Author Topic: Jose Manuel Reina  (Read 274863 times)

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
Re: Jose Manuel Reina
« Reply #2800 on: March 1, 2012, 04:15:32 pm »
The story is already forgotten. Nowhere in mainstream press now. Just keep quiet and all is well again,

Do you include the BBC's main football page as mainstrem press?
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
  • Always look on the bright side of life
« Reply #2801 on: March 1, 2012, 04:15:47 pm »
That shouldn't have to be the case though. Let's all ignore this and it will go away is a large part of why racism is so rife in the first place!!!

... but its a nothing story..
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Red Being

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2802 on: March 1, 2012, 04:16:17 pm »
what.a.fucking.joke.
the only thing we can do is to ignore the media.i dont think we are doing that exactly.we go on discussing the media created crap continuously.which is what they want.

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #2803 on: March 1, 2012, 04:17:00 pm »
This is my first post having popped in to read the various posts over the last few years, this is the first time I feel moved to post something.
Having watched the ad last night and again this morning, I can see why OBV and Simon Wooley have taken offence. As a black man I take offence. If people feel there is no racial overtones there then a great deal of  naivety going on or denial. The question I asking myself there are only one 'non white' set of characters in the ad and they are in a stereotypical setting and displayed manner which has been used over and over again in countless films dramas over the years etc.
I'm no great supporter of Simon Wooley, however I respect what he and OBV do, I read an earlier post saying BME groups were over represented at the last election, I'd loved to see the link to that research to see the full transcript. From my memory there are a handful of 'black' (african and caribbean) MPs and 27 MP from BME groups, which doesn't reflect the BME population in the UK. Just because you've never heard of an organisation or heard of the work they do, doesn't mean they are unimportant, their views have no value, or what they say shouldn't be heard. OBV has been going for 15 years, with a view of greater representation of BME groups in both national, local and grassroots level politics. Also to engage the 'black' community around the power they have to affect what happens in their community to get these  issues on the  national agenda. Where I live and work I don't see the 'black' community concerns making onto the national agenda and being taken seriously, so from where I sit OBV is not 'obsolete'
I like many love Pepe as a keeper, however it doesn't mean he can do no wrong. It difficult because none of us were there, however I do feel some alarm bells should have rung,  to say something not right after see the final cut. I do disagree with Simon Wooley by singling Pepe out, my fire is turned to the ad exs, writer and directors who are happy for this to pass and think this is ok, again its the thinking your happy to see certain people decpited in ways without thinking how it impacts on other.
Finally I saw a post (either on here or another forum) saying the 'black' actor were happy to appear in the ad. When you know how hard it is for some 'black' actors to get any work then you'll know why they appeared, we all got to live bottom line.

I think most will respect and appreciate what you are saying but that last line mate, utter drivel.
If you are Black man/woman, being offered a job, no matter how hard it may well be to get work, you wouldnt devalue yourself in participating
IF you felt it was unjust, or morally wrong to do so.
The directors, writers etc have more to answer for here, if indeed they need to, than anyone who appears in the ad.
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Online HarryLabrador

• went broke, so had to get the retrievers in.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2804 on: March 1, 2012, 04:18:21 pm »
This is my first post having popped in to read the various posts over the last few years, this is the first time I feel moved to post something.
Having watched the ad last night and again this morning, I can see why OBV and Simon Wooley have taken offence. As a black man I take offence. If people feel there is no racial overtones there then a great deal of  naivety going on or denial. The question I asking myself there are only one 'non white' set of characters in the ad and they are in a stereotypical setting and displayed manner which has been used over and over again in countless films dramas over the years etc.
I'm no great supporter of Simon Wooley, however I respect what he and OBV do, I read an earlier post saying BME groups were over represented at the last election, I'd loved to see the link to that research to see the full transcript. From my memory there are a handful of 'black' (african and caribbean) MPs and 27 MP from BME groups, which doesn't reflect the BME population in the UK. Just because you've never heard of an organisation or heard of the work they do, doesn't mean they are unimportant, their views have no value, or what they say shouldn't be heard. OBV has been going for 15 years, with a view of greater representation of BME groups in both national, local and grassroots level politics. Also to engage the 'black' community around the power they have to affect what happens in their community to get these  issues on the  national agenda. Where I live and work I don't see the 'black' community concerns making onto the national agenda and being taken seriously, so from where I sit OBV is not 'obsolete'
I like many love Pepe as a keeper, however it doesn't mean he can do no wrong. It difficult because none of us were there, however I do feel some alarm bells should have rung,  to say something not right after see the final cut. I do disagree with Simon Wooley by singling Pepe out, my fire is turned to the ad exs, writer and directors who are happy for this to pass and think this is ok, again its the thinking your happy to see certain people decpited in ways without thinking how it impacts on other.
Finally I saw a post (either on here or another forum) saying the 'black' actor were happy to appear in the ad. When you know how hard it is for some 'black' actors to get any work then you'll know why they appeared, we all got to live bottom line.

