Author Topic: On this day in LFC History: Personal Memories  (Read 847725 times)

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: On this day in LFC History: Personal Memories
« Reply #1040 on: November 15, 2011, 12:12:51 am »
1987 Manchester United (Division One) Old Trafford 1-1
John Aldridge 21'
Att 47,106

A deserved point at Old Trafford as our unbeaten start to the League season continues. John Aldridge reached a dozen League goals for the season in only his 13th  appearance.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1041 on: November 15, 2011, 12:14:26 am »
2008 Bolton Wanderers (Premier League) Reebok Stadium 2-0
Dirk Kuyt 28' Steven Gerrard 73'
Att 24,893

I watched this 12.45 kick-off in the club-house at Forest Green Rovers (my nearest non-League club now, Cheltenham Town being my nearest Football League club) before their Conference match with Altrincham.  Dirk scored a brilliant header from Aurelio’s cross then the Dutchman laid on a ‘sitter’ for Keane which Robbie somehow managed to miss.  Referee Rob Styles was as fussy as he usually was but ruled in our favour by disallowing a Bolton equaliser just before half-time. Our second goal was beautifully made by Torres and nodded home by Gerrard.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1042 on: November 15, 2011, 08:33:57 am »
My first baby was due a few days after this game and I used to wind my side up by saying that if it was a boy we should name him after the last Liverpool player to score. I was sweating a bit when Dirk out us ahead!

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #1043 on: November 15, 2011, 09:44:16 am »
2008 Bolton Wanderers (Premier League) Reebok Stadium 2-0
Dirk Kuyt 28' Steven Gerrard 73'
Att 24,893

I watched this 12.45 kick-off in the club-house at Forest Green Rovers (my nearest non-League club now, Cheltenham Town being my nearest Football League club) before their Conference match with Altrincham.  Dirk scored a brilliant header from Aurelio’s cross then the Dutchman laid on a ‘sitter’ for Keane which Robbie somehow managed to miss.  Referee Rob Styles was as fussy as he usually was but ruled in our favour by disallowing a Bolton equaliser just before half-time. Our second goal was beautifully made by Torres and nodded home by Gerrard.
did kevin davies score the disallowed goal? cant quite remember that one, i remember Keane missing an absolute gimmee from about 2 yards out. Ricardo Gardner i can remember possibly rounding Reina and just falling over which was hilarious. can also remember thinking when Torres came on that he was 5 times the player Keane was given Keane was making runs like a headless chicken wheras Torres was on to boss the game which he more or less did.

1987 Manchester United (Division One) Old Trafford 1-1
John Aldridge 21'
Att 47,106

A deserved point at Old Trafford as our unbeaten start to the League season continues. John Aldridge reached a dozen League goals for the season in only his 13th  appearance.
bit before my time, ive never seen the Whiteside goal but Aldridge scored a cracker. Alan Hansen was calmly walking around with the ball before dinking it over the top of Uniteds left back, Steve McMahon volleyed it across goal for Aldridge to head home superbly. Brian Moore's commentary was great
"alan hansen,,,,,,,,trying to get mcmahon through,,,,,,,ALDRIDGE IS ON THE FAR SIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDE"
*away end goes nuts*

didnt united have a player sent off ? think I heard Craig Johnstone missed a sitter to win it at the end, he latched onto a bad back pass from what i heard but messed it up
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
  • last seen in 3ft(13ft) fountain in istanbul
« Reply #1044 on: November 15, 2011, 09:55:30 am »

My girl Cherith passed away 7 years ago today, missed and loved everyday since x

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=45278.200
@sevvyparklee

Online paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1045 on: November 15, 2011, 10:23:42 am »
My girl Cherith passed away 7 years ago today, missed and loved everyday since x

I remember that now

RIP Cherith

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1046 on: November 15, 2011, 10:32:31 am »

Sorry for your loss. RIP Cherith.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1047 on: November 15, 2011, 10:34:51 am »
Sorry for your loss. RIP Cherith.
she worked for lfc.tv iirc

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1048 on: November 15, 2011, 10:39:38 am »
she worked for lfc.tv iirc

Just reading the original thread now, very sad. I don’t remember using the official site back then, before I stumbled on here I used to read (and post?!) on Teamtalk a bit but that was about it.

