Author Topic: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences  (Read 1254185 times)

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: Dave's TV Snobbery Topic with added Low Brow Self Indulgences
« Reply #16280 on: May 18, 2024, 10:48:20 pm »
Is that what you say on parents evening?  ;D
I’m more into running the parents evenings than the details to be honest
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• Kenny's Vegan Jacket Potato. Talks more sense than me.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #16281 on: May 19, 2024, 10:45:26 am »
“Assuming it is true”, rather than “if” would have been better I guess.  I say this because the woman who came forwards states it wasn’t (although she acted in a way that made me suspect she maybe wasn’t telling the truth). Truth is subjective though and depends on your view point.  Especially artistic truth. What’s truer?his emotions? His memory? It’s hard for me to say.

And to be fair to the chap I’m not sure in his wildest dreams that he could have ever expected his one man stage show to become the number one tv show across the world. Might he have done it differently if he’s known? Maybe, maybe not.

Fiona Harvey is looking to sue Netflix and Gadd.   It should have been presented as based on true story rather than a true story.

The TV producer rapist seems to be getting away lightly

https://variety.com/2024/tv/global/baby-reindeer-does-real-martha-have-case-libel-netflix-1236006607/
« Last Edit: May 19, 2024, 10:54:22 am by Kenny's Jacket »
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16282 on: May 19, 2024, 07:54:51 pm »
Fiona Harvey is looking to sue Netflix and Gadd.   It should have been presented as based on true story rather than a true story.

The TV producer rapist seems to be getting away lightly

https://variety.com/2024/tv/global/baby-reindeer-does-real-martha-have-case-libel-netflix-1236006607/

Netflix's lack of editorial oversight coming to bite them on the arse then.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #16283 on: May 20, 2024, 10:17:10 am »
I haven't read up on it - but what happened with the real life TV producer? Was he investigated by the police?

Offline Ciara (with a capital "C")

• Not fussed on Krispy Kremes
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Taylor Swift is fucking awesome. #FreeAdnan
« Reply #16284 on: May 20, 2024, 10:25:35 am »
Netflix would have done their due dilligence surely? They'd have seen evidence that this was a 'true story' - and it would be easy to provide assuming he still has emails, voicemails etc...? And that's the end of it? A conviction is probably easy to look up too?

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #16285 on: May 20, 2024, 12:03:06 pm »
It’s likely she’s unhinged. She’s sent hundreds of emails to Starmer in the last few months too

These seem entirely consistent with those in the programme
« Last Edit: May 20, 2024, 04:59:12 pm by TepidT2O »
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16286 on: May 20, 2024, 12:05:41 pm »
I haven't read up on it - but what happened with the real life TV producer? Was he investigated by the police?

Knowing the BBC he probably got promoted.

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16287 on: May 20, 2024, 12:10:24 pm »
She's a racist too. There's a lot of evidence for that in her social media postings (I believe in the emails to Starmer too)

She may be unhinged but she's well enough to seek help and has been in trouble enough before to know that she needs to do that. At some point she is responsible for herself, definitely doesn't deserve sympathy. I appreciate there is still a conversation to be had in regards to the true story thing, but on a personal level I struggle to have sympathy.  to be honest on some level I think she probably loves the attention this has brought her. That type of person is like that.

Offline kaesarsosei

• Brutally bad.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16288 on: May 20, 2024, 03:31:23 pm »
I'm laughing at those Starmer emails because it shows she really does sign her emails with Sent from my iPhone, but I'm also somewhat curious as to how these got leaked?

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #16289 on: May 20, 2024, 03:39:17 pm »
It’s likely she’s unhinged. She’s shit hundreds of emails to Starmer in the last few months too

These seem entirely consistent with those in the programme

This is the problem with making these people famous via programmes etc... I really think it's weird to promote unhinged people, you have people loving this, true crime stuff and being "fascinated" by physochit behaviour, all very weird to me.

That lady needs serious help.

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16290 on: May 20, 2024, 03:41:02 pm »
Those emails are from 2020 no? Not that it changes much!