I see nothing in that ad which could offend a black or gay person. To be absolutely frank, real Africans will not take offence, and trust me, there are real African tribes who currently live that kind of lifestyle, and there is nothing belittling or disparaging about that civilization.

Seriously, if this offends you, how on earth do you live from day to day.......? I am not being insulting I hasten to add, just curious.
SoS Membership Number: 387

Offline Carly

• Rafa Obsessive. Wales Rugby Union fan. Defianately!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2805 on: March 1, 2012, 04:18:26 pm »
Its a funny advert, can't get the tune out of my head lalalala.  :D

Offline hollger

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2806 on: March 1, 2012, 04:18:55 pm »

Aye, alright. Fuck off.

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2807 on: March 1, 2012, 04:20:03 pm »
... but its a nothing story..

Says who? Apparently its good enough for the BBC's main sports page. We as a club need to start taking action against this kind of shit or we will continue to paint ourselves as an easy target for any company who wants to quickly raise their profile.

The big problem now is that should the club move to dismiss this report then next week another company will pop up claiming that we are racially insensitive.

Offline davidg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2808 on: March 1, 2012, 04:21:50 pm »
That shouldn't have to be the case though. Let's all ignore this and it will go away is a large part of why racism is so rife in the first place!!!

Wrong. You're conflating this issue, which is basically a press witch-hunt dressed up as racist concern, with genuine racism.

Important distinction.
' When you over simplify, you become unjust ' - Ernest Hemingway

Offline ReddyMac

• Kopite
  • These eyes seek more glory!!
« Reply #2809 on: March 1, 2012, 04:22:29 pm »
BTW when is the last time Reina saved a penalty?

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2810 on: March 1, 2012, 04:23:26 pm »
Says who? Apparently its good enough for the BBC's main sports page. We as a club need to start taking action against this kind of shit or we will continue to paint ourselves as an easy target for any company who wants to quickly raise their profile.

The big problem now is that should the club move to dismiss this report then next week another company will pop up claiming that we are racially insensitive.

so do you believe that pepe is racist? i dont.

do you think it was him that directed the ad? i dont.

Do you think he did it for money and nothing else?

i think he did, his agent gives him a ring says "theres an ad coming up and they want you to do it" pepe says "yeah, ok sounds good"....

or do you think the convo went "there's a racist ad coming up and they want you to do it" pepe says "fuck yeah, i love being racist.."

wise up mate, nothing story.
"When I’ve got nothing better to do, I look down the league table to see how Everton are getting along." - Bill Shankly

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ...we had dreams and songs to sing...
« Reply #2811 on: March 1, 2012, 04:23:30 pm »
We as a club need to start taking action against this kind of shit or we will continue to paint ourselves as an easy target for any company who wants to quickly raise their profile.

What should the club do? Issue statements, multiplying the attention and profile of the likes of Lee Jasper even higher, which is exactly what they want?

Silence and circumspection is the best method to deal with this, alongside us working to our own commitments in the community.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2812 on: March 1, 2012, 04:26:15 pm »
Which isn't to say I'm okay with adult to child relationships. More often than not, that's someone praying on an innocent child. Even if it were consensual, a child doesn't have a fully developed mind and until a certain point, I wouldn't trust their decision making. Just going to make that clear, even though it's irrelevant, so nobody throws that out as a counterpoint.

Woah! Good post mate but this bit was unnecessary. I don't think anyone would accuse you of that just cos you said you are accepting of homosexuality!

Offline Rormac

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2813 on: March 1, 2012, 04:26:18 pm »

he doesn't have to, the kickers keep missing. 

