Author Topic: Reds agree Adam deal  (Read 140584 times)

Offline EFoley

• Main Stander
Re: Reds agree Adam deal
« Reply #1280 on: July 6, 2011, 10:06:47 pm »
I really think its ridiculous that people can't get it into there heads that squad depth is a good thing?

Offline Torpedo Tommy

• Legacy Fan
  • Always next year!
« Reply #1281 on: July 6, 2011, 10:06:59 pm »
I'm chuffed with this signing. Brings a lot to Anfield

Welcome Charlie - best o' luck

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1282 on: July 6, 2011, 10:11:24 pm »
free kicks that may genuinely go in..can't wait
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1283 on: July 6, 2011, 10:11:30 pm »
I really think its ridiculous that people can't get it into there heads that squad depth is a good thing?

Because they're nob heads who moan about everything, especially because he isn't called Carlos Adaminho.

Wait until he puts on the shirt and plays a few games before sharpening your knives eh lads? I remember someone saying here a few weeks ago, Liverpool FC has never bought stars, it's made them.
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1284 on: July 6, 2011, 10:11:58 pm »

*ahem* Suarez

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1285 on: July 6, 2011, 10:12:19 pm »

Exactly what I was thinking about 20 seconds ago.
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline Mal

• adjusted. The Preston Heston is Aylesbury Ducked. Accepts rubbers from any Dick.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1286 on: July 6, 2011, 10:12:21 pm »

And corners that might be productive.

Wonders will never cease.
@ManifoldReasons

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1287 on: July 6, 2011, 10:13:08 pm »
At what point, does it stop being squad depth and the squad becomes over bloated?

We've got ten central midfielders in our squad, does that not equate to the squad being bloated?

Offline nevoo36

• Not One Of Us.
  • Kopite
« Reply #1288 on: July 6, 2011, 10:14:50 pm »
About bleeding time, I have had a bit of a hard on for Charlie Adam for a while and I truly think he will be the difference in us being probable top 4 contenders to potential title challengers.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1289 on: July 6, 2011, 10:15:42 pm »
At what point, does it stop being squad depth and the squad becomes over bloated?

We've got ten central midfielders in our squad, does that not equate to the squad being bloated?

No cause some of them CM your counting can play in different positions.

Some players will also be sold.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1290 on: July 6, 2011, 10:15:47 pm »

Gerrard
Henderson
Lucas
Adam
Aquilani
Meireles
Poulsen
Shelvey

Out of those 8, 4 can play in wider positions. Gerrard, Shelvey, Adam and Henderson.

We have depth but we also have options.

Online Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1291 on: July 6, 2011, 10:16:01 pm »
I have warmed to us signing him after my initial misgivings. It does seem the lad I remember from his Ross County and St Mirren days might have grown up a bit now.

He is certainly capable of some wonderful moments...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tVPYJRzH180

I did post it months ago when all this madness first started, but you might actually want to watch it now. Sorry for the poor quality of the clip in advance.

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #1292 on: July 6, 2011, 10:17:15 pm »

When haven't we been weigh laden with centrally biased players in the last 10 years.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline passandmove85

• Main Stander
« Reply #1293 on: July 6, 2011, 10:18:29 pm »
Gerrard
Henderson
Lucas
Adam
Aquilani
Meireles
Poulsen
Shelvey

Out of those 8, 4 can play in wider positions. Gerrard, Shelvey, Adam and Henderson.

Surely we've seen the last of Poulsen in a red shirt too, even if he does sit out his contract.

hoonin

« Reply #1294 on: July 6, 2011, 10:19:19 pm »
Good news. Glad it's finally sorted and look forward to seeing what Kenny, Clarke and Keen can do with him.

Can see us lining up with a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 3-5-2 or maybe even a bold and ground breaking 3-1-3-1-2 or 3-2-1-3-3 formation this year.

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1295 on: July 6, 2011, 10:19:20 pm »
Surely we've seen the last of Poulsen in a red shirt too, even if he does sit out his contract.

One (all) can only hope mate.

Offline buzzing

• Fart bottling, Men and Motors watching, meat washing scaffold erector.
  • Legacy Fan
  • R.I.P
« Reply #1296 on: July 6, 2011, 10:19:30 pm »
I think we are signing our replacement for Alonso in this guy.

Aquilani and/or Meireles will leave this Summer.

Think Henderson is the xabi. Henderson's ability to pick out a pass looks really good
"You have to admire animals. Hamster spun round in a wheel three times bigger than him and abruptly lands on his back. Then just gets up and carries on as if nothing happened! If that was a human he'd be helicoptered to hospital, off work for 6 months have back issues for 20 years and then start legal proceedings against the wheels owner"

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1297 on: July 6, 2011, 10:19:49 pm »

Do you need reassurance?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1298 on: July 6, 2011, 10:21:27 pm »
Good news. Glad it's finally sorted and look forward to seeing what Kenny, Clarke and Keen can do with him.

Can see us lining up with a 4-4-2, 4-3-3, 4-2-3-1, 4-1-3-2, 3-5-2 or maybe even a bold and ground breaking 3-1-3-1-2 or 3-2-1-3-3 formation this year.
Fucking hell, you're like Ted Rogers with a stammer.
@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.

Offline AnnieRoad(Un)Faithful

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • Olivavu
« Reply #1299 on: July 6, 2011, 10:21:28 pm »
Think Henderson is the xabi. Henderson's ability to pick out a pass looks really good

You're right, it does...but Adam can ping the ball around bloody well too.