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16291 on: May 20, 2024, 03:45:24 pm »
Netflix would have done their due dilligence surely? They'd have seen evidence that this was a 'true story' - and it would be easy to provide assuming he still has emails, voicemails etc...? And that's the end of it? A conviction is probably easy to look up too?

Netflix are facing all sorts of lawsuits for content they've released. I watched something recently where they were talking about Netflix having a lack of, or no, editorial oversight on shows so they can get original content released asap.

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16292 on: May 20, 2024, 04:07:06 pm »
Does Nick ever read this thread, surely he can do something with Tepid's latest typo?
As I've said before, the Full English is just the base upon which the Scots/Welsh/NI have improved upon. Sorry but the Full English is the worst of the British breakfasts.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16293 on: May 20, 2024, 04:56:29 pm »
Does Nick ever read this thread, surely he can do something with Tepid's latest typo?

I thought that part was true :D

The return of the Chang.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #16294 on: May 20, 2024, 09:26:38 pm »
Mate's daughter currently starring in C4's The Gathering...,first role and she's boss ...proper northend Scouse accent too...great to hear divvy back on mainstream TV 8)
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16295 on: May 20, 2024, 11:27:05 pm »
^ just seen that advertised - defo be watching - love it   8)

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16296 on: May 21, 2024, 08:05:59 am »
Just watched the first episode of the 2024 reboot of ‘Rebus’ on BBC

Really good opener.  Gritty crime drama set in Edinburgh. Very similar to Irving Welsh’s “Crime”.

Rebus and Ray Lennox are very similar characters.

Qite enjoying Rebus, but the accents are doing my head in. Can't stand the east coast accent.

All very grim scenery, as you say, so you can imagine my shock when the show has a scene filmed about a 5 minute walk away from my house at the start of the 4th episode. And to make matters worse, it's supposed to be in Fife. I was livid.

Jimmy McJagger though. ;D

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16297 on: May 21, 2024, 08:17:16 am »
Qite enjoying Rebus, but the accents are doing my head in. Can't stand the east coast accent.

All very grim scenery, as you say, so you can imagine my shock when the show has a scene filmed about a 5 minute walk away from my house at the start of the 4th episode. And to make matters worse, it's supposed to be in Fife. I was livid.

Jimmy McJagger though. ;D

I love seeing familiar places on TV. Absolutely Loads of stuff got filmed near my office and pubs in Manchester
I used to live in Glasgow so will also be keeping a look out for familiar stuff on Rebus.

Offline Musketeer Gripweed

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16298 on: May 21, 2024, 08:51:06 am »
I love seeing familiar places on TV. Absolutely Loads of stuff got filmed near my office and pubs in Manchester
I used to live in Glasgow so will also be keeping a look out for familiar stuff on Rebus.

I think it is mostly filmed in Edinburgh and Fife, that's why I was so surprised to see my wee town on it.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #16299 on: May 21, 2024, 09:26:50 am »
Loved that first episode of Rebus...was tempted to binge watch the full series, but will view weekly...much more rewarding I find...
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16300 on: May 21, 2024, 10:36:47 am »
Mate's daughter currently starring in C4's The Gathering...,first role and she's boss ...proper northend Scouse accent too...great to hear divvy back on mainstream TV 8)

The Gathering is great, 3 episodes in and I'm fully addicted. If your mate's daughter plays Kelly, it's incredible that's her first role!
Thank you Jurgen

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16301 on: May 21, 2024, 10:41:37 am »
I'm enjoying Rebus so far, but it doesn't feel like Rebus at all to me. Not how I picture John Rebus in my head at all.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #16302 on: May 21, 2024, 11:16:26 am »
The Gathering is great, 3 episodes in and I'm fully addicted. If your mate's daughter plays Kelly, it's incredible that's her first role!

Yep, Eva Morgan aka Kelly....she's had some glowing reviews for this...made up for her

Offline Kenny's Jacket

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16303 on: May 23, 2024, 12:17:10 pm »
Yep, Eva Morgan aka Kelly....she's had some glowing reviews for this...made up for her

Its a great show, very stressful though - Eva has been really, really good

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16304 on: May 23, 2024, 12:19:56 pm »
This is the problem with making these people famous via programmes etc... I really think it's weird to promote unhinged people, you have people loving this, true crime stuff and being "fascinated" by physochit behaviour, all very weird to me.

