Author Topic: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM  (Read 86317 times)

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Get Behind Brendan Rodgers
Re: Stoke 1 - 0 Liverpool (Walters) Sept 10th KO 3PM
« Reply #1720 on: September 11, 2011, 11:17:31 pm »
Liverpool are going to do great stuff this season. Don't worry about the game at the Brit.

Cheers mate,

I'm confident that the team can have a good season, Saturday was just a bump in the road. Good luck to ye also.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1721 on: September 11, 2011, 11:17:40 pm »
That's a good point, I'm struggling to remember the last time we came from behind and won a game?

Something we have to be able to do to become title challengers.
-YNWA-

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1722 on: September 11, 2011, 11:19:24 pm »
That's a good point, I'm struggling to remember the last time we came from behind and won a game?

Don't know exactly when that was meself but the stats are on  a thread here somewhere.

It's shocking though as far as i remember.

I think it could be 2 or more years ago.
From here on in its all FSG's doing. Good or bad they will stand or fall by the decisions they have made in the summer of 2012. Lets hope they have gotten it right.

Offline Enders

• Game. Has a thing for Edward Colanderhands
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez! Allez! Allez!
« Reply #1723 on: September 11, 2011, 11:21:53 pm »
Don't know exactly when that was meself but the stats are on  a thread here somewhere.

It's shocking though as far as i remember.

I think it could be 2 or more years ago.
How long had it been when we won 4-2 after being 2 down v Fulham at the cottage (Igor's goal)?
“He was a very good customer. He was just the three bottles of semi-skimmed. They didn’t have to be placed zonally on his step or anything. He was happy to have a chat and he would always look after you at Christmas.”

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1724 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:22 pm »
How long had it been when we won 4-2 after being 2 down v Fulham at the cottage (Igor's goal)?

Not that far mate..

Did it loads under Rafa in 08/09

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #1725 on: September 11, 2011, 11:23:30 pm »
Liverpool are going to do great stuff this season. Don't worry about the game at the Brit.
It's a fucker though, difficult place to go and when the lucks against you it doesn't help a bit.

Nice to see a Stoke fan on here, didn't know you lot could read and write :) :)
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1726 on: September 11, 2011, 11:24:09 pm »
Cheers mate,

I'm confident that the team can have a good season, Saturday was just a bump in the road. Good luck to ye also.
Thanks mate, I'll follow you closely as always.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: September 11, 2011, 11:28:23 pm »
Thanks mate, I'll follow you closely as always.

:)

Online Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: September 11, 2011, 11:29:37 pm »
even with a couple of our players having an average game we still deserved to win, we were just unlucky.  who cares move on.

Offline Nazi Dickhead

• Legacy Fan
  • Man moth?
« Reply #1729 on: September 11, 2011, 11:31:27 pm »
who cares move on.

;D ;D Move on? This is RAWK!
-YNWA-

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1730 on: September 11, 2011, 11:33:45 pm »
It's a fucker though, difficult place to go and when the lucks against you it doesn't help a bit.

Nice to see a Stoke fan on here, didn't know you lot could read and write :) :)
Ha, thanks mate  ;)

Offline Ski

• daddle. Wouldn't recognise an idea, if it rang his doorbell and got invited in for dinner. He will survive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1731 on: September 11, 2011, 11:34:16 pm »
Wasnt it Bolton last year when we came from behind to win? But agree that we need the spirit of 08/09 when we were the comeback kings. How many games and points did we rescue from losing positions?
Has Steven Gerrard scored a goal even more important than the one he got against Olympiakos - Is this the start of something BIG?

Offline Carlito Roberto

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1732 on: September 11, 2011, 11:37:24 pm »
Wasnt it Bolton last year when we came from behind to win? But agree that we need the spirit of 08/09 when we were the comeback kings. How many games and points did we rescue from losing positions?
Good shout masterminded by the Hodge himself. Once all season makes for bad reading.

Offline bleedsred1978

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: September 11, 2011, 11:39:53 pm »

Good shout mate..

Forgot about that one.

Offline McGarnagle

• OOTer, Day Tripper, Paddy, etc.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • "What the hell are you Mancs up to?"
« Reply #1734 on: September 11, 2011, 11:41:26 pm »
I came on here yesterday evening after the match and "sifted through the shit" so to speak, but refrained from posting because i was in a bad enough mood already without bringing more shit upon myself in the form of replies!

Given the time to calm down, reflect and watch the highlights of match tonight, i have come to the conclusion that yesterday was just one of those days... I knew when Henderson had 3 shots blocked followed by another 2 blocked from Adam that we weren't going to score! I said it there and then... We WERE better than the socrline reflected! We had 72.7% possession away from home; 7 shots on target to their 1 (albeit 5 of those 7 were one chance; their 1 was their penalty!)

