Author Topic: Everton 0 - 2 Liverpool (Rodwell red card, Kuyt missed pen, Carroll, Suarez)  (Read 17831 times)

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Liverpool: Reina, Kelly, Enrique, Carragher, Skrtel, Kuyt, Downing, Lucas, Adam, Carroll, Suarez. Subs: Doni, Coates, Gerrard, Henderson, Bellamy, Flanagan, Spearing.

Everton: Howard, Hibbert, Jagielka, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Fellaini, Rodwell, Osman, Cahill, Saha. Subs: Mucha, Bilyaletdinov, Drenthe, Stracqualursi, Neville, Barkley, Vellios.

MATCH FACTS

There have been 19 red cards in this fixture, more than in any other match up in Premier League history, 10 of those coming in the last 13 meetings.

Martin Atkinson has given 14 red cards in the Premier League since the start of 2010/11; more than any other referee.

Everton have won just one of the last nine Merseyside derbies in the Premier League (W1 D3 L5).

Kenny Dalglish’s final match as Liverpool manager in his first spell was a 4-4 draw in the FA Cup against Everton in February 1991.

Dirk Kuyt has scored in his last three Merseyside derbies and has five in this fixture overall (joint-most against any opponent in the Premier League).

Tim Cahill has scored five goals in 11 appearances against Liverpool; only against Aston Villa (6) has he netted more in the Premier League.

Everton have only lost one of their last 14 Premier League games at Goodison Park (W8 D5 L1).

Liverpool have kept just one clean sheet in their last seven Premier League away matches.

There have been three red cards in the three Premier League games involving Liverpool as the away side this term.

The Reds have failed to score in three of their last four Premier League away matches.

This fixture at Goodison Park has finished with a 2-0 scoreline in each of the last three seasons.

« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 02:30:25 pm by Chakan »

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
    • Wakelet of the Articles I have written
Re: Everton v Liverpool (Sky Sports 2 12:45 )
« Reply #1 on: October 1, 2011, 12:12:26 pm »
Your commentary team today.

Azi            -  0-15 | 45-60
Chakan    - 15-30 | 60-75
corkboy    - 30-HT | 75-FT
SRAWL     - Posting your PM´s
BabuYagu - Colour Commentary / Statician
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 01:20:47 pm by SRAWL »
My first article on Anfield Index on Shaqiri. Enjoy. bit.ly/2mAq3Qd

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #2 on: October 1, 2011, 12:13:00 pm »
Welcome to derby day folks!!

As you can see the team above is pretty much what everyone was calling for, although there were some cries for Spearings inclusion over Adam. Personally it's the team I wanted! Mainly to see our Derby day hero in Kuyt starting over Henderson. No disrespect for Henderson but this the game tailor made for Dirk.

So I am up early I haven't had my coffee cause I left it work and the tea lady is absent without leave!!

So pumped for this! 30 minutes to OPERATION ANFIELD (although we are at woodison!)
Time to step up and be counted lads! Time to shine and make a hero out of yourself!

IT'S DERBY TIME!!

Offline BabuYagu

• It's Portuguese for 'BabyYoghurt'. The John Motson of RAWK. Or Barry Davies. Or Charley Boorman, even. Expertly silent fist-pumper. Needs to pay more attention. Repeatly analing goalkeepers.
  • Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #3 on: October 1, 2011, 12:24:20 pm »
A rarity today: Thread showing all the buildup to the game. Coming up, interview with Bluenose killer, Dirk Kuyt!

http://www.rojadirecta.me/goto/123hgh.blogspot.com/

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #4 on: October 1, 2011, 12:30:44 pm »
Teams in Full:-

Liverpool
Reina
Kelly   Carragher   Skrtel   Enrique

Kuyt    Adam    Lucas   Downing

Carroll   Suárez

Substitutes
Steven Gerrard
Craig Bellamy
John Flanagan
Doni
Jay Spearing
Jordan Henderson
Sebastián Coates

Everton Rugby Club
Howard

Hibbert   Distin   Jagielka   Baines

Coleman   Rodwell   Fellaini   Osman
Cahill

Saha

Substitutes
Phil Neville
Diniyar Bilyaletdinov
Royston Drenthe
Denis Stracqualursi
Jan Mucha
Apostolos Vellios
Ross Barkley

Kuyt starts over Henderson - happy with that

Drenthe and Vellios remain on the bench for Everton. to be honest I think they've been the bitters 2 least shite players this season so far. I'd have started with them. Although maybe they haven't been drilled in the clubs leg breaking methods for the derby and so are going with those who can be relied to stick the boot or elbow in where needed.
« Last Edit: October 1, 2011, 12:35:30 pm by BabuYagu »

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: October 1, 2011, 12:36:31 pm »
Cahill passing fit should be interesting. Scored 3 goals in derby games but is on a goal drought!

10 minutes boys and girls 10 minutes!!

Excitement, Passion, Nervousness!

Let have em boys!

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #6 on: October 1, 2011, 12:37:18 pm »
Kenny talking to Geoff Shreaves. You can see that when Vinny O'Connor asks a stupid question he gets hammered by Kenny.... when Geoff asks the same question, Kenny just gives him an answer.

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #7 on: October 1, 2011, 12:41:16 pm »
Coleman and Enrique should be a good little tussle.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: October 1, 2011, 12:42:58 pm »
i love suarez fucked up a practice shot  in the warm ups and went ape shit crazy started shaking his head and muttering to himself god i love him

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #9 on: October 1, 2011, 12:43:31 pm »
Rafa used to say you need a cool head in these games.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: October 1, 2011, 12:45:32 pm »
Teams are lining up for the shaking of the hands. Hoping Suarez headbutts Fellani!

