Sunderland is closer to Buenos Aires than Manchester, so everyone will be a winner.

Well, apart from Sunderland fans.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2011, 11:38:57 pm »
He will be missed.

"You've got a head like a beach ball"  ;D
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2011, 11:39:02 pm »
Louise Taylor, the Guardian's North East football reporter, has an excellent article about Bruce's departure

Steve Bruce was a manager who refused to move with the times

The former Sunderland No1 paid little attention to modern coaching methods, technology or tactics – and now he looks like man whose era has passed

Louise Taylor
        guardian.co.uk, Wednesday 30 November 2011 21.08 GMT

Shortly after taking charge at Sunderland Steve Bruce was asked if he had considered experimenting with a Christmas Tree formation. "I'm not really into tactics," he replied. At the time that response was easy to interpret as a deliberately flippant or, perhaps, a self-deprecating means of avoiding answering the question. As the seasons passed, though, the suspicion grew that the former Manchester United captain had simply been honest.

Arguably one of the principal reasons Bruce is no longer in charge at the Stadium of Light concerns his apparent inability to tweak formations or tactics during matches. Whenever a rival manager re-configured his system mid-game, Bruce invariably failed to come up with a countermeasure.

In recent months Alan Pardew, Mark Hughes, Roy Hodgson and, most recently, Roberto Martínez have all seemingly out-thought him as Sunderland dropped points against supposedly weaker sidesthey really should have beaten.

If he failed to cut it as a tactician, the 50-year-old did not seem much of a strategist either. Including loans, 30 players were signed – several of whom have subsequently been moved on – during Bruce's two-and-a-half years on Wearside. That represents an unsettling "churn" factor and hardly proved conducive to developing either a clear playing philosophy or strong team spirit.

Always rather amorphous, if not downright scrappy, Sunderland's high-tempo style lacked creativity, not to mention control, in central midfield. Unable to dictate play, the team frequently failed to press home early advantages.

In many ways Bruce's decision to make the hot-headed, yellow card-prone Lee Cattermole his captain proved emblematic of a rather gung-ho reign during which players such as David Meyler were rushed back from serious injuries only to suffer further complications, the idea of hiring a sports psychologist was dismissed and the manager boasted about his inability to send an email. While Bruce – who did finally learn how to log on last summer when the club issued him with an iPad – may well argue this lack of computer literacy was hardly relevant, many of his peers spend countless hours checking out the latest sports science innovations, researching transfer targets and analysing Prozone statistics on their increasingly indispensable laptops.

Unashamedly old school, Bruce believed that motivation was the key to management but the influx of overseas coaches has raised the Premier League's technical bar and despite his relative youth, he has begun to look suspiciously like a man whose era has passed.

Unlike many modern managers he did not coach the team himself, delegating that job to his assistant, Eric Black. While Bruce's undoubtedly engaging, humour-suffused, personality had a broad appeal, he fell out with quite a few players, most notably Kenwyne Jones, now at Stoke, and Anton Ferdinand, now at QPR and who had by common consensus finally emerged as Sunderland's outstanding defender when he was sold in August.

Shortly afterwards Sunderland's manager was badly let down by Titus Bramble, who faces a crown court trial on sexual assault charges in January. Other bad buys included Matthew Kilgallon, Christian Riveros, Marcos Angeleri and Paulo Da Silva. Meanwhile Craig Gardner, bought from Birmingham for £6m, has barely figured in the first team.

There were some good purchases along the way, too, such as Lorik Cana, Asamoah Gyan and, above all, Darren Bent . Unfortunately Bent had become desperate to leave Sunderland six months before his eventual move to Aston Villa in January. Cana headed to Turkey after just a year while Gyan has newly gone to United Arab Emirates on loan. Money evidently played a big part in all these deals, but it does not represent the entire behind-the-scenes story.

Something was clearly wrong because, as last season's promising beginning subsided into a post-new year collapse, managerial excuses increasingly became a recurring, if self-destructive, theme.

It certainly did not play well with Sunderland fans when the crowd were blamed for harbouring overly "great expectations" or that Bruce constantly bemoaned the difficulty of attracting players to the north-east. More recently, his loudest lament has been that locals would not accept him purely because he had been born north of the Tyne and grew up supporting Newcastle United.

Granted, a minority shamefully hurled chants of "You fat Geordie bastard – get out of our club" after Saturday's defeat to Wigan, but the overwhelming majority of supporters did not care about his roots. Moreover their "expectations" were mostly pretty modest.

Two home wins since New Year's Day have tried Wearsiders' patience but, contrary to Bruce's theories, many would have taken the odd defeat to Newcastle in their stride had there been signs of progress or a discernible playing pattern emerging. Maybe the core problem was that Bruce never accepted that, sometimes, the devil really is in the detail. Soon after Ahmed Elmohamady arrived from Egypt, Sunderland's manager was asked if the winger would be observing Ramadan and if so, how the daylight fasting might affect his game.

