Author Topic: Gerrard  (Read 135965 times)

Offline redtel

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sir Roger-Scored first goal ever on MOTD.
Re: Gerrard
« Reply #720 on: December 16, 2011, 10:14:57 am »
My heart sinks when I see he's in the UAE checking in with his old mate and GP "Doc Waller".

No doubt Brukner is keeping a close eye on things and ensuring his predecessor ("the club needed to upgrade in this area") doesn't interfere with Gerrard's programme.efore breaking down.

I know what you mean about Waller but the current team didn't cover themselves in glory when an obviously tired Lucas was sent back onto the pitch at SB before breaking down. I still can't get my head around it.
We are definitely believers and we’ve won the fucking lot!

Offline didi

• A complete Klopp out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #721 on: December 16, 2011, 10:16:42 am »
Cant wait to see him partner Luis...

I know...wait and see though Luis will be given a 6 game ban just as Stevie comes back

Offline Ravenite

• Main Stander
  • Pride
« Reply #722 on: December 16, 2011, 11:40:12 am »
So; I was fast asleep this Friday Morning ( our weekends are Friday Saturday here in the U.A.E.) recovering from a little too much grey goose and an intense Fifa 12 session from the night before.

I woke up at noon to find 7 missed calls from one of my friends, I thought something had gone terribly wrong.

Instead; she called to tell me to rush to Al Jazira Club as Gerrard was training and the doors were open to the training fields. I literally sprinted out of the house got in my car and was at the club within 4 minutes.

I arrived towards the end of his session where he was undergoing some shooting practice with who appeared to be one of LFC's physios. (I've seen his face on our bench in all our games this season).

There were about 6-7 fans as his training was not publicized.

Gerrard is slim, very very lean and ripped. He said he was fit, ready and feeling good when we asked. He also told us that he has one more session tomorrow and that he is due to fly back tomorrow night. He was very friendly, funny and accommodating.

He mentioned that the warm climate here was helping him in his recovery as well; and that he wanted to train in peace without the media fan-fare.

I have posted a picture I took with him (mind my end of week beard and bed hair as I literally rushed out of bed to meet him).

Xbox One: McCare

Offline edge

• hill, getting off at...with a dijk still hard...
  • Legacy Fan
  • allright, then..
« Reply #723 on: December 16, 2011, 11:42:31 am »
So; I was fast asleep this Friday Morning ( our weekends are Friday Saturday here in the U.A.E.) recovering from a little too much grey goose and an intense Fifa 12 session from the night before.

I woke up at noon to find 7 missed calls from one of my friends, I thought something had gone terribly wrong.

Instead; she called to tell me to rush to Al Jazira Club as Gerrard was training and the doors were open to the training fields. I literally sprinted out of the house got in my car and was at the club within 4 minutes.

I arrived towards the end of his session where he was undergoing some shooting practice with who appeared to be one of LFC's physios. (I've seen his face on our bench in all our games this season).

Gerrard is slim, very very lean and ripped. He said he was fit, ready and feeling good when we asked. He also told us that he has one more session tomorrow and that he is due to fly back tomorrow night. He was very friendly, funny and accommodating.

He mentioned that the warm climate here was helping him in his recovery as well; and that he wanted to train in peace without the media fan-fare.

I have posted a picture I took with him (mind my end of week beard and bed hair as I literally rushed out of bed to meet him).

Cool story, great to hear. Looking forward to seeing him back! ;D

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #724 on: December 16, 2011, 11:46:51 am »
Good to know he is recovering well. We certainly need the captain back at his best.

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #725 on: December 16, 2011, 11:56:47 am »

That's a cracking story! Lets hope he comes back and we see him at his best!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline Shepnois

• Legacy Fan
  • Livin' in the Sunshine, Lovin' in the Moonlight
« Reply #726 on: December 16, 2011, 11:57:58 am »
Great story mate, nice to meet Stevie in such relaxed circumstances. Good to hear he's recovering well. Hopefully he can stay fit once he gets back, we're really missing his goal threat.

Offline Moldyman

• Heart and soul, one will burn.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #727 on: December 16, 2011, 11:59:32 am »
Nice one Ravenite.

Offline vitch

• Kopite
  • Pikine Guinaw Rail
« Reply #728 on: December 16, 2011, 12:02:22 pm »
Thanks a lot!

He also told us that he has one more session tomorrow and that he is due to fly back tomorrow night.

