Author Topic: General Manchester City thread  (Read 3454642 times)

Offline Willi

• ave a sensa yuma? It appears e will :) Needs an 'h' in 'Cef', clearly! Appy retirement, fella :)
  • Kopite
Re: General Manchester City thread
« Reply #24960 on: March 10, 2019, 08:15:28 pm »
I know someone here in Germany who went to Anfield for the Palace match. Went to Tottenham last season. Supposed to be a Schalke fan, goes about once a season (We live in the south of Germany). I presume he buys hospitality tickets.
So yes, there are football tourists.

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24961 on: March 10, 2019, 09:02:30 pm »
I know someone here in Germany who went to Anfield for the Palace match. Went to Tottenham last season. Supposed to be a Schalke fan, goes about once a season (We live in the south of Germany). I presume he buys hospitality tickets.
So yes, there are football tourists.
yup I do this once or twice a year going to another country to watch games, granted it’s far easier to get tickets there

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24962 on: March 10, 2019, 09:13:46 pm »
Just found this regarding the whole ‘ffp is illegal under European law’ argument city fans bring up

http://ec.europa.eu/competition/sectors/sports/joint_statement_en.pdf

These are objectives which UEFA, as governing body for football in Europe, will promote in a balanced and proportionate way, acting in accordance with all applicable legal rules and, in particular, within the framework of EU law.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #24963 on: March 10, 2019, 09:46:05 pm »
I'm agreeing with you?
Yeah I misread you in the thrall of insomnia, Claus mate. Sorry!
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24964 on: March 10, 2019, 10:23:43 pm »
Yeah I misread you in the thrall of insomnia, Claus mate. Sorry!

Haha no worries pal, I'm quite happy that my (unposted) list of equals/betters was the same as yours.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Timbo's Goals

• Petrified of THE BEAST
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
    • Timbos Liverpool
« Reply #24965 on: March 10, 2019, 11:40:11 pm »
He won promotion with Reggiano but didn't actually win the 2nd division - far cry from taking a 4th division side to win the league

@BIG DICK NICK, fully aware there are critics of him & his record but you cannot deny either his success or the style revolution he has implemented at every coaching stop - CL wins or not.  RM won 3 in a row on the trot but weren't even the best team in Spain so going by trophies alone is hardly the measure of what makes a coach great - Zidane did poorly with RM's cantera teams.  Similarly, Klopp who is indeed a great coach, doesn't have a trophy cabinet like Pep's but no less makes him an outstanding coaching option

So no, I do not understand anyone being dismissive of his work.  Knock City, Arab/Sheikh/Oil/Oligarch money but Pep's work?  The proof is what you see on the pitch, they are easy on the eye and set records along the way.  Everyone wanted him as their coach - you want to transform your side, you are guaranteed of that under Guardiola

Your tagline is 'We all Live in a red and White kop' and yet you are so manifestly not a Red.

Your glib assertion that City are 'easy on the eye' is the proof positive. Such a statement is at such odds with the gut instincts of any true Liverpool supporter as to make your comment utterly risible. The fact is anyone who purports to be a true red or even a true football enthusiast simply cannot stomach the oil wealth procured obscenity - club, players and manager - that exists down the East Lancs Road/M62 [delete road route as appropriate]

Don't get me wrong no fans could possibly claim to have afforded legitimate rivals of undeniable high quality the praise they so richly merit as much as your traditional Liverpudlian has done down the years.

I was present at pretty much all the games where even in the aftermath of the most disappointing defeats we've still found the heart and sportsmanship to roundly applaud and even drool over such excellence.

The list is endless.

John White for Spurs with his sublime inside forward play; Gordon Banks as he single handedly kept us at bay with his unworldly saves; Georgie Best and Bobby Charlton as they mesmerised us during our '60's rivalry; Man City themselves in the late '60's with their incredible front five of Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young and Coleman; Chelsea in '66 when they and particularly Peter Osgood played our '60's supermen off the park in the FA cup 3rd round; Florian Albert when for 90 minutes he oozed a level of midfield maestro widardry we'd never before witnessed at Anfield soon to be followed by Zolton Varga doing likewise a year or so later; the great Leeds United when they deprived us of the title in '69; even Arsenal doing the same in '89 in the closing minutes when the pain and anguish of Hillsborough was still so unbearably raw. The examples go on and on.

