Author Topic: Michael Owen  (Read 356513 times)

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Michael Owen hits out at Fabio Capello for his England exile
« Reply #440 on: September 25, 2011, 06:41:02 pm »

Offline Agger

• Do Do Do.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: September 25, 2011, 06:43:58 pm »
"I was born to score goals, I feel. How I score them – how I get the ball into the back of the net – might have changed. The actual ability of what I was born to do will never leave me," he says. "I used to be able to create a lot for other people, move defences all over the park, make great diagonal runs into channels, turn and beat players. I can't do that as much as I used to be able to. But what I've done is refine my game to be more clever, get into different positions, be more instinctive around the box."

Don't be so shy now Michael.
If there was ever a reason for human cloning, Steven Gerrard is it.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #442 on: September 25, 2011, 06:45:26 pm »
"I was born to score goals, I feel. How I score them – how I get the ball into the back of the net – might have changed. The actual ability of what I was born to do will never leave me," he says. "I used to be able to create a lot for other people, move defences all over the park, make great diagonal runs into channels, turn and beat players. I can't do that as much as I used to be able to. But what I've done is refine my game to be more clever, get into different positions, be more instinctive around the box."

Glad to see he's still quality (at Carrington).
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Father Ted

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #443 on: September 25, 2011, 06:49:24 pm »
Some excellent buzzwords for the next self-promotional pamphlet he has to produce.

"Refined his game"
"Diagonal runs"
"Clever"
"Instinctive"
"Box"
"Balls"
"Goal"
"Foot"

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #444 on: September 25, 2011, 06:50:55 pm »
Brian Reade, from Saturday's Mirror.

The first thing to say about Michael Owen is that whatever he does with his life is up to him.

When you've won every trophy except the Champions League at three of the world's biggest clubs, been European Footballer of The Year and you're a multi-millionaire with a lucrative life in another sport, it's up to you if you're content grabbing headlines for Carling Cup goals against lower league opposition.

The second thing to say is what a waste that such a driven professional is happy to be fifth or sixth choice striker at Manchester Unted when he is only 31 and still has something to offer.

How sad that instead of raging against the dying light of his career, one of the greatest goalscorers of recent times is happy to sit back and put positive spin on his role as a bit-part player in a drama that doesn't need him.

He may technically have a better goals-per-minute ratio than the other United strikers but that's because most of his goals have come in the Carlng Cup. He may truly prefer "playing less often in a top team than every game in a poor one" but next weekend marks a year since he last started a Premier League game.

He may argue there are lots of great strikers at United so you have to be patient. But the truth is Wayne Rooney and Javier Hernandez are first choice, Danny Wellbeck and Federico Macheda are young and still learning, and Dimitar Berbatov is on huge money and happy to wait for one final lucrative move to a big club.

But Owen is going nowhere. Struggling to make the bench and not even loved by many of his own fans who see him as a Scouser fallen on hard times. (One even tweeted to him after the 3-0 win at Leeds: "Good 1-0 win tonight. Your goals don't count.")

The most baffling aspect of Owen accepting such mediocrity is that he has unlimited self-belief. He will genuinely feel that, apart from Rooney, there is no other English striker more capable of scoring at next summer's Euros.

So why doesn't he get out of his comfort zone and try to prove it? Why doesn't he make two phone-calls: one to David Moyes asking if he'll take him in January on the same £35,000-a-week he's on at United, the other to Alex Ferguson asking to be released from a one-year contract he should never have signed.

Everton, who Owen's dad played for and he supported as a boy, are crying out for a proven striker they don't have to pay a fee for. Unlike his miserable time at Newcastle, Moyes will have Everton challenging for Europe, playing decent football to feet. And Owen won't have to move an inch from his stables.

As for burning bridges with Liverpool fans, they no longer exist because he took a flame-thrower to them when he moved to Old Trafford.

Rather than kidding himself he's shoving his critics words back down their throats by trotting out meaningless stats and scoring meaningless goals, wouldn't it be better if Owen showed he can still do it where it matters, in the Premier League, on a regular basis?

If he still has pride, ambition and the belief he's good enough for one more tournament with England, he can't wait until the summer. He has to move in January. Owen has always loved gambling and, football-wise. he's approaching the last roll of the dice. He should take it.

Because to accept playing fifth fiddle at 31, when you believe you're still capable of scoring goals at the highest level, is an insult to everything he has achieved.