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2814 on: March 1, 2012, 04:27:10 pm »
What should the club do? Issue statements, multiplying the attention and profile of the likes of Lee Jasper even higher, which is exactly what they want?

Silence and circumspection is the best method to deal with this, alongside us working to our own commitments in the community.

Don't know to be honest but there must be some kind of deterrent for these companies. I mean how in the fuck has this story got on the BBC website? Makes a mockery of the good work other people are trying to do to combat racism.

so do you believe that pepe is racist? i dont.

do you think it was him that directed the ad? i dont.

Do you think he did it for money and nothing else?

i think he did, his agent gives him a ring says "theres an ad coming up and they want you to do it" pepe says "yeah, ok sounds good"....

or do you think the convo went "there's a racist ad coming up and they want you to do it" pepe says "fuck yeah, i love being racist.."

wise up mate, nothing story.

Your missing my point which is the club need to be pro active to stop these companies having a go in the first place. Now I might be being daft but I'm almost certain that if that was David De Gea in that advert absolutely nothing would of been said or reported.

Then again he did get caught robbing doughnuts so who knows.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 04:30:23 pm by Butter Keks »

Offline MoSzizlak

• Kopite
  • Yum Yum!
« Reply #2815 on: March 1, 2012, 04:27:22 pm »

Rooney 2 years ago  :D

he scored the rebound  :'(

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2816 on: March 1, 2012, 04:29:56 pm »
Don't know to be honest but there must be some kind of deterrent for these companies. I mean how in the fuck has this story got on the BBC website? Makes a mockery of the good work other people are trying to do to combat racism.

Act in haste repent at leisure. The media are rapacious and hungry for melodrama. Thats their nature. You don't feed their frenzy by lowering yourself to respond to the likes of Lee Jasper in the manner they want, so they can achieve what they want to achieve.

"My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in."

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2817 on: March 1, 2012, 04:34:27 pm »

Apologise three times should do it.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2818 on: March 1, 2012, 04:35:31 pm »
Act in haste repent at leisure. The media are rapacious and hungry for melodrama. Thats their nature. You don't feed their frenzy by lowering yourself to respond to the likes of Lee Jasper in the manner they want, so they can achieve what they want to achieve.

Yeah I see your point. Bit of a damned if we do/ damned if we don't situation. 

Offline doc_antonio

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2819 on: March 1, 2012, 04:35:53 pm »

Your missing my point which is the club need to be pro active to stop these companies having a go in the first place. Now I might be being daft but I'm almost certain that if that was David De Gea in that advert absolutely nothing would of been said or reported.

Then again he did get caught robbing doughnuts so who knows.

And you’re missing my point.. it’s a nothing story, it will be forgotten about, it’s just a small time group trying to start up something and getting their 15mins of fame.

Plus, if the club act on it then chances are the meia will blow the whole thing out of proportion so fuck that, quiet word with the players about doing stuff like that again will do.

Offline macca888

• Macca the Militant Illiterate Gnok. Chief Football Hack aka macca888. Jacqui Smith and Anne Widdecombe, in any order. Or together. He's not fussy. Overdue with Crosby Nick. Recently elevated to status Sir Precious C*nt.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2820 on: March 1, 2012, 04:39:31 pm »
Right, my job here is done. I'm off now to complain to Proctor and Gamble about their "Fairy Liquid" adverts, the homophobic twats. How dare they imply that gay men jizz on their dishes to get them clean. Treating gay men like animalistic sex freaks, furiously masturbating over Weetabix encrusted breakfast bowls is the only conclusion I can make by branding their product in such a derogatory anti-gay way. It just perpetuates the stereotype of gays that we have in this country of them always wanking over the wine glasses. How could Nanette Newman ever have endorsed this bile filled commercial just for a few quid in the bank I'll never know. She's lived in England all her life, I think, so she's got no excuse for ignorance in the fight against homophobia in the UK.
Macca resplendent!
A colossus bestriding the
moral high ground as ever.

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2821 on: March 1, 2012, 04:39:54 pm »
Apologise three times should do it.

You can't stop those like Lee Jasper and his cohorts from trying to make hay whilst the sun shines, nor a viscious media interested in sensationalism to hype up their hitcounts on social media for doing so.

You could respond to them disproportionately and amplify them and provide them with exactly what they want though.