The current debacle that is Manchester City and Pep Guardiola however?

Neither of these pariahs can ever expect to receive so much as the steam off our decomposing shit. They represent the very worst of what in recent years has come to contaminate the beautiful game. And, of course, the ultimate irony of it all is that the man whose legions of beguiled fawning acolytes  - including your goodself - have elevated to some absurd status of greatness can never in reality command such a mantle due to the very manner in which he has striven to achieve it; from his pampered emergence at Barca, via his cossetted years at Bayern all culminating in his management of the despicable cesspit of corruption that is Manchester City.   

Offline Redsnappa

• Pining for No.20
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks Shanks for Tosh and Kev.
« Reply #24966 on: March 11, 2019, 12:43:38 am »

/snip

Is that 'Amazing posts that you may have missed' thread still going because this needs to be in there  :wellin :thumbup :scarf

Offline SpionBob

• I have a signed Kenny Dalglish shirt on my wall-is that a bit gay?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • WITH JURGEN kLOPP WE WON IT 6 TIMES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #24967 on: March 11, 2019, 12:58:57 am »
Your tagline is 'We all Live in a red and White kop' and yet you are so manifestly not a Red.

Your glib assertion that City are 'easy on the eye' is the proof positive. Such a statement is at such odds with the gut instincts of any true Liverpool supporter as to make your comment utterly risible. The fact is anyone who purports to be a true red or even a true football enthusiast simply cannot stomach the oil wealth procured obscenity - club, players and manager - that exists down the East Lancs Road/M62 [delete road route as appropriate]

Don't get me wrong no fans could possibly claim to have afforded legitimate rivals of undeniable high quality the praise they so richly merit as much as your traditional Liverpudlian has done down the years.

I was present at pretty much all the games where even in the aftermath of the most disappointing defeats we've still found the heart and sportsmanship to roundly applaud and even drool over such excellence.

The list is endless.

John White for Spurs with his sublime inside forward play; Gordon Banks as he single handedly kept us at bay with his unworldly saves; Georgie Best and Bobby Charlton as they mesmerised us during our '60's rivalry; Man City themselves in the late '60's with their incredible front five of Summerbee, Bell, Lee, Young and Coleman; Chelsea in '66 when they and particularly Peter Osgood played our '60's supermen off the park in the FA cup 3rd round; Florian Albert when for 90 minutes he oozed a level of midfield maestro widardry we'd never before witnessed at Anfield soon to be followed by Zolton Varga doing likewise a year or so later; the great Leeds United when they deprived us of the title in '69; even Arsenal doing the same in '89 in the closing minutes when the pain and anguish of Hillsborough was still so unbearably raw. The examples go on and on.

Neither of these pariahs can ever expect to receive so much as the steam off our decomposing shit. They represent the very worst of what in recent years has come to contaminate the beautiful game. And, of course, the ultimate irony of it all is that the man whose legions of beguiled fawning acolytes  - including your goodself - have elevated to some absurd status of greatness can never in reality command such a mantle due to the very manner in which he has striven to achieve it; from his pampered emergence at Barca, via his cossetted years at Bayern all culminating in his management of the despicable cesspit of corruption that is Manchester City.   
Wow!!! Very nicely put.
Public enemy number one: On the RAWK watch list for offering alternative views, supporting Rafa and abusing ill informed WUMS with dubious agendas. Where's the crime in that? Victim of self-important mod with itchy finger.