Read more: http://www.mirrorfootball.co.uk/opinion/columnists/brian-reade/Brian-Reade-column-Michael-Owen-should-quit-Manchester-United-for-Everton-to-rescue-England-hopes-article803017.html#ixzz1YzIpjOI3

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: September 25, 2011, 06:51:10 pm »
So, Owen wants to play for England but at the same is happy to sit on the bench most of the time at Man Utd. Horse fiend.

Online Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #446 on: September 25, 2011, 06:53:27 pm »

Nowadays to see that level of delusion in public, you normally have to watch the early auditions of X-Factor.

The only difference is that some of those contestants would have a chance to be seen on Primetime ITV.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline SMD

• Shit streamer. Can't be found by drive man.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #447 on: September 25, 2011, 06:55:24 pm »
Is there something in Ferguson's aura that radiates dementia? Seriously, there seems to be a collective lack of awareness and sanity.
"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy."

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #448 on: September 25, 2011, 07:03:04 pm »

But Owen is going nowhere. Struggling to make the bench and not even loved by many of his own fans who see him as a Scouser fallen on hard times. (One even tweeted to him after the 3-0 win at Leeds: "Good 1-0 win tonight. Your goals don't count.")

Lol! That's just sad.
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline Big Red Richie

• Thread killer extraordinaire. For future reference the order is T, U, V, W, X, Y, Z
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: September 25, 2011, 07:18:02 pm »
Lol! That's just sad.
Even weirder is whats going on with the date stamp on the top of that quote. ^^

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #450 on: September 25, 2011, 07:33:32 pm »
You knew that this would happen in the 70's already and said nothing :no
making a c*nting mess of a list, like c*nts on a bike trying to win the Tour de France...

Offline And Could He Play

• aka And Could He Play.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #451 on: September 25, 2011, 07:35:23 pm »
Even weirder is whats going on with the date stamp on the top of that quote. ^^

ha ha ha
www. ... .com      RAWK Clique Leader
Not saying my ex girlfriend was a slag but even the label in her knickers said next.

Offline Big Red Richie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: September 25, 2011, 07:39:03 pm »
For Sale.

Time Machine.
Used only -1 times.   
To be sold at auction, one week last Saturday.  ;)

Iii thankye.

But seriously.  Brian Reade has a very good point.

Does Owen want to still prove himself, or is it he just can't be arsed fighting for a first team place and proving himself elsewhere, as aposed to being a shithouse and polishing the bench for most of the rest of his career.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 07:41:36 pm by Big Red Richie »

Offline Les Willis

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #453 on: September 25, 2011, 07:44:13 pm »
Owen's a fool to himself sitting on the bench at Man Utd. If he really wanted an international career, he needs to be playing week in week out for a Premiership team. That would mean dropping his sights a bit and joining QPR or Wolves or someone. He's an Everton fan, so I don't see why he wouldn't plump for them. Apart from the fact that they wouldn't be able to pay him enough. Owen is sadly deluded.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2011, 08:28:12 pm by Les Willis »

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: September 25, 2011, 07:47:46 pm »
He's not up to playing week in, week out anymore is he?

Offline TYong

• Anny Roader
    • Follow Me On Twitter
« Reply #455 on: September 25, 2011, 08:16:57 pm »
Brian Reade gets it spot on

Offline muyuu

• Google Groomer. reddit remain campaigner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Rafa - fact
« Reply #456 on: September 25, 2011, 08:33:35 pm »

New brochure coming out?
"Chelsea have confirmed that their interim fans will leave the club when Roman Abramovich does"
-sinnermichael

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=303961.msg11432382#msg11432382

Offline Visigoth33

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #457 on: September 25, 2011, 09:12:56 pm »

what a classless & egoistic c*nt

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #458 on: September 25, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »
Jesus

You desperate, pleading, angry, regretful, begging, teacher faced, shit midget
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline kilgore

• thick as pig shit
  • Main Stander
« Reply #459 on: September 25, 2011, 10:23:21 pm »
Moyes will have Everton challenging for Europe, playing decent football to feet.

Come again?

Offline Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #460 on: September 25, 2011, 10:58:22 pm »
He really is a deluded little bunny, that article is spot on. He could do a job for some club that needs him instead of vying for parking with Danny Wellbeck.

Offline Mouth

• Loretta the Wool. Closely related to SHF's Trousers....and thought Thomas Müller was down to miss a penno. He's behind yooo. Wants you to say "what?" one more time! Dreams about anal sex but couldn't come even if he wanted to.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Filmed in front of a live studio audience
    • www.bigassfans.com
« Reply #461 on: September 26, 2011, 12:34:58 am »
He couldnt steal any medals if he went to the likes of Everton.
"Paranoia is a very comforting state of mind. If you think they're out to get you, it means you think you matter"

Jurgen! What is best in life?

