Author Topic: Liverpool 0-0 Man United: Half-time...  (Read 206479 times)

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Re: Liverpool v Manchester United 15th October 12:45
« Reply #360 on: October 5, 2011, 07:41:43 pm »
COME ON REDMEN!!
Can't beleive I am nervous about this 10 days before kick off. I reckon this will be the start of them unravelling. Their defence is shit - being masked by good attacking play. Dominate the game, win the midfield (welcome back to the starting line up Stevie!), take our chances, beat them and let City eat off the dead carcass the following week while we beat Norwich to go equal on points!!
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline csgreen

• Going through RAWK like a dose of Verucca Salts
  • Anny Roader
  • Chairman Mao has never seen a greater show of red.
« Reply #361 on: October 5, 2011, 07:53:49 pm »
I demand a W.

Here you go - I'm not sure why you'd want one though...

Offline steve10

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #362 on: October 5, 2011, 07:57:46 pm »
This is going to be a high scoring game- neither of the defences are water-tight. Lets hope the ref doesnt spoil it with a red card. There is no way we should be playing for a draw- if we want a top4 place we should be winning all our home games -immaterial of the opposition. 

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #363 on: October 5, 2011, 08:18:38 pm »
Here you go - I'm not sure why you'd want one though...

Definite winner right there. Back to back actually (+ a war).
Meh...

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #364 on: October 5, 2011, 08:26:52 pm »
Cant believe people who would take a draw at home verses the Mancs :o

Im confident we will absolutely bully them in the first half, as we have been doing to teams all season. I just worry about keeping it going for the full 90 mins, worryingly we seem to dip in and out of form for long periods of time during games and let the opposition get back into it.
well dont worry!
big crowd will carry us over the line....we will drain every ounce of energy out of them...just like fergie said we do...!!
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline Speedy Gonzalez

• is really rather very slow actually
  • Kopite
  • El Pistolero
« Reply #365 on: October 5, 2011, 08:45:46 pm »
I am hoping for the same performance we had last year when we pummeled them 3-1 :D
★★★★★ Kings of Europe ★★★★★

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #366 on: October 5, 2011, 08:49:59 pm »
if we want a top4 place we should be winning all our home games -immaterial of the opposition. 

We'll be challenging for the title if we somehow manage that mate.

Offline Nugget-8

• Main Stander
  • Lucas does jobs.
« Reply #367 on: October 5, 2011, 08:51:56 pm »
I am hoping for the same performance we had last year when we pummeled them 3-1 :D

Yep, when we put them under the sort of pressure we did last season they can't live with us

Offline redforlife

• For future reference an equals sign looks like this: =
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We Are Liverpool
« Reply #368 on: October 5, 2011, 09:03:32 pm »
I'm pretty confident for this, probably too confident

Teams have shown that if you go at United, press them, get in their faces, don't stand back respecting them, then you can get chances and get something out of the game, and I reckon Kenny will have us set up to do exactly that.
Didi Hamann

In the corridors and changing rooms of Anfield I met many people - the great, the talented, the legendary.  I know that I only met one genius.  He was a small, smiling man with a neatly clipped beard.  His name was Rafael Benitez.

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #369 on: October 5, 2011, 09:45:56 pm »
United have looked vulnerable all season, with teams creating loads of chances against them. Arsenal even in conceding 8 should have scored 5 themselves. Chelsea basically pummelled them, but were let down by the officials (2 offside goals), even Norwich cut them open regularly. Even FC Basle showed them up to be the overrated shite that they are.
Have a go at them and they crumble; Anderson is a fat fucker, about as mobile as Arthur Mullard, Ashley Young is hot and cold, and defensively they are all over the place, with a doughnut pinching nervous goalkeeper.
I think Suarez will be unstoppable.
LFC 3 Man United 0.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #370 on: October 6, 2011, 01:08:49 am »
Why are we so confident all of a sudden?

Offline Gus 1855

• GusMcLean is a direct descendent of wee Jimmy the Jock McSporran, son of Ally McLeod, voted best Flower of Scotland performer 2003. Changed name in hope of attracting Bridesmaid but he's still Scottish as a Glaswegian deep fried Haggis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: October 6, 2011, 01:11:57 am »
Stevie is surely a shoe in to start this one?