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24968 on: March 11, 2019, 05:41:33 am »
He took a relegated Barca B team from the 4th to win promotion to the 3rd that included absolutely unheralded players like Busquets & Pedro (Who had basically been floating from one lower division team to another) - he did NOT have Thiago or either of the Dos Santos' as they were still with Juvenil A. He had no big names whatsoever, they were a mess and played nothing like the first team much less what Cruyff had set out for the club & cantera decades earlier.  Flores barely played despite being signed to add steel in defense

No high profile coach has had the sort of resume & success Pep has had

His "innovative" football was boring at Bayern though, compared to Heynckes. Their fans were happy when he left.
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #24969 on: March 11, 2019, 05:57:43 am »
His "innovative" football was boring at Bayern though, compared to Heynckes. Their fans were happy when he left.

I can't claim to watch City much, I tend to avoid them mostly, but if I do watch them, I find them dull as I did Bayern, not sure what it is, well, I do, it's the incessant slow passing, it's like a monotone drone, and the 90% possession and then the occasional burst to score an identy-kit goal when they need one. Leavese me cold. 
i guess I am not enough of a football aficionado to appreciate the art of it! (And before any crybaby starts - I know many many people find it great, and maybe I would to if I watched it a lot, but I'm talking 3 or 4 games a season tops here, which is as often as I watch those plastic frauds, and that's too often as it is).

<snip>

Snipping for space, but leaving that last bit in, as it's a thing of beauty and needs quoting and re-quoting for Xxavi's benefit anytime he gets all high and mighty about his beloved hypocrite.   Nicely put Timbo.

Offline SlowRap

• SlowCrapAllOverTheBoards. No longer appealing! Apparently not a bastard. But no denial of being sarcastic and having no clue. Interesting. Fist pumps all the way down the stairs.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Let freedom reign
« Reply #24970 on: March 11, 2019, 07:06:29 am »
I don't agree with the notion that Peps achievement are to be belittled because he achieved them with established clubs. Mainly because it totally negates the pressure of being at a top club.
"We must turn from doubters into believers" - Jurgen Klopp

I've got a feeling that Origi is the real deal, from a couple of games I watched but mainly his interviews there seems to be something about him.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24971 on: March 11, 2019, 07:40:28 am »
Just found this regarding the whole ‘ffp is illegal under European law’ argument city fans bring up

I’m not a lawyer, but in my opinion, FFP is not illegal. A sporting competition has the right to set its rules and expect participants to abide by them. The role of the governing body in any sport, is to protect the integrity of the competition.

Offline Runehammer

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #24972 on: March 11, 2019, 07:49:14 am »

The list is endless.

That's a fucking belter Timbo!

Offline Mister Flip Flop

• More flop than flip.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24973 on: March 11, 2019, 08:13:26 am »

They are worried now as they should be
Soccer - let's face it, its not really about a game of ball anymore is it?

Offline FCukBarca Haw-Haw

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24974 on: March 11, 2019, 08:22:23 am »

Happy?  They have floundered since his departure and the club & players were disappointed to see him turn down an extension to leave for City.  Sounds more like revisionism

I am not a red, or a blue, for that matter.   I like the football being played by both City & Liverpool but obviously (Based on my username) prefer Barcelona & Pep is more blaugrana than anyone - so yes, I appreciate his football most.  Doesn't mean I can't appreciate that of Liverpool's under Klopp - both trump Valverde's Barca in terms of being pleasing on the eye, apart from Leo & Dembouz

Not convinced you know what glib means, City are indeed pleasing on the eye - I said nothing about ownership so that is irrelevant.  I don't like the Glazers or FSG but obviously prefer the football played by Klopp & Liverpool. 

Pep will be remembered as one of the true footballing geniuses & revolutionaries in the game, no need to take my word for it - merely those of countless legends of the game.  Pampered emergence?  4th division to first division & winning every competition there is in club football in the first season in a manner that captivated the footballing world.  Pampered or inaccurate?  You would certainly walk alone in that regard

Offline Qston

• Loves a bit of monkey tennis and especially loves a bit of sausage relief......singularly though #sausage
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Believer
« Reply #24975 on: March 11, 2019, 08:36:50 am »

The list is endless.