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
« Reply #1049 on: November 15, 2011, 11:01:47 am »
She did work for lfc.tv as a result of being one of the original "boot room" moderators, a well loved user of RAWK when it appeared at pretty much the same time as the official site was known and loved by people all over the world, i dont half miss her  :'(
@sevvyparklee

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1050 on: November 15, 2011, 11:11:54 am »
i remember a front pager on .tv alright

i emailed the mods just to say sorry etc. think i used to annoy the mods there, (and here)

they wrote back saying they were just stunned

was she from northern ireland? my mrs is and her mam mentioned it at the time, and she hasnt a clue how to use a pc
« Last Edit: November 15, 2011, 11:14:45 am by HELLRAZOR »

Offline SPLee

• Kopite
« Reply #1051 on: November 15, 2011, 11:24:59 am »
Yeah she was from Bangor mate.
@sevvyparklee

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1052 on: November 15, 2011, 11:25:41 am »
Yeah she was from Bangor mate.
same place my mrs is from

RIP

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
« Reply #1053 on: November 15, 2011, 05:06:56 pm »

20-year-old forward Steve Peplow made his First Division debut. He would only play once more at that level.

He played a fair few games for Tranmere.
Lives just around the corner from me. Lovely fella..

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1054 on: November 15, 2011, 07:40:35 pm »
He played a fair few games for Tranmere.
Lives just around the corner from me. Lovely fella..

That's very true. He had seven full seasons at Tranmere (the last of the five Football League clubs he was on the books of) and it was by far his best time as a professional footballer because he played over 250 times for Tranmere's first team and acored nearly fifty goals for them.

Offline Rafa_La

• Would give Chopper one by mouth
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool, Did you think we would leave you dying?
« Reply #1055 on: November 15, 2011, 11:52:30 pm »
Today In History
November 16th

1960 Southampton (League Cup 3erd round) Anfield 1-2
Roger Hunt 54'
Att 14,036

1963 Fulham (Division One) Anfield 2-0
Ian St John 86' Roger Hunt 87'
Att 38,478

1968 Sheffield Wednesday (Division One) Hillsborough 2-1
Chris Lawler 28' Ian Callaghan 71'
Att 31,245

1974 Everton (Division One) Goodison Park 0-0
Att 56,797

1985 Westbromwich Albion (Anfield 4-1
Steve Nicol 45' Jan Mølby 62' Mark Lawrenson 73' Paul Walsh 87'
Att 28,407

1986 Sheffield Wednesday (Division One) Anfield 1-1
Ian Rush 58'
Att 28,020

1996 Leeds United (Premier League) Elland Road 2-0
Neil Ruddock 13' Steve McManaman 90'
Att 39,981

DEBUT GAMES
Terry McDermott (1974)
Phil Neal (1974)

BIRTHDAY
David West (1964)
(made the bench as reserve twice.
No 1st team game time)

Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1056 on: November 15, 2011, 11:57:42 pm »
1968 Sheffield Wednesday (Division One) Hillsborough 2-1
Chris Lawler 28' Ian Callaghan 71'
Att 31,245

We are almost halfway through a season that will mark the mid-point of a six-year trophy drought. Although Leeds United will take the title, we go to Sheffield as First Division leaders and cement that position with a narrow win. The 1963 F.A. Cup semi-final apart, Hillsborough was a happy hunting ground for us in this decade. This was one of the five times we won a League match at Sheffield Wednesday in the Sixties; indeed, this was our fourth successive victory at their home stadium. Chris Lawler scored the 16th of the forty-one League goals he scored for the club; Ian Callaghan scored his 5th League goal of the season. He would eventually finish with 8 (plus 2 in the cups) in his most-productive season as a goalscorer and the only season in which he reached double-figures in goals.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1057 on: November 15, 2011, 11:58:21 pm »
1974 Everton (Division One) Goodison Park 0-0
Att 56,797

Drove up from London. It was a mind-numbingly poor match, notable only for the first-team debuts of Phil Neal and Terry McDermott.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1058 on: November 15, 2011, 11:59:45 pm »
1985 West Bromwich Albion (Anfield) 4-1
Steve Nicol 45' Jan Mølby 62' Mark Lawrenson 73' Paul Walsh 87'
Att 28,407

Kenny Dalglish picked the same team that had won at Coventry seven days earlier but named himself as substitute (Phil Neal had been that at Highfield Road). We start the day in second place behind Manchester United but close the gap as they are held to a home draw by Tottenham. We have now made five points up on the early leaders in eight days as on the day we had won at Coventry they were losing their first League match of the season (at Sheffield Wednesday). Paul Walsh scores for the second League match running and although Kenny brings himself on for Ronnie Whelan with ten minutes left, he isn’t really needed as we are already comfortably in control.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1059 on: November 16, 2011, 12:00:56 am »
1986 Sheffield Wednesday (Division One) Anfield 1-1
Ian Rush 58'
Att 28,020