Phil Neville left out of the bitters lineup. I just noticed that now.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: October 1, 2011, 12:47:58 pm »
Here we go people  lets get cracking

Everton to kick off

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: October 1, 2011, 12:48:49 pm »
aaaaaan we're off!

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: October 1, 2011, 12:49:47 pm »
1 min Everton kick us off with saha and cahill and straiht from kick off everton hoof the ball up which we win and go on the counter attack downing with the ball is fouled by Hibbert 30 secs into the game 40 yards out on the near side free kick comes to nothing 

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #14 on: October 1, 2011, 12:49:57 pm »
Liverpool holding a pretty high line at the start today, which is a good sign. Just hope we don´t retreat as the half goes on!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: October 1, 2011, 12:50:02 pm »
Bit disappointed with the cross by Adam, really should have done better considering it was on his left foot. Hopefully he has a monster game today!

Offline SRAWL

• 'Spicegirls Rule All! Wooooh! Lulz.'
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: October 1, 2011, 12:51:03 pm »
Coates would have been good for today for the height that Everton has.
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

robbie9fowler robbie fowler
If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #17 on: October 1, 2011, 12:51:11 pm »
Four of us and four of them in a metre square area for a corner.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: October 1, 2011, 12:51:39 pm »
Enrique has to do much better against Fellani, can't give him free headers! I wonder if they have maybe targeted Enrique as they probably think he might be a bit nervous?

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #19 on: October 1, 2011, 12:51:53 pm »
Good cross by Enrique for Carroll, who fails to connect.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #20 on: October 1, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »
Distin doing well v Carroll.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: October 1, 2011, 12:52:44 pm »
2 mins in and Kelly fouls saha on the half way line free kick to everton which is lofted in ball drops to Fellani who shoots on the edge of the box takes a deflection and its a corner pepe catches and releases Downing who is away but Baines is back covering and its clearned

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: October 1, 2011, 12:53:06 pm »
I think Distin vs Carroll is going to be  talking point today. So far Distin has been getting the best of it.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #23 on: October 1, 2011, 12:54:17 pm »
5 mins - both teams tactics seem to be press the opposition as soon as possible and try and get the breakaway goal  bit scrappy just now

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #24 on: October 1, 2011, 12:54:31 pm »
Typical derby stuff, everyone flying in but all good, clean stuff so far.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 1, 2011, 12:55:36 pm »
Great interplay by the front men there, I really think Suarez/Downing/Carroll partnership can blossom into something special.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: October 1, 2011, 12:56:00 pm »
6 mins - first real chance for  liverpool a Long clearnece by pepe has the everton defenders unsure and downing manages to beat the two of them but his cut back is just to strong for suarez who had he controlled would have been one on one with the keeper in the box

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: October 1, 2011, 12:56:49 pm »
*Clap *Clap *Clap

DALGLISH!! DALGLISH!!

rings our from the liverpool supporters. Unbeaten in the last 10 Derby matches for our King!

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #28 on: October 1, 2011, 12:56:55 pm »
Just there we had Skrtel in the left back slot, Carragher in the right back slot and Lucas in between them. Very Barcelona.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: October 1, 2011, 12:57:05 pm »
Holy shit that was close. Suarez with a header at the keeper :(
"We can win 4-0 but I want to win by eight. I don't like to lose. I never accept defeat". Luis Suarez

If these qualify now I'm gonna do the moonwalk bollocko from Liverpool to London blindfolded

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: October 1, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »
Suarez should really have scored there!! Whole goal to aim at and he puts it straight at Howard! Big let off for the bitters!

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #31 on: October 1, 2011, 12:57:48 pm »
Suarez header saved by Howard, then Cahill beats Carragher for a header, tipped over by Pepe.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #32 on: October 1, 2011, 12:58:53 pm »
Holy shit. Distin beats two of ours and curls one over the bar.

Offline SRAWL

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: October 1, 2011, 12:58:56 pm »
Wow at our defence. Not convincing to say the least.

Offline BabuYagu

• Legacy Fan
  • wakelet.com/@BabuYagu
« Reply #34 on: October 1, 2011, 12:59:09 pm »
That is exactly why you want Kuyt on the pitch in big games. Forces a mistake from Jagielka, keeps the ball in when it looks a corner and then picks out Suarez perfectly with the cross. Unlucky Luis!

I'd love to break into Fellaini's house when he is asleep and cut a vagina shape into that fugly hair of his.

Offline Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #35 on: October 1, 2011, 12:59:23 pm »
Ten minutes gone and several chances for both sides. Settle in, folks...

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: October 1, 2011, 12:59:25 pm »
8 mins  another golden chance for Suarez dirk kuyt nudges Jakilaka just as hes about to clear and intercepts his cross is perfect for suarez but his header lacks power and bounces into the greatful hands of Howard

Everton attack and a lofted cross from Baines is met with a header from Cahill which produces a world class save from reina to go out for a corner nothing happens from the corner

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: October 1, 2011, 12:59:27 pm »
Gotta say Carroll is doing some immense defender work at the back there. Getting his head on everything and clearing!

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: October 1, 2011, 01:00:19 pm »
Kuyt and Downing have switched wings for now.

Offline Azi

• eckerslike
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: October 1, 2011, 01:01:01 pm »
10 mins  Distin collects the ball on the edge of our box beats two of our defenders and curls one over the bar.  nervy stuff at the back for both teams