Author Topic: The muppet free Alberto Aquilani topic  (Read 58032 times)

Offline Young Young

• Kopite
Re: Alberto Aquilani
« Reply #80 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:16 pm »
Aquilani and Joe Cole looking sharp for this time of the year..

Offline reds9

• Anny Roader
« Reply #81 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:18 pm »
Keep him at all cost.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
  • My karma just ran over your dogma
« Reply #82 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:26 pm »
           I couldn't witness the game but the number of times I went through the names Acqilani, Aqua, AQUILANI, Alberto, Albert in the friendly game thread just makes me realize how fuckin good he was. He got to stay put.
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #83 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:32 pm »
Mark Wright thinks he's shit.

And a few of our friendly supporters too....

Offline StevieSuarezJoe

• Anny Roader
  • I Hate you because I loved you so much
« Reply #84 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:41 pm »
The vision he possess is just Immense.
Proud Melbourne Red

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Third try: Alberto Aquilani
« Reply #85 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »
I think his best attribute is his vision and his ability to move the ball into incisive areas. Not only can he do this, but he can do it whilst playing at a high tempo. One second he is about to receive a pass, the next second he has released one of our strikers in behind the opposition defense. Its his speed of thought, its sublime

With the movement of Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez, it can only be of benefit to him.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline CarlitoB

• [color=white]CT fucked about with in unoriginal manner.[/color] Likes to brew up a storm in a teacup... (no one died in the making of this CT)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: July 16, 2011, 12:52:43 pm »
There aren't any arguments against him staying.  Well, unless you're a contrarian cockend (I'm so tempted to name a few names here).

He's class, always has been, the only issue was fitness, and now it isn't one.
"God will forgive them. He'll forgive them and allow them into Heaven. I can't live with that."

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #87 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:02 pm »
Think you've said this around 4 times now. We know, but it's always good to see our players performing well.

Agreed Hazell.
Cole played well first half didnt he.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #88 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:18 pm »
Said it before and I'll say it again, Alberto Aquilani will thrive on the football we're going to play under Kenny.  Stupid, stupid mistake sending him on loan last year.

Offline gtazn

• Anny Roader
  • YNWA
« Reply #89 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:37 pm »
Aquilani was immense indeed.

However, I don't understand why people are bringing Meireles into this. Having both on the pitch at the same time would be absolutely awesome. One's boss at picking out a pass, the other's boss at making intelligent runs.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 12:57:53 pm by gtazn »

Offline mayday

• Kopite
  • Keep the faith
« Reply #90 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:46 pm »
The way he plays means that players around him must raise their game to match his.

Even John W Henry said he was our missing link last season. Well said boss!

In Brendan We Trust

Offline mehulb10

• Main Stander
« Reply #91 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:47 pm »
what a class player hopes he stays would be great under kenny.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #92 on: July 16, 2011, 12:53:50 pm »
Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Meireles, Aquilani
Can't fit them all into the midfield  :-\

Sell one and put the other in the bench. We need to keep the better player, and without a doubt Aquilani is the one.

Offline LiverpoolForever

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exit Calm new single ''The Rapture'' out Feb 18.
« Reply #93 on: July 16, 2011, 12:54:03 pm »
If only we had an owner who knew how to spell our players names and didn't criticise people for talking about Ngog leaving after we had agreed a fee for him to leave.

I hope to God some one has hacked his account because the last thing we need is a clueless owner undermining the football people at the Club.

Good grief...

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #94 on: July 16, 2011, 12:54:10 pm »
Aquilani playing just ahead of Adam and Gerrard would be nice.

Carroll/Kuyt
          Suarez
Adam Aqualini Gerrard
          Lucas

Offline Billy The Kid

• Out of the closet with a whiet shirt on, but would pay a fiver not to be gay...Would prefer to give his manliness to someone rather than receive theirs especially Amir in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm Your Huckleberry
« Reply #95 on: July 16, 2011, 12:54:24 pm »
With the movement of Lucas, Gerrard and Suarez, it can only be of benefit to him.

Suarez and Aquilani in the same side is boner inducing. It truly is.
When overtaken by defeat, as you may be many times, remember than mans faith in his own ability is tested many times before he is crowned with final victory. Defeats are nothing more than challenges to keep trying.” – Napoleon Hill.

Offline L.Suarez

• Kopite
  • When there snow hope, support.
« Reply #96 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:01 pm »
I hope for Downing on the left, Stevie on the right, and a Lucas - Aquilani midlefield.