Aside from him, Lucas, Enrique and Carra, the other outfield positions are wide open. Thoroughly enjoying our new found depth.
It looks to me as if we have signed another 'average' player. I'll hold back my complete opinion until I see the lad play

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #372 on: October 6, 2011, 01:13:08 am »
Drugs.

Drugs, blind faith and the fact I haven't cut my toe nails since the last time we were beaten by them. It's karma man.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Something Awful

• is stinking out the feedback forum. Wants a blow job from a velociraptor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #373 on: October 6, 2011, 01:14:11 am »

We usually fuck the Mancs up at Anfield. It's this weird phenomenon called "playing to beat Manchester United" that sometimes leads to teams beating them. Doesn't happen with teams beneath the top four or so usually.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #374 on: October 6, 2011, 01:17:25 am »

Because the last time they played at Anfield we twatted them 3-1?

Offline El_Pistolero

• Has authorised the people of Newcastle to serial fellate him in a modern day Annabel Chong style nosh-a-thon.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #375 on: October 6, 2011, 01:32:13 am »

Because this is Manchester United we're playing. At Anfield. It's usually the shite(r) teams we do worse against. And the fact we gave them a twatting last time they turned up at Anfield.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #376 on: October 6, 2011, 01:38:00 am »
Because the last time they played at Anfield we twatted them 3-1?

They also won the league. Wait Cleverly is out for this one, should be easy.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #377 on: October 6, 2011, 01:43:00 am »
They also won the league. Wait Cleverly is out for this one, should be easy.

They win the league by battering teams that are scared of them. We're not. And when teams are scared of us, we'll be running them a lot closer.
'Despite their  cup pedigree - since they've returned to the top flight in 1962 - Everton have, after today's results, once again gone further in the FA Cup than their much vaunted neighbours. For the record it's Everton 23 Liverpool 22  and 7 ties in 52 seasons'

Offline chazza36

• Main Stander
« Reply #378 on: October 6, 2011, 01:54:17 am »
Are Ferdinand and Vidic going to play, if not, could get ugly for Evans and Jones. If anyone saw the Norwich highlights they looked horrible
"One of the things I keep reminding players is that when you're lost in a fog, you must stick together. Then you don't get lost. If there's a secret about Liverpool, that's it."

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #379 on: October 6, 2011, 02:01:22 am »
They win the league by battering teams that are scared of them. We're not. And when teams are scared of us, we'll be running them a lot closer.

I want some of those drugs. The kind that make me think titles are decided by what other teams think of you. Actually we should just do the dance New Zeland does before their Rugby matches that would give us atleast a two goal per game advantage.

Offline Matt8Pie

• Boris Johnson's speech writer. Seeks vindication for slating players, the very definition of "supporter". Still doesn't get it.
  • Legacy Fan
  • YANKS OUT
« Reply #380 on: October 6, 2011, 02:01:35 am »
Are Ferdinand and Vidic going to play, if not, could get ugly for Evans and Jones. If anyone saw the Norwich highlights they looked horrible

I'm sure we'll be seeing a few Ledley King-esque inclusions.
http://www.twitter.com/matt8pie
Most people in this world are tits. The fact they have an allegiance with Liverpool Football Club doesn't change that.

Offline Something Awful

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice
« Reply #381 on: October 6, 2011, 02:10:09 am »
I want some of those drugs. The kind that make me think titles are decided by what other teams think of you. Actually we should just do the dance New Zeland does before their Rugby matches that would give us atleast a two goal per game advantage.

I feel like English is probably your second language. United have earned that fear, but it's still a huge reason for their success.

Offline Lille Camille

• richardless
  • Kopite
« Reply #382 on: October 6, 2011, 02:30:40 am »
I feel like English is probably your second language. United have earned that fear, but it's still a huge reason for their success.

Come on you can't actually believe that. I wasn't around during our glory days, but I can guarantee these days happened because we were a class above everyone else not because other teams feared us.

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #383 on: October 6, 2011, 03:13:24 am »
Come on you can't actually believe that. I wasn't around during our glory days, but I can guarantee these days happened because we were a class above everyone else not because other teams feared us.

