Author Topic: Liverpool FC owners seek naming partner for potential new stadium  (Read 43651 times)

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
FENWAY Sports Group president Sam Kennedy says Liverpool's owners are on the hunt for a naming rights partner for a new stadium.

The outcome will go some way to deciding whether to build a ground in Stanley Park or refurbish Anfield.

“We are combing the earth looking for a potential naming rights partner for a new stadium,” Kennedy said.

“If we were able to get a naming rights partner, that would certainly factor into our analysis and will help as we look to make a decision on a refurb versus a new-build.

“That process has just gotten under way and we are out there talking to folks around the world.”

When Arsenal moved to a new ground in 2006, they secured a 15-year naming rights deal with Emirates airline worth £100m.

If FSG opt to revamp Anfield, then it will look for sponsors for different areas of the ground, rather than trying to rebrand the stadium with a sponsor's name.

FSG are hoping to boost Liverpool's spending power for players by offering commercial deals in conjunction with their American interests, such as baseball’s Boston Red Sox and the Roush Fenway Racing NASCAR team.

“What we are really focused on now is supporting efforts in the sponsorship area, especially North America,” Kennedy said.

“We are in the early stages of the development of Liverpool in the United States. There are opportunities in sponsorship, retail and broadcasting . . . and in having Liverpool come over to North America at some point.

“We are going to market the team and pursue commercial revenues so we can reinvest in the playing squad at Liverpool.

“We’ve been able to stabilise things from a business perspective by removing the debt of the team. But we haven’t achieved anything yet.”

Read More http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/corinthian/2011/05/14/liverpool-fc-owners-seek-naming-partner-for-potential-new-stadium-100252-28692504/#ixzz1MJP8KHsu
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Chivasino

• educated whopper
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Will be a very sad day when we no longer play at "Anfield".

I think it will happen though.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
Anfield Apple Stadium.
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline kennysmen

• Main Stander
Its just part of the process of the whole stadium decision. They want to have the full costings and potential revenues laid out in front of them before they make their decisions, so looking around to see who would pay for naming rights and how much is a big part of this decision making process.

This time the owners are taking the correct and more calculated approach to the stadium issue, not like them last too c*nts, spade in the ground and all that shite!!!

Personally though I hope they go with the re-development option of Anfield, would be strange to call somewhere else Home even if its only across the road.
This city has two great teams - Liverpool and Liverpool Reserves

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
Cue, arguments over whether to stay at Anfield or new stadium.  ;)

Back to the article - from reading the quotes, I’m not sure Sam is being very confident by the use of “if we are able to get a naming rights partner,….. “  or maybe I'm just over analysing

"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Rigden

• Legacy Fan
It would be a damn shame. Would rather not go down the corporate hore trail.
“Fans are great, but the quickest way to start losing is to listen to them.” – Sam Pollock

Offline TopChed

• Anny Roader
  • football without origi is nothing
=
Back to the article - from reading the quotes, I’m not sure Sam is being very confident by the use of “if we are able to get a naming rights partner,….. “  or maybe I'm just over analysing

My suspicion is that it has something to do with the fact that LFC haven't committed to a new stadium yet, so I'm sure it's a bit more difficult to get commitment from a potential sponsor.

Offline Andichrist

• Anny Roader
Cue, arguments over whether to stay at Anfield or new stadium.  ;)

I would imagine it to be pretty easy to find a partner, but I also think FSG will be looking for a very large deal, which is probably more difficult.

Offline Baz Smythe

• Legacy Fan
Anfield Apple Stadium.

It wouldn't be anyone that good.

More like Adobe Anfield or Dr Peppers Anfield
Follow me on twitter.

https://twitter.com/1chrissmith1

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
Out of curiosity, should the unthinkable happen and we end up playing at <<Company Name>> Stadium, what are some companies which are both plausible and bearable for everyone?

I'd start it off, but I can't actually think of any so far. Arsenal got quite fortunate with "Emirates" I think. It doesn't sound as bad as some

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
Re: Liverpool FC owners seek naming partner for potential new stadium
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:07 am »
Do people think that with a recession on we could get a new stadium cheaper?

With firms short of work maybe they will lower the costs to make sure they get the contract.

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Finn Solomon

• Life sentence
  • Legacy Fan
  • I love Coutinho's balls
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:21 am »

Facebook Stadium. Like it!
Twitter - FinnSolomon
Rafa made it so that you didn't give a shit which fucking ball emerged from Platini's jar.