Offline Alpherah

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #97 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:10 pm »
Lucas, Gerrard, Adam, Meireles, Aquilani
Can't fit them all into the midfield  :-\

Meireles should be the one to go for me.
He's not as comfortable as Lucas 'sitting'
He's not as explosive as Gerrard.
His long range passing isnt as good as Adam's
and his pass and move isnt as good as Aquilani

However if we are playing 4-3-3 .. 5 solid midfield options for 3 places is a kind of depth we've been craving for years.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:36 pm »
Sell one and put the other in the bench. We need to keep the better player, and without a doubt Aquilani is the one.

Lets not get carried away. Its 45 minutes of a pre season friendly against players 99% of us will never see play another game. He was head and shoulders above the rest without a doubt though
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:39 pm »
Aquilani was immense indeed.

However, I don't understand why people are brining Meireles into this. Having both on the pitch at the same time would be absolutely awesome. One's boss at picking out a pass, the other's boss at making intelligent runs.

Gerrard and Adam and Lucas and ........ ???
Vedanta uncompromisingly insists that man is essentially perfect, and therefore infinite are the possibilities that lie lurking in him

Online TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #100 on: July 16, 2011, 12:55:44 pm »
I love his touch and desire to move the ball quickly, really hope we keep hold of him as I gwnuinely think he'll be a great asset with Kenny managing him. Yes the opposition isn't great defensively, but he was still working in tight spaces and very composed and clever with the ball.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #101 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:08 pm »
on my feed john barnes stated that it is probabaly too late for him at liverpool and that the league won't afford him the time on the ball he had today.  hope that isn't true as he's perfect for the pass and move style we should be playing.

Have to disagree with Digger there. Don't know where this myth that 'you don't get time in the Premier league' came from. Oh wait, the English media and Sly Sports hype. If you watch games closely, you'll see that the midfield battle in the PL is nowhere near as intense as Sly Sports et al would have you believe. In a lot of games, especially in the second half, there is an abundance of space. Chelsea vs Spurs at White Hart Lane last season is Exhibit A. That game stands out because of the crazy amount of space in the final third.

Offline Wish Matrix

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:18 pm »
He is so boss he have two threads in one day.
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him (Jurgen Klopp) as the next Liverpool manager

Offline AriGold

• David James's stunt double
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hendo is boss.
« Reply #103 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:28 pm »
He was brilliant today, but it is only a pre season friendly against shitters. Some of the comments are a little OTT, the thing that winds me up is, as soon as he has 1 bad game, these same people will be calling for his head.
DON'T BUY THE S*N!

Twitter... www.twitter.com/wickolfc

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:29 pm »
Been banging the drum since his first season. I still maintain he could be at least as good and impactful as Alonso was. Silly pre season or no silly pre season, he's always obviously been a class player. It's just funny how some people thought he was shite when he played those few games for us.

He stays fit, he becomes our best midfielder since Alonso and the only one capable of stringing the ball from our keeper to a goal for us.

Can't wait to see him with Stevie and Kuyt again, and now he'll have a stronger Lucas who can keep everything stable and players like Downing Carroll and... Suarez. Imagine the chaos Stevie, Aquilani and Suarez will stir up.
Thing about midfield players is that they need playing time on the pitch. We have so many player's now fighting for those few positions I hope we don't keep chopping and changing. Find your best formation in midfield and stick with it. Aquilani/Lucas/Adam with Gerrard playing an advanced attacking position could also be an option. Both Adam/Aquilani's instinct to play the quick forward ball could really benefit Gerrard and Suarez.
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline _Lfc_

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *YNWA*
« Reply #105 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:31 pm »
Played very well today. But he was playing against inferior oppisition. The lad deserves a proper chance and if he can produce those preformences in the league then great.

I enjoyed that attempt from the halfway line,think we may see alot of them this season :)

Offline ...

• Better than "Wall's Viennetta". Fact.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:37 pm »
Said it before and I'll say it again, Alberto Aquilani will thrive on the football we're going to play under Kenny.  Stupid, stupid mistake sending him on loan last year.

He's still injury prone, let's not forget that.