The question was met with a blank look. "Is Elmohamady a Coptic Christian rather than a Muslim then?" the questioner persisted. It was an important distinction and the answer should have tripped off Bruce's tongue, but he clearly did not have a clue.
Counted out

2: Points clear of the relegation zone, in 16th, having won only two of 13 league games this season

10: Sunderland's position last season. The club finished 13th in Steve Bruce's first full season in charge

28: Bruce's win percentage, less than Premier League figure with Wigan Athletic and Birmingham City

30: Number of players Bruce signed since joining in March 2009, several of whom have left

15: Red cards received during Bruce's reign, more than any other Premier League club in the same period

2: His second sacking. Bruce resigned at Sheffield Utd, Wigan (twice), Crystal Palace and Birmingham
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/nov/30/steve-bruce-sunderland-sacked

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2011, 11:41:52 pm »
Think he needs this type of job to get his stock back up, he would have them in the top 6 in two years.
Ohh no he wouldn't.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2011, 11:45:57 pm »
I'll miss the sight of that cheeky little nose of his. Nan-night and god-bless.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2011, 11:52:23 pm »
Sunderland as a club has so much potential. Big stadium that can be filled, youth academy that is producing and an owner that will spend (not massively but will invest). If Rafa is told he has 3 years to get them challenging top 6 then he should take it, simple as.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2011, 11:56:53 pm »
Sunderland as a club has so much potential. Big stadium that can be filled, youth academy that is producing and an owner that will spend (not massively but will invest). If Rafa is told he has 3 years to get them challenging top 6 then he should take it, simple as.

I think he would, because once he's sorted out the initial mess, it would give him a project to rebuild a team from the ground-up in his image. The problem is he more than likely won't be given the opportunity.

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #150 on: November 30, 2011, 11:58:11 pm »
Will you good people please refrain from saying Rafa should be installed at the SOL.  I deffo don't want him there, why would I, I don't want the Mackems doing well.  Get Monkeyheed back    ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #151 on: December 1, 2011, 12:00:46 am »
Just seen an old woman struggling with her shopping.

A said to her, "Can you manage pet"

She replied, "Fuck off, i wouldn't be seen dead in Sunderland never mind manage the bastards.

ha ha :D

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #152 on: December 1, 2011, 12:01:19 am »
Will you good people please refrain from saying Rafa should be installed at the SOL.  I deffo don't want him there, why would I, I don't want the Mackems doing well.  Get Monkeyheed back    ;D

Iain Dowie is out of work, will that do you?

Offline tommy LFC

• Despite his sophistication, intelligence, wit, charm and extraordinary good looks, nobody wanted to give him one...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • VAR is shite.
« Reply #153 on: December 1, 2011, 12:02:36 am »
I think he would, because once he's sorted out the initial mess, it would give him a project to rebuild a team from the ground-up in his image. The problem is he more than likely won't be given the opportunity.

I think he'd be given time. Bruce had what, 2 and a half years? Bought a huge amount of players, spent a decent amount.... basically was backed very well and given time. But he deserved the sack. Thats all Rafa will want, let him try, back him and he'll live or die by the results. I would genuinely love to see him back in management, even if it is two steps back and all that.
Let us never forget Rafael Benitez and what he did for us. A fighter full of guts and passion. A gentleman full of class and dignity. A football manager full of intelligence and pure genius. A Legend.
Adios Rafa, buena suerte.

Some people say I'm a dreamer...

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #154 on: December 1, 2011, 12:12:36 am »
Iain Dowie is out of work, will that do you?
Yeah, for sure.  A couple of seasons ago he was here as Shearers right hand man and down we went.  I am sure he could manage that with Sunderland all on his own haha.   The posh talking twat!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #155 on: December 1, 2011, 12:15:40 am »
Yeah, for sure.  A couple of seasons ago he was here as Shearers right hand man and down we went.  I am sure he could manage that with Sunderland all on his own haha.   The posh talking twat!

I forgot about that :)
Do you thinnk your neighbours could tempt Chris Coleman back from Greece?

Offline El Campeador

• Capital of Culture's Campaign Manager...Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The shupporters create chances, for sure, djes
« Reply #156 on: December 1, 2011, 12:39:45 am »

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #157 on: December 1, 2011, 12:50:42 am »
bob bradley is now being linked. he's been give special permission to commute from washington every day, fully an hour away.
:lmao
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
« Reply #158 on: December 1, 2011, 01:06:49 am »
Louise Taylor, the Guardian's North East football reporter, has an excellent article about Bruce's departure
Top article, Louise Taylor's quality. The female sports writers on that paper (her and Hyde mainly) rip the piss out of most of the men, bar David Conn. Anyway, the bit about his win rate being worse at Sunderland was very interesting, given the vastly improved resources he had to work with. Another one like Hodgson who has skills which can be useful at a lower level - IE sticking to one tactical plan and some decent motivation skills perhaps - but who is horribly lacking in, as she says, all those other things that a modern manager either needs to know himself or be able to delegate well.

You'll rarely see a more deserved sacking, a decent manager with a long term plan could do really well there. Martinez would be an interesting shout, apart from the others already mentioned.
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #159 on: December 1, 2011, 02:03:55 am »
Iain Dowie would be brilliant! :lmao

You just know that Martin O'Neill, the media darling, will get it.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.