On the bench Sunday? Would be crazy...

Fergies so purple i had to turn down the contrast on the tv.

Offline Adam_LFC

• Boring.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #729 on: December 16, 2011, 12:18:08 pm »
Thanks a lot!

I doubt it, Kenny will probably want a week of full training at least.

Can't wait though!

Offline wz4jc3

• Legacy Fan
  • 'You'll Never Walk Alone.'
    • Teach Maths
« Reply #730 on: December 16, 2011, 12:23:38 pm »
If we can get him fit for a sustained period of time, he would make a massive difference to our team! Fingers crossed!

Offline adwhite40

• Legacy Fan
  • And Could He Play!
« Reply #731 on: December 16, 2011, 12:26:21 pm »
Thanks a lot!

Kenny wont rush him back! He will wait til he is fully fit and I think he will need some training with the team first!
"Above all, I would like to be remembered as a man who was selfless, who strove and worried so that others could share the glory, and who built up a family of people who could hold their heads up high and say... WE ARE LIVERPOOL." - Bill Shankly

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #732 on: December 16, 2011, 12:33:20 pm »

Nice one mate. Interesting to hear that he's doing shooting practice already! Did he say anything about the infection he had? How serious it was, any possibilities of it flaring up again, etc?
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Ravenite

• Main Stander
  • Pride
« Reply #733 on: December 16, 2011, 12:46:34 pm »
We asked about the Villa game but he said that he doubts that he will play a part in it. We didn't bother asking him about his injury as we were a little star-struck to be honest.

I do have to say, keeping in mind that I am perfectly straight, Gerrard is a very good looking man. Much better looking than how he comes across on television or in pictures. Thought he would be taller though. :P
Xbox One: McCare

Offline lukas

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #734 on: December 16, 2011, 12:53:34 pm »
The goal against Marseille was just out of this world. Tyldsley was it said on the commentary ' only Steven Gerrard can do that ' and without exaggeration he is right. No other player could of scored a goal like that, the technique, execution and vision is just unreal.

Ill second that. Best goal he has scored for us in my opinion for the reasons above!
PSN:lr3487

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #735 on: December 16, 2011, 12:56:53 pm »
Any excuse to re-post this.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mUcgK_4J26Q?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mUcgK_4J26Q?fs=1</a>

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #736 on: December 16, 2011, 01:19:47 pm »

Nice one :)

Offline dnkw

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #737 on: December 16, 2011, 01:43:06 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mUcgK_4J26Q?fs=1" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/mUcgK_4J26Q?fs=1</a>

Apart from anything else, I'd forgotton how awesome his (early) crossing can be.

Offline m4Rco

• Kopite
  • wat
« Reply #738 on: December 16, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »

The perfect midfielder. Just lovely.
#8 Steven Gerrard
There was no miracle in Istanbul. It was just a man inspiring other men to victory. A man with whom you'll never walk alone.

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #739 on: December 16, 2011, 02:35:22 pm »

Is why I love RAWK!

Cheers for posting up, all sounds positive so far!

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #740 on: December 16, 2011, 02:49:00 pm »
nice one Ravenite

Gerrard's looking a bit different. younger and leaner

i note ravenite said he is looking ripped

i did notice that in another pic alright, his arms are huge. maybe they always were, you cant really see them in a regular football shirt
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #741 on: December 16, 2011, 03:11:56 pm »
Can't wait to see him back. Special, special player.

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #742 on: December 16, 2011, 03:12:41 pm »
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #743 on: December 16, 2011, 03:18:49 pm »
Ill second that. Best goal he has scored for us in my opinion for the reasons above!

The Marsielle goal was quality but for me his best goal was the half volley from miles out against Middlesbrough
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #744 on: December 16, 2011, 03:21:29 pm »
The Marsielle goal was quality but for me his best goal was the half volley from miles out against Middlesbrough
West ham in 2006 in injury time. no question

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #745 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:18 pm »
The above few posts sum Gerrard up for me. Three truly special goals being debated as his best ever, and yet there's so many more. I can't think of any other player who has scored as many spectacular goals as he has.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline MiserableP15

• Liable to get overexcited at the site of opposition goalie's rear
  • Legacy Fan
  • Certified thread killer - Best on the web.
« Reply #746 on: December 16, 2011, 03:23:49 pm »

The great thing about that discussion is that it's so subjective. Do you mean best in terms of the goal itself, or best when you combine it with where it comes in the standing of the game?