Bruce Grobbelaar manages to avoid the lapses in concentration that cost us two goals in the home fixture with Wednesday two seasons earlier. Ian Rush scores his 13th First Division goal of a season in which he will finish with thirty (40 including the cups). Despite being the defending champions, the attendance dips below 30,000 for the first time in the season for a home League match, although this was a Sunday fixture so therefore possibly televised live ?

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1060 on: November 16, 2011, 12:02:19 am »
Att 39,981

Ian Rush plays against his former team-mates for the first time but is booked (along with Mark Wright) after a skirmish involving several players on the hour mark. We avoid defeat by Leeds for the 4th match in a row (a run that will extend to seven before we lose to the Yorkshiremen again). A terrible error from Nigel Martyn gifts Steve McManaman the goal that clinches the victory in the last minute. Martyn comes racing out of his area to deal with a long clearance from the other half of the pitch but miscontrols the ball completely leaving Steve to trot the ball into the empty net as the goalkeeper vainly tries to redeem himself for his mistake.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1061 on: November 16, 2011, 12:32:29 am »
BIRTHDAY
David West (1964)
(made the bench as reserve twice.
No 1st team game time)

Shortly before he retired as manager, Bob Paisley agreed to pay Dorchester Town £15,000 for 18-year-old David West.   A few months later he was taken on the club's pre-season tour and played against a Feyenoord team that included Dutch legend Johan Cruyff. When the 1983-84 season started for real, West was an unused substitute for both European Cup First Round matches against Odense in September. But he never again made another Liverpool squad for a competitive match. A year later, fed up with playing Central League football, he asked manager Joe Fagan if he could go out on loan. But Fagan's response was to release the player completely. He returned to his roots and turned out for a number of clubs in the south and west of England. In December 1986 ... shortly after his 22nd birthday ... he was involved in a serious head-on traffic collision. Although able to resume playing after recovering from his injuries, he eventually retired from the game at the age of just twenty-seven.

Presumably part of the deal that took him to Anfield in the first place, Liverpool sent a reserve team down to play Dorchester Town in the middle of August, 1984. For a reason that quite escapes me twenty-seven years later, I decided to travel to this match from my home in Swindon. We comfortably won 5-0. Our goals were scored by Paul Jewell, Ian Fairbrother, Kenneth DeMange (2)  and ... David West!
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 12:34:17 am by kriss »

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1062 on: November 16, 2011, 07:34:57 am »
Att 39,981
Was working on a job in Leeds at the time and ended up getting a ticket in the North Stand for this one...not surprisingly I kept my hands in my pockets and my gob firmly shut for both goals. You had to smile at the second goal but i made sure it was more of a grimace, just to be on the safe side.

Online paulrazor

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1063 on: November 16, 2011, 09:24:13 am »
neil ruddocks last goal for us
heavily deflected

mcmanamans was taking candy from a baby

Online Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #1064 on: November 16, 2011, 09:31:32 am »
I have no recollection of that Leeds game at all. Was it midweek or a weekend? One of those rare occasions in the modern era where I don’t think I saw the goals. I can normally think back and remember what I was doing/where I was when results came through but have drawn a blank with this one.

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #1065 on: November 16, 2011, 09:35:16 am »

Offline andy in warrington

• ...wanking in the work bogs
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1066 on: November 16, 2011, 07:32:08 pm »
I was at Elland Road for that game. They put us under quite a bit of pressure in the 2nd half and McManamans goal was a great relief. He had a clear run at an empty goal from about 40 yards out robbing Nigel Martyn near the half way line. A funny goal.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1067 on: November 16, 2011, 11:27:43 pm »
I remember the West Brom game very well. They were bottom of the League and on an awful run of form. We battered them from the start, only for Gary Thompson to head them in front 5 minutes before half time. Our pressure finally paid off when Steve Nicol levelled at the end of the 1st half, and the 2nd half was shooting practice. Mark Lawrenson scored a superb individual goal for our 3rd.

The Sheff Wed game was a grim affair. Rush equalised straight from the restart after their goal, but the rest of the game was a non-event. Kriss is right about the TV coverage. I think ITV showed it at a time when they and the BBC both had live top flight football. A month later we played Chelsea in a Sunday televised game where the attendance was under 26,000.