Crush your enemies. See dem driven before you. Hear d'lamentations of der vimmen.

Offline coolbyrne

• Legacy Fan
  • Ground Control
« Reply #462 on: September 26, 2011, 03:01:38 am »

"And I'm humble, too."
Oh, these sour times.

No one admires resilience when you were just plain wrong all along - that's just twattishness.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!
« Reply #463 on: September 26, 2011, 03:31:07 am »
Brian Reade is talking shite, there is no chance Everton will be fighting for a European Spot.

Offline rushyman

• Not A Badgeman. Fuck him. Please. Someone. Anyone! But not Jonathan Pearce.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • On Halloween, parents send kids out lookin like me
« Reply #464 on: September 26, 2011, 03:45:03 am »
The only reason he can be still at United is because of Mouths reason there. Its spot on

Medal thieving at the end of his career off the hated rivals of the club that made him. To make up for the atrocious decisions he made during it. Just...c*nt

I cant express into words the hate I have for the shithouse. More than any that have ever kicked a football. Thats for sure
If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly

Jurgen Klopp

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #465 on: September 26, 2011, 07:57:57 am »
I cant express into words the hate I have for the shithouse. More than any that have ever kicked a football. Thats for sure

More the Diouf?

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #466 on: September 26, 2011, 08:21:51 am »
More the Diouf?

I can certainly see the argument. diouf always has been and always will be a horrible little shit who just happened to have the misfortune to play for us for just two seasons. Owen, came through our ranks, and seems desperate to piss on the legacy he once had here with every new comment or action. He may not be as deplorable a person as diouf but I can see why he is more hated by some. Diouf in the grand scheme of things is a nobody, Owen could have been an all time great and threw it away.

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #467 on: September 26, 2011, 09:20:14 am »
"I was born to make money, I feel. How I make it – how I get the cash into the bank – might have changed. The actual ability of what I was born to do will never leave me," he says. "I used to be able to make good investments, move money all over the Market, make great stock choices, increase my pension fund. I can't do that as much as I used to be able to. But what I've done is refine my greed to be more clever, get into lucrative contracts, be more instinctive around the bank."

Corrected for you Michael.
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #468 on: September 26, 2011, 03:46:44 pm »
The only reason he's still at manure is because he knows that he's lost it and going to another club where he will play regularly will show him up for what he is - a has been.  It's much easier for him to get a game in the Carling Cup where playing against lower level opposition is now his level.  Why risk giving up medal stealing for being made to look like a useless journeyman?
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline pcch7

• Fuck off and do some work you lazy fops
  • Legacy Fan
  • There can be only one and he is I.
« Reply #469 on: September 26, 2011, 03:56:52 pm »
if he went to Everton, his transformation into Judas is absolutely complete. I don´t have any respect for him now but I will have even less if that move happened.
Don't fuck with Sheryl Crow. Or Russel Crow. Or the guy from the crow. Or crows.

Best staying away from Leslie Crowther, too.... just in case.

Online Hazell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #470 on: September 26, 2011, 04:04:02 pm »
if he went to Everton, his transformation into Judas is absolutely complete. I don´t have any respect for him now but I will have even less if that move happened.

In a perverse way, I'd have more respect for him. He says he wants to play for England again, so a move to a club where he's playing regularly is surely better for him in that respect? He also says he'd rather play for a big club and not as much, rather than a smaller one which has less chance of winning things, which obviously means staying at Man Utd. He also says he's has to make decisions professionally with his head and not his heart, so that would mean a move away from Man Utd would better as he'd get paid more elsewhere and he'd be a regular and have an increased chance in playing for England. Is full of contradictions is our Michael.

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #471 on: September 26, 2011, 04:04:34 pm »

How does that work then?

;)
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline timmyonions

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96
    • timmyonions@gmail.com
« Reply #472 on: September 26, 2011, 04:17:54 pm »
In a perverse way, I'd have more respect for him. He says he wants to play for England again, so a move to a club where he's playing regularly is surely better for him in that respect? He also says he'd rather play for a big club and not as much, rather than a smaller one which has less chance of winning things, which obviously means staying at Man Utd. He also says he's has to make decisions professionally with his head and not his heart, so that would mean a move away from Man Utd would better as he'd get paid more elsewhere and he'd be a regular and have an increased chance in playing for England. Is full of contradictions is our Michael.