Therefore the club should maintain radio silence for the time being.

Offline SadRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2822 on: March 1, 2012, 04:40:41 pm »
Do you include the BBC's main football page as mainstrem press?

It was yesterday for a couple of hours. If there is any reaction from club or fans, they will write more crap. This is a game and we need to learn to play it. If we react, we fall into their trap again. Just keep quiet

Online GBF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The only religion with a God that you can touch!
« Reply #2823 on: March 1, 2012, 04:41:17 pm »
Right, my job here is done. I'm off now to complain to Proctor and Gamble about their "Fairy Liquid" adverts, the homophobic twats. How dare they imply that gay men jizz on their dishes to get them clean. Treating gay men like animalistic sex freaks, furiously masturbating over Weetabix encrusted breakfast bowls is the only conclusion I can make by branding their product in such a derogatory anti-gay way. It just perpetuates the stereotype of gays that we have in this country of them always wanking over the wine glasses. How could Nanette Newman ever have endorsed this bile filled commercial just for a few quid in the bank I'll never know. She's lived in England all her life, I think, so she's got no excuse for ignorance in the fight against homophobia in the UK.

you fancy some faggots for dinner tonight?
01111001 01101111 01110101 00100111 01101100 01101100 00100000 01101110 01100101 01110110 01100101 01110010 00100000 01110111 01100001 01101100 01101011 00100000 01100001 01101100 01101111 01101110 01100101

Offline Stussy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2824 on: March 1, 2012, 04:42:32 pm »
It was yesterday for a couple of hours. If there is any reaction from club or fans, they will write more crap. This is a game and we need to learn to play it. If we react, we fall into their trap again. Just keep quiet

Correct.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2825 on: March 1, 2012, 04:43:34 pm »
You can't stop those like Lee Jasper and his cohorts from trying to make hay whilst the sun shines, nor a viscious media interested in sensationalism to hype up their hitcounts on social media for doing so.

You could respond to them disproportionately and amplify them and provide them with exactly what they want though.

Stussy I understand what you are saying mate, but why does it feel like this is not going to be the last time these groups are going to blame LFC for being rascist again when we are not !!!
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2826 on: March 1, 2012, 04:47:14 pm »
Stussy I understand what you are saying mate, but why does it feel like this is not going to be the last time these groups are going to blame LFC for being rascist again when we are not !!!

Thats my problem with it as well. If we respond we give them more time in the spotlight and if we do nothing no doubt somebody will claim we condone racism.

Disgusting mess.

Offline hurricane74

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2827 on: March 1, 2012, 04:51:36 pm »
Forget about the rest of your post, suffice to say if you genuinely are offended by the advert then it is your right to have that opinion. However I will just take you to task on the point I've quoted above. So you think it is OK for black actors to star in what you think is an inherently racist advert because they can't find work anywhere else? You think the pittance they probably earned for this advert as extras was enough for them to effectively betray their families and the wider black community at large? You think that what really happened is that all of the black people in this advert thought "Oh well, I'm going to be laughed at and ridiculed and further oppressed by possibly racist white people, castigated by the black community for helping to exacerbate racism in society and help to promote disgusting racial stereotyping. But it's OK, I'll bottle up my true feelings and not care for the negative consequences because I'll be able to eat egg and chips tonight." If that is genuinely what you think, your views of fellow black men is disgusting, and no better than calling them any of the various names that black people call what they consider to be black traitors to the black community.

My post didn't say that, in listening to black actors in the past and present, they sometimes have to  take roles  and are offered roles which can be very uncomfortable for them. Some won't do them, however the reality is some people have to take roles for a variety of reasons. I don't see the people who have to do this as traitors, or call them any names, I understand the game.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2828 on: March 1, 2012, 04:55:46 pm »
Thats my problem with it as well. If we respond we give them more time in the spotlight and if we do nothing no doubt somebody will claim we condone racism.

Disgusting mess.

If this was any "other player" from any "other club" there would not have been a single word said about it and this my friends is a dirty stinking big FACT!!!!!

Offline Armand9

• Legacy Fan
    • http://armand9.deviantart.com/
« Reply #2829 on: March 1, 2012, 04:56:39 pm »

You're wrong http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/, it's been there ever since.