Offline mayday

• Kopite
  • Keep the faith
« Reply #107 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:47 pm »
Looking forward to seeing him and Gerrard click together.
In Brendan We Trust

Offline IndianaRed

• Aaarghhh!!!!... my eyes!!!!... my eyes!!!!..
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:56 pm »
I think his best attribute is his vision and his ability to move the ball into incisive areas. Not only can he do this, but he can do it whilst playing at a high tempo. One second he is about to receive a pass, the next second he has released one of our strikers in behind the opposition defense. Its his speed of thought, its sublime

Yep.  I've always said his vision is his best attribute - he can see what's going to happen two or three passes before it happens.  He can predict what our 'unpredictable' strikers are going to do, and that combination would leave oppo defenders in the dust.  He's absolutely brilliant as a playmaker.  Even during his first season with us I was telling my arsenal supporting mate that Aquilani would do wonders for them; he agreed.  I'm just glad he plays for us and that it seems like there's a good chance he'll be staying this season.

Offline rawKBottom

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: July 16, 2011, 12:56:58 pm »
         I am sure Stevie will fancy the competition and the push coming from Aquilani to play just behind the strikers.

Offline Marko B

• Legacy Fan
  • Ray Osbourne RIP
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:07 pm »
John_W_Henry John W. Henry
One missing link last year: Acquilani. Put the ball near Ngog and the goal and it's going in. Too much talk of them somewhere else.

He doesn't want to be here/we don't want someone who doesn't want to be here/why are we talking about someone who doesn't want to be here etc etc etc...
Quote from: Rafa Benitez
“I was not fighting for the power. I didn’t need more power. I was fighting for the future of the club.”

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:17 pm »
on my feed john barnes stated that it is probabaly too late for him at liverpool and that the league won't afford him the time on the ball he had today.  hope that isn't true as he's perfect for the pass and move style we should be playing.
What is digger's twitter name?
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline Anywhichwayicant

• Clique member #2,367, #FakeNews. Banned Closet Bluenose. "Captain, I am sensing the bleeding obvious!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm too moist and tender to retire.
« Reply #112 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:18 pm »
Dear Aquilani doubters,

Yours Sincerely,
Anywhichwayucan

Offline CallumLFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »
However, I don't understand why people are brining Meireles into this. Having both on the pitch at the same time would be absolutely awesome. One's boss at picking out a pass, the other's boss at making intelligent runs.

It doesn't make financial sense keeping both in all honestly.

The £10m we get for Meireles can be used for a CB.

Offline MKelly34

• Legacy Fan
  • Kelly's lover (not really)
« Reply #114 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:33 pm »
The side doesn't matter. This wasn't the only game he played like this. This is just another proof of his quality.

Would be the biggest mistake to sell him, no doubt about that.

But that tweet from Henry made me feel a lot better.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:49 pm »
Agreed Hazell.
Cole played well first half didnt he.

Mixed half. With the type of player he is, he's always going to hold onto the ball a little bit longer than he should and sometimes it'll be to our advantage. Unfortunately, it wasn't for most of the first half today and wasn't for last season. Given the type of footballers that we have and the way I'd want us to play/the way we're looking to play, I don't think he'll fit in here and be a regular.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline aoaaron

• Clueless
  • Kopite
« Reply #116 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:51 pm »
I love Raul's off the ball movement and that goal scoring run he had last season.

However, if I was going to sell one of them... it'd be him because of his age, his ineffectiveness in any position other than centre midfield and Gerrard being our box to box man.

If we were in European competition, I could see us keeping all five and giving them decent playing time. As it stands, can't see it.

Someone was spot on with the Modric comparison. If we play Aquilani how Modric is played at spurs, we will get the best out of him.

Online 1892tillforever

• "Just call me................daddy.............!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Either the curtains go or I do
« Reply #117 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:57 pm »

It's up there with signing PFK and Poulsen.
Roy Hodgson, What A Guy!

Offline Ste08

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: July 16, 2011, 12:57:58 pm »
His quality was never in doubt but people were well within there right to question his mentality and whether he truly wanted it here.  He played well again today, i hope he can continue that into the new season.   

Offline Euskadi

• Legacy Fan
  • Main Stander
« Reply #119 on: July 16, 2011, 12:58:30 pm »
It just goes to show what injuries can do to someone's career, he was one of the big Italian talents everyone was talking about him (in Italy) but the injury setbacks just didn't allow him fulfill his true potential. One full season of football and he looks so confident and comfortable on the ball.  :lickin
;D  Mate of mine and me are the same, everyone swears we are brothers when we're out. He calls me slaphead, I call him slaphead, so when I see him I go "slap" and he replies "slap. People be looking and thinking what the f**k are these 2 on  ;D
but he's a blue nose, so he's a c*nt

as per "Slaphead" on the 10th May 2018