That lady needs serious help.

Thought those prompting this type of hyped up shite had learned their lesson after the Jeremy Kyle fatality.

But obviously not.

Offline Peabee

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16305 on: May 23, 2024, 01:50:38 pm »

She was great. Amazed to hear it's her first role.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16306 on: May 23, 2024, 07:51:05 pm »
Just caught on to the ‘White House Plumbers’ a highly fictionalised account of the Watergate break in and aftermath.

Well worth a watch.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16307 on: May 23, 2024, 08:34:50 pm »
Just caught on to the ‘White House Plumbers’ a highly fictionalised account of the Watergate break in and aftermath.

Well worth a watch.

I have had that downloaded on my planner for absolutely ages but never got around to it! This might be the push I needed!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16308 on: May 23, 2024, 08:37:21 pm »
3 episodes into 6 of the Tattooist of Auschwitz and I am not sure I want to finish it.

I have been to Auschwitz 3 times, I’m a bit fascinated by it all but this is quite a hard watch for me. You can tell the quality is good but I don’t enjoy the older Lali/writer who doesn’t do any writing bit. And the love story isn’t really talking hold of me - all round just find it a bit meh. And it’s hard to watch meh when the subject is so harrowing.

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16309 on: May 24, 2024, 07:18:20 pm »
Theres a new series of Stephen Merchants The Outlaws next week. Bit surprised as I thought it ended pretty well last time.

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16310 on: May 24, 2024, 09:54:43 pm »
Theres a new series of Stephen Merchants The Outlaws next week. Bit surprised as I thought it ended pretty well last time.
Interesting, the last series was brilliantly written and brilliantly acted. I'll look forward to it.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16311 on: May 25, 2024, 12:44:14 am »

I didn't finish the first, so have a nice binge to look forward to.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline red mongoose

• Every day he's funnelling. Twisted firestarter. Just once he'd like to get something right on here. We're waiting too. Everything he does, he does it for us!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Crawl in under the shadow of this red rock
« Reply #16312 on: May 25, 2024, 09:36:37 pm »
Is that older series "Spooks" with Matthew McFadyen worth watching now? Just saw it pop up on Amazon.
At the hole where he went in
Red-Eye called to Wrinkle-Skin.
Hear what little Red-Eye saith:
"Nag, come up and dance with death!'"

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16313 on: May 25, 2024, 09:39:28 pm »
Is that older series "Spooks" with Matthew McFadyen worth watching now? Just saw it pop up on Amazon.

Yeah.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16314 on: May 26, 2024, 07:16:55 pm »
I have had that downloaded on my planner for absolutely ages but never got around to it! This might be the push I needed!

Quite a few laugh out loud moments as well.

Online afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #16315 on: May 26, 2024, 07:31:48 pm »
Finally watching Kin, series 1, just finished the episode with Julius Caesar tripping balls... badly...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #16316 on: May 28, 2024, 09:12:51 am »
New limited series starring Benedict Cumberbatch only 6 episodes comes to Netflix on the 30th May

It looking interesting

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eGaAl_8QW2c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eGaAl_8QW2c</a>
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 09:36:20 am by Trada »
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16317 on: May 28, 2024, 09:39:25 am »
New limited series starring Benedict Cumberbatch only 6 episodes comes to Netflix on the 30th May

It looking interesting

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/eGaAl_8QW2c" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/eGaAl_8QW2c</a>

Loved him in Patrick Melrose and of course superb as Sherlock Holmes.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2024, 09:46:54 am by BarryCrocker »
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16318 on: May 28, 2024, 04:47:53 pm »
Has anyone watched Boiling Point (series)...?

Really enjoyed it but there's no S2 in the works. Was this casualty of the pandemic or something?

Why are they making a series with so many different storylines still running but ended it after 4 episodes?

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #16319 on: May 28, 2024, 07:43:54 pm »
Enjoying season 2 of Tokyo Vice on iplayer.