What he said
"Just a normal lad from Liverpool whose dream has just come true" Trent June 1st 2019

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24976 on: March 11, 2019, 08:47:38 am »
Happy?  They have floundered since his departure and the club & players were disappointed to see him turn down an extension to leave for City.  Sounds more like revisionism

It is probably incorrect to say the fans were happy he left, but they definitely weren't sad about it and the more dynamic style of play from that Heynckes team was generally much preferred to that of Pep's side.

Since him, they have clearly had a higher than expected turnover of managers, but continuing to win the league and get to the knockout stages of the CL hardly sounds like floundering, it is not like Pep had them winning the CL after all. Their biggest issue more than anything else is finding the right players to replace their retired or retiring recent stars, something that Pep hardly facilitated during his time there.

Offline Ratboy3G

• Sworn enemy of Mousegirl5G
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24977 on: March 11, 2019, 08:56:21 am »
I can't claim to watch City much, I tend to avoid them mostly, but if I do watch them, I find them dull as I did Bayern, not sure what it is, well, I do, it's the incessant slow passing, it's like a monotone drone, and the 90% possession and then the occasional burst to score an identy-kit goal when they need one. Leavese me cold. 
i guess I am not enough of a football aficionado to appreciate the art of it! (And before any crybaby starts - I know many many people find it great, and maybe I would to if I watched it a lot, but I'm talking 3 or 4 games a season tops here, which is as often as I watch those plastic frauds, and that's too often as it is).

Snipping for space, but leaving that last bit in, as it's a thing of beauty and needs quoting and re-quoting for Xxavi's benefit anytime he gets all high and mighty about his beloved hypocrite.   Nicely put Timbo.

Glad I am not the only one who thinks this, I find City incredibly dull to watch.
I am a man of few words.....any questions?

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24978 on: March 11, 2019, 09:00:42 am »
It is probably incorrect to say the fans were happy he left, but they definitely weren't sad about it and the more dynamic style of play from that Heynckes team was generally much preferred to that of Pep's side.

Since him, they have clearly had a higher than expected turnover of managers, but continuing to win the league and get to the knockout stages of the CL hardly sounds like floundering, it is not like Pep had them winning the CL after all. Their biggest issue more than anything else is finding the right players to replace their retired or retiring recent stars, something that Pep hardly facilitated during his time there.

It is indeed the narrative atm, a lot of criticism was levied at Pep as his time dwindled down at Bayern but Bavarian journalists were fairly shocked to see the Catalan coach turn down an extension at the German club to go to a club with little history in City.  But this is the nature of Pep's ambition to try his brand of football in different countries/leagues

The Heynckes debate is more about 'one of their own' rather than his brand of football, although their treble season was more a confluence of different factors - he couldn't repeat it when returning.  Pep's impact in German football is immense with the NT even winning the WC with a spine of players directly influenced by Guardiola and set off a chain reaction of young coaches adopting his style & methods.  Even now, Ten Hag at Ajax is a Cruyff disciple who adopted quite a bit from Pep while coaching the Bayern youth team

There was in the end, quite a bit of bitterness/disbelief that Guardiola left IMHO - more so than happiness.  Perhaps some resentment that somehow Bayern's success/style was discussed only in Pep terms and overlooking the treble season.  I believe a club used to the sort of success Bayern are were simply angry about being turned down but who knows for sure

Offline Dave D

• Dozy, Beaky, Mick and Tich
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24979 on: March 11, 2019, 09:01:25 am »
Pep will be remembered as one of the true footballing geniuses & revolutionaries in the game...

A lot of people see his career as being tainted through doping, that's financial and other.
On the plus side, after Guardiola has finished whoring himself around Europe to the highest bidder and his managerial career is finally over, you'll have amassed a nice collection of jerseys in your wardrobe. Juventus are selling something like 5 or 6 jerseys this season, you should look into getting a larger wardrobe for next season.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #24980 on: March 11, 2019, 09:09:41 am »
It is indeed the narrative atm, a lot of criticism was levied at Pep as his time dwindled down at Bayern but Bavarian journalists were fairly shocked to see the Catalan coach turn down an extension at the German club to go to a club with little history in City.  But this is the nature of Pep's ambition to try his brand of football in different countries/leagues.