I could never see that happening.Michael has always made his priorities clear.Michael comes first.To be honest it never bothered me one iota,that he moved to the mancs,the lad was/is way way past his best for a while now.I just couldn`t see how he`d improve them any way at all.It was obvious the Govan Tramp signed him to get a dig in over this way,i cannot see any other logic to the signing.He leads from the front the bacon faced ol bastard,his obsession with the reds of Liverpool has no boundries and all his disiples follow suit accordingly.
Anyway my point is,i can`t see michael going to everton or any other lesser club to try to win back his England place.That ship has sailed a long time ago imo.Michael will stay,and collect medals his teamates earned over the season.
As i said it didn`t bother me about him moving there,but the day they were handed out their league medals he clutched onto it like he had really really contributed to the title win.123 minutes the little scab played over the season and he then had the neck to say it was his most treasured medal.Fucking sickening to hear from a man i considered a good pro when he played for us.I know he never had the same affection with the Kop as say robbie,etc but he played at a high level for a while at both club and international level.Looking at him now,its kind of sad in a way,he`s like the desperate little boy who never gets picked but continuously turns up even though he`ll never contibute anything worth while.
That right peg hits it and you see the future arc of the ball and time goes al gluey like a Dali painting, and for a second there's a 20yr old StevenGerrard and your young self cheering him on through the prism. His big smile fades in an the net is shivering and J.Hart's trying not to look grateful for the privilege of being that close to greatness

Offline scatman

• Slutty enough to make Jordan blush - and hard enough to piss in the wrong bush! Missing a shift key.
  • Legacy Fan
  • This is my world, you just WORK here :D
    • directions to football stadiums
« Reply #473 on: September 26, 2011, 04:24:35 pm »
did he start against stoke? it's just i've not seen Henry Winter and co wanking over him this week
Would sacrifice Fordy in a sacred Mayan ritual to have him as the next Liverpool manager
Football stadiums in England

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #474 on: September 26, 2011, 04:25:39 pm »
Sad thing is that I am absolutely certain he'll end up at Everton once Ferguson gets rid of him. He's that determined to shit on his legacy.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Terry de Niro

• Cellar dweller fella, ya know
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Are you talkin' to me or chewin' a brick?
    • Terry O'Shea @184tosh
« Reply #475 on: September 26, 2011, 04:28:45 pm »
did he start against stoke? it's just i've not seen Henry Winter and co wanking over him this week
He came on as sub for the injured Hernandez (11 minutes)

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #476 on: September 26, 2011, 04:46:16 pm »
Owen could have been an all time great and threw it away.

Indeed. Sad really, isn't it?

Besides placing Everton and Europe in the same sentence I think Brian Reade has it pretty much spot on regarding Owen. Actions speak louder than words as they say, and Owen's actions are positively screaming at being content to pick up his wages, along with just enough appearances to steal any medals that might be on offer come May.

Ambitious? Confident?

Based on his actions alone i'd say a more accurate description would be, 'shallow'.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline wheresnemeth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #477 on: January 19, 2012, 08:13:03 pm »
http://soccernet.espn.go.com/news/story/_/id/1010298/michael-owen:-i-can-break-bobby-charlton%27s-england-scoring-record?cc=3888

despite his lack of first-team opportunities, Owen still harbours dreams of pulling on an England shirt and firmly believes he can improve on his total of 40 goals, and even better Sir Bobby Charlton's haul of 49.

"I am proud of what I did for England and what I have done," he told the Daily Mirror. "Obviously Sir Bobby's records are in my sights. I am still here."

Having been a regular for England during his Liverpool and Real Madrid days, Owen - who has scored 40 times in 89 games for his country - soon found himself out of favour when Fabio Capello began his tenure in 2008.

"As soon as Fabio Capello took over, that was it," he said. "I was on the bench for his first game in charge after having been an automatic starter for 10 years, and then after that I wasn't in the squad. The manager is the only man who will know the answer why.

"You have to accept it. If you get upset and angry to start with, if you will keep getting wound up. You have to let it go and that's that. I don't know why, that's something you have to ask the current manager.

Before and after every tournament well have to hear about Owens Englad dreams.

Offline Cpt_Reina

• Vibranium goalie gloves.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #478 on: January 19, 2012, 08:15:14 pm »
The manager is the only man who will know the answer why.

I could hazard a guess for you Michael.

You dont play any football. Thats why.

Offline Juan Loco

• down in Acapulco. LIkes 'em salty and succulent, the wee lambies!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We've got our valuation and we're sticking to it
« Reply #479 on: January 19, 2012, 08:16:38 pm »
IT'S BECAUSE YOU'VE RETIRED YOU MASSIVE MYOPIC GOBSHITE.

"It's the football philosophy that counts, not the system."

A fully signed-up member of SPAS
The Stuart Pearce Apologist Society