Author Topic: Warrior Kit 2012/2013  (Read 391255 times)

Offline andrew1978

• Kopite
  • The Truth we all knew now known by all. RIP 96
Warrior Kit 2012/2013
« on: October 28, 2011, 12:16:48 am »
Mods feel free to move. All other kits topics locked.

I work as an account manager for a large sports brand. Whilst meeting with a big sports chain today the topic of our shirt for next season came up. The buyers have all seen the samples. He tells me that the home shirt is really cool. Classic, plain red with just the Liverbird crest and no shield, Shankly gates etc. He cannot remember if eternal flame is on it but he does remember it in the back of the neck.

He did comment on quality not being great but that could be just the sales sample production. The other critism he had was that there is not a large range of other apparel items yet. They sell alot of Adi hoodies, tees etc so that has him concerned.

He sais that the brand are quite mad so to expect bizare away and third shirts. He mentioned purple as a possible third shirt. As he explained it to me if Nike were Coca Cola, Adi were Pepsi Warrior would be Red Bull. They market aggressively and they see us as the start of a large expansion into european football. They are working on otherproducts such as boots and keeper gloves as well.

Where once we watched King Kenny Play.....And Could He Play

Offline rick287

• Anny Roader
  • SPQR
Re: Warrior Kit 2012/2013
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2011, 12:23:20 am »
I love purple. Not sure an LFC kit would work in it, but I'm waiting to be amazed.

I hope one of the bizarre away or 3rd shirts have tassels coming down from the sleeve, in the manner of:

That'd show 'em!
Rick

Offline Strummer77

• Legacy Fan
  • @AlexDavis90
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2011, 12:23:24 am »
Interesting... Like the sound of the badge. Hope there's some leaked pictures soon!

Offline 1021

• AD MXXI
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2011, 12:37:18 am »
Very pleased to here that they might be reverting to a more traditional badge.
I got the Lucas thing wrong. Will be right on Henderson though. Play him RM, play him CM - Not good enough and never will be.

Offline David Healy...

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2011, 12:39:23 am »
Home shirt sounds promising, less is more in my book.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2011, 12:41:26 am »
Very pleased to here that they might be reverting to a more traditional badge.
That I'm all for, but why using Fiorentina's home shirt as a third kit?!...
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline jaygraham

• Fiction is not the same as FACT
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2011, 12:43:48 am »
Interesting update, thanks.
It's awfully considerate of you to think of me here/ and i'm most obliged to you for making it clear/ that i'm not here

Offline AlexanderKruseBerg

• Main Stander
    • Luis Suarez skills!
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2011, 01:02:44 am »
I'm really looking forward to get rid off Adidas. I hope they go for a plain type, something like what Umbro does for Man City, England and Everton.
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2011, 01:08:39 am »
He did comment on quality not being great but that could be just the sales sample production. The other critism he had was that there is not a large range of other apparel items yet. They sell alot of Adi hoodies, tees etc so that has him concerned.

Don't the club do a lot of the other things themselves anyways? The club make their own polo shirts and stuff, not Adidas (think it's always these things that LeBron James ends up in rather than the match day shirt).
"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2011, 01:08:41 am »
If the home top is as boss as it sounds, I'm not that bothered if they jazz up the away kits. 

I'd say that they would quickly learn their lesson in sales volume... but then again plenty of people have bought that white and blue Marseille away kit...
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline RedAtHeart

• Kopite
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2011, 01:25:15 am »
Thanks alot for the update, much appreciated. Really excited about this change, but like you said, there are still so many questions in regards to them being brand new in this game. Will probably be quite a few bumps in the road, but lets hope for the best :)
Boom

Offline AlexanderKruseBerg

• Main Stander
    • Luis Suarez skills!
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2011, 01:32:38 am »

I don't know if it's fake, but it looks good imo.
brclausen Birger Clausen
According to Danish Channel 6. After the game Agger offered Fedinand to meet outside after the game for a little 'fight'

Offline -Q-

• What's the Q for? The workhouse for the poor and the gallows for the left.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2011, 01:41:59 am »
probably fake, but bottom right, Vibram as inspiration? I'd love some Vibram fivefingers footy boots! ;D
Welcome to Liverpool Brendan Rodgers
Quote from: Brendan Rodgers
Liverpool Football Club is the heartland of football folklore...     Liverpool are one of the dynasties of the game...     I will fight for my life for the supporters and the people of this city

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2011, 01:45:31 am »
Really like the sound of the home shirt. A classic and simpler crest is always better.

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2011, 02:05:03 am »
Design Manager: "The blasted French"... :lmao
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2011, 02:42:06 am »
I quite like Adidas stuff, so will be sorry to see them go, to be honest.

Adidas are one of the biggest sportswear producers, worldwide, and even they've had a number of  problems with production issues, that in recent yaers meant that people were crying out for items, that were either never in stock, or not produced in various sizes in sufficient quantity.

Warrior: Even for all of the oodles of dollars they're paying us, I'll reserve judgement on them as a company, and as a brand, until I see what they design and produce, plus how good their marketing and production is, to get products onto the shelf.

If we are their first major tie up in Europe/European football, then I bet you they'll have a shit load of production issues, and teething problems.

For those of you loving this, I'd just like to say.   Be carefull what you wish for. You just might regret it.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2011, 02:48:03 am »
Has the club actually confirmed the Warrior deal? I remember seeing some talk about it in the papers but I never saw anything about the deal on the official website.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2011, 02:51:03 am »
Warrior will be using another "name" supplier for casual leisure wear to private label for them.

The clubs shops won't go empty. ;)
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2011, 03:04:45 am »
Warrior will be using another "name" supplier for casual leisure wear to private label for them.