What first attracted you to the Sheikh-owned, Oil-Rich, Premier-League winners Pep?
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24981 on: March 11, 2019, 09:10:34 am »
It is indeed the narrative atm, a lot of criticism was levied at Pep as his time dwindled down at Bayern but Bavarian journalists were fairly shocked to see the Catalan coach turn down an extension at the German club to go to a club with little history in City.  But this is the nature of Pep's ambition to try his brand of football in different countries/leagues

The Heynckes debate is more about 'one of their own' rather than his brand of football, although their treble season was more a confluence of different factors - he couldn't repeat it when returning.  Pep's impact in German football is immense with the NT even winning the WC with a spine of players directly influenced by Guardiola and set off a chain reaction of young coaches adopting his style & methods.  Even now, Ten Hag at Ajax is a Cruyff disciple who adopted quite a bit from Pep while coaching the Bayern youth team

There was in the end, quite a bit of bitterness/disbelief that Guardiola left IMHO - more so than happiness.  Perhaps some resentment that somehow Bayern's success/style was discussed only in Pep terms and overlooking the treble season.  I believe a club used to the sort of success Bayern are were simply angry about being turned down but who knows for sure

I've never read so much crap.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24982 on: March 11, 2019, 09:15:39 am »
What first attracted you to the Sheikh-owned, Oil-Rich, Premier-League winners Pep?

I was curious where he would go but all signs pointed to City even before he accepted the proposal from Bayern.  City have Txiki & Soriano who Pep knows quite well and in a difficult working environment of modern club football this is an important working relationship to ensure trust & transparency.  Txiki knows Pep & vice versa - so it was fairly easy to guess he would end up there with the deep pockets of City ownership

What happened since, has not surprised me - I expected it despite most making predictions he would be 'found out'.  The bad is that it often means that Pep & City will compete for similar profile players than Barcelona and even some cantera players -Erik Garcia is a prime example of a tremendous youth player lost to Pep & City or even Adrià Bernabé.  Of course, I blame our board & Pep Segura mostly for the poor sporting direction but pleased at least that Garcia will develop under Guardiola.  17 y.o. Bernabé, btw, is an outstanding player the Premiership is sure to hear about soon enough

Plus, at the end of the day, Guardiola's coaching journey will eventually lead him back to La Masia to coach youth teams
« Last Edit: March 11, 2019, 09:27:57 am by FCukBarca Haw-Haw »

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24983 on: March 11, 2019, 09:16:57 am »

I agree about you with Bayern and him. I'm sure plenty appreciate him for his time there, and when Ancelotti's tenure faultered in the 2nd season they probably appreciated him more. But really, he didn't actually do what he was employed there to do. Of course, it didn't help him that Heynckes is a legend and won the CL. And his remit was to take that a step further - i.e. get Bayern to be a super power in Europe as Madrid have been in the past few seasons. But he didn't even get them to a final and suffered some unacceptable results for the fans of Bayern in the CL. And I think that taints his tenure there with a lot of people. Cos winning the league and cup with a team far better than anyone else by that time, wasn't enough. Those Bayern squads between 2013 and 2016 where fantastic teams. So his relationship with Bayern is likely nowhere near the same as with Barca (and maybe City, who knows, their fans are tits).

His remit is the same at City of course, whatever they peculiar fans think, the owners crave CL successs, and want them to be a power in Europe. So far they've been a team people on the outside looking in glance at with a sideways sneer. Yes, a great squad, as they should be for the money they spent, but still a small club in the grand European scheme of things.

Offline ChrisLFCKOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24984 on: March 11, 2019, 09:17:14 am »
Glad I am not the only one who thinks this, I find City incredibly dull to watch.