Offline ALANM

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1068 on: November 16, 2011, 11:42:55 pm »
It's close enough to November 17th for me to start recalling that date. I have to admit that while I can remember results from before I started going to games in 1981 (such as a 2-1 win at home to Spurs in 1979), I have trouble with scorers in those games as everything I post is from personal memory. I leave it to Rafa La and Kriss to trawl through the archives!

A 1-0 win at Coventry in 1990 maintained our fine start to the season. Peter Beardsley was scoring regularly, and it was his 2nd half goal which secured the points. I was in London that day so went to Loftus Road where Crystal Palace beat QPR 2-1.

Talk of London advances 12 months to a televised 0-0 draw at West Ham. The lack of goals was down to two inspired keepers, and it could just as easily have finished 6 each. One of the best 0-0 games I can recall.

A 0-0 draw at home to Sunderland in 2002 was down to one inspired goalkeeper. This was the kind of one sided game where had we scored once we'd have ended up with 4 or 5, but the ball just wouldn't enter the net!! Waht was even more galling is that we lost the return meaning that over 20% of the 19 points Sunderland accrued that season were taken off us!!!

Over to you Rafa La and Kriss for the full story of November 17th.

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1069 on: November 16, 2011, 11:45:59 pm »
Today In History
November 17th

1962 Leyton Orient (Division One) Anfield 5-0
Roger Hunt 10' 25' 62' Willie Stevenson 35' Ian St John 64'
Att 30,009

1965 Blackburn Rovers (Division One) Anfield 5-2
Willie Stevenson 17' (Pen) Ian St John 32' 87' Roger Hunt 45' Tommy Smith 87'
Att 36,456

1973 Ipswich Town (Division One) Anfield 4-2
Kevin Keegan 17' 22' 90'(Pen) Peter Cormack 44'
Att 37,420

1979 Tottenham Hotspur (Division One) Anfield 2-1
Terry McDermott 34' 69'
Att 51,092

1990 Coventry City (Division One) Highfield Road 1-0
Peter Beardsley 73'
Att 22,571

1991 Westham United (Division One) Upton Park 0-0
Att 23,569

2001 Blackburn Rovers (Premier League) Ewood Park 1-1
Michael Owen 30.
Att 28,859

2002 Sunderland (Premier League) Anfield 0-0
Att 43,074

DEBUT GOAL
Willie Stevenson (1962)
scored on the same day in 1965!
Nunca me bajoneé, mi conciencia estaba tranquila porque sabía cómo habían sido las cosas.
"The reason i never felt depressed is because my conscience was clear, I Knew what had really happened."
Luis Suarez
YNWA

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1070 on: November 16, 2011, 11:59:17 pm »
1962 Leyton Orient (Division One) Anfield 5-0
Roger Hunt 10' 25' 62' Willie Stevenson 35' Ian St John 64'
Att 30,009

Orient had been promoted with us at the end of the previous season. But although they had taken a point from a 3-3 draw on Merseyside in 1961-62, they were hopelessly out of their depth in the First Division and made an immediate return to Division Two, averaging just one point every two games and ending up ten points below the club relegated with them, Manchester City. This mauling they took at Anfield was one of their fifteen defeats on the road and their heaviest defeat of the season.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1071 on: November 17, 2011, 12:00:32 am »
1965 Blackburn Rovers (Division One) Anfield 5-2
Willie Stevenson 17' (Pen) Ian St John 32' 87' Roger Hunt 45' Tommy Smith 87'
Att 36,456

For the second successive home match, we scored five against Anfield opponents having also put five past Northampton four days earlier. Willie Stevenson opened the scoring by netting a penalty for the third home match in a row. Further first-half goals from St. John and Hunt gave us an emphatic lead at the interval. Mike England, in his final season at Ewood Park before joining Tottenham, was unable to come out for the second half because of an ankle injury; and Rovers lost another defender (full-back Billy Wilson) for a few minutes after he had apparently been struck in the face by a stray elbow from the Saint. Although Blackburn pulled a goal back just after the hour mark, Tommy Smith restored our three-goal lead almost as soon as Wilson returned to the field. Both teams scored again in the closing minutes with St. John’s being his 2nd of the match and 6th of the season.   