Which brings me onto the next "talking point" on here at the moment; Carragher... I'm going to keep it short and sweet; it's time he was no longer automatic first choice centre back! It's been "that time" for a long time now, and i've been saying it for a long time; I even said it Friday in the pre-match thread and got shot down for it! Like i said, i took time to calm down before i posted this; this is not a knee-jerk reaction to him costing us a point or three yesterday, his time is up and anyone who says otherwise has their head in the sand... Fuck "loyalty" and all this compasionate bullshit! When it starts to effect the performance of the team it's gone too far; his peak wasn't even 2005, i'd say he was better in 2004; that's 7 years ago!!! It's acceptable for him to have declined over that period of time... Okay, i said i was going to keep it short and i'm going on so i'm going to stop there, but in summary (on the 2 most contentious issues following yesterday's game):

Should Carragher be dropped for Spurs... Yes

Are we now shit again after one bad result... No; well at least not for those of us who have realistic expectations this season! If you thought we were going to win the league this year, then yes, we're fucked; but in terms of getting top 4, i expected Utd, City and Chelsea to all be up there at this stage; Stoke are the only team ahed of us unexpectedly, and i'll eat my left testical if we are still below them after 38 games, so there's no need to panic, not yet anyway
« Last Edit: September 11, 2011, 11:43:42 pm by McGarnagle »
Justice for the 96

RIP

YNWA

Offline Smug Cassandra

• outh strikes again :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Siempre Liverpool Siempre River Plate
« Reply #1735 on: September 11, 2011, 11:47:12 pm »
I think the Stoke result proves we have had our heads stuck up our own arses with the transfer window and an ok but nothing special start to the season. I felt the day after the window that the back slapping was too loud and we now have a long overdue slice of reality.

I just hope we learn that we arent as good as we think we are and i think we have been a touch arrogant of late without much reason. Sure we played well against Bolton in bits and bits of other matches but thats it. Hard work ahead.
! LIVERPOOL - EN LAS MALAS - MUCHO MAS !

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1736 on: September 11, 2011, 11:48:35 pm »
What I took from the game was we went a goal down against probably the best team at parking the bus in the league, and we constantly broke them down, we never ran out of ideas and the only reason we didn't get at least one goal back was down to bad refereeing/bad finishing. They played 10 behind the ball for most of the game and we were still causing them huge dramas in and around the box.

This is probably the biggest change since the last 2-3 managers. Under rafa, we knew we would go into a game against the cream of Europe, and we knew we'd give them the game of their lives. Under Hoodge we knew we were just going to be shit, under Kenny I think we know we're always going to create chances. I love it.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1737 on: September 11, 2011, 11:49:26 pm »
I came on here yesterday evening after the match and "sifted through the shit" so to speak, but refrained from posting because i was in a bad enough mood already without bringing more shit upon myself in the form of replies!

Given the time to calm down, reflect and watch the highlights of match tonight, i have come to the conclusion that yesterday was just one of those days... I knew when Henderson had 3 shots blocked followed by another 2 blocked from Adam that we weren't going to score! I said it there and then... We WERE better than the socrline reflected! We had 72.7% possession away from home; 7 shots on target to their 1 (albeit 5 of those 7 were one chance; their 1 was their penalty!)

Which brings me onto the next "talking point" on here at the moment; Carragher... I'm going to keep it short and sweet; it's time he was no longer automatic first choice centre back! It's been "that time" for a long time now, and i've been saying it for a long time; I even said it Friday in the pre-match thread and got shot down for it! Like i said, i took time to calm down before i posted this; this is not a knee-jerk reaction to him costing us a point or three yesterday, his time is up and anyone who says otherwise has their head in the sand... Fuck "loyalty" and all this compasionate bullshit! When it starts to effect the performance of the team it's gone too far; his peak wasn't even 2005, i'd say he was better in 2004; that's 7 years ago!!! It's acceptable for him to have declined over that period of time... Okay, i said i was going to keep it short and i'm going on so i'm going to stop there, but in summary (on the 2 most contentious issues following yesterday's game):

Should Carragher be dropped for Spurs... Yes

Are we now shit again after one bad result... No; well at least not for those of us who have realistic expectations this season! If you thought we were going to win the league this year, then yes, we're fucked; but in terms of getting top 4, i expected Utd, City and Chelsea to all be up there at this stage; Stoke are the only team ahed of us unexpectedly, and i'll eat my left testical if we are still below them after 38 games, so there's no need to panic, not yet anyway
You won't be below us at the end of the season. Although, if through some miracle it did happen, I'd want to see that testicle meal :)

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #1738 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58:04 pm »
Hey Stokie, what do you think of your playing style? It's been quite effective, but is there a point where you'd want the club to shift to a more conventional, less combative style? Or would you be happy if Stoke played like they do for the next decade?
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline McGarnagle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1739 on: September 11, 2011, 11:58:15 pm »
I think the Stoke result proves we have had our heads stuck up our own arses with the transfer window and an ok but nothing special start to the season. I felt the day after the window that the back slapping was too loud and we now have a long overdue slice of reality.