Pass and move alright!
"It's there to remind our lads who they're playing for, and to remind the opposition who they're playing against."

Offline farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
« Reply #1300 on: July 6, 2011, 10:22:09 pm »
Yes. But also, if Gerrard ever again takes a corner with Adam on the pitch, I'd be pissed. First, Adam has better delivery, and secondly, more importantly, Gerrard is more dangerous at the edge of the box.
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline sneakyg

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1301 on: July 6, 2011, 10:25:44 pm »
im not sure where he is gonna play, not sure what this means for raol, but glad this is finally over (well moreless)

hope he keeps us his form and improves his game when he doesnt have the ball.

not over the moon with the signing, but happy.

hope we get someone of the 'suarez' status now

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1302 on: July 6, 2011, 10:26:53 pm »

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #1303 on: July 6, 2011, 10:28:13 pm »
Adam for me is the kind of player, hopefully with us to, who will go looking for the ball and change a game. No disrespect to them both, but Shelvey (at the moment) and Spearing, who I thought was great last season, to me anyway, aren't that kind of player. (assuming Lucas and Stevie will be first choice). We need someone else in the side who can see the killer pass or set piece, and Adam can do that.

We've needed another player with a bit of vision for a while now, and he's a steal at this price.
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline benn25

• Finger licker
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1304 on: July 6, 2011, 10:29:06 pm »
At fucking last. What a drawn out affair that was. I hope he's worth 200 odd pages.
We just leave them be for a while, take a breather, let them settle, then bang!  All over them like a tramp on chips.

Offline Ambrosia

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1305 on: July 6, 2011, 10:29:07 pm »

Shelvey? the few times he was played on the wings he's struggled. Don't think he's a wide player.

Point taken with the rest. However, we should still be looking to get rid of a few midfielders before we can claim it's squad depth we've got and not a bloated squad.

When haven't we been weigh laden with centrally biased players in the last 10 years.
Touché.

hoonin

« Reply #1306 on: July 6, 2011, 10:29:08 pm »

:D

Offline Gifted Right Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1307 on: July 6, 2011, 10:31:50 pm »
Great news! Welcome to the club

Offline Anfield Kopite

• Will vote for anyone who gives out
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1308 on: July 6, 2011, 10:33:27 pm »

Brilliant :)

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #1309 on: July 6, 2011, 10:34:09 pm »
Welcome Charley - please stay away from RAWK (unless a tin-hat was in your LFC induction pack)
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias

Offline CHOPPER

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1310 on: July 6, 2011, 10:35:07 pm »
Dusty bin
Thats right you spotted it, laden which if you split it, is la - den. Den could mean somewhere to stay or Den, as in dirty Den, and what else is dirty?...yes, you've got it...lets see our old friend dusty bin. *applause* you've managed to move our old friend away so lets see if you've won the holiday.....remember the clue? - Kill everyone, save yourself, shoot the children first....now, I wonder what that could mean, lets open the envelope..........

Offline Callaghan.

• Enjoys a roasted nut (preferably the 'TonyTheRedNosedReindeer' variety)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1311 on: July 6, 2011, 10:38:45 pm »
Thats right you spotted it, laden which if you split it, is la - den. Den could mean somewhere to stay or Den, as in dirty Den, and what else is dirty?...yes, you've got it...lets see our old friend dusty bin. *applause* you've managed to move our old friend away so lets see if you've won the holiday.....remember the clue? - Kill everyone, save yourself, shoot the children first....now, I wonder what that could mean, lets open the envelope..........

:) nutcase

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
« Reply #1312 on: July 6, 2011, 10:42:02 pm »

'SHAUSHAGES'

Offline redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1313 on: July 6, 2011, 10:43:54 pm »
Is this like one of those concentration tests where you have to find the odd number?
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline EFoley

• Main Stander
« Reply #1314 on: July 6, 2011, 10:45:13 pm »
Is this like one of those concentration tests where you have to find the odd number?

Found it!

3-2-1-3-3 formation this year.

Offline Drake31

• Legacy Fan
  • all hail king kenny
« Reply #1315 on: July 6, 2011, 11:02:57 pm »
KOPWATCHKopwatch
Jonjo Shelvey and Stephen Darby heading for Bloomfield Road on season-long loan deals as part of the agreement for Adam deal. #LFC dunno how reliable it is a source just thought i would share :)
"IF YOU CAN'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE LOSE OR DRAW, DON'T SUPPORT US WHEN WE WIN!" Heed this advice or get the fuck off our forum.

hoonin

« Reply #1316 on: July 6, 2011, 11:08:19 pm »

Indeed it is. As Rolf would say, have you got it yet....?

Found it!

Twat!

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #1317 on: July 6, 2011, 11:09:55 pm »
im not sure where he is gonna play, not sure what this means for raol, but glad this is finally over (well moreless)
Raol Moreless?

Offline Raul!

• No nude LFC topics - Sir Raul la di Dah of Coverpoint - Imminently Female
  • Legacy Fan
  • My nipples explode with delight
« Reply #1318 on: July 6, 2011, 11:13:27 pm »
Breathe motherfucker breathe

Online skipper757

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1319 on: July 6, 2011, 11:20:30 pm »
Get in.  Glad this is sorted.  A very good midfielder who can provide us with a different skillset.
King Kenny.