Author Topic: Liverpudlians in Marseille  (Read 2722 times)

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
  • The best day of my life
Liverpudlians in Marseille
« on: March 27, 2004, 01:41:05 pm »
How many Liverpudlians were at the Velodrome at Thursday??? did we sell the whole allocation we got??? more than 2.000???

hope someone can help!  ;)

Thanks in advace!
One life, one love, one LIVERPOOL FC

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Liverpudlians in Marseille
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2004, 01:44:13 pm »
Somewhere between 1500 - 2000.  The allocation we received was 3000.

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2004, 01:49:04 pm »
Thanks! 1.500-2.000 isn't that bad! Does anyone know pages with photos from the trip to Marseille? I've seen the pics on here already!

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2004, 01:54:24 pm »
There were a few people with cameras that I haven't seen the photos from yet so there should be some more here in the next few days.

Offline Christoph

• Kopite
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2004, 01:56:25 pm »
Do you think we would have sold the whole allocation if LFC had a better season? were you surprised that we didn't sell the whole allocation?

Offline [delete]

• Grafton Irregular
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2004, 03:04:10 pm »
A lot held fire in the hope of a trip to Milan.

Offline Steve_M

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2004, 04:18:17 pm »
How many Liverpudlians were at the Velodrome at Thursday??? did we sell the whole allocation we got??? more than 2.000???

hope someone can help!  ;)

Thanks in advace!

1600 according to French authorities.

Offline ealsc15

• Kopite
  • Hey Jude
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2004, 09:16:00 am »
To Christoph

Where u the Marseille fella we met in the Brassierie Du Stade ?? If so I apolgies we didnt make it in after the game for a bevvie, my friend Mark was taken ill during the game so he still belives it finished 1-0 to Liverpool hehehe

He has made a full recovery thanks to all of you who offered help and thanks to the French medical staff you where great

Thanks all of you great trip

Cheers James YNWA

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2004, 09:58:21 am »
my friend Mark was taken ill during the game so he still belives it finished 1-0 to Liverpool hehehe

He has made a full recovery thanks to all of you who offered help and thanks to the French medical staff you where great

Thanks all of you great trip

Cheers James YNWA

Was that the guy down at the front on the right hand side?  I was just behind but we didn't know what was wrong.  What happened to him?

Graeme

Offline ealsc15

• Kopite
  • Hey Jude
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2004, 08:11:42 pm »
Hi

Yes was fella at front to right

His heart rate went sky high as soon as Emile scored hehehe......

He has Dr's appointment tomorrow for ECG test it was a worry espically when the Dr said have you been drinking and he said only a few hehehe had started at 5.15 am at Gatwick

Thanks for your concern and everyone elses I will pass on the good wishes on to him on Sunday

Cheers

Offline Nicoliverpool

• French Pie Eating Champion 2007
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2004, 08:21:00 pm »
my first post, so first, hello to everyone.
so that was my first ever Liverpool European away game, and oh my god, what a day. First i want to say that i am a foreign fan (French actually), maybe you don't like them i don't know, i hope you don't mind...
I was in this Irish pub on the vieux port in the afternoon, and i'd like to thanks all the Liverpudlians who were nice to me, and everyone who made the trip...
Cheers to the steward who moved me in the away end when he saw my shirt and flag, despite my ticket was in the home end... this same steward forbidden me to enter with my throw away camera, so no photos for me  :no , so once again cheers to you all for your photos, it's bringing me back memories  :wave
i hope you all had a nice way back, mine was a little bit shorter, but as sad as yours
see you lads soon i hope
Nico
Yanks out

Offline Roger

• The Derek Acorah of RAWK & Welsh News Correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2004, 08:26:21 pm »
so that was my first ever Liverpool European away game, and oh my god, what a day. First i want to say that i am a foreign fan (French actually), maybe you don't like them i don't know, i hope you don't mind...
I was in this Irish pub on the vieux port in the afternoon, and i'd like to thanks all the Liverpudlians who were nice to me, and everyone who made the trip...
Cheers to the steward who moved me in the away end when he saw my shirt and flag, despite my ticket was in the home end... this same steward forbidden me to enter with my throw away camera, so no photos for me  :no , so once again cheers to you all for your photos, it's bringing me back memories  :wave
i hope you all had a nice way back, mine was a little bit shorter, but as sad as yours
see you lads soon i hope
Nico

no worries. enjoy yer football with the Reds. welcome as well.