The clubs shops won't go empty. ;)
I didn't say they'd go empty, I'm just pointing out that in Europe, Warrior are minno's comapred to Adidas. Yet Adidas themselves had many problems getting specific products into the LFC stores, both geographically, and on line.

With the European supply network Adidas have, do you think that Warrior are going to do it better, or even as good? - in the initial roll out.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 03:07:00 am by Big Red Richie »

Offline Johnathan

• definitely a real fan...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2011, 03:33:42 am »

Don't tease us like this.
See him touch Pepe's cock with his mouth :D

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2011, 03:34:51 am »
thanks for the update.  it's going to be interesting to see what they finally come up with.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2011, 05:21:53 am »

what does that mean mate ? Are you a Garmento / in the rag trade ?

Offline Buzby

• Main Stander
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2011, 05:41:14 am »
Classic, plain red with just the Liverbird crest and no shield, Shankly gates etc. He cannot remember if eternal flame is on it but he does remember it in the back of the neck.

I thought one of the reasons for the "extras" on the badge was for copyright / trademark reasons?
"If the supporters like me, then it's only half as much as I like them." - K. Dalglish

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2011, 07:24:53 am »
Purple  :o
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2011, 07:33:30 am »
YES!

I've stated several times in some of the kit threads that I would love a purple kit. Better be true.

Offline Surprise me.

• Is 2" bigger than fordy87.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Formerly El Torres.
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 07:38:43 am »
It's a shame the sponsor will ruin any idea of a plain, simply red shirt. Having a minimalistic shirt is a good idea. Liverbird, Warrior logo and the sponsor. Hopefully make it so the sponsor isn't the focal point of the shirt as it might happen with a minimal shirt with barely anything on. Has to be a certain size though doesn't it? So we might see a simply shirt with the sponsor being the thing that stands out.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 07:54:33 am »
Some remarks have been mentioned in the "badge" thread previously.

As i said there, many of you will like the home kit, but the other stuff....horrible. Imho.

Offline red annie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2011, 07:59:48 am »
I didn't say they'd go empty, I'm just pointing out that in Europe, Warrior are minno's comapred to Adidas. Yet Adidas themselves had many problems getting specific products into the LFC stores, both geographically, and on line.

With the European supply network Adidas have, do you think that Warrior are going to do it better, or even as good? - in the initial roll out.

I was always under the impression that poor stock levels were more to do with our inept management than a lack of supply from Adidas. Before Iain Ayre came along that side of things was pretty poor.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2011, 08:00:54 am »

I don't know if it's fake, but it looks good imo.

The designer appears to be Rick Astley?...
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2011, 08:03:51 am »
This season's problems were caused by Nike from what i was told. Nike bought over production time from the factory(s) which produce for both brands. Nike's kits were launched earlier than usual this season, whereas adidas' were pretty much delayed. The other stuff like training kits and polos were either delayed  or not even produced.

Warrior is already changing some of the logistical procedures that do not go down well with most of the distributors/retailers. I can't say in specific terms but it will be a steep learning curve.

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2011, 08:04:53 am »

Haha... not to worry there. THe home kit looks far better. Nothing close to the picture.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: October 28, 2011, 08:07:21 am »
Haha... not to worry there. THe home kit looks far better. Nothing close to the picture.

Have you got over that Warrior could be our kit markers next season and not Adidas? 

Offline Lawnmowerman

• Got married to Pique in April. Shakira isn't happy.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #32 on: October 28, 2011, 08:07:36 am »
AlexanderKrusebergs been Rickrolled

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #33 on: October 28, 2011, 08:11:32 am »
Have you got over that Warrior could be our kit markers next season and not Adidas? 

not really to be honest. I am not sure what you are trying to drive at , if being cynical at all. Vaguely remember someone some time ago saying i am against it because i would lose some insider info shite or something like that. Had a laugh.

if you have seen the stuff that is going to come out from Warrior, and some of the changes they are making to the logistical aspects, its definitely a cause of worry.

Offline richiedouglas

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • You feed beefburgers to swans!
« Reply #34 on: October 28, 2011, 08:12:16 am »
Purple kit for purple bin!

Won't they run their leisure wear through New Balance who are part of the same company?

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #35 on: October 28, 2011, 08:13:13 am »
Its not just the colours.

Offline Danyaals Kop

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #36 on: October 28, 2011, 08:21:51 am »
I like the sound of the new badge.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 28, 2011, 08:24:33 am »
not really to be honest. I am not sure what you are trying to drive at , if being cynical at all. Vaguely remember someone some time ago saying i am against it because i would lose some insider info shite or something like that. Had a laugh.

if you have seen the stuff that is going to come out from Warrior, and some of the changes they are making to the logistical aspects, its definitely a cause of worry.

Not driving at anything, mate.

Just remember you having a paddy fit cause the club was getting a better deal from a kit maker and I wanted to see if you had got over it yet.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2011, 08:31:38 am »
Interesting read from the OP - I like Red Bull's wacky approaches and "extreme" sort of attitude so if he compares it to that I kinda see it as a positive.

Love purple, not sure on a football kit for us but looked great on the Schalke kit!!

Looking forward to this!

ONE POINT I am worried about is sponsor position, I hope it stays same as is now and near middle of shirt, some teams these days (looking at your Fulham) and their kit makers put the sponsor right up the shirt just below the badge, look ridiculous!!!
« Last Edit: October 28, 2011, 08:37:38 am by PhilV »

Offline nocturnalvin

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice For The 96.
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2011, 08:33:10 am »
Not driving at anything, mate.

Just remember you having a paddy fit cause the club was getting a better deal from a kit maker and I wanted to see if you had got over it yet.

i honestly think they will have problem recouping the sponsorship amount.
The merchandise sell-thru directly and indirectly affects the club.