Think again. A combination of talent (mostly), but mainly 'cos teams were shit scared before they even reached the "This is Anfield" sign. Funnily enough, Utd didn't fear us and they did well against us in the '80s despite being utter cack.
We are Liverpool!

Offline andspecks

• avers would probably help my analysis
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #384 on: October 6, 2011, 03:18:52 am »
We haven't lost to them at home for a while now have we?

Offline iamrobk

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: October 6, 2011, 04:02:11 am »
I admit, I looked at Red Cafe because I was curious myself of their injury situation.  They seem to think Rio is pretty likely, but Vidic is 50/50

Offline downtown

• abbewy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for Sarina
« Reply #386 on: October 6, 2011, 05:40:12 am »
We haven't lost to them at home for a while now have we?

Tevez winner in December 2007.

I'd usually be very confident, but we have stopped pressing oppositions for some reason...against Mancs, you must press them and don't allow their Wingers much time on the ball or they'll punish you

Offline lovestospooge

• Anny Roader
« Reply #387 on: October 6, 2011, 06:19:14 am »
Tevez winner in December 2007.

I'd usually be very confident, but we have stopped pressing oppositions for some reason...against Mancs, you must press them and don't allow their Wingers much time on the ball or they'll punish you

yep. all of our victories against them in recent times have one common factor: we out-fought them from the first whistle to the last.

Offline caspertheghost

• Legacy Fan
  • When I want your opinion, I'll give it to you
« Reply #388 on: October 6, 2011, 10:19:00 am »
hopefully Johnson and Agger will be fit and start the game with Gerrard. My team
Reina
Johnson
Carra
Agger
Enrique
Kuyt
Gerrard
Lucas
Downing
Suarez
Bellamy

you feeling alright? you have Lucas in the squad?
What kind of work gets you the nickname Casper the ghost?

Offline LondonRedMan

• wants to donate to RAWk because a kindly mod took away his nasty CT.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Don't buy the S*n
« Reply #389 on: October 6, 2011, 10:45:02 am »
Wellbeck and Rooney will play for England... possibly tired and/or injured to balance out Suarez's international exertions.

Offline Discipline

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #390 on: October 6, 2011, 10:48:31 am »
you feeling alright? you have Lucas in the squad?

What's wrong with Lucas being in the squad?  ???
Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn't matter which color does the hating. It's just plain wrong.

Muhammad Ali

Offline markthescouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: October 6, 2011, 10:56:03 am »

Mate that is spot on. The mindset that teams go into games with is half the battle, obviously having decent players to back that mindset up is rather crucial too. It's a vicious circle as the more they win, the more everyone bums them, the more teams believe they're going to get battered so the more they end up getting battered.

The other year when we finished second to them demonstrates this pretty well. When teams went to United they shat themselves and lost but when they came to us they'd seen similar teams walk away with a point and so believed that they could do the same, and did.

There was a thread on here comparing and ranking the top teams quality in different areas of the pitch and given the choice, I wouldn't swap our set of players for there's- just how we're viewed by people outside of the club.

2-1 Suarez and Bellamy.

Offline **** The Pain Away.

• the cat who went all Yusuf Islam
  • Kopite
  • "We are the real people's club."
« Reply #392 on: October 6, 2011, 11:07:00 am »
With the amount of people on here that would settle for a draw, I'd say we're somewhat scared of them.
Meh...

Offline Wee Red Steve

• Anny Roader
  • I wish Robbie Fowler was my dad!
« Reply #393 on: October 6, 2011, 11:10:06 am »
I wonder who the ref will be.

Im sure fucking taggart is praying for that bald shite Webb, anybody but his will do for me
Oh! Liked what she saw? Dug my action did she!? Checkin out the Chan Chan Man!!

Chandler Bing

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: October 6, 2011, 11:10:42 am »
With the amount of people on here that would settle for a draw, I'd say we're somewhat scared of them.

I hope people inside the club don't feel the same. We've beaten them the last three times at Anfield.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline horne

• y
  • Legacy Fan
  • through a storm
« Reply #395 on: October 6, 2011, 11:15:50 am »
Mate that is spot on. The mindset that teams go into games with is half the battle, obviously having decent players to back that mindset up is rather crucial too. It's a vicious circle as the more they win, the more everyone bums them, the more teams believe they're going to get battered so the more they end up getting battered.