:wave

Offline ali

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: March 29, 2004, 09:14:23 pm »
Hi

Yes was fella at front to right

His heart rate went sky high as soon as Emile scored hehehe......

He has Dr's appointment tomorrow for ECG test it was a worry espically when the Dr said have you been drinking and he said only a few hehehe had started at 5.15 am at Gatwick

Thanks for your concern and everyone elses I will pass on the good wishes on to him on Sunday

Cheers

Hope his test is ok was really quite worried about him, looked very poorly, but couldn't see what happened to him as they moved him in front of the banner. Best wishes to him and hopefully it was only the shock of Em's well taken goal  :wave
for those of you watching in black and white Liverpool are the team with the ball

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #13 on: March 29, 2004, 09:45:23 pm »
see you lads soon i hope
Nico

Can see a Liverpool banner in my pics of the far end, was that you?
Never give up

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2004, 09:54:49 pm »
i don't see exactly which pic you mean, but i checked all the ones posted and did not see me on any...i'm not complaining about that   ;D  ...i didn't have a banner, only a St George flag with nothing written on it, i was surprised this was almost the only St George flag i saw, and was embarassed when someone told me "we're Scousers, not English"...
where you in this Irish pub on the vieux port ?
Yanks out

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2004, 09:56:10 pm »
If there was a pub Tetti was probably in it at some point ;D

Offline Tetti

• RAWK Agony Aunt. Has a thing for gay singers...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • When you walk....
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2004, 10:11:18 pm »
If there was a pub Tetti was probably in it at some point ;D

Oi  :P
Arrived so late I only got to the hotel, that Petit Plat bar and the ground.
 :wave
Never give up

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #17 on: March 30, 2004, 05:58:03 pm »
By the way how much did you pay for your ticket ? i paid 50 euros for mine (about £35) before i was moved in the away end, let's see how much i have "wasted" (although being moved to the  away end was like an achievment for me ;) )
Yanks out

Offline Rushian

• Blanco y en botella
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • ¡No Pasarán!
    • Red and White Kop
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2004, 06:00:35 pm »
tickets were 30 euros
If you're going to sign up on Betfair and fancy getting a free £25 on sign-up then use my refer code 749DCNQGK and I'll also get a £25 bonus ;)

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2004, 07:19:40 pm »
and why does Liverpool FC not put unsold tickets on general sale ?
Yanks out

Offline Jonathan Hall ☆☆☆☆☆☆

• The name's Hall... Jonathan Hall. aka DangerPaddy. Olores de cebollas. Carly Cole Stalker. Likes to drink at Bar Fanny.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tapas y Cerveza y vino tinto!
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2004, 07:37:43 pm »

Segregation of the two sets of fans.
Right which bastards eaten me Tapas?

http://hfdinfo.com/digital/

Offline Brick Tamland

• Helllllo Jen
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love lamp
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 08:03:43 pm »

Tracking who goes to away games in Europe. Preventing and recording potential violence/hoolies.
"I'm Brick Tamland. People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks."

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 08:22:40 pm »
well i think it works well then, because i thought the atmosphere was immense on thursday, very fair-play and friendly. Marseilles fans usually are w*nkers, but here i was surprised with them
Yanks out

Roddysul

« Reply #23 on: March 31, 2004, 09:57:18 am »
i  ...i didn't have a banner, only a St George flag with nothing written on it, i was surprised this was almost the only St George flag i saw, and was embarassed when someone told me "we're Scousers, not English"...

Liverpool fans tend not to be Nationalistic at all.
Doesn't matter where you're from - if you can play football you're fine by us. We try and disassociate ourselves from the wankers that the English national team tends to . We have a lot more respect for the oppositions team and fans and most places we visit seem to be amazed at how we mingle with them without any bother at all.

Piercey excepted of course  ;D

well that's what it used to be like anyway - who knows how it will end up now that our support has gone all "Tottenham"

Offline Nicoliverpool

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We shall not be moved
« Reply #24 on: March 31, 2004, 01:55:40 pm »
We have a lot more respect for the oppositions team and fans and most places we visit seem to be amazed at how we mingle with them without any bother at all.

That's exactly how i felt it. I might not bring my St George flag then next time... Anyway, i doubt next time will be soon for me   :'(
Yanks out

Offline [delete]

• Grafton Irregular
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: April 5, 2004, 02:17:34 am »
I got a ticket no problem through Barnes with a mates fan card (My fan card had already had a ticket off it)