For me his best goals have been the ones that really mattered.
1. v West Ham
2. v Milan
3. v Olympiakos

The great thing is, not a single one of them is a tap in.
"So Bierhoff’s got a short time to press his claims, now that the other two strikers who started the match have both been taken off……Kuntz."

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #747 on: December 16, 2011, 03:24:44 pm »
That strike vs Boro stands out for me.

Insane goal.

Offline jboy14

• Kopite
« Reply #748 on: December 16, 2011, 03:25:11 pm »
West ham in 2006 in injury time. no question

Your right, that goal against West Ham was awesome.
Of all the unimportant things in life, football is the most important.

Offline BigAl24

• Would rather take one from the whole team than from just one billy goat.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #749 on: December 16, 2011, 03:29:01 pm »
A bit left field here, but the free kick v Newcastle at St James.
"We change from doubters to believers. Now"

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #750 on: December 16, 2011, 03:31:04 pm »
Has to be Marseille for me, it really is something only Steven Gerrard can do. He scored a very good one from inside the box against Arsenal (I think) too.

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #751 on: December 16, 2011, 03:33:53 pm »
Your right, that goal against West Ham was awesome.
i scored one similar down the 5 a side in january and i couldnt stop thinking of the west ham game when it happened

my god how did he do that cramp and all with the time that was in it. fuck me.

he couldnt have put it anywhere else.

im too young to have witnessed Dalglish so since I have followed the club Gerrard is the best Lfc player I have ever seen.

and yet i still take this guy for granted. but every goal he scores i remember how lucky we are to have him

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #752 on: December 16, 2011, 03:35:16 pm »
Would love to see Gerrard take the position just behind Luis as that's where he could create zillions of chances and open up defence. There's Hendo who could be used as box to box and Charlie as a creative player in the middle of the park.

The most awaited picture at LFC, the return of Stevie, more than the January transfer window to be honest.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #753 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:07 pm »
and yet i still take this guy for granted. but every goal he scores i remember how lucky we are to have him

with the incredible number of assists and the quality of them all, makes him priceless.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #754 on: December 16, 2011, 03:38:56 pm »
Stevie looks as himself back in 2005..

can´t wait for him to be back, let´s hope for long time!

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #755 on: December 16, 2011, 03:42:03 pm »
with the incredible number of assists and the quality of them all, makes him priceless.
nailed on

Online RichardM

• should be revising rather than whining on here
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #756 on: December 16, 2011, 03:42:39 pm »
I had Man City submit 12 offers for him on Fifa, after rejecting £38,000,000 they decided to give up. Stevie's priceless.

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #757 on: December 16, 2011, 04:08:50 pm »
Has to be Marseille for me, it really is something only Steven Gerrard can do. He scored a very good one from inside the box against Arsenal (I think) too.

Bergkamp is the only other player I've seen who might have had the technique to hit that Marseilles goal. Bergkamp and Gerrard are the 2 most technically jawdropping players I've ever seen. Ridiculously stupidly good. Watch and rewatch some of their best stuff a dozen times, and you still don't see what's coming, let alone imagining it in realtime and actually executing it. I've seen the Marseilles goal god knows how many times, and I'll still maintain that it's physically impossible to do that.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #758 on: December 16, 2011, 04:10:58 pm »
Bergkamp is the only other player I've seen who might have had the technique to hit that Marseilles goal. Bergkamp and Gerrard are the 2 most technically jawdropping players I've ever seen. Ridiculously stupidly good. Watch and rewatch some of their best stuff a dozen times, and you still don't see what's coming, let alone imagining it in realtime and actually executing it. I've seen the Marseilles goal god knows how many times, and I'll still maintain that it's physically impossible to do that.
xabi alonso scored one like that against watford in 06

its not impossible

just like crossing to the back post only top corner is replaced by back post

wonderful if you can do it

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #759 on: December 16, 2011, 04:16:30 pm »
xabi alonso scored one like that against watford in 06

its not impossible

just like crossing to the back post only top corner is replaced by back post

wonderful if you can do it

That's just a normal-ish hard hit sidefoot. The thing about Gerrard's goal against Marseilles was the ball was behind his centre of gravity, so he had to drag it from behind him. As far as I know it's physically impossible to do that, at least in my experience. Just about everything Alonso has done is to an exceptionally high level, but it's at least conceivable. Gerrard regularly does the inconceivable.
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258