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1072 on: November 17, 2011, 12:01:30 am »
1979 Tottenham Hotspur (Division One) Anfield 2-1
Terry McDermott 34' 69'
Att 51,092

Spurs were still seeking their first win at Anfield since the Titanic had sunk in 1912! Despite fielding a strong team that included Ardiles, Hoddle and Villa, the Londoners lost their seventh successive match at Anfield. Even when Chris Jones equalised, it only took seven minutes for Liverpool to restore their lead and this time they were able to hold on to it. Tottenham usually brought a large and noisy following to Merseyside and did so on this day too and that led to a terrific atmosphere inside the stadium. The attendance of 51,092 was only bettered during this season for the visits of Everton and Aston Villa. 

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1073 on: November 17, 2011, 12:02:40 am »
1973 Ipswich Town (Division One) Anfield 4-2
Kevin Keegan 17' 22' 90'(Pen) Peter Cormack 44'
Att 37,420

17th November 1973 : Liverpool 4 Ipswich Town 2

Kevin Keegan scored his 4th, 5th & 6th First Division goals of the season. David Johnson scored with a thumping header for Ipswich. Here is the main action :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qy16xG0_tSQ&feature=results_video&playnext=1&list=PL52548D4366DE1CF0

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1074 on: November 17, 2011, 12:04:28 am »
1990 Coventry City (Division One) Highfield Road 1-0
Peter Beardsley 73'
Att 22,571

We were still unbeaten in the League (11 wins and 1 draw) as we headed for Highfield Road. Coventry had appointed Terry Butcher as their player-manager two days earlier. A misplaced header by former Sky Blue Gary Gillespie nearly resulted in an early goal against but although Kevin Gallacher’s shot beat Bruce Grobbelaar, it smacked against the post and rebounded away to safety. Midway through the second half, Peter Beardsley latched on to a rebound to score the only goal of the game. It was the 46th and last League goal he scored for Liverpool before his move across the park to Everton the following summer. After this win at Coventry, Peter would only start two more League matches under Kenny Dalglish, although he was a frequent starter under caretaker-manager Ronnie Moran and Dalglish’s successor Graeme Souness towards the end of the 1990-91 season.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1075 on: November 17, 2011, 12:05:22 am »
1991 West Ham United (Division One) Upton Park 0-0
Att 23,569

Brice Grobbelaar preserved a point with an inspirational display in goal, making several fine saves (a lot of them from efforts by Frank McAvennie). Our own main striker, Dean Saunders, was left out of the starting line-up by Graeme Souness. Although Dean would score regularly in the cups this season, he had only netted twice in the League at the time of this match at Upton Park. Scoring away goals would be a problem for the team all season; we only managed thirteen in the twenty-one First Division matches.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1076 on: November 17, 2011, 12:06:13 am »
2001 Blackburn Rovers (Premier League) Ewood Park 1-1
Michael Owen 30.
Att 28,859

Blackburn were one of Michael Owen’s favourite opponents. He scored 7 times against them in 9 appearances. His header in this game was the third of those seven goals. Although the performance was not as good as that which had swept Manchester United aside in the previous Premier League match, the point earned at Ewood Park was enough to take us to the top of the table, a position we would retain for the next month.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1077 on: November 17, 2011, 12:07:14 am »
2002 Sunderland (Premier League) Anfield 0-0
Att 43,074

We had over twenty shots on goal to Sunderland’s none. But there was no way past Sunderland’s Austrian goalkeeper Jürgen Macho. If ever there was a home match that we completely dominated without scoring, then this was that match. Failure to win cost us the leadership of the Premier League because we needed all three points to go back above defending champions Arsenal, who had beaten Tottenham 3-0 at Highbury the previous day.

Offline kriss

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1078 on: November 17, 2011, 12:32:15 am »
It's close enough to November 17th for me to start recalling that date. I have to admit that while I can remember results from before I started going to games in 1981 (such as a 2-1 win at home to Spurs in 1979), I have trouble with scorers in those games as everything I post is from personal memory. I leave it to Rafa La and Kriss to trawl through the archives!

I would just like to say that your personal memory is phenomenal, Alan  :)... especially if you are not relying on other sources to confirm what your memory tells you!

Offline Rafa_La

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1079 on: November 17, 2011, 08:41:30 am »

Over to you Rafa La and Kriss for the full story of November 17th.

Well pleased for posts like this. WHOLE point of the thread.  The written word in an archive makes the statement.

But the word by a poster makes the feeling.

Gets better by the page.  Keep the posts coming :)
Luis Suarez
YNWA