Offline Dr Manhattan

• I discovered and developed fucktron. That's right, me. It's my word and, frankly, anyone trying to take credit for it is nothing short of a fucktron.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Officially the 7th best poster you'll see on here.
« Reply #12 on: May 14, 2011, 09:34:54 am »
It'll still just be Anfield, especially if we end up refurbishing the ground as it is now. Doesn't matter who the naming rights partner is.

Do you honestly think if we stay where we are, add 12-15,000 seats, and get some naming rights, people will start calling it something else? No, nobody will. It'll always be Anfield.

If we moved then that might be a different story.
I trust the King, but if we lose a few more on the trot now - he may have to step aside, and we have to purchase another manager in the middle of the season. If we are relegated, this could be the end of our ambitions to win any title the next 100 years.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: May 14, 2011, 09:35:23 am »
Out of curiosity, should the unthinkable happen and we end up playing at <<Company Name>> Stadium, what are some companies which are both plausible and bearable for everyone?

I'd start it off, but I can't actually think of any so far. Arsenal got quite fortunate with "Emirates" I think. It doesn't sound as bad as some

The Correct Grammar Company A Field Stadium  ;D :P

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #14 on: May 14, 2011, 09:36:18 am »
It'll still just be Anfield, especially if we end up refurbishing the ground as it is now. Doesn't matter who the naming rights partner is.

Do you honestly think if we stay where we are, add 12-15,000 seats, and get some naming rights, people will start calling it something else? No, nobody will. It'll always be Anfield.

If we moved then that might be a different story.

That's what the OP is on about though. A new stadium. I think Ayre has already said that name rights = new stadium and that a new name on Anfield is a no go.

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #15 on: May 14, 2011, 09:37:09 am »

Google would be weird.

Google Anfield stadium. it's like being told what to do.

Don't think it will really matters we will just keep calling it Anfield anyway.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan

Offline koppper

• Berrg
  • Kopite
  • My hovercraft is full of eels
« Reply #17 on: May 14, 2011, 09:38:27 am »

With firms short of work maybe they will lower the costs to make sure they get the contract.

The problem is that much of the costs are the concrete and the steel which are driven by the cost of oil => very expensive.
My postillion has been struck by lightning

I am the berrgman

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #18 on: May 14, 2011, 09:38:36 am »
and we'd make a shitload of money to improve the team/club etc....and after so many years it'd just revert back to Anfield would it not?

Offline Uhoh AureliOs

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fabio!
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2011, 09:38:51 am »

What about the price of steel and other materials? I don't know off the top of my head but I guess it's gone up and would even things up a bit.

Online west_london_red

• Knows his stuff - pull the udder one! RAWK's Dairy Queen.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • watching me? but whose watching you watching me?
« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2011, 09:39:31 am »

Problem is that while the construction industry has been struggling, the price of commodities like steel etc is still very high
Thinking is overrated.
The mind is a tool, it's not meant to be used that much.
Rest, love, observe. Laugh.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #21 on: May 14, 2011, 09:40:40 am »
We negotiate a deal with Denny's to change their name to Kenny's and then sponsor the new stadium
« Last Edit: May 14, 2011, 09:42:11 am by PJG »

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #22 on: May 14, 2011, 09:42:07 am »
As long as well keep <Company Name> Anfield, at least will be tolerable. Please NO "Rebook Stadium", "Allianz Arena" type of shite.

Offline pgh

• Main Stander
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #23 on: May 14, 2011, 09:42:16 am »
       GOOGLE STADIUM,

the rewards would be massive

Offline fosspowered

• Legacy Fan
  • More of an IDK than ITK.
    • FOSSPowered
« Reply #24 on: May 14, 2011, 09:42:48 am »
We negotiate a deal with Denny's to change their name to Kenny's and then sponsor the new stadium
Make a deal with KFC to change their name to LFC and then sponsor the stadium LFC Anfield,

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #25 on: May 14, 2011, 09:46:52 am »
It will be interesting how much we will get. I get a feeling how we are doing deals lately it will be something that will blow everyone else's out of the water and no better time to look with the feel good factor at the club now.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: May 14, 2011, 09:50:05 am »
Make a deal with KFC to change their name to LFC and then sponsor the stadium LFC Anfield,

Lentucky Fried Chicken  ???

but if we do, we should also negotiate with Jack Daniels

Old No. 7 Kenny's LFC Anfield

Offline maqu006

• Legacy Fan
  • RAWK's literary theorist
« Reply #27 on: May 14, 2011, 09:51:42 am »
We have to move on with the times. Tradition is essential for the identity of our club but look at what the "respect for tradition" has done to us over the last 15 years with the backwardness of Moores and Parry. I say, move on with the times and keep "the Liverpool way" as the foundation of everything we do.