Me too, find it boring and dull....Often joke to city friends that no wonder they win...they bore the opposition to sleep.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #24985 on: March 11, 2019, 09:31:59 am »
I was curious where he would go but all signs pointed to City even before he accepted the proposal from Bayern.  City have Txiki & Soriano who Pep knows quite well and in a difficult working environment of modern club football this is an important working relationship to ensure trust & transparency.  Txiki knows Pep & vice versa - so it was fairly easy to guess he would end up there with the deep pockets of City ownership

What happened since, has not surprised me - I expected it despite most making predictions he would be 'found out'.  The bad is that it often means that Pep & City will compete for similar profile players than Barcelona and even some cantera players -Erik Garcia is a prime example of a tremendous youth player lost to Pep & City.  Of course, I blame our board & Pep Segura mostly for the poor sporting direction but pleased at least that Garcia will develop under Guardiola

Plus, at the end of the day, Guardiola's coaching journey will eventually lead him back to La Masia to coach youth teams

My point - which I suspect you know - is that it was slightly misleading for you to describe Man City as a team with little history. Factually that may been true, but I rather think the immense, indeed astronomical, budget available to a City manager, plus their recent track record of being league champions weighed heavily with Guardiola. Any Bayern Munich person being “surprised” that Pep left them for a “club with little history” clearly hadn’t been studying the financial pages properly. Manchester City was the obvious choice for a coach who has never experienced anything but a massive financial advantage over all his rivals.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline blert596

• or is it Simon Peg, Advert: Buy incontinence bed pads from www.incontinencechoice.co.uk Wash & disposable. Trade & Public.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24986 on: March 11, 2019, 09:35:38 am »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lj-9lSEBBm0

All the badge kissing in the world don't make up for the fact that they are, frankly, not Liverpool Football Club. It's not their fault. Its just how it is.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24987 on: March 11, 2019, 09:35:54 am »
My point - which I suspect you know - is that it was slightly misleading for you to describe Man City as a team with little history. Factually that may been true, but I rather think the immense, indeed astronomical, budget available to a City manager, plus their recent track record of being league champions weighed heavily with Guardiola. Any Bayern Munich person being “surprised” that Pep left them for a “club with little history” clearly hadn’t been studying the financial pages properly. Manchester City was the obvious choice for a coach who has never experienced anything but a massive financial advantage over all his rivals.

Compared to the biggest clubs in world football, it's an accurate description of City - even Pep has commented on this many times in press conferences.  They cannot compare to a Liverpool, United or Barcelona in terms of club history

As for Bayern vs City, the odds when Guardiola was in NYC doing his sabbatical was that City was the next destination.  Bayern had never even entered into the rumour mill until things were well underway - so sure, there was surprise that after first choosing to go to Bayern to make the move from Bayern to a club with comparatively little history in City.  It was absolutely met with shock & even anger, with many surrounding the club taking shots at Pep - to the point that other club officials had to come to his defense to show respect for the work he had done

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24988 on: March 11, 2019, 09:42:32 am »

I don't remember anyone being very surprised he left Bayern. It was a short term gig. And especially as every bugger knew he was going to City for such a long time, how anyone could be surprised is beyond me. The only surprise for some was that he went there in the first place. At the end of the day, he did well domestically as many have there, but he didn't really do what they thought he'd do, so it wasn't as much of a punch in the gut as Xxavi might want you to think.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24989 on: March 11, 2019, 09:44:14 am »
Me too, find it boring and dull....Often joke to city friends that no wonder they win...they bore the opposition to sleep.

Where the fuck did you find them? I can only recall 1 City fan that I've known and he was an arl fella from before they won the lottery, live about 60 miles from Manchester so it's not like it's the other end of the country, even the foreigners around here who tend to be glory hunters support either us, the mancs or Arsenal, never see anyone wearing their clobber

Offline Red Viper

• Foolproof
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Fantasy NFL Champion 2019 & 2020
« Reply #24990 on: March 11, 2019, 09:49:06 am »
I had no idea Guardiola won the World Cup for Germany in 2014. He clearly is a revolutionary to win a competition he wasn't even managing in.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #24991 on: March 11, 2019, 09:56:01 am »
I had no idea Guardiola won the World Cup for Germany in 2014. He clearly is a revolutionary to win a competition he wasn't even managing in.