I just hope we learn that we arent as good as we think we are and i think we have been a touch arrogant of late without much reason. Sure we played well against Bolton in bits and bits of other matches but thats it. Hard work ahead.

I don't agree... I don't have my head stuck up my own arse; i def wouldn't have desribed our start to the season as special, but it's better than ok! We've shown what we're capable of in the first half against Sunderland, in the full 90 against Bolton, and i think we were just unlucky yesterday... We've been poor at times, but with the wholesale changes we have made to our squad you can't expect everythong to just flow perfectly from the off!

On the squad, it is much better than last year, and it is strength in depth that will help us get back into the top 4; As i said in my own post a minute ago, if you're refering to people who thought we were going to win the league, then i can see where you're coming from a bit more, and yes it is going to be hard work; anyone who doesn't think that does have their head up their own arse, you're right, but we're still better than last year, and given what Kenny achieved with what he inhereted last year, i'm not concerned that we can't exceed, let alone meet, those standards he set last year
Justice for the 96

RIP

YNWA

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #1740 on: September 12, 2011, 12:00:22 am »

Of course there is plenty of hard work ahead and not forgetting we are only four competitive games into the start of the season along with a team that needs to gel and the long awaited coming back of Gerrard.  As for having our head stuck up our own arses I do think you are talking about a minority there, Britannia is not the easiest of places to go and we can sure as hell take a lot more postives out of the scenario that of yesterday to our visit there last season.  I agree there is plenty of hard work a head of us and like they say Rome was not built in a day but what was overtly evident yesterday was instead of sitting back when going behind we chased the game till the very end and created more chances than we have in a long time.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline McGarnagle

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1741 on: September 12, 2011, 12:01:58 am »
You won't be below us at the end of the season. Although, if through some miracle it did happen, I'd want to see that testicle meal :)

You can even boil it for me... but i'm going to need a fully qualifed surgeon to remove it! Not taking any chances there
Justice for the 96

RIP

YNWA

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: September 12, 2011, 12:05:49 am »
Not that far mate..

Did it loads under Rafa in 08/09

Mancs, marseille, Wigan and City off the top of my head and that was all in the space of a 4 or 5weeks iirc.

Wasn't at the game but the booing could well have been aimed at Clattenburg and not the team?

Offline the 92A

• Alberto Incontidor. Peneus. Phantom Thread Locker. Mr Bus. But there'll be another one along soon enough. Almost as bad as Jim...
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: September 12, 2011, 12:11:38 am »
Used to hate it when Wenger used to moan because Liverpool didn't play to Arsenal's strengths, to build a great team you have to be able to beat all different types of teams not just the fancy ones. If Stoke beat Barca, because Barca couldn't adapt to Stokes style of football, it would be to Stokes credit. Yesterday, I thought Stoke made it hard for us defended well and have no qualms about their style of play, it works for them and if we want to be contenders then we have to be as good at beating Stoke as Man utd.

We played well yesterday made it hard for Stoke and on another day would have won, if we'd have not competed I'd have been pissed off but it was one of those days and when you're building a team you have downs as well as ups it's part of football but we're playing well this season and the bigger picture is that when we gell we'll be some team.
Still Dreaming of a Harry Quinn

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1744 on: September 12, 2011, 12:13:12 am »
Hey Stokie, what do you think of your playing style? It's been quite effective, but is there a point where you'd want the club to shift to a more conventional, less combative style? Or would you be happy if Stoke played like they do for the next decade?
I'm happy how Tony is managing the club right now, and so is Peter Coates. Pulis doesn't get the respect he deserves in my opinion. He's a top manager who has never been relegated, I just hope for bigger and better things and he is slowly getting us there. How far can he go? I really don't know.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1745 on: September 12, 2011, 12:14:51 am »
Penalties aside, we simply didn't take our chances which were few and far between.

Stoke defended well, they parked the bus and we didn't bring the keys.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:24:32 am by KopThat »

Offline Caligula_10

• Anny Roader
  • Support safe standing
« Reply #1746 on: September 12, 2011, 12:20:17 am »
I bet that if we got a few this season, people would be complaining that we are giving away goals too easily.  :wave

« Reply #1747 on: September 12, 2011, 12:24:51 am »
Miss Gerrard that's one thing he brings to a game which very few players can do.