However, I've at no point said the club should react to this, I agree there's nothing to answer for and they should and I'm sure they will just ignore it.
Losing your only chance of silverware this season to your city rival. At home. With the most expensive squad ever assembled.

Have that, you arrogant wanker. CarraG238

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2830 on: March 1, 2012, 05:00:27 pm »
I think it's funny and totally harmless. God, some people must have little in their lives if they're complaining about that.

Offline zip

• Legacy Fan
  • That was liquid football!
« Reply #2831 on: March 1, 2012, 05:02:31 pm »
I can't believe so much attention is being given to it on RAWK.
One day, people will hopefully look back and say "I was there son. I was there the year that Spurs won nothing again."

Offline se9R.F.L

• Legacy Fan
  • i fight the empire, i fix the robots.
    • imdb
« Reply #2832 on: March 1, 2012, 05:08:18 pm »
My post didn't say that, in listening to black actors in the past and present, they sometimes have to  take roles  and are offered roles which can be very uncomfortable for them. Some won't do them, however the reality is some people have to take roles for a variety of reasons. I don't see the people who have to do this as traitors, or call them any names, I understand the game.
that is called "being an actor" mate. Believe me, 99% of actors are out of work or doing shitty extra work.
It's not a "black" thing and you shouldn't try and make it one. Have you listened to many white actors lately? It's not all harry potter and twilight trust me.
If they thought it was racist they wouldn't have done it surely, unless they are very confused.
« Last Edit: March 1, 2012, 05:10:16 pm by se9R.F.L »

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
« Reply #2833 on: March 1, 2012, 05:11:09 pm »

The problem is when you start pandering to these kind of idiots by apologising so profusely for something as insignificant as a player not shaking hands with someone he doesn't like then you end up empowering them. They are not going to go away and will carry on chipping away until we are forced to say something.

Keeping quiet isn't a solution it is just postponing the inevitable in the end we are going to have to man up and face up to this campaign against the Club, all we are doing for me is allowing poisonous little cretins a free reign to enhance their reputation by slinging mud at the Club.

Mud sticks and the longer we leave it the more damage we will have to repair. Jasper and his cohorts are bullies who wouldn't dream of standing up to real racists but will justify themselves by attacking soft targets. We are walking around turning the other cheek with a massive bullseye painted on our backs.

The Club needs to make a statement highlight the steps we have taken to fight racism and cut off the supply of oxygen to shitehawks like Jasper.
"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline emitime

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #2834 on: March 1, 2012, 05:18:35 pm »
I think the most damning content of that statement is that he's the one that suggests an African tribal society is 'backward and stupid', of which there are many, most well know probably being the Masai. There is nothing in that ad that suggests the tribe is 'backward or stupid', the only suggestion is the king has a liking for the 'queen'.

If anything I would suggest this tribe is more progressive than most of the western world. How many openly gay prime ministers or presidents can you name off the top of your head?

Offline No666

• Married to Macca.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2835 on: March 1, 2012, 05:21:12 pm »
Don't the newspapers and organisations pontificating about this just look like a load of humourless prod-noses? Actually, the storm in a teacup is now funnier than the ad ever was.

Offline hurricane74

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2836 on: March 1, 2012, 05:24:33 pm »
that is called "being an actor" mate. Believe me, 99% of actors are out of work or doing shitty extra work.
It's not a "black" thing and you shouldn't try and make it one. Have you listened to many white actors lately? It's not all harry potter and twilight trust me.
If they thought it was racist they wouldn't have done it surely, unless they are very confused.

Have you listened to a lot of 'black actors' recently? If 'white actors' are struggling then understand that 'black actors' are really struggling. its not a black thing??!!! really!!!!

Offline Hunter Thompson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Possibilities, no?
« Reply #2837 on: March 1, 2012, 05:25:40 pm »
If we've learned anything recently it's that everything is a black thing.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2838 on: March 1, 2012, 05:35:13 pm »
Have you listened to a lot of 'black actors' recently? If 'white actors' are struggling then understand that 'black actors' are really struggling. its not a black thing??!!! really!!!!

Yeah I seen Eddie Murphy & Morgan Freeman selling the Big Issue in town the other day.

Offline drpepe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2839 on: March 1, 2012, 05:36:20 pm »

i don't want to misinterpret, can you explain what you mean there?