The other year when we finished second to them demonstrates this pretty well. When teams went to United they shat themselves and lost but when they came to us they'd seen similar teams walk away with a point and so believed that they could do the same, and did.

There was a thread on here comparing and ranking the top teams quality in different areas of the pitch and given the choice, I wouldn't swap our set of players for there's- just how we're viewed by people outside of the club.

2-1 Suarez and Bellamy.
spot on mate...been banging the ol psychological drum for ages ...because that is the last 5% that makes the difference between 1st and 2nd
shanks was the master of mind games...the bobby charlton story at anfield and the badge on the way out of the tunnel are just two examples of it.
the way he made his players think they were gods,the way he made us fans think we were speacial...he made us speacial by the mere suggestion of it...
beckenbauer suggested that england looked tired before a crucial world cup game against england....we played badly and looked tired....(it turns out that on post match analysis,the germans had played far more games than our lads and thus,should have shown more fatigue.he cleverley 'suggested' that their lads were younger....classic case of when in a game of 'younger /fitter v older/more experienced...he won out because of who he was ,our lads absorbed the suggestion because it was beckenbauer saying it...amzing how it works really....but it does)
If a man you look upto and has a record to back it up suggests something....you just take it on board without any critical analysis of it maybe being wrong,why....because you assume he knows more than you...because hes a legend he knows his stuff....when in actual fact,he sneakily wanted a particular outcome....it is the essence of hypnosis....its sticks in your subconscious and you dont even know its there....it only works if youre not aware of it...once you suss him out....his strategy is limp.

kenny is onto Mr Alex Ferguson and his so called mind games.....its turned full circle....i am convinced his own players will have more of an apreciation of kenny than Mr Alex Ferguson because hes younger,in the now and has a much bigger charisma.
Mr Alex Ferguson has a record,but hes a c*nt...no one likes him,whearas kenny has both charisma and nouse,plus hes a top player of his generation....stick them at opposite ends of a bar and i will bet yer the manc players would much prefer to stand and drink with kenny ....every time....kenny is a winner
whenever that threat has arrived upto now,Mr Alex Ferguson has bottled it and goes into BULLY mode....he got away with it with rafa because rafa always had a communication problem because it wasnt his first language.
if it would have happened in spain,rafa would have wiped the floor with him and sent him packing with a tail between his legs.
in the back of my mind,one day i hope rafas english is pure....fluent.
he would take Mr Alex Ferguson and the press on no problem then....problem is,whiskey nose wouldnt be around !

draw?....behave
« Last Edit: October 6, 2011, 02:03:33 pm by horne »
success = the absence of the fear of failure

Offline NZ Red

• Kopite
« Reply #396 on: October 6, 2011, 11:49:44 am »
I'd like to see Suarez, Kuyt and Bellamy start with Downing and Carroll on the bench. I just feel the pressure those three could apply when we're not in possession, and their movement when we have the ball, would be very effective.

Online DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: October 6, 2011, 11:56:50 am »
Great post Horne.

Offline saintslfc13

• Kopite
« Reply #398 on: October 6, 2011, 11:57:25 am »
What's wrong with Lucas being in the squad?  ???

I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure he was joking. Steve10 hates Lucas, look at his post history it's actually quite funny.

Anyways, I'm quietly confident about this match, I do dislike that its after internationals but at least it gives Stevie more time. We should be able to get at them, I just saw the norwich match today, they definitely look vulnerable. That being said I think they always do. We need to get back to that mentality of being better than everyone. I know it sounds fucked up when put like that but everytime our players step onto a pitch they should fully believe that they and their teammates are man for man better than the other team. Then they should play like it. Belief is at least half the battle. We had that belief with Rafa at least in the CL, even snuck into a league form now and then. If Kenny and the team can get back to that on a more consistent basis then we'll be in for an amazing rest of the season.

Offline Fauxy

• Legacy Fan
  • Oh na na, whats my name? Rihanna. Get in the van.
« Reply #399 on: October 6, 2011, 12:13:48 pm »
My team for this match:

Reina

Kelly                     Carra                       Skrtel                    Enrique

Lucas

Gerrard                     Adam

Suarez                                                          Downing
                                           Carroll

8)
Follow me on twitter!

http://twitter.com/Benfauxy