Online John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1748 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:26 am »
Can all the 'Glory Hunters' please Fuck Off!
But conversely to that there must be some balance. I sense too much protectionism rather than constructive debate. Despite our possession and dominance there are two factors to realise (a) Stoke were solid and (b) not all of our players were at 10/10 form.
Some people will refuse to admit Kenny got a couple of things wrong, but Kenny and Steve will discuss on Monday morning exactly what went wrong while some of you argue over the game and other peoples opinions as if nothing was wrong.
It was most definitely a bad day at the office for some players but there's lots of other things to consider.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1749 on: September 12, 2011, 12:27:30 am »

Btw, nice to see a rival fan on here, maybe straight after a defeat may be a bit much but after a day to come to terms with the defeat, good to see someone who wants a bit of sensible discussion rather than just on a wind up.
I consider myself as a good poster mate, I can't stand trolls or wind up merchants.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
« Reply #1750 on: September 12, 2011, 12:29:18 am »
It was good to see Bellamy back and he had some nice touches.
I wouldn't mind seeing more of him down the left with Downing on the right.
Bellamy and Suarez are both clever footballers and will unlock a lot of defences.

Offline sisterbliss

• Legacy Fan
  • Out now The Goodison Persecution Complex
« Reply #1751 on: September 12, 2011, 12:30:18 am »
I'm happy how Tony is managing the club right now, and so is Peter Coates. Pulis doesn't get the respect he deserves in my opinion. He's a top manager who has never been relegated, I just hope for bigger and better things and he is slowly getting us there. How far can he go? I really don't know.

Nice to see a rival fan on our boards who does not have an agenda so to speak and act an utter tool.  Without putting the thread off course got to say I think Pulis is doing a great job second time round for you Stokies, he has got a solid unit and plays to his strengths which obviously get points on the board and keep teams in the Premiership.
Try to sit on the fence and you're quickly exposed as a fraud, hiding your true feelings but fooling no one.

Offline TH

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1752 on: September 12, 2011, 12:35:14 am »

Sorry mate but you won't get much further with this football, it's very limited. No disrespect like.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1753 on: September 12, 2011, 12:37:23 am »
Nice to see a rival fan on our boards who does not have an agenda so to speak and act an utter tool.  Without putting the thread off course got to say I think Pulis is doing a great job second time round for you Stokies, he has got a solid unit and plays to his strengths which obviously get points on the board and keep teams in the Premiership.
No problem  ;) and many thanks for the nice comments.

I don't see why rival fans can't have reasoned debate etc, I like it, no need for name calling or slagging off.

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1754 on: September 12, 2011, 12:38:46 am »
I agree that we had some luck, I also saw some brilliant defending by us, and some shit finishing by you. We won the game, you are not happy of course.
But I'll say it again, Tony gets results, in my opinion he's ten times better than Roy, even Houllier. Oh and if you are friends with a couple of Stoke season ticket holders, then tell them what you have just told me.
I have to say mate, you come across as sound and all that. But 10 times better than Houllier? Really, do you honestly believe that? The reason i ask is that football is a results business. What's Pulis won with stoke? I'm not trying to have an argument, i'm really not, but i'm not having you come on here trying to claim that Ged wasn't or isn't a cracking manager. Our triple cup winning year under him shows that statement that Pulis is better than him for what it is, rubbish mate.

I've no problem in you liking Pulis and thinking he's great, but i'm not having that massive disrespect shown to Houllier.

You can have the Hodgson one though.
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1755 on: September 12, 2011, 12:39:05 am »
Sorry mate but you won't get much further with this football, it's very limited. No disrespect like.
It's a work in progress mate, let's see where it ends up.

Offline StokieSteve

• Legacy Fan
  • Up The Potters
« Reply #1756 on: September 12, 2011, 12:41:17 am »
I have to say mate, you come across as sound and all that. But 10 times better than Houllier? Really, do you honestly believe that? The reason i ask is that football is a results business. What's Pulis won with stoke? I'm not trying to have an argument, i'm really not, but i'm not having you come on here trying to claim that Ged wasn't or isn't a cracking manager. Our triple cup winning year under him shows that statement that Pulis is better than him for what it is, rubbish mate.

I've no problem in you liking Pulis and thinking he's great, but i'm not having that massive disrespect shown to Houllier.

You can have the Hodgson one though.
Fair enough on Houllier, no disrespect intended.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #1757 on: September 12, 2011, 12:42:42 am »
I reckon most of their fans will be happy with the fact that they are still holding their own and surviving in the Premiership.
I don't like their style of play but I respect that they have ruffled a few feathers, ours included.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2011, 12:48:02 am by Terry De Niro »

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #1758 on: September 12, 2011, 12:47:55 am »
Fair enough on Houllier, no disrespect intended.
Fair enough mate, manly handshakes all round ;D
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #1759 on: September 12, 2011, 12:51:52 am »

Relatively recent I think. there was a period of time where we kept winning by late goals. Rafa's time, can't remember if it was the 86pt season.