Well he did help Qatar win their bid for the 2022 World Cup.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24992 on: March 11, 2019, 11:23:08 am »
I don't remember anyone being very surprised he left Bayern. It was a short term gig. And especially as every bugger knew he was going to City for such a long time, how anyone could be surprised is beyond me. The only surprise for some was that he went there in the first place. At the end of the day, he did well domestically as many have there, but he didn't really do what they thought he'd do, so it wasn't as much of a punch in the gut as Xxavi might want you to think.

CEO of Bayern, for one - Karl-Heinz Rummenigge

The aim is to extend Guardiola’s contract and I think we have very good chances that he remains the coach here beyond 2016. (Going on to refute links to City).  I am also aware that Begiristain worked with Guardiola at Barcelona at some point. But I cannot imagine that Pep would go to a club like Manchester City.

I am optimistic about Pep's renewal," Rummenigge said.

"We have a great offer on the table, which you cannot just shove aside.

"We will have a serious conversation with Pep in the upcoming weeks and we will see what comes from that.

"I want to win the Champions League another time - with Guardiola in charge."

Also, I am not Xxavi

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24993 on: March 11, 2019, 11:52:06 am »

Also, I am not Xxavi

Thing is, nobody will remember him at Bayern, because his predecessor made history.

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24994 on: March 11, 2019, 11:52:28 am »
I do dislike it when people dismiss our overseas fans as "tourists."

If I were in, for instance, Barcelona and decided to take in one of their games, I'd be a tourist. If I were a longtime Barcelona fan and go over to watch them I'd be a Barcelona can who had travelled to see his club.

I don't see random tourists en masse just deciding to take in a Liverpool match then walking up to Anfield and getting in. What we have are proper Liverpool fans who just travel a lot further to see us than we locals do.

Basically, the haters just hate the fact that the genuine big clubs have a far reaching appeal and fanbase, and many of that fanbase will travel big distance to see their club.

"We don't get as many tourists as ..... "  should be replaced with
"We don't have many fans as ... "  if we are seeking accuracy on this.

Good post mate.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #24995 on: March 11, 2019, 11:53:14 am »
And if you are a tourist in Manchester who is a neutral there is only one stadium you’d pick

The only football club in Manchester is Manchester City. There literally is no other choice.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

• Anny Roader
« Reply #24996 on: March 11, 2019, 11:59:05 am »
Thing is, nobody will remember him at Bayern, because his predecessor made history.

If that were indeed the case then Bayern certainly wouldn't come back to him for advice on coaching choices - like they did when they replaced Ancelotti

Online So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #24997 on: March 11, 2019, 12:22:39 pm »

What happened since, has not surprised me - I expected it despite most making predictions he would be 'found out'.  The bad is that it often means that Pep & City will compete for similar profile players than Barcelona and even some cantera players -Erik Garcia is a prime example of a tremendous youth player lost to Pep & City or even Adrià Bernabé.  Of course, I blame our board & Pep Segura mostly for the poor sporting direction but pleased at least that Garcia will develop under Guardiola.  17 y.o. Bernabé, btw, is an outstanding player the Premiership is sure to hear about soon enough

Are you CatcherintheRye?

If so I claim my £5.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #24998 on: March 11, 2019, 01:32:45 pm »

Also, I am not Xxavi
You are Xxavi and I claim my £5.

Offline FiSh77

• LoAves0. Is completely hooked on RAWK. Dead ringer for Amos Taylor. Burns, baby, burns.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #24999 on: March 11, 2019, 01:35:28 pm »
You are Xxavi and I claim my £5.

Get fucked, I claimed it first, and 10 bonus internet points ;D