Offline Ziltoid

• Grass. See you at next year's panto (oh no you won't!). Carrot-topped Phallic Snowman Extraordinaire.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Scrubbers
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2011, 09:53:11 am »
Cillit Bang Stadium

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2011, 09:55:44 am »
We have to move on with the times. Tradition is essential for the identity of our club but look at what the "respect for tradition" has done to us over the last 15 years with the backwardness of Moores and Parry. I say, move on with the times and keep "the Liverpool way" as the foundation of everything we do.

To right make as much money as we can from the Liverpool name.

Doesn't mean we have to change how the club is run that can stay the same, which is part of the reason companies what to buy into the name anyway.

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2011, 09:56:57 am »
If FSG opt to revamp Anfield, then it will look for sponsors for different areas of the ground, rather than trying to rebrand the stadium with a sponsor's name.

So we could have four stands all with different sponsors rather than the name of the stadium being sponsored which would be a lot more appealing to fans I think. However, the Kop might be a tricky one to do unless there is a company out there called "Spion" :D

Offline Alex Raisbeck

• Kopite
  • 'Arry Redknapp,baggy faced bell end bastard.
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2011, 09:59:23 am »
If we stay at Anfield,then everyone will still call the stadium 'Anfield' whether or not there's a name change/addition IMO
If we build a new stadium with a sponsors name then I think we can do a lot better than the £100M over 15 years deal that Arsenal have.
"How many lives has Liverpool skipper? 'Tis a puzzle that's hard to unravel; Each game he plays is the game of his life''....

Offline xavidub

• Not on message, ennui
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Member No. 6218
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2011, 10:01:54 am »
to be honest if it gets our capacity up to about 65 thousand I don't really care what it's called
You have to try very hard to see what's going on in front of your face

Offline TomDcs

• Cross dressing, pant shitting, clothes thief
  • Legacy Fan
  • Six times...
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2011, 10:04:56 am »
It's likely to be someone from USA or Asia realistically, would hope for the latter and a company with a generic sounding name than something like the KFC stadium ???

Offline surfer. Fuck you generator.

• surgood. As good as Suarez but CBA to play for us. Takes it on the chin and never holds a pointless grudge for several months.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2011, 10:07:47 am »

The worrying bit. Welcome to Anfield - would you like refurbishments in the Coke Centenary?

Offline xerxes1

• Arch Revisionist. Lord Marmaduke of Bunkerton. Has no agenda other than the truth. Descendant of Prince John.
  • Legacy Fan
  • L-I-V,E-R-P-,double OL, Liverpool FC.
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:01 am »
The "New Stadium" threads carry the fors and againsts quite well.

Naming rights for the existing stadium are likely to be inconsequential - Chelsea tried and failed to get £100m to rename Stamford Bridge. The reason? It's Stamford bridge, isn't it?

The big money IS in a branded stadium "Allianz Arena", Farmers Insurance have just signed a $700m deal for the 30 year naming rights deal for a stadium that doesnt even have a team in it yet!
http://money.cnn.com/galleries/2011/fortune/1103/gallery.stadium_names.fortune/index.html

Many people do not even realise that the Emirates , Britannia and walkers stadiums ARE branded.
"I've never felt being in a minority of one was in any way an indication that I might be in error"

Offline Passmaster Molby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: May 14, 2011, 10:08:24 am »
I still think the decision to move or stay rests mainly on the findings of the season ticket waiting list clean up. If we stay, we keep the Anfield name and sponsor the stands etc, but if its a new stadium get ready for the Adidas Arena or Pizza Hut Park.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #38 on: May 14, 2011, 10:10:26 am »
Unfortunately this is becoming more and more likely. But as much as it'll hurt, I don't think we should be complaining about this. I'd rather be winning the Premier league, and European Cup, and watching fantastic football, in the American Express Stadium (which will still be LIVERPOOLS stadium, whatever it's called), than sat in Anfield watching the last 20 years all over again. We must move with the times.

It's time for people to prepare to let go I'm afraid.

Offline PJG

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: May 14, 2011, 10:11:31 